Author Topic: Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit.  (Read 807 times)

theSketchLord

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit.
« on: October 16, 2020, 06:13:59 AM »
Anyone picked it up/played it yet?
Have the day off tomorrow and thinking about getting a copy.

The idea of chasing my dogs around the house with a camera mounted Mario Kart is worth the price of purchase alone.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1056
Re: Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 07:56:36 PM »
I can't justify that purchase, 100$ shelf candy. Somebody may hook me up for Christmas.

there's a Freeplay mode that looks good for chasing dogs.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1056
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 09:44:57 AM »
I'd watch this before buying. IGN still gave it 7/10 but here were the red flags for me:

-Your Switch and cart need to be in a 5m range, on good WiFi and unobstructed by walls
-Multiplayer is an expensive venture, in that you need a 2nd switch and pay another $100 for a cart
-Physical maintenance on the cart can be annoying

I have a pretty big living room with wooden floors but... I'm gonna wait for another game to take learnings from this. I am very excited for this new/niche genre of gaming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnT2yJlzeFk

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2020, 05:30:33 AM »
this is gonna be sick in a few years when it's better technically. i heard the switch has problems keeping up connection when it has no real line of sight to the cart. generally the idea is super sick, but the reviews i've seen were pretty "meh, it's alright, doesn't work super well tho"