Author Topic: Palestinian Skateboarder Breaks Down his Perspective in Skate Jawn  (Read 9371 times)

SpuytenDuvyilEphemera

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -172
Re: Palestinian Skateboarder Breaks Down his Perspective in Skate Jawn
« Reply #150 on: November 19, 2023, 08:05:02 AM »
Expand Quote
but folks should at least understand the argument and can't seriously be posting a Telegram video as a source. I mean, feel free to, but not sure why folks would give that weight.
[close]

everyone has a video camera these days, why is your immediate reaction upon seeing a video of an israeli soldier literally using someone as a human shield be to dismiss it? if you have a problem with the source then feel free to disprove it, otherwise you are defending nazis.

Expand Quote
There are so many legitimate journalists representing both the Israeli and arab/palestinian nationial narrative you can feel free to actually read the views of.
[close]

counterpoint: the state of journalism in the west is at an all time low and is basically a propaganda machine for the us and israeli governments. also, israel has purposely targeted and killed press members, so you wanting to fall back on journalistic credentials is laughable.

Expand Quote
In any event, not sure how Al Jazeera get to their number of Israeli's killed which is absurdly low, but in case folks want to understand what the Geneva convention says, this would be helpful for you to form your arguments as to why this doesn't apply here or is an inappropriate law. 

The validity of the Geneva convention and any of these concepts is of course subject to debate, but to argue on the basis of international law, this would give you the starting understanding to then look at the facts yourself as presented by any source.
[close]

another appeal to international law that has totally failed to prevent this ongoing genocide

take notes everyone, this is how you argue in bad faith

Not arguing-- trying to give folks a source to at least explain what the international law is - that is all.  Thought the explanation I posted was fair and frankly much more sympathetic to your position.  Did you read the article I posted? 

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #151 on: November 19, 2023, 06:00:54 PM »
I don’t know how else to say that if you try to downplay at murder of 7000 children and maiming of countless more, you are a moral monster.

If you do not condemn the Israeli government’s actions as strongly as you condemn Hamas’, you are a shill for war crimes.

If you were going on about 40 babies being beheaded (which was a a classic propagandistic lie) yet were silent on 39 infants dying in a hospital Israel denied access to water, electricity, and basic medicine to, you are probably a racist that only cares about a certain type of baby.

*EDIT*
31 of the babies were successfully moved out of their incubators and transferred to another hospital in the south, and will be taken to Egypt. 8 died before the transfer could take place.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2023, 12:24:01 AM by cucktard »
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

BobbyPshew

• Rep: -61
« Reply #152 on: November 20, 2023, 12:24:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
s/o to these crews keeping skateboarding alive while under a genocidal occupation, can't even imagine. Free Palestine
[close]

Much respect to the author and Palestinian skateboarding as a whole. But how often this fried take is repeated is just baffling to me.
[close]

What Israel is doing in Gaza meets any definition of genocide.

They've become what they hate - Nazis.
Ron Don's Playpen-Home Of The $2 Lap Dance

chronicbackpain

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #153 on: November 20, 2023, 03:08:14 AM »
At this point, it’s clear that Israel is purposely displacing and killing Palestinians to steal their land. By the time it’s safe for people to go back, there will probably be an expansion of Israeli settlements in Gaza and the West Bank. They told Palestinians to move to the south of Gaza and now they’re bombing refugee camps in the south. They can’t even back up any of their bullshit claims with facts. What’s the ratio of Hamas operatives killed to civilians killed?

Salad farmer

• Rep: 21
« Reply #154 on: November 20, 2023, 03:41:52 AM »
At this point, it’s clear that Israel is purposely displacing and killing Palestinians to steal their land. By the time it’s safe for people to go back, there will probably be an expansion of Israeli settlements in Gaza and the West Bank. They told Palestinians to move to the south of Gaza and now they’re bombing refugee camps in the south. They can’t even back up any of their bullshit claims with facts. What’s the ratio of Hamas operatives killed to civilians killed?

If you remove the Hamas member killed in the first two days it gets pretty dark. Not sure of the ratio but it is to where if you are killing this many civilians per militant killed and you really do eliminate all of Hamas you would end up killing well over half the civilian population of Gaza.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #155 on: November 20, 2023, 09:14:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ditto on this. It should be talked about, along with other political issues, within the framework of skateboarding. To paraphrase Foucault, the essence of life lies in the political functioning of society, and even skateboarding shouldn't be ignorant of that.

And yes, the Palestinian genocide needs to be stopped.
[close]

Fools here actually getting inspired by Foucault. This is your "team"?

'Foucault argued that children could give sexual consent. In 1977, along with Jean-Paul Sartre, Jacques Derrida, and other intellectuals, Foucault signed a petition to the French parliament calling for the decriminalization of all "consensual" sexual relations between adults and minors below the age of fifteen, the age of consent in France.'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michel_Foucault#Personal_life

Wasn't aware of that, thanks for mentioning it. Not sure what you mean by "team" but my intent was to reflect on how politics shouldn't be ignored in any realm, which I still believe.