Author Topic: New PJ Ladd footage from “Eggs”  (Read 10813 times)

iKobrakai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
Re: New PJ Ladd footage from “Eggs”
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 01:14:17 PM »
Perfect.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 03:37:13 PM »
Outstanding
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

FROST YOUR TIPS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
  • Alex Olson's Personal Stylist
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2020, 03:51:39 PM »
this dude's still so good and does NOT GIVE A FUCK about giving us another part.

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65249
  • Team -65K
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 04:58:46 PM »
this dude's still so good and does NOT GIVE A FUCK about giving us another part.

I remember when the teaser below came out 7 years ago I was so psyched for the Plan B video and thinking yes this is gonna be THE new PJ part we've been waiting for since WHL.

And then. Oh well. Line is so good though

https://youtu.be/h3xEMw9ePZ0

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2020, 05:00:05 PM »
Thanks for posting! Every PJ clip is such a gift.
Do people ever skate those little stone eggs, circles like they're little ledges?
Has Wes Kremer ever filmed at eggs?

politics as usual

• Rep: -21
    • What’s in a Name Podcast avatar image
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2020, 06:34:33 PM »
No prob

If you liked that clip, check this other one I filmed about 6 years ago in LA at the wilshire ledges next to J Kwon.  Dude did like 5 fakie 5-0 fakie flip outs the hard way.  One of them’s in this clip here

https://youtu.be/XRRf_wffY_w

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 07:20:19 PM by Dark Knight »

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -597
  • who knows
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2020, 09:18:35 PM »
is he actually into sikhism or is he like a girl at coachella into Yoga, astral shit, and wearing a vishnu necklace for a summer
where is home?

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2020, 10:32:11 PM »
is he actually into sikhism or is he like a girl at coachella into Yoga, astral shit, and wearing a vishnu necklace for a summer

I get the feeling PJ gets really into things he d�Kind of like Randy in South Park.

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2020, 10:47:57 PM »

thanks Dark Knight!
Not trying to be a total dick, but thats not skating it like a ledge. I don't know what you could slide besides blunts, but still.

wildbillhiccup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -78
  • JACKASS
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2020, 12:27:46 AM »
Fuck Pj

Grind King Rims

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2020, 01:54:57 AM »

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2020, 10:15:03 AM »
Sikh.

WarmUpZone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2020, 01:25:30 PM »

From a quick look, he is a follower of Ra Ma, which is an offshoot of the 3HO Khalsa cult (the one Habitat Guru was born into), whose dead leader has recently had a huge number of sexual abuse allegations drop against him. One of the leaders of Ra Ma has been convicted of fraud previously.

I'm close with several people who have escaped the abuses of this group, so I'm pretty well versed in it and opinionated against it. It has been a bummer to see PJ go down this road. Every time I see threads jocking PJ here I try to hold my tongue, but here we go. Feel free to ignore this rant and keep enjoying those smooth half-cab kickflip noseslides.

Yes, it is a cult, complete with arranged marriages, children being separated from their parents, military training, and a leader who lives large on mandatory donations from followers. Ask any actual Punjabi Sikh and they will tell you these white people in turbans with beards are just suckers who got recruited through yoga into a bastardized version of their religion.

I don't know how deep he is in at this point. The progression is usually: do a lot of their specific brand of yoga, change your lifestyle to fit (vegetarian, sober), then start wearing the costume (beard, turban, etc.), advance further in the group through 'teacher training', get a new name, move into or near the ashram, work for one of the business owned by the group, and on and on. Obviously some of these things can be good (yoga isn't inherently bad, sobering up can be very good for some) but the structure completely is designed to make those at the top wealthy and protected from abuses inflicted on their followers, especially children born into the cult.
One can see how folks 'at coachella into Yoga, astral shit, and wearing a vishnu necklace for a summer' are ripe for the picking to take it to the next level. But it isn't actual Sikhism. It's an American cult based on Sikhism.

PJ (I'm actually surprised he hasn't been assigned a new name yet) can do whatever he wants. I'm glad he is still skating and doesn't appear to be recruiting new converts.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2020, 01:43:59 PM »
Bro.. I'm down for saving PJ.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2020, 01:24:42 PM »
     skeet     

skeet                   

skeet         

skeet               

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 25
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2020, 02:02:12 PM »
Sikh.
Beat me to it. This was the best 13 seconds  beside losing the ol v card.
Whoa. Danger.

Ishaboi

• Rep: -1
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2020, 02:21:09 PM »
Wicked Pissa

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2020, 07:15:18 PM »
(A)pl(E)

mareo

• Rep: -336
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2020, 05:09:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

From a quick look, he is a follower of Ra Ma, which is an offshoot of the 3HO Khalsa cult (the one Habitat Guru was born into), whose dead leader has recently had a huge number of sexual abuse allegations drop against him. One of the leaders of Ra Ma has been convicted of fraud previously.

I'm close with several people who have escaped the abuses of this group, so I'm pretty well versed in it and opinionated against it. It has been a bummer to see PJ go down this road. Every time I see threads jocking PJ here I try to hold my tongue, but here we go. Feel free to ignore this rant and keep enjoying those smooth half-cab kickflip noseslides.

Yes, it is a cult, complete with arranged marriages, children being separated from their parents, military training, and a leader who lives large on mandatory donations from followers. Ask any actual Punjabi Sikh and they will tell you these white people in turbans with beards are just suckers who got recruited through yoga into a bastardized version of their religion.

I don't know how deep he is in at this point. The progression is usually: do a lot of their specific brand of yoga, change your lifestyle to fit (vegetarian, sober), then start wearing the costume (beard, turban, etc.), advance further in the group through 'teacher training', get a new name, move into or near the ashram, work for one of the business owned by the group, and on and on. Obviously some of these things can be good (yoga isn't inherently bad, sobering up can be very good for some) but the structure completely is designed to make those at the top wealthy and protected from abuses inflicted on their followers, especially children born into the cult.
One can see how folks 'at coachella into Yoga, astral shit, and wearing a vishnu necklace for a summer' are ripe for the picking to take it to the next level. But it isn't actual Sikhism. It's an American cult based on Sikhism.

PJ (I'm actually surprised he hasn't been assigned a new name yet) can do whatever he wants. I'm glad he is still skating and doesn't appear to be recruiting new converts.

Huge fan of PJ myself, but I appreciate the info. Let's hope he doesn't go too deep into that shit, and if he does, fuck him.

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2020, 05:22:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Huge fan of PJ myself, but I appreciate the info. Let's hope he doesn't go too deep into that shit, and if he does, fuck him.

Are you basing this on anything other than him following the insta page? I dont know heaps about Sikhism, especially western converts but I do know that the majority of Sikhs I've had contact with are regular law abiding people. Admitedly these are Sikhs from the Indian sub-continent and not in the US.

It seems a bit simplistic to assume that just because he has converted to an Eastern religion and follows an insta page that he is radicalised or trapped in a cult.
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2020, 07:43:46 AM »
His skating appears to have been radicalized.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

lickcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
  • breathcakes
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2020, 08:56:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's cool that you're bringing awareness to this... I always felt like white Sikhs are fishy. Not gonna shit on PJ until what you're positing is true, but then again, I've felt lukewarm about his skating post-Flip anyways.

waffle

• Rep: 123
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2020, 11:12:04 AM »
It’s shocking to me that people still care about PJ. His part in whl is top 3 for me of all time, but everything since Really Sorry is just stiff ledge skating. All of the things that made home great in his youth (loose style, improv lines, actually having a personality or even just smiling) are gone and have been missing for years.

And that’s without factoring in the trump stuff.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2020, 12:57:29 PM »
It’s shocking to me that people still care about PJ. His part in whl is top 3 for me of all time, but everything since Really Sorry is just stiff ledge skating. All of the things that made home great in his youth (loose style, improv lines, actually having a personality or even just smiling) are gone and have been missing for years.

Well, you know how cult following goes. I'm totaly biased, though.

Missled Yutes

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2020, 03:23:30 PM »

I actually agree with everything here, but was unaware of anything Trump related. He likes Trump?

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -377
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2020, 03:38:51 PM »

I see a smile

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEo1srVF-0k/?igshid=1b9tid0rzna1o

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2020, 03:57:25 PM »
Nollie nose grind shuv 5oh my

(A)pl(E)