Author Topic: The lower back  (Read 1824 times)

Davidon23

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Re: The lower back
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2024, 01:14:38 PM »
I think i dont have a lower back anymore hah. I fuc**d it up a long time ago in the gym,and skate ruined it completely

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 713
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2024, 11:27:52 PM »
The lower back 40

masterpiece cinema presents

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2024, 03:44:41 AM »
Yoga and foam roller homie.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

nollieboulala

• Rep: 1
  • fuckin wheel fell off
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2024, 09:00:22 AM »
If you’re generally flexible, it’s most likely you need to do strengthen. For me I’m flexible so I have to do core, glute and leg stability exercises like the McGill big 3, and avoid stretching for the most part. If you’re not a flexible person, you likely will need to work on general mobility and stretching. If your PT sucks I recommend trying a few, took many tries before finding one who good actually help. Best of luck dude, been working on mine all week as it’s flared up so I feel your pain.

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 236
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2024, 09:27:41 PM »
Ok, so I feel like i have enough knowledge/experience to speak more to this. My issue was that a facet joint near my pelvis wasn’t functioning correctly, hence the pinching sensation that wouldn’t go away.

My personal lesson has been that motion is the best remedy. What really made the difference has been various kinds of movement all day.

I worked with a physical therapist for 2+ months and he gave me a stretching/strengthening routine that i do once a day. A good mix of dynamic stretches (inchworms are the best exercise i’ve done- stretches/warms up the hamstrings very efficiently) and core exercises. I still do those, but I’ve since added lifting weights (squats, overhead presses) to my routine. I’ve also been biking as much as i can and that’s been extremely helpful. Basically just strengthening my full upper back, core, and legs.

I eased into all this, adding a little at a time. Also, it started off with the exercises causing more agitation. It was not a linear progression, some days were way more painful. Regardless, it was so important to just power through and do my exercises no matter what.

I started skating a couple weeks ago, starting on the cruiser board, then slappies/basic flatground. Each day gets a little easier. Still not hopping on a ledge but I think it’s time to just fucking do it.

It’s funny, i thought after not skating for 7 months i would be the one begging my physical therapist to say it’s cool to skate. But he was the one who told me that my confidence levels were low and if I wanted to skate again i needed to start slow and build up to it. He told me that if I can lift weights and ride a bike with a stable core i can sure as shit skate. Honestly, super grateful i found this physical therapist (Seattle area folks, pm me if you want this guys info.)

Sorry for the long post- but i did want to share my experience with a super persistent lower back injury.