Author Topic: Board sales in 2017  (Read 12351 times)

silhouette

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
Re: Board sales in 2017
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2017, 01:32:24 PM »
Never seen a Baker board in France.
Lots of Magenta, Polar, Quasi, ...

in france too and i see baker boards aplenty. definitely has a lot to do with which one of the main distributors your local shop is tied to, though... the way things are run here, it's nearly impossible to find a grey area, from one region to another everybody is guaranteed to be stocked up on either all the big name stuff from the OG cali companies (including plenty of unpopular stuff but also the striving, and in my opinion, cooler skater-owned shoe brands : lakai, sole tech etc...), or, to the contrary, indie board brands aplenty which is mostly cooler in itself but also usually goes hand in hand with nike / cons / adidas accounts etc... all of which doesn't leave much room for authenticity and individuality, i'll give you that

alex olsons back tail

• Rep: 4
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2020, 08:42:29 AM »

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2020, 09:37:24 AM »

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2020, 04:08:04 PM »
Board sales are fine, in fact shop boards often are better than pro. Dwindle is China, Element and Primitive are Mexico.

Thousands of trees get chopped down in Canada every day, might as well keep it local.

Are you aware the biggest two wood shops in skateboarding both manufacturer their boards in Mexico? They use Canadian maple but press them in Mexico because of the wage rate.

My local for example uses the same wood shop that Deluxe and half of skate brands use for their shop boards, which is out of Mexico...

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2020, 04:14:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Skateboarding is not popular at all right now.

http://www.goskate.com/declining-popularity-of-skateboarding/
[close]

just wait for 2020.
[close]
FREAKY
I would love to hear @TheDraught explanation for why he said this. Dudes a prophet apparently.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2156
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2020, 11:50:41 PM »
Expand Quote
I would love to hear @TheDraught explanation for why he said this. Dudes a prophet apparently.
Olympics, maybe?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?