Author Topic: Chick complains about skaters on IG  (Read 21630 times)

UselessAsshole

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 200
Re: Chick complains about skaters on IG
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2020, 09:18:54 PM »
It's like watching Dr. Evil trying to come up with a plan...

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2020, 09:21:35 PM »
WTF is this person even talking about. 

I really wish someone would do a comprehensive study on narcissism and its relationship to social media.  There is a very vocal subset with a savior/martyr complex that thrive off of this shit and its getting increasingly disturbing. 

Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Highonangeldust

• Rep: 584
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2020, 09:31:42 PM »

LewFarrell

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 140
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2020, 09:39:49 PM »
Is she a councillor at camp crystal lake? Looks like Jason got her...

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2020, 09:41:33 PM »
Really curious as to what it is she’s calling “the skate community”. She really referring to the entire planets skate community?

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2020, 09:46:02 PM »
I hate people like that and you can't tell her she is wrong  :-X

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2020, 09:50:21 PM »
"If it doesn't apply to you, feel free not to take it."

Meanwhile on Slap...

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2020, 09:56:51 PM »
She's stupid and we're stupid for validating her with a thread, but i do get some satisfaction from the fact she would probably have a hernia if she saw the thread just refers to her as "chick"

Bob Dylan Jaeb

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2020, 09:58:05 PM »
I sex'd this broad and never called her again, that why she so salty

Cellular

• Rep: 16
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2020, 10:02:59 PM »
This is so vague and useless.  I do not see why anyone gives two shits what a self proclaimed ¨Life/Sex"coach has to say.  She has no actual evidence, no statistics, just ¨skateboard bad¨

I mean he is kinda doing dog drugs so I fuck with it

Vomit Lust

• Rep: 83
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2020, 10:07:08 PM »
Wasn’t this lady just on Feedback’s IG? Ted, come get your girl, dude. She’s causing trouble.

fakie butt drop

• Rep: 12
  • it is what it is
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2020, 12:39:01 AM »
I can't say I'm backing this argument nor am I super interested in giving her more views. I am not impressed with someone having a strong opinion without knowing what they're talking about. "I don't know anything about skateboarding, but I've heard things."  ::)

She is basically the alternative and edgy version the uptight teacher in Donnie Darko. "Fear and love are the deepest of human emotions."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vivEzQUGHOQ

Skateboarding is certainly biased towards white straight dudes, however, to claim that skateboarding is a place for the same old traditional dominant white straight masculinity is bullshit.

There is no fucking question skateboarding is an alternative form of masculinity that overtly rebels against all sorts of traditional aspects of the way men are supposed to act. Comparing skateboarding to the idealized versions of how to be a dude (the football player, the frat boy, the businessman, etc.) is complete bullshit. To borrow from R.W. Connell, skateboarding is an alternative but complicit form of masculinity. It is very very different from that hegemonic masculinity or machismo ways of being. It reinforces some hegemonic structures in society, while also offering an alternative form of masculinity and, while the social world of skateboarding has significant problems, it is way more open to various (economic, racial, gender) minorities than other social worlds that promote traditional white masculinity identities.
this guy wins.

linus larabee

• Rep: 6
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2020, 01:31:24 AM »
Well put, Lurper.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2020, 02:29:21 AM »
Shawty bad

bugtown

• Rep: 47
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2020, 02:32:21 AM »
The argument she's attempting to make, past the patronising tone and twitter lexicon, is certainly valid. Pointing the argument in the direction of white supremacy is a strange deflection that just seems like an attempt to dismiss critique.

A lot of people here are loudly supporting women, people of colour, lgbt+ and other marginalised groups. A lot of people here are defending them when and where they can. I'd even say that is now a majority stance on this message board.

It's true that skateboarding has been and still is a white cis heterosexual male dominated sport. But if anything we can see that the tide is changing. I have never seen so many young women skating before. Media coverage is slowly embracing the change along with the established brands. If you looked at a Thrasher facebook post five years ago you'd find worse comments than you do today.

Countless brave survivors of abuse have shared deeply personal stories with the community this last year. Both here and on instagram I saw mostly support.

Blanketing the whole group is wrong. It's those last few troglodytes still complaining about feminism, or whatever mud the youtube algorithm filled their brains with, we should be focusing on.

So yeah, I'm going to go ahead and say this call out vid fucking sucks but don't let it sway your mind on who and what we should be standing up for.

peace

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2020, 02:58:36 AM »
I have a dog named Shelby. She is 10 years old and a miniature fox terrier

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2020, 03:14:01 AM »
https://streamable.com/j060no

The unraveling has begun ...

Haha this is so transparent. She's gotta fantasise about the idea that skaters beat up women to validate her views? And she says it's skaters that are angry and can't handle criticism?
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Useless Wooden Bench

• Rep: 159
    • Pappy avatar image
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2020, 03:25:20 AM »
I'm gonna need to see some pictorial evidence

dooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2020, 03:37:23 AM »
Imagine having to put up with her shit in real life. People definitely spit in her coffee.

Is she some sort of public figure? She looks like she could have been in the movie Gummo.
She was Gollum.

Shuh

• Rep: 5
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2020, 04:02:43 AM »
Hmm I know what kink she's into

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2020, 04:29:09 AM »
cool tit shirt, but her problem is with men, and it's the type of men she is attracted to that are treating her badly and she keeps going back to the same type of men.
Rather than hold herself accountable and have some self refection, she puts on a tit shirt and complains about skateboarders and their toxic masculinity.
She probably has nice guys who respect her in her dms or looking to be with her, but somehow she keeps dating the  skateboarder with no job and a domestic abuse record.

EvaporatedMilk

• Rep: -15
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2020, 04:37:27 AM »
anyone that uses the term 'CIS gendered' is AIDS

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2020, 05:20:00 AM »
She should wash her hair before making an ass of herself.

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

• Rep: -64
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2020, 05:39:14 AM »
https://streamable.com/j060no

The unraveling has begun ...

“Or the partner you won’t claim in public...” yea she got played and she’s pissed 😂

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2020, 05:43:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I'm gonna need to see some pictorial evidence

Posing for Playdog mag

pistachio

• Rep: -4
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2020, 05:43:55 AM »
Her recent story is particularly annoying where she’s genuinely pleased about upsetting skateboarders and assumes that their distaste for her argument ensues in “beating their wife.” I think the majority of skateboarders are probably between 15-25, that’s a decade where learning about the opposite sex usually takes priority for everyone and some failures might occur along the way—not saying it’s acceptable but proper human interaction isn’t immediately built into people, surely not when interacting with the opposite sex. I’m not saying skateboarders aren’t completely capable of being a prick to women, but guess what, so is literally every other group of men if you lump them in with everyone else. Footballs players? Surely. Lawyers? Yep, I’m sure they have some bad apples. College kids? Absolutely. Grocery workers? Oh I’m sure. It goes on. The problem isn’t solely skateboarders, and to paint an entire group into a corner, especially a group that probably deals with more general public harassment than a lot of others, is just whack and reeks of an ulterior motive or this girl, as said, is particularly upset with the way one or two skateboarders acted and will blanket the whole community for her little two minutes of screen time and her chance at standing on the stage for her soap box.

And also, as said, this girl and her friends might just be attracted to skateboarders, which will obviously skew the perspective out of their favor when that’s the men who they frequently pursue. If golfers were hot shit, I’m sure she’d be complaining about them. People can be shitty, skateboarders aren’t the only ones who act that way.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2020, 05:46:13 AM »
Expand Quote
What the fuck is that shirt lmao

[close]

Best part of this is that you have her doing her stupid air quotes. LMAO

Eggie Vedder

• Rep: 32
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2020, 05:57:32 AM »
I think what is most upsetting about this is after skating for so long I define myself as a skateboarder. I play music, make art, rock climb but skateboarding is my defining feature. I connect with it more than anything else. So to be generalized that I must treat women poorly or hate someone from the LGBTQ community is a bummer. I try to treat others with respect and often get passed on by girls for being too nice which is fine because I don’t want to be a dick to get girls. I could generalize that rich white girls that have parents paying for their nice NYC apartment who try to be hip by dating a skater are shitty people to see how it makes her feel.

Pack it in guys. We are a bunch of jock assholes and nothing you can say or do will change it because that’s her well informed opinion.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2020, 05:58:23 AM »
I wonder if she wears that shirt in public or if it's only for when she's "on the air".

Horrible shirt(s).

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2020, 06:01:01 AM »
after a quick scroll through her IG, she is mentally ill.
Desperate for attention, desperate for content.