Author Topic: Chick complains about skaters on IG  (Read 21627 times)

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
Re: Chick complains about skaters on IG
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2020, 06:01:36 AM »
I think what is most upsetting about this is after skating for so long I define myself as a skateboarder. I play music, make art, rock climb but skateboarding is my defining feature. I connect with it more than anything else. So to be generalized that I must treat women poorly or hate someone from the LGBTQ community is a bummer. I try to treat others with respect and often get passed on by girls for being too nice which is fine because I don’t want to be a dick to get girls. I could generalize that rich white girls that have parents paying for their nice NYC apartment who try to be hip by dating a skater are shitty people to see how it makes her feel.

Pack it in guys. We are a bunch of jock assholes and nothing you can say or do will change it because that’s her well informed opinion.

#shelbysellslovematters

Kombuch-A-Holic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2020, 06:34:36 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CFfaZ92B2SS/

Biiiiitch, Shut the fuck up. lol  Stop labeling stuff!  You can't be outspoken about shit you don't know. Yes open up your biscuit brains and don't date a insecure girl/ woman like this. :::Watches newest video::: So now its not about skateboarding its about white supremacy? Girl who hurt you? Your father? Go clean your dirty ass car out. 

Deputy Wendell

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2020, 06:44:29 AM »
I’m not saying it’s a bad idea to completely go off top for a video, but perhaps have note cards slightly off camera so you don’t continually drift into other lanes of thought when dismantling the patriarchal white supremacist woman beating skate community
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2020, 06:49:36 AM »
i stopped listening as soon as she said "i don't know a thing or two about skating- i don't really know anything about skating besides the fact that i've been essentially conditioned to think that all skaters are hot, right?"

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

GlenSuggittsflexfit

« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2020, 06:56:45 AM »
Is she some sort of public figure? She looks like she could have been in the movie Gummo.
Boom roasted.

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2020, 06:57:13 AM »
"Skaters are hot", Thanks for the compliment!

On another note, she definetly did the at home, bowl on head haircut.

itsyourdad

• Rep: 56
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2020, 07:02:13 AM »
all of the seemingly good points she makes go up ass backwards when you watch her stories and she says “it’s not really about skateboarders, it’s about white supremacy as a whole”. i think she made a few good points, although i would consider them outdated to say the least. skateboarding definitely has an issue when it comes to people riding skateboards who aren’t white men. just look at the pony show these companies are doing for queer skateboarders right now (going to put it out there that i am bisexual and agender before anyone gets pissed at me for questioning the authenticity of multimillion dollar companies showcasing queer folx as some act of solidarity)

most of the toxic shit still remaining in skateboarding exists at the top but rarely trickles down. little kids still call each other faggots, and the older dudes aren’t great boyfriends but that’s not exclusive to skateboarding and i’ll go out on a limb here and say that skateboarders stop saying faggot earlier than the kids that play football.

skateboarders are bad boyfriends is apart of the cultural lexicon, but it’s literally never been “skateboarders are abusive” (although of course there are some abusers out there) it’s “skateboarders are so busy skateboarding that they don’t know how to have a girlfriend” and “why doesn’t this skateboarder i’m dating own a bed”
this lady is taking a fucking MEME and turning it into a vendetta against a childs play toy.

/white women

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Rep: -122
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2020, 07:09:09 AM »
anyone that uses the term 'CIS gendered' is AIDS.......

Word, woke people are the worst of the worst. Duh patriarchy derp derp.......great tits tho
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 03:28:27 PM by DA BIG BODY BENZ »

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2020, 07:09:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What the fuck is that shirt lmao

[close]

Best part of this is that you have her doing her stupid air quotes. LMAO
[close]

On RDS confirmed.
Possibly of Daryl Angel? That would explain a lot.

GlenSuggittsflexfit

« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2020, 07:18:14 AM »
Was anyone else surprised that there was no onlyfans link in her bio? Can't believe I didn't notice she was throwing up double dragons.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2020, 07:21:44 AM »
all of the seemingly good points she makes go up ass backwards when you watch her stories and she says “it’s not really about skateboarders, it’s about white supremacy as a whole”. i think she made a few good points, although i would consider them outdated to say the least. skateboarding definitely has an issue when it comes to people riding skateboards who aren’t white men. just look at the pony show these companies are doing for queer skateboarders right now (going to put it out there that i am bisexual and agender before anyone gets pissed at me for questioning the authenticity of multimillion dollar companies showcasing queer folx as some act of solidarity)

most of the toxic shit still remaining in skateboarding exists at the top but rarely trickles down. little kids still call each other faggots, and the older dudes aren’t great boyfriends but that’s not exclusive to skateboarding and i’ll go out on a limb here and say that skateboarders stop saying faggot earlier than the kids that play football.

skateboarders are bad boyfriends is apart of the cultural lexicon, but it’s literally never been “skateboarders are abusive” (although of course there are some abusers out there) it’s “skateboarders are so busy skateboarding that they don’t know how to have a girlfriend” and “why doesn’t this skateboarder i’m dating own a bed”
this lady is taking a fucking MEME and turning it into a vendetta against a childs play toy.

/white women
you get it.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2020, 07:22:59 AM »
I’m not saying it’s a bad idea to completely go off top for a video, but perhaps have note cards slightly off camera so you don’t continually drift into other lanes of thought when dismantling the patriarchal white supremacist woman beating skate community

lol yeah. Like most of the general themes are things that a reasonable person would agree with, but these speeches have strong "the teacher called me up front to present about something I didn't read" vibes.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2020, 07:37:40 AM »

/white women

Mongoloid

« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2020, 07:39:41 AM »
She has eyes that scream out “I’m batshit crazy”.

Did her rant confirm my judgements?

HeapsCool

• Rep: -172
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2020, 07:42:24 AM »
And the outraged where outraged by the outraged.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2150
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2020, 07:54:16 AM »
Anybody know if Ryan Lay is single AND have his digits? THERE's a genuinely nice fella that might change her perspective about skaters, and they could help dismantle the white, male, cis, patriarchy together while they make little, progressive, cute heads.
Blessed union.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Mongoloid

« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2020, 08:00:45 AM »
Anybody know if Ryan Lay is single AND have his digits? THERE's a genuinely nice fella that might change her perspective about skaters, and they could help dismantle the white, male, cis, patriarchy together while they make little, progressive, cute heads.
Blessed union.

One hasn’t truly been laid, until experiencing the sweet supple touch of Ryan Lay.

It’s all in the name.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2020, 08:34:46 AM »
She has eyes that scream out “I’m batshit crazy”.

Did her rant confirm my judgements?

I don't want to judge people that I don't know, but I get the same (you know the) vibe about them eyes

fongool

• Rep: 94
« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2020, 08:44:41 AM »
she could have just DMed @olsonstuff directly sheesh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sMCQUg9dnU

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2020, 10:01:07 AM »
I can't say I'm backing this argument nor am I super interested in giving her more views. I am not impressed with someone having a strong opinion without knowing what they're talking about. "I don't know anything about skateboarding, but I've heard things."  ::)

She is basically the alternative and edgy version the uptight teacher in Donnie Darko. "Fear and love are the deepest of human emotions."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vivEzQUGHOQ

Skateboarding is certainly biased towards white straight dudes, however, to claim that skateboarding is a place for the same old traditional dominant white straight masculinity is bullshit.

There is no fucking question skateboarding is an alternative form of masculinity that overtly rebels against all sorts of traditional aspects of the way men are supposed to act. Comparing skateboarding to the idealized versions of how to be a dude (the football player, the frat boy, the businessman, etc.) is complete bullshit. To borrow from R.W. Connell, skateboarding is an alternative but complicit form of masculinity. It is very very different from that hegemonic masculinity or machismo ways of being. It reinforces some hegemonic structures in society, while also offering an alternative form of masculinity and, while the social world of skateboarding has significant problems, it is way more open to various (economic, racial, gender) minorities than other social worlds that promote traditional white masculinity identities.

is there a specific rw connell article this is on or an overall idea of their work? interested in reading more.
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2020, 10:03:05 AM »
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Fernandito

• Rep: -77
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2020, 10:04:36 AM »
Sk8er boy that dumped her:

https://youtu.be/DdL_e7CtNJA

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363

dumptruck12

• Rep: -102
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2020, 10:08:17 AM »
If you look at her story, she’s getting applauded by people who don’t even know what the sport is about, like maybe it’s just me, but last I heard, there was a hbo show about lgbtq skaters in NY, and female skater figures in video games and in the olympics. When did we all get labeled as wife beaters And racists. Also, idk how to post photos here but her last story was stated “the skate community has to change. We all know who those specific people/groups are.” Well there you go, call out those who have done wrong to you, but don’t single millions of kids/adults into some Terrible title. 

It makes me furious when I see women out there over use the title of feminist, and try to belittle men and everyone they have a issue with, but refuse to debate the discussion. They are as ignorant as they think everyone around them are.

Dirk_Diggler

« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2020, 10:53:06 AM »

I really wish someone would do a comprehensive study on narcissism and its relationship to social media.  There is a very vocal subset with a savior/martyr complex that thrive off of this shit and its getting increasingly disturbing.

Man, I’ve been saying this ever since everyone and their mothers started hopping on Facebook and IG a decade ago.  It really is a psychological problem and it does nothing but fuels a narcissist’s craving for attention and self importance.

Useless Wooden Bench

• Rep: 159
    • Pappy avatar image
« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2020, 11:05:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I have a dog named Shelby. She is 10 years old and a miniature fox terrier
[close]
I'm gonna need to see some pictorial evidence
[close]

Posing for Playdog mag

Thank you. She's lovely.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2020, 11:16:51 AM »
Expand Quote

I really wish someone would do a comprehensive study on narcissism and its relationship to social media.  There is a very vocal subset with a savior/martyr complex that thrive off of this shit and its getting increasingly disturbing.
[close]

Man, I’ve been saying this ever since everyone and their mothers started hopping on Facebook and IG a decade ago.  It really is a psychological problem and it does nothing but fuels a narcissist’s craving for attention and self importance.

Honestly I think it’s gotten out of hand to the point that there’s no coming back from it.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2020, 11:19:30 AM »

is there a specific rw connell article this is on or an overall idea of their work? interested in reading more.

Connell, never investigates skateboarding specifically (as far as I know), but ends up being a huge force in creating a foundation for studying masculinity. I'd just spark notes my way through one of Connell's key works.

Becky Beal did a great article in 95 on skateboarding masculinity; Neftalie Williams just finished up his dissertation that looks at race in skateboarding (I imagine we'll see a lot of his work coming out in the next two to three years); Emily Yochim-Chivers did a great book on skateboarding, which discusses masculinity; and the Pushing Boarders stuff has its presentations on the topic as well.

Finally, could you imagine Chris Milic walking on to a football field? Or, him walking into the WWF ring with his chocolate milk and his stuffed animals?  We are far far far from perfect, but it irks me to no end to get lumped in with typical frat boy jock dickheads.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

fongool

• Rep: 94
« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2020, 11:40:15 AM »
OPEN LETTER TO THE SKATER-DATER AND/OR BORDERLINE/NARCISSISTIC PERSONALITY DISORDER COMORBIDITY COMMUNITY:

STOP USING PATRONIZING DEHUMANIZING BIGOTED LANGUAGE AGAINST AN UNPROTECTED IDENTITY CLASS JUST BECAUSE THE GUY YOU'RE DATING DID SOMETHING YOU DIDN'T LIKE