Author Topic: NOAH  (Read 5934 times)

Scott Chegg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -5
NOAH
« on: October 15, 2020, 12:23:16 AM »
I don’t really know much about this brand but it appears to me that it’s a fake skate brand and more of a fashion/hypebeast brand.
The video was sick but not even Kyota and Bobby dekeyzer can get me to spend £60 on a regular T-shirt with a dumb name on it. What do u guys think? Has anyone actually seen someone skating in Noah gear?

fakie butt drop

• Rep: 12
  • it is what it is
Re: NOAH
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 12:42:41 AM »
oh goodie, another brand with a variation of the iron cross for a logo.

fs180

• Rep: -267
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2020, 12:46:47 AM »
I don’t really know much about this brand but it appears to me that it’s a fake skate brand and more of a fashion/hypebeast brand.
The video was sick but not even Kyota and Bobby dekeyzer can get me to spend £60 on a regular T-shirt with a dumb name on it. What do u guys think? Has anyone actually seen someone skating in Noah gear?

its made by supremes former creative director.
listen when it comes to clothing fuck skateboarders. trust people that know fabrics not some highschool dropouts investing money in printing tshirt in china with their name on it.
it amazes me that people think spending 60 dollars on a nice shirt youll have for years is the most outrageous thing to do when at the same time grown ass men play 60 dollar videogames or buy beer and alocohl for the amount of that many regulary. this isnt a 600 $ dollar tshirt, its a 60$ decent quality shirt.
read an article in the last days where they tested gucci lv and other fashion brand shirts and talked about whos quality was the best and the most decent one was by Noah. even though it costs like 5 dollar in prdouction i dont care.
take my money.

REGS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2020, 12:55:01 AM »
I don't have any problem with it. It's been around for a minute.

The owner worked high up at Supreme for 15+ years. He still skates and even had a couple of clips in the video.

They make almost everything in the US and the shit is expensive to produce and then sold at prices people like myself, and most skaters, absolutely scoff at. But it's their thing and it works for them, and people like buying things they know were ethically produced onshore.

I like how they support younger guys in the industry and let Greenberg & Mark take all creative control of the videos and media output and the whole skate side of things. They pay everyone on the team really well from what I've heard, along with covering everyone's trips to NY to film for the video.

I'll probably never be in the financial position to buy their clothes but I'm backing the way they're going about entering the skate market/scene. Having a superteam obviously helps. Their approach is infinitely better than throwing one cool guy in your clothes and buying a double-spread ad in Thrasher.

fs180

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2020, 12:59:38 AM »
I don't have any problem with it. It's been around for a minute.

The owner worked high up at Supreme for 15+ years. He still skates and even had a couple of clips in the video.

They make almost everything in the US and the shit is expensive to produce and then sold at prices people like myself, and most skaters, absolutely scoff at. But it's their thing and it works for them, and people like buying things they know were morally produced onshore.

I like how they support younger guys in the industry and let Greenberg & Mark take all creative control of the videos and media output and the whole skate side of things. They pay everyone on the team really well from what I've heard, along with covering everyone's trips to NY to film for the video.

I'll probably never be in the financial position to buy their clothes but I'm backing the way they're going about entering the skate market/scene.

never in the financial position? wtf are you guys talking about. im just earning the amount of money to make a living. sometimes i dont have money at all and a 60 dollar tshirt or 150 dollar sweatshirt cant be this hard to get if you really like to. just get your priorities set may be? i mean wear whatever you want and dont bother what people think and if youre broke there are way better alternatives but 60 dollars isnt that much money, even the crackhead on the streets will have that much by the end of the month

Scott Chegg

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2020, 01:00:56 AM »
Thx for educating me on this, I’m pretty stoked on Noah now. I’ll back it but I won’t buy it because I don’t wanna be associated with the ppl who I know that wear it

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2020, 01:53:13 AM »
Thx for educating me on this, I’m pretty stoked on Noah now. I’ll back it but I won’t buy it because I don’t wanna be associated with the ppl who I know that wear it
This. Tbh i thought it was for people who own yachts

fs180

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2020, 01:58:58 AM »
Yeah man who doesnt know the Story of Noah where the guy himself bought a Yacht and took some animals for a nice cruise. Anyway wasnt he a nazi? Otherwise why the cross. Strange.

Anyone of you bought the new fifa 21? I bought it for 70 Dollars yesterday and im 14 years old

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2020, 02:32:31 AM »
Never heard of it looks pretty dope. Imma keep skating my 4 dollar goodwill shirts though

PlugSkullcandy

• Rep: 87
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2020, 03:08:10 AM »

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_pattée

The cross thing is too complicated, it was actually used by pretty much everyone in Europe history, and has too many connotations. That’s why I would never use it as a logo.

Scott Chegg

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2020, 03:41:56 AM »
its a good logo. not every cross is nazi. fucking dumb asses

That cross doesn’t even look like an iron cross, can’t wait for a thread to be made on it

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2020, 04:01:33 AM »
Although I think their designs are hit or miss they are one of the only streetwear brands that focus on using quality fabrics, not using shitty factories, and making sure their employees top to bottom are paid a decent amount. 

When was the last time you seen anything remotely related to skateboarding this transparent:

https://noahny.com/blogs/news/breaking-down-the-cost-labor

Scott Chegg

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2020, 04:23:39 AM »
Fuck man I started this thread against Noah but the more I learn about it the more I like it. Who knows I might even buy some trousers
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 04:51:16 AM by Bigalo »

dooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2020, 04:42:05 AM »
Buy their French Bonnets. For filming.

Never heard of it looks pretty dope. Imma keep skating my 4 dollar goodwill shirts though
Same. If I want a generic plaid/collared shirt, they've plenty good ones without logos, for never more than 10 bucks. Supreme on the resume isn't appealing either.

The kid above trying to explain this as an investment of sorts makes me laugh. It's a fucking shirt I'm gonna fall in.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2020, 04:56:58 AM »

Expand Quote
[close]
Same. If I want a generic plaid/collared shirt, they've plenty good ones without logos, for never more than 10 bucks. Supreme on the resume isn't appealing either.

The kid above trying to explain this as an investment of sorts makes me laugh. It's a fucking shirt I'm gonna fall in.

Put some damn respeck on the Basque people and their hat

Scott Chegg

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2020, 04:58:59 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Put some damn respeck on the Basque people and their hat

Big up Javier Sarmiento

fs180

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2020, 05:07:32 AM »

Expand Quote
[close]

Im not a kid. I skate cheap shirts to. This is not an investement but a cool shirt. Stop hating and actually learn something about textile production. You dont know shit about that.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2020, 06:00:39 AM »
LoL Noah is a fake skate brand but Nike isn’t because they put sb on the end of their logo and gave 10 pros a million dollars

Scott Chegg

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2020, 07:02:33 AM »
LoL Noah is a fake skate brand but Nike isn’t because they put sb on the end of their logo and gave 10 pros a million dollars

Dude I did say I don’t know much about it and my opinion has changed after learning more about it

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2020, 07:12:53 AM »

HeapsCool

• Rep: -172
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2020, 07:35:31 AM »

I own a hoodie by them and its the best quality hoodie I own. Will last me years. I don't want to wear some shit made in a sweatshop in bangladesh. I want ethically produced, environmentally minded shit that I look good in. Yes its expensive, but it will last for years more than your h&m flannel will.

fs180

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2020, 08:54:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Im not a kid.
[close]

Expand Quote
and im 14 years old
[close]

you dont seem to be the brightest star. do you understand sarcasm. im not 14 years old. if a 10 year old kid can buy the newest fifa a grown ass man can buy a 50 dollar tshirt without having to get called a poser or wanna be rich kid

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2020, 09:03:41 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The cross thing is too complicated, it was actually used by pretty much everyone in Europe history, and has too many connotations. That’s why I would never use it as a logo.

Shit looks like a bar of soap for sale at J. Crew.
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2020, 09:09:23 AM »
Yeah man who doesnt know the Story of Noah where the guy himself bought a Yacht and took some animals for a nice cruise. Anyway wasnt he a nazi? Otherwise why the cross. Strange.

Anyone of you bought the new fifa 21? I bought it for 70 Dollars yesterday and im 14 years old

yeah that was that weird party cruise curated by that dude who's pretty full of himself. anyways I didnt go to the cruise but heard it didnt end that well..

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2020, 10:33:20 AM »
EE getting a shoe on lining
Clarke has a shoe on lv

Probably neither will make a skate team

Individual endorsements looks like the future of soft goods

Guy Marinara

• Rep: 12
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2020, 10:47:39 AM »
Noah has been around a while and has always been a little bit involved in skating. They've done frog gear i think a couple of times. I have a noah frog hat. their general aesthetic isnt really my bag but their runner hats are my favorite hat to skate in. super cool and breathable, doesnt get all gross when you sweat in it.

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 25
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2020, 12:18:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Shit looks like a bar of soap for sale at J Crew.
Well played, well played, sir.
Whoa. Danger.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2020, 12:18:51 PM »
Noahwouldntbuya60dollartshirt

Cellular

• Rep: 16
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2020, 12:31:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
This. Tbh i thought it was for people who own yachts

Yea that.  The only people I seen rockin Noah is hypebeast kid, and people who dress in skate clothes but never stepped on a board in their life.  Nothing against Noah, just havent seen any skaters wearing it and I sure cant afford it.

I mean he is kinda doing dog drugs so I fuck with it

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2020, 12:33:03 PM »
i'd rather buy a noah shirt knowing that the upcharge is because its made in the US and is made with better materials than buy a Supreme tee for the same price that's printed on a triple a tee or gildan tee that was made overseas