Author Topic: Chick complains about skaters on IG  (Read 21646 times)

Frank and Fred

Re: Chick complains about skaters on IG
« Reply #180 on: October 18, 2020, 09:33:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Her issue seems to be with toxic masculinity. That's legit and yes, needs examining. Of course it is present in skateboarding but what is the 'skateboard community' she keeps referring to over and over again?

Maybe she should ask the increasing number of kids, women, LGBTQ+ identified and other minority skaters who are finding increasing voice and solace in skateboarding. And yeah, we can be elitist and exclusionary but grab a board, don't kook it, dedicate yourself to it, and you are likely to be very welcome to hang no matter your identity, in this day and age.
[close]
It's easy to confuse toxic masculinity and not being a pussy when you're a pussy.

Case in point.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #181 on: October 18, 2020, 09:57:39 AM »
This type of chick is the new Karen...you just gotta be a part of it....

Wish she would just be a man about it, find a conspiracy theory or something.....

i agree, but nothing new about her really--there is a dormant Amy Cooper in every one of these kind of privileged, hypocritical, white gentrifiers

Colin Robinson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 50
  • energy vampire
« Reply #182 on: October 18, 2020, 10:38:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Quoted directly from a recent video (this was the whole video):

"So I'm getting a lot of feedback that my video was too general to be fair to the skate community.
And, it was supposed to be general. Because what I'm truly calling out is white supremacy, and white supremacist patriarchal culture, especially under the puritanical veil. And that lives in all of us, and that's what we're conditioned to, so I think it's important to focus on that, and bigger picture ideas..... going forward"

WTF is she trying to say here? I have no problem with people calling out the skate community, even generally, but so far I'm leaning towards this being the ramblings of a deranged lunatic, I'm just not seeing how what she's saying relates to skaters or even her original point.
[close]

In my opinion, she's peppering in buzz words (white supremacy, patriarchal, puritanical veil) because that's all she's absorbed over what we've all heard over the last few months. I'd imagine she has little to no attention span... Titties for Breonna Taylor. What the fuck?
She's basically spewing leftie word salad - and this critique is coming from a leftist. You have to know what you're arguing for or against, and not just parrot what other accounts backed by people who at least did their homework on the issue say.
[close]

Titties for Breanna Taylor seems SUPER offensive to me, basically co-opting an immense tragedy and human rights issue and directing it to yourself in a completely unrelated way for personal attention

This, it’s basically turning a tragedy into the “dicks for Harambe” meme bullshit, completely inappropriate.

dooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #183 on: October 18, 2020, 10:41:19 AM »
People like her shouldn't be allowed to have phones. Pagers are okay, prostitutes need them.

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #184 on: October 18, 2020, 12:08:59 PM »
LOL Offkilter, I'm gonna title my new book "Under The Puritanical Veil" and when you open it the pages just fart in your face. At least that, unlike this kook, will offer some entertainment for the bogus price of time wasted!

Wow I'm quite late on all the goofiness a few pages back - I love you, shalomies.

That Bill Burr clip rules, "sit the fuck down next to me and take your talking to" - hahahaha ;D

Cellular

• Rep: 16
« Reply #185 on: October 18, 2020, 06:01:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Quoted directly from a recent video (this was the whole video):

"So I'm getting a lot of feedback that my video was too general to be fair to the skate community.
And, it was supposed to be general. Because what I'm truly calling out is white supremacy, and white supremacist patriarchal culture, especially under the puritanical veil. And that lives in all of us, and that's what we're conditioned to, so I think it's important to focus on that, and bigger picture ideas..... going forward"

WTF is she trying to say here? I have no problem with people calling out the skate community, even generally, but so far I'm leaning towards this being the ramblings of a deranged lunatic, I'm just not seeing how what she's saying relates to skaters or even her original point.
[close]

In my opinion, she's peppering in buzz words (white supremacy, patriarchal, puritanical veil) because that's all she's absorbed over what we've all heard over the last few months. I'd imagine she has little to no attention span... Titties for Breonna Taylor. What the fuck?
She's basically spewing leftie word salad - and this critique is coming from a leftist. You have to know what you're arguing for or against, and not just parrot what other accounts backed by people who at least did their homework on the issue say.
[close]

Titties for Breanna Taylor seems SUPER offensive to me, basically co-opting an immense tragedy and human rights issue and directing it to yourself in a completely unrelated way for personal attention
[close]

This, it’s basically turning a tragedy into the “dicks for Harambe” meme bullshit, completely inappropriate.

Titties for Breonna Taylor is on par with everything this chick ever did.  Nothing to benefit a cause (i.e police brutality/toxic masculinity) and instead air it out on social media thats shes so woke whilst doing absolutely nothing but making a mockery of real issues.

I mean he is kinda doing dog drugs so I fuck with it

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #186 on: October 19, 2020, 05:16:33 AM »
Where is the tits out for Breonna Taylor post? I'm not sifting through that wealth of shit on her profile
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #187 on: October 19, 2020, 05:38:23 AM »
Is she some sort of public figure? She looks like she could have been in the movie Gummo.

Lmao, word
listen to cosmic psychos

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #188 on: October 19, 2020, 05:38:30 AM »
Where is the tits out for Breonna Taylor post? I'm not sifting through that wealth of shit on her profile
it’s posted twice on page 6

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

Jerrys Kid

• Rep: 56
« Reply #189 on: October 19, 2020, 06:38:28 AM »
From the reaction this video is getting, it does kind of tell me that the broader skateboarding world is ready to have a conversation about the culture it creates and what that means for the cultures around it.

The sad thing is that she's not wrong that there's a long history of misogyny and bigotry that was the norm in skateboarding. However, since she's the least qualified person in the world to talk about this subject intelligently, she is going to be seen as a proof point for people to think that this subject is stupid.

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #190 on: October 19, 2020, 07:05:33 AM »
I'm a skateboarder but I am far from the All American White Guy®. Would she still find me "hot" in airquotes? Or would it be a conditioned "attraction" in an attempt to be "antiracist" or by the very least, against the grain?

I assume that she would still have a preferential bias towards whoever "hurt" her. Not that I am seeking her approval nor is it that I would be automatically deserving of it. However, I really dislike being put in the same category of her oppressor or whatever.

On the social totem pole in the United States, or more specifically, the North-East where I'm from, I would totally disagree I would be anywhere near the same team as what she is claiming she is opposing. When somebody like her is punching-up at me, I argue that it's actually punching-down.

I've lost my marbles talking on race, gender, and class, and in 2020 I find that people are saying what I've claimed and it's frustrating, especially after being dismissed before. I unfortunately am judging her, but my problem isn't with her. I am trying to be fair when it's not necessary. I'm not sure if I have a problem to present, but I guess I have a question.

I've seen the term "white feminism" in this thread a few times, and I'm wondering about the proper usage of the term. I want to use it in the same ways and it has, kind of mocking/equating it to a Millennial Karen, to address the conflict I've come across. However, when I read up on White Feminism or toxic femininity, it's referring completely to the actions and exclusions against other women of different backgrounds or not being supportive of other women. Is not calling eachother out an act of white-feminism? It sounds so dirty.

IHateJulio and Armin, maybe y'all nailed it with people needing spotlights because non-fugly middle class white women sometimes have a sense of entitlement to be heard/seen/complimented/agreed with.

TL:DR - I'm just wondering what I've come across and how to use the term "white-feminism" properly. If I'm wrong, teach me something.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #191 on: October 19, 2020, 07:32:30 AM »
I'm a skateboarder but I am far from the All American White Guy®. Would she still find me "hot" in airquotes? Or would it be a conditioned "attraction" in an attempt to be "antiracist" or by the very least, against the grain?

I assume that she would still have a preferential bias towards whoever "hurt" her. Not that I am seeking her approval nor is it that I would be automatically deserving of it. However, I really dislike being put in the same category of her oppressor or whatever.

On the social totem pole in the United States, or more specifically, the North-East where I'm from, I would totally disagree I would be anywhere near the same team as what she is claiming she is opposing. When somebody like her is punching-up at me, I argue that it's actually punching-down.

I've lost my marbles talking on race, gender, and class, and in 2020 I find that people are saying what I've claimed and it's frustrating, especially after being dismissed before. I unfortunately am judging her, but my problem isn't with her. I am trying to be fair when it's not necessary. I'm not sure if I have a problem to present, but I guess I have a question.

I've seen the term "white feminism" in this thread a few times, and I'm wondering about the proper usage of the term. I want to use it in the same ways and it has, kind of mocking/equating it to a Millennial Karen, to address the conflict I've come across. However, when I read up on White Feminism or toxic femininity, it's referring completely to the actions and exclusions against other women of different backgrounds or not being supportive of other women. Is not calling eachother out an act of white-feminism? It sounds so dirty.

IHateJulio and Armin, maybe y'all nailed it with people needing spotlights because non-fugly middle class white women sometimes have a sense of entitlement to be heard/seen/complimented/agreed with.

TL:DR - I'm just wondering what I've come across and how to use the term "white-feminism" properly. If I'm wrong, teach me something.

My town is full of this. Going to Target is XhardcoreX because of this

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -454
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #192 on: October 19, 2020, 07:45:00 AM »
It’s always women who look like this saying shit like this

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #193 on: October 19, 2020, 08:51:01 AM »
I've seen the term "white feminism" in this thread a few times, and I'm wondering about the proper usage of the term.

What's up Allez!

I'm not an expert, more so an average bitter bitch (lol). So I don't want to say I have the answer - but I'll offer what I can!

It consists of white women who speak out of turn and at the expense of other people in saying "THINGS AREN'T RIGHT" - when in reality, white women have been the crux of things being wrong for centuries. They are the brain behind American racism.

The derangement of white feminism is the belief that things are different now; white feminists think it's their time to speak. But it's not and it never will be.

It's no coincidence when white feminists speak they speak over people and misuse important terminology. It's just not their battle to fight.

There's constructive ways to be anti-racist. There's a lot of wealth and resources to redistribute. But that requires white feminists to relinquish their power.

White feminists center themselves because they crave white power, in a covert but not clever way.

Add all of that into the psychological gumbo of attention-addicts & social media... wham-o.

So this particular person is no exception to the rule. She is centering racism around herself and despite her grand illusions, one day she will see that her outward appearance is no more than that of - as Midwesterners says - An Ass. 

muntcuscle

• Rep: 44
« Reply #194 on: October 19, 2020, 01:22:29 PM »
Expand Quote
I've seen the term "white feminism" in this thread a few times, and I'm wondering about the proper usage of the term.
[close]

What's up Allez!

I'm not an expert, more so an average bitter bitch (lol). So I don't want to say I have the answer - but I'll offer what I can!

It consists of white women who speak out of turn and at the expense of other people in saying "THINGS AREN'T RIGHT" - when in reality, white women have been the crux of things being wrong for centuries. They are the brain behind American racism.

The derangement of white feminism is the belief that things are different now; white feminists think it's their time to speak. But it's not and it never will be.

It's no coincidence when white feminists speak they speak over people and misuse important terminology. It's just not their battle to fight.

There's constructive ways to be anti-racist. There's a lot of wealth and resources to redistribute. But that requires white feminists to relinquish their power.

White feminists center themselves because they crave white power, in a covert but not clever way.

Add all of that into the psychological gumbo of attention-addicts & social media... wham-o.

So this particular person is no exception to the rule. She is centering racism around herself and despite her grand illusions, one day she will see that her outward appearance is no more than that of - as Midwesterners says - An Ass.

I don't get this part at all... all women were/are oppressed. Feminism is, by definition, about gender issues ("the advocacy of women's rights on the basis of the equality of the sexes."). Not race. Shouldn't trivialize someone's issues because yours are "more important" or "worse".

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #195 on: October 19, 2020, 01:54:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

What's up Allez!

[close]

I don't get this part at all... all women were/are oppressed. Feminism is, by definition, about gender issues ("the advocacy of women's rights on the basis of the equality of the sexes."). Not race. Shouldn't trivialize someone's issues because yours are "more important" or "worse".
It's about both, actually. The idea is that these social categorizations and issues all overlap and many will apply to a given person, rather than existing in a vacuum. It's called "intersectionality" and I'm hardly an expert on the subject, so I don't feel comfortable giving a lecture on it, but the reason it comes up in regards to feminism or "white feminism" is because a straight white women, while absolutely dealing with very real issues because of their gender, still don't have it as bad as a black woman or POC. Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong or if there's anything to add.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersectionality
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #196 on: October 19, 2020, 04:21:53 PM »
I heard she’s just drumming up interest to announce she’s the new Cariuma rep.  Hit me up if you need to prebook!

Missled Yutes

« Reply #197 on: October 19, 2020, 04:38:51 PM »
if 'moderately attractive women who pivoted from validating themselves by using their body to solicit the male gaze, to validating themselves by using their body to solicit the male gaze - WHILE trivializing serious issues and serious cultural commentators alike by paying hollow lip service to them by clumsily misappropriating their talking points in a rote, unthinking fashion that sets women and other disenfranchised groups back rather than lifting them forward' were a stock, i would have invested HEAVILY in 2017.

not that that has any relevance here.

You nailed it on this one.

drewdown

• Rep: -30
« Reply #198 on: October 19, 2020, 05:46:48 PM »
Does she have an onlyfans? If not only a matter of time I guess.

winnasoda

• Rep: -31
« Reply #199 on: October 19, 2020, 07:54:47 PM »
shes a whore with an onlyfans who doesn't know shit about shit and blames her boyfriend for everything like she did nothing wrong in a relationship. sounds salty to me.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1558
« Reply #200 on: October 19, 2020, 08:08:40 PM »
shes a whore with an onlyfans who doesn't know shit about shit and blames her boyfriend for everything like she did nothing wrong in a relationship. sounds salty to me.

FOH. There was a point you missed by miles. Hop back on Xbox live.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

winnasoda

• Rep: -31
« Reply #201 on: October 19, 2020, 08:28:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

and what point is that lil bud

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #202 on: October 19, 2020, 08:39:10 PM »
Holy shit that was definitely painful on my brain to watch, skate community is a joke at best. She’s just salty at worst and her other causes are terrible too, if anything else she should be canceled.
Dueces Bitch's

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
« Reply #203 on: October 19, 2020, 10:43:38 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGWE6XJBHXC/?igshid=pvj3jiqu8dsr

when you #pwn the skaters to.... defeat white supremacy
Patriarchy my ass women control everything including their men

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #204 on: October 19, 2020, 11:46:28 PM »
she seems like she needs a hug from someone who's gonna stick around for a bit after the sesh.  maybe even sleep over?

i think i've always known that kickflips were racist.  i'm part of the problem.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #205 on: October 19, 2020, 11:50:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Let me make an assumption, you think they actually control everything (even they don’t have much direct political or financial power, they control the men that do?) 

Do you also often feel that you don’t understand how they think?

Is that close to accurate?
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
« Reply #206 on: October 20, 2020, 01:23:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Let me make an assumption, you think they actually control everything (even they don’t have much direct political or financial power, they control the men that do?) 

Do you also often feel that you don’t understand how they think?

Is that close to accurate?
no

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #207 on: October 20, 2020, 07:53:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

and what point is that lil bud

There's an 8 page thread on it right here. Read through it and ignore the comments that resemble your comments in any way, there's some valuable insight to be learned
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #208 on: October 20, 2020, 08:03:52 AM »
Look I do respect women for a lot of reasons and have said a lot of inappropriate joke's but fellas let's just be real some people you downright hate sleeping with for whatever reason you seem fit and yes they're partners out there with shite personalities.

Some women are especially loathsome and the dude's who contribute to her negativity might be a problem but this bitch here has the personality of wet cardboard boring bland and one-sided, no wonder dude's don't see any value in you apart from a fuck vessel.

On the opposite side of the coin a lot of dude's are just as boring and lack of personality as well, in conclusion it seems like this lady has some serious mental illnesses that no amount of deep fucking can help.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 08:15:59 AM by El Fapinator »
Dueces Bitch's

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #209 on: October 20, 2020, 08:42:46 AM »
I have no problem with people calling out patriarchy and white supremacy in a culture like ours. In fact, I’d like to see more of it.

But you kind of have to be able to explain yourself well. Not doing so invites more misunderstanding, you have to put in a bit of effort in presenting your ideas in a clear, logical manner.

Or you could just video yourself high in the bath, the rhetorical version of ‘huck and pray’.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea