Author Topic: Chick complains about skaters on IG  (Read 21719 times)

BieberStance

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -17
Re: Chick complains about skaters on IG
« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2020, 12:07:04 PM »
where is that brooklin skater girl that used to be hating on men and on famous female (pro) skaters equally on here while blatantly overestimating her skills and refusing to aknowledge that she was pretty bad at skating when she is needed? what was her name again? i bet she could explain to us what this girl here means exactly

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #91 on: October 15, 2020, 12:12:36 PM »
where is that brooklin skater girl that used to be hating on men and on famous female (pro) skaters equally on here while blatantly overestimating her skills and refusing to aknowledge that she was pretty bad at skating when she is needed? what was her name again? i bet she could explain to us what this girl here means exactly

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #92 on: October 15, 2020, 12:21:23 PM »
When you got a set of fun bags like that and dudes ain't claiming you in public, you probably nuttier than squirrel turds.

BieberStance

• Rep: -17
« Reply #93 on: October 15, 2020, 12:38:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

exactly!

NE SEctor

• Rep: -22
« Reply #94 on: October 15, 2020, 12:40:17 PM »
I have no faith left for humanity.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1105
« Reply #95 on: October 15, 2020, 12:41:13 PM »
Oh look, another over-privileged rich white girl who appropriated wokeness as a way to control others over narcissistic, self-serving bullshit.

I absolutely despise white feminism and people like this outside of our community who try and hijack the woke movement to grift whatever personal brand they are involved in. Her callouts are lazy will achieve absolutely nothing but further put a target on the backs of women, POC, and LGBTQ+ skaters and stoke the fires of resentment from other skaters outside of those marginalized categorical distinctions. Just look at this thread as an example of that.

There is so much good work being done right now on behalf of marginalized skate communities that has undoubtedly been a long time coming. And for this person to just completely ignore our current presence within skateboarding is borderline an act of erasure. Was she a part of any of the uplifting and support for the LGBTQ, POC, and women skate community at any point? No, but she interviewed Alex Olson who himself appropriated gay culture to promote his own personal brand and appear woke.

So as someone who is a POC and part of the LGBTQ+ skate community, we absolutely do not claim her. 

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #96 on: October 15, 2020, 12:48:38 PM »
An astute friend pointed out that she is not even 30... how do you age like that
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #97 on: October 15, 2020, 12:49:59 PM »
An astute friend pointed out that she is not even 30... how do you age like that
She's simultaneously too young and too old for this type of shit.

ETA: just saw she posted some self-aggrandizing statement on Twitter about how she wishes "people were as passionate about social justice issues as they were about defending sk*teboarding"... I told myself I wasn't gonna get sucked into this but the fucking nerve of this woman, acting as if everyone in skateboarding was asleep at the wheel the past summer when, in actuality, company owners were donating profits to BLM, skateboarders were marching through the streets demanding change, and the media was making a conscious effort to lift black voices above all. But no, don't sweat it guys, she posted a couple of infographics and slapped a "Black Lives Matter" hashtag on a few posts, she did her part

Fuck, man. I know skateboarding is far from perfect but the sweeping generalizations here absolutely suck ass.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 01:01:55 PM by heckler »
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

thingsthingsthings

• Rep: 32
« Reply #98 on: October 15, 2020, 12:51:33 PM »
Associating skateboarding, or even placing it adjacent to a statement about white supremacy / racism is so insanely misguided and a completely shitty thing to say to thousands of followers who don't know anything about the community. Being a white boy growing up in a small-ass white town, my first interaction with people from other races and nationalities was through skateboarding. Taking a train from the suburbs to the city to go skate, making friends with people from every fucking background, hanging with their families, learning about their cultures, was the best education in diversity a young kid could ever have. And without skateboarding to break that barrier, I probably wouldn't have had it like that seeing how a lot of the people I grew up with turned out staying in their bubble.  She just seems to be bouncing around all sorts of super important and complex topics and throwing phrases around that are super fucking significant and not just something you should blurt out when you have a pause in your bullshit argument.

Double Thick Filbert

• Rep: -56
« Reply #99 on: October 15, 2020, 01:07:35 PM »
This incoherent lady is struggling on some heavy USA meds. The next post was her in a Walmart g-string. The one after that is her in a bathtub saying her 5 minute rant about skateboarders was actually about white supremacy.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #100 on: October 15, 2020, 01:45:42 PM »

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #101 on: October 15, 2020, 02:03:47 PM »
Who hurt you?

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
« Reply #102 on: October 15, 2020, 02:05:08 PM »
That was like watching a T FUNK part with all the arm movement.

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #103 on: October 15, 2020, 02:41:40 PM »

LOL

Julio you nailed it as ever :) Heckler you gave me the excitement I needed. Things and Boomer made me smile and then laugh and now I'm back on earth.

Yeah, like Julio said this is purely a case-study on white feminism. This is some douche displaying how douchey she is in public and nothing more. She implodes violently, dragging unrelated objects into her vacuum, demanding attention and space as she goes... and then fades into obscurity from whence she came.

I'm meltinggg! -Wicked witch of the whites.

Someone bring her a Starbucks before she blows a sprocket. Some of us are trying to be gay and anarchial out here, jeez...

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #104 on: October 15, 2020, 02:45:07 PM »
Damn and Bill Burr just called out the white feminists on SNL recently.

hhaddockk

« Reply #105 on: October 15, 2020, 03:10:01 PM »
still probably would

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #106 on: October 15, 2020, 03:35:06 PM »
Expand Quote

is there a specific rw connell article this is on or an overall idea of their work? interested in reading more.
[close]

Connell, never investigates skateboarding specifically (as far as I know), but ends up being a huge force in creating a foundation for studying masculinity. I'd just spark notes my way through one of Connell's key works.

Becky Beal did a great article in 95 on skateboarding masculinity; Neftalie Williams just finished up his dissertation that looks at race in skateboarding (I imagine we'll see a lot of his work coming out in the next two to three years); Emily Yochim-Chivers did a great book on skateboarding, which discusses masculinity; and the Pushing Boarders stuff has its presentations on the topic as well.

Finally, could you imagine Chris Milic walking on to a football field? Or, him walking into the WWF ring with his chocolate milk and his stuffed animals?  We are far far far from perfect, but it irks me to no end to get lumped in with typical frat boy jock dickheads.

tight, i've been following pushing boarders & neftalie for a while and it helped push me back to continue my studies in sociology last year. just picked up dani abulhawa's new book, too, "skateboarding and feminity". i pulled up a couple of connell's pieces to check out and also found yochim's book available to read online. thank you!

i'd love it if we heard more positive news about skaters, like skate pal or after-school skate programs, but thats not the case. toxic masculinity exists in lots of scenes and for people who surround themselves around skateboarding they will or have experienced it in one way or another. so, it's not strictly a skater thing because once we strip everyone of their skateboard, football, computer games, etc. they'll still be assholes. but it is a skater thing because we're all a part of this skate world and it is a problem that is happening. in some cases, skaters became the jocks they weren't trying to be. i don't like being lumped up with jocks and abusers but i also know there's a history of this and try to do my part to set better examples and change perspective. obviously it cant happen overnight but it's up to all of us to call out the bullshit when we see it and work on rewiring those within the "skate community" first to make it more welcoming to all newcomers and setting better examples for the future and working on forming and maintaining healthy relationships. preserving or protecting skate culture works both ways in terms of making it inclusive and still weeding out the kooks.

i don't know, video was weird fosho. maybe she got kinda lost (white supremacy?) and now i probably am too. someone else could have expressed her sentiments better but she probably had to get it off her chest so i back her on that, but i see the point the girl in the video was going for and she even said it herself she's trying to open up the conversation, so gotta start somewhere. i thought she was talking about toxic masculinity, my bad.
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #107 on: October 15, 2020, 03:56:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

LOL

Julio you nailed it as ever :) Heckler you gave me the excitement I needed. Things and Boomer made me smile and then laugh and now I'm back on earth.

Yeah, like Julio said this is purely a case-study on white feminism. This is some douche displaying how douchey she is in public and nothing more. She implodes violently, dragging unrelated objects into her vacuum, demanding attention and space as she goes... and then fades into obscurity from whence she came.

Someone bring her a Starbucks before she blows a sprocket. Some of us are trying to be gay and anarchial out here, jeez...

LOL GAWD DAMMIT JUST MARRY ME ALREADY ARMIN.

Dorje Drolo

• Rep: -56
« Reply #108 on: October 15, 2020, 04:08:27 PM »
Did she say "just shame on you" at some point in the vid. I got a couple seconds in and had to pull the rip chord cause homegurl and people like her are the problem in todays society. She must of loved Bill Burr's opening SNL monologue from last week.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2191
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #109 on: October 15, 2020, 04:12:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

LOL

[close]

Ooh, ooh... Can I officiate for you two? (not even waiting for Armin's answer.   :-\)

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Spacenoid

• Rep: 0
« Reply #110 on: October 15, 2020, 04:26:50 PM »
Instagram is a breeding ground for histrionic personality disorder. I'm usually not a reductive guy but nobody would give a fuck to analyze this woman's words beyond a page if she were ugly. The fact that she does all this finger-wagging about a personal problem says a lot

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #111 on: October 15, 2020, 04:33:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

LOL

[close]

[close]
Ooh, ooh... Can I officiate for you two? (not even waiting for Armin's answer.   :-\)

Fuck yes you can and all you beautiful shalomies on SLAP are invited.   

EvaporatedMilk

• Rep: -15
« Reply #112 on: October 15, 2020, 04:35:52 PM »
OPEN LETTER TO THE SKATER-DATER AND/OR BORDERLINE/NARCISSISTIC PERSONALITY DISORDER COMORBIDITY COMMUNITY:

STOP USING PATRONIZING DEHUMANIZING BIGOTED LANGUAGE AGAINST AN UNPROTECTED IDENTITY CLASS JUST BECAUSE THE GUY YOU'RE DATING DID SOMETHING YOU DIDN'T LIKE

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2191
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #113 on: October 15, 2020, 04:56:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

LOL

[close]

[close]
[close]

Mazel tov, and of course... Shalom.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #114 on: October 15, 2020, 05:06:34 PM »
Oh look, another over-privileged rich white girl who appropriated wokeness as a way to control others over narcissistic, self-serving bullshit.

I absolutely despise white feminism and people like this outside of our community who try and hijack the woke movement to grift whatever personal brand they are involved in. Her callouts are lazy will achieve absolutely nothing but further put a target on the backs of women, POC, and LGBTQ+ skaters and stoke the fires of resentment from other skaters outside of those marginalized categorical distinctions. Just look at this thread as an example of that.

There is so much good work being done right now on behalf of marginalized skate communities that has undoubtedly been a long time coming. And for this person to just completely ignore our current presence within skateboarding is borderline an act of erasure. Was she a part of any of the uplifting and support for the LGBTQ, POC, and women skate community at any point? No, but she interviewed Alex Olson who himself appropriated gay culture to promote his own personal brand and appear woke.

So as someone who is a POC and part of the LGBTQ+ skate community, we absolutely do not claim her.
Damn. All that needs to be said about this ^^^

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
« Reply #115 on: October 15, 2020, 05:16:46 PM »
So which one of you ghosted her? I know one of y’all post here.

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
« Reply #116 on: October 15, 2020, 05:17:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

LOL

[close]

[close]
[close]

I’m excited I haven’t been to a wedding in years!

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #117 on: October 15, 2020, 05:19:43 PM »

My money is on Feedback Ted
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #118 on: October 15, 2020, 05:24:32 PM »
she even said it herself she's trying to open up the conversation, so gotta start somewhere.

She isn’t though. She’s deleted every single comment that doesn’t agree with her, however constructive. She blocked me for asking why she’s talking about a subject she admits to knowing nothing about and refusing to listen to people that do. I saw a comment suggesting she watched the LGBT Love Letters video and it’s gone. That’s not even a video to counter hers. It makes points that are in agreement with what she’s doing such a shit job of discussing, and also against it. But importantly it’s done by people actually experiencing it and who know what tf they’re talking about. If she had any interest in opening the discussion then she would take some of this on board. She wants anything but, she’s just looking for validation.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #119 on: October 15, 2020, 05:25:34 PM »
I have it on good authority it's Johnny Giger.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.