Author Topic: NOAH  (Read 5946 times)

Nicki

Re: NOAH
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2020, 12:35:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Thx for educating me on this, I’m pretty stoked on Noah now. I’ll back it but I won’t buy it because I don’t wanna be associated with the ppl who I know that wear it
[close]
This. Tbh i thought it was for people who own yachts
[close]

Yea that.  The only people I seen rockin Noah is hypebeast kid, and people who dress in skate clothes but never stepped on a board in their life.  Nothing against Noah, just havent seen any skaters wearing it and I sure cant afford it.

They just released a video, you should check it out, it’s really good.

Nicki

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2020, 12:53:17 PM »
i'd rather buy a noah shirt knowing that the upcharge is because its made in the US and is made with better materials than buy a Supreme tee for the same price that's printed on a triple a tee or gildan tee that was made overseas

Agree. I didn’t know much about Noah, but after reading up on their focus on quality fabrics, production and labour, it’s growing on me for sure. With Supreme’s Carlyle financing it’s not a hard choice where to put your money for quality street wear. Each to his own. The logo aint great, but I’d pick up a sweater or rugby on special. Supreme is just trying too hard it’s just a mess to me.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGIPKQJgH7s/?igshid=

Or

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGXlDClgx_m/?igshid=9ddtw89bok24

sus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2020, 01:01:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Thx for educating me on this, I’m pretty stoked on Noah now. I’ll back it but I won’t buy it because I don’t wanna be associated with the ppl who I know that wear it
[close]
[close]

Yea that.  The only people I seen rockin Noah is hypebeast kid, and people who dress in skate clothes but never stepped on a board in their life.  Nothing against Noah, just havent seen any skaters wearing it and I sure cant afford it.

The times i've seen people wearing Noah in the wild, usually their outfit is alot more mellow/modest than that of your average supreme/bape hypebeast guy. The dudes i've seen wearing Noah dress similarly to that of Bobby dekeyser or Casper brooker for example, whereas usually when i see someone wearing supreme, its usually very logo/branding heavy product paired with tight ripped jeans and some Yeezys as well as some heavily branded Bape product

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2020, 01:11:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Im not a kid.
[close]

Expand Quote
and im 14 years old
[close]

Best shit I've read all month. If you have less than 10 grand in your savings account you don't need to be buying $60 shirts. Actually, just don't buy $60 shirts ever. Hanes x-temp for life.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2156
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2020, 01:33:05 PM »
Why?
Why?!?
Why would fashion designers pull this crap?
Pleated mother fuckin’ trousers?
Again?!?
Please, child; I’ve lived through them shits twice already & still remember what a fuck up it was the prior time around, so don’t even try to bring me that tired ass noise.
Besides, if you’re fortunate enough to have a good one, why not support “your local” by buying one or two of THEIR shirts? Isn’t that the droning mantra repeating in SLAP’s collective mind of late anyways?
Having rambled on thusly, I am a proponent of buying quality gear & keeping it for as long as it lasts.
I have some Filson jackets that I will likely be able to wear for the rest of my life & then pass on to my kids, so I get it, when it comes to forking over a little $omething extra.
And as Sus pointed out,
i'd rather buy a noah shirt knowing that the upcharge is because its made in the US and is made with better materials than buy a Supreme tee for the same price that's printed on a triple a tee or gildan tee that was made overseas
But seriously, quality or no, dude isn’t going to get ¢ent one of me by running high waisted, pleated fronts & shits like them. Lost me with that.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

fs180

• Rep: -267
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2020, 01:47:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Im not a kid.
[close]

Expand Quote
and im 14 years old
[close]
[close]

Best shit I've read all month. If you have less than 10 grand in your savings account you don't need to be buying $60 shirts. Actually, just don't buy $60 shirts ever. Hanes x-temp for life.

You need 10 K in your saving to buy a 60 Dollar tshirt lmaooooooooo next time you buy your 5 Dollar skateboard deck check your Bank Account it might only be enough for a tech deck

I wear hanes too and im a decent human being too

Nicki

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2020, 02:16:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

The times i've seen people wearing Noah in the wild, usually their outfit is alot more mellow/modest than that of your average supreme/bape hypebeast guy. The dudes i've seen wearing Noah dress similarly to that of Bobby dekeyser or Casper brooker for example, whereas usually when i see someone wearing supreme, its usually very logo/branding heavy product paired with tight ripped jeans and some Yeezys as well as some heavily branded Bape product

Yep. “Look at me, look at me”. Kinda the definition of clothes wearing you (and not other way round).

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8y2trNnWGa/?igshid=2korh5mbwsw4

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGVHIDIHx-g/?igshid=17a5unpmkwjgk

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGK60WPJnHi/?igshid=1p4lvvov87h0b

Meekin

• Rep: 5
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2020, 02:22:34 PM »
Noah gives money to a lot of good causes and they are very supportive when it comes to environmental causes. Take a look around their blog/about me to learn more. Ive never bought anything from them but I support em.
There was an interview with TK, when he was a plumber. He got asked if he gets recognized on the job and his response was "No. Plumbin in disguise." Everyone on SLAP thought he said "put him in the sky"

Scott Chegg

• Rep: -5
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2020, 02:25:47 PM »

Yeah man I’m pretty much sold, the unbranded shit is nice. I’m fucking with the polo shirts

fs180

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2020, 02:28:03 PM »
ever bought yourself a board and broke it within a week or so? damn if i hadnt had my 10k savings back than i would have had a huge finanical loss of 60 dollars for a new deck

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2020, 02:39:09 PM »
ever bought yourself a board and broke it within a week or so? damn if i hadnt had my 10k savings back than i would have had a huge finanical loss of 60 dollars for a new deck

I think my statement may have went over your head a tad.  Paying $60 for a t-shirt is like paying $125 for a deck. A skateboard is a mode of transportation. That shirt is just gonna make it harder for you to pull a “hey mister” down at the lq. Someday when you’re older than 14 you’ll understand.

spungo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
  • Lord Ganesha
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2020, 02:42:19 PM »
I was hyped for a Noah Salasnek thread.  How disappointing
do more yoga!

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2020, 02:52:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yep. “Look at me, look at me”. Kinda the definition of clothes wearing you (and not other way round).

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGK60WPJnHi/?igshid=1p4lvvov87h0b
Not gonna lie, that Mondrian fleece that Gonz is wearing is actually pretty dope, but I don't touch anything supreme because of Carlyle group.
That dude at the end of that vid needs a new mask. Imagine if your dick fell out of your underwear every two seconds, you'd buy new underwear.

In terms of quality and cost, I pretty much live in the Carhartt k87 pocket tee. I have a bunch in different colours. There's two white ones that I've skated in for two years, taking many falls, skidded ten meters down a parking ramp on my back in one, grazed my shoulder and hip real good, and I can't even tell which tshirt it was. That's quality, and they're half the price of a branded skate tee printed on gildan or triple A, at least here in my country.

fs180

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2020, 03:02:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think my statement may have went over your head a tad.  Paying $60 for a t-shirt is like paying $125 for a deck. A skateboard is a mode of transportation. That shirt is just gonna make it harder for you to pull a “hey mister” down at the lq. Someday when you’re older than 14 you’ll understand.

You are trying to tell me i act 14 when i buy a expensive tshirt but you still consider a skateboard a mode of transportation lmao get a Bike you idiot. What are you going to do push to highschool to Impress the girl students?

dees52

• Rep: 4
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2020, 03:15:40 PM »
This podcast series about them from last year was interesting:

https://noahny.com/blogs/news/relentless

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2020, 03:35:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Im not a kid.
[close]

Expand Quote
and im 14 years old
[close]
[close]

you dont seem to be the brightest star. do you understand sarcasm. im not 14 years old. if a 10 year old kid can buy the newest fifa a grown ass man can buy a 50 dollar tshirt without having to get called a poser or wanna be rich kid

?
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

fs180

« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2020, 04:52:20 PM »
americans dont get sarcasm i see. im not 14, it actually would be cool to be that young again.
it fills myself with so much joy to buy and wear good clothing. wearing a nice fabric with a good cut is such a good feeling.
there are also plenty of those in second hand shops too. dont just buy expensive shit.
i actually look and feel what fabrics theyve used and how they spun it.
i dont own a car, i only ride the train or bike.
and i dont have lots of clothing. i have a few shirts and a few sweashirts.
whenever i really want one i get it when i get my paycheck, like everbody has their hobbys.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2020, 05:23:06 PM »
don’t like the name or logo so clothes are a no go for me but the video was good so I’m cool with it.

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2020, 09:15:43 PM »
I was hyped for a Noah Salasnek thread.  How disappointing
Noah Salasnek was an amazing skateboarder and snowboarder.  RIP

trashparty

« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2020, 09:49:41 PM »
the stuff on there website all looks pretty nice. i love minimally / non branded clothing, with a clean aesthetic. i would definitely wear if it were priced more appropriately.

imah just stick to Brixton / Carhartt shit

u wont catch me paying over 100$ for a flannel/sweater anytime soon.

seems like a cool brand tho. if they wanna keep skateboarders as there main consumers, i would recommend them dropping there prices. however it looks like there trying to appeal to a more "fashion focused"  group of people....which is cool too....

dooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2020, 08:27:59 AM »
Get that FIFA money, player. The beautiful game, bro.

fs180

« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2020, 08:53:03 AM »
that makes no sense bro.

carhartt fabrics porbably one of the best in that price area. supreme has some good things too,
but i wouldnt buy anything that doesnt keep you warm.

h&m got some very good heavy cotton shirts here in europe too.

i remember buying a 35 euro lrg shirt one time and after like two washes the back of the shirt was shorter than the front. looked totally ridiculous.

so i think the dumbest thing you can do is buying a skate shirt for like 30 dollars because most of the time its a gildan shirts, bad quality and cut printed with a logo. but i think thats dying out too, like i havent seen anyone wearing like a almost tshirt or a grizzly griptape tshirt in a while because we dont have shit like zumiez.
i think what are even far worse are companys like fourstar or matix, that ONLY are specilzied produce clothing, but are making bad quality stuff for medium high prices. like parents paying a little to much for their kids and getting too less.

i used to beg my mother for buying skate clothing that wouldnt last a year. so i kept buying low price non skate clothing for a better price and never returned to mid price skate clothing companys. i rather either wear 5 dollar tshirts and 300 dollar jackets or a 50 dollar tshirt and a 300 dollar jacket than a 30 dollar tshirt and a 150 dollar jacket that looks shitty in retrospect and will only last 1-2 winters

since im grown now i have split my wardrobe into 5 dollar tshirts and carhartt shirts for work and skating and higer priced clothing for when im going out or having a dinner.
id never buy anything for the price alone and wear it in the wrong context just to flex. thats dumb
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 09:00:33 AM by fs180 »

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2020, 09:19:42 AM »
Support Noah 100%. Haven't pulled the trigger on anything but definitely plan to in the future.  Source some of the best fabrics across the world, tons of US made goods, try their best to be sustainable and transparent about it, supporting skaters, dope collaborations with The Cure and Depeche mode.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 09:27:17 AM by matt_2993 »

dooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2020, 10:37:42 AM »
Imagine wearing that.

one-off

• Rep: 105
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2020, 10:51:42 AM »
ah, no

a nauseating mix of Land’s End, Everlane and Supreme

logo belongs in the Crusades

great team though
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 04:06:33 PM by one-off »

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2020, 05:23:40 PM »
ah, no

a nauseating mix of Land’s End, Everlane and Supreme

logo belongs in the Crusades

great team though
lands end for sure. couldnt put my finger on it before but thats definitely the vibe.
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -41
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2020, 05:55:02 PM »
i wish i knew what fs180 looked like

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2020, 12:14:24 AM »
Get your prioritys set may be
listen to cosmic psychos

hamm

• Rep: 0
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2020, 01:26:16 AM »
I'm a little late to the convo here but I remembered seeing these cost breakdowns that Noah put out a while back. inserted below

I used to work in menswear design for 2 major surf/skate/lifestyle brands in Australia that were producing their product in china/india/bangldesh for stupid cheap prices and not focusing on quality or the working conditions of the factories or their staff. I even visited a few in Guangzhou and most of them were not pretty.

Out of India you can get a t-shirt made and landed in Australia for around $4-6 and china around $5-7. Then they sell to department stores/skateshops etc for around $20-22 per piece. then the shop sells it to the customer at around AUD $49-$59. all that for rubbish quality that wears fast, warps, fades in the was etc.

That why when I look at a brand like Noah I can back it. they're doing things right. I'm not a fan of the nautical shit but the simple stuff is nice and you know its made well and all the people involved in making the garment from start to finish are getting a fair wage and working conditions.

one-off

• Rep: 105
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2020, 07:33:53 AM »
I'm a little late to the convo here but I remembered seeing these cost breakdowns that Noah put out a while back. inserted below

I used to work in menswear design for 2 major surf/skate/lifestyle brands in Australia that were producing their product in china/india/bangldesh for stupid cheap prices and not focusing on quality or the working conditions of the factories or their staff. I even visited a few in Guangzhou and most of them were not pretty.

Out of India you can get a t-shirt made and landed in Australia for around $4-6 and china around $5-7. Then they sell to department stores/skateshops etc for around $20-22 per piece. then the shop sells it to the customer at around AUD $49-$59. all that for rubbish quality that wears fast, warps, fades in the was etc.

That why when I look at a brand like Noah I can back it. they're doing things right. I'm not a fan of the nautical shit but the simple stuff is nice and you know its made well and all the people involved in making the garment from start to finish are getting a fair wage and working conditions.

That is good of them, but you have to factor in the negative externalities of promoting berets