Author Topic: New PJ Ladd footage from “Eggs”  (Read 10816 times)

JMSneep

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 147
Re: New PJ Ladd footage from “Eggs”
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2020, 10:32:45 PM »
Expand Quote
It’s shocking to me that people still care about PJ. His part in whl is top 3 for me of all time, but everything since Really Sorry is just stiff ledge skating. All of the things that made home great in his youth (loose style, improv lines, actually having a personality or even just smiling) are gone and have been missing for years.

And that’s without factoring in the trump stuff.
[close]
I see a smile

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEo1srVF-0k/?igshid=1b9tid0rzna1o

I would smile if my day was like that. Would've shaved my beard though before i went out.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2020, 11:41:17 PM »
For some reason the thought of PJ Ladd doing a hurricane is kind of funny. What's next? Fs salad? Pop shuv lip?
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

mareo

• Rep: -336
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2020, 10:22:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
is he actually into sikhism or is he like a girl at coachella into Yoga, astral shit, and wearing a vishnu necklace for a summer
[close]

From a quick look, he is a follower of Ra Ma, which is an offshoot of the 3HO Khalsa cult (the one Habitat Guru was born into), whose dead leader has recently had a huge number of sexual abuse allegations drop against him. One of the leaders of Ra Ma has been convicted of fraud previously.

I'm close with several people who have escaped the abuses of this group, so I'm pretty well versed in it and opinionated against it. It has been a bummer to see PJ go down this road. Every time I see threads jocking PJ here I try to hold my tongue, but here we go. Feel free to ignore this rant and keep enjoying those smooth half-cab kickflip noseslides.

Yes, it is a cult, complete with arranged marriages, children being separated from their parents, military training, and a leader who lives large on mandatory donations from followers. Ask any actual Punjabi Sikh and they will tell you these white people in turbans with beards are just suckers who got recruited through yoga into a bastardized version of their religion.

I don't know how deep he is in at this point. The progression is usually: do a lot of their specific brand of yoga, change your lifestyle to fit (vegetarian, sober), then start wearing the costume (beard, turban, etc.), advance further in the group through 'teacher training', get a new name, move into or near the ashram, work for one of the business owned by the group, and on and on. Obviously some of these things can be good (yoga isn't inherently bad, sobering up can be very good for some) but the structure completely is designed to make those at the top wealthy and protected from abuses inflicted on their followers, especially children born into the cult.
One can see how folks 'at coachella into Yoga, astral shit, and wearing a vishnu necklace for a summer' are ripe for the picking to take it to the next level. But it isn't actual Sikhism. It's an American cult based on Sikhism.

PJ (I'm actually surprised he hasn't been assigned a new name yet) can do whatever he wants. I'm glad he is still skating and doesn't appear to be recruiting new converts.
[close]

Huge fan of PJ myself, but I appreciate the info. Let's hope he doesn't go too deep into that shit, and if he does, fuck him.
[close]

Are you basing this on anything other than him following the insta page? I dont know heaps about Sikhism, especially western converts but I do know that the majority of Sikhs I've had contact with are regular law abiding people. Admitedly these are Sikhs from the Indian sub-continent and not in the US.

It seems a bit simplistic to assume that just because he has converted to an Eastern religion and follows an insta page that he is radicalised or trapped in a cult.

I don't have anything against sikhism. I said that if he goes deep into what that user said (children being separated from their parents, etc...), then fuck him. But I don't mean Sikhism is about that, just the cult using sikhism as an excuse.

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2020, 11:38:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
is he actually into sikhism or is he like a girl at coachella into Yoga, astral shit, and wearing a vishnu necklace for a summer
[close]

From a quick look, he is a follower of Ra Ma, which is an offshoot of the 3HO Khalsa cult (the one Habitat Guru was born into), whose dead leader has recently had a huge number of sexual abuse allegations drop against him. One of the leaders of Ra Ma has been convicted of fraud previously.

I'm close with several people who have escaped the abuses of this group, so I'm pretty well versed in it and opinionated against it. It has been a bummer to see PJ go down this road. Every time I see threads jocking PJ here I try to hold my tongue, but here we go. Feel free to ignore this rant and keep enjoying those smooth half-cab kickflip noseslides.

Yes, it is a cult, complete with arranged marriages, children being separated from their parents, military training, and a leader who lives large on mandatory donations from followers. Ask any actual Punjabi Sikh and they will tell you these white people in turbans with beards are just suckers who got recruited through yoga into a bastardized version of their religion.

I don't know how deep he is in at this point. The progression is usually: do a lot of their specific brand of yoga, change your lifestyle to fit (vegetarian, sober), then start wearing the costume (beard, turban, etc.), advance further in the group through 'teacher training', get a new name, move into or near the ashram, work for one of the business owned by the group, and on and on. Obviously some of these things can be good (yoga isn't inherently bad, sobering up can be very good for some) but the structure completely is designed to make those at the top wealthy and protected from abuses inflicted on their followers, especially children born into the cult.
One can see how folks 'at coachella into Yoga, astral shit, and wearing a vishnu necklace for a summer' are ripe for the picking to take it to the next level. But it isn't actual Sikhism. It's an American cult based on Sikhism.

PJ (I'm actually surprised he hasn't been assigned a new name yet) can do whatever he wants. I'm glad he is still skating and doesn't appear to be recruiting new converts.
[close]

Huge fan of PJ myself, but I appreciate the info. Let's hope he doesn't go too deep into that shit, and if he does, fuck him.
[close]

Are you basing this on anything other than him following the insta page? I dont know heaps about Sikhism, especially western converts but I do know that the majority of Sikhs I've had contact with are regular law abiding people. Admitedly these are Sikhs from the Indian sub-continent and not in the US.

It seems a bit simplistic to assume that just because he has converted to an Eastern religion and follows an insta page that he is radicalised or trapped in a cult.
[close]

I don't have anything against sikhism. I said that if he goes deep into what that user said (children being separated from their parents, etc...), then fuck him. But I don't mean Sikhism is about that, just the cult using sikhism as an excuse.

My post wasnt directed at you
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

politics as usual

• Rep: -21
    • What’s in a Name Podcast avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2020, 05:55:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

My post wasnt directed at you

Are you basing this on actual facts?  I talk to him on a regular basis, and while he does have an extremely different mindset, he’s never spoken to me about sikhism, or pushed any cult type shit on me. I’ve known him over 20 years and Half the shit we talk about has nothing to do with skating.  Just wondering if you heard from someone who knows he’s affiliated.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2020, 06:23:39 AM »
So he just likes to wear a turban? Sincere question.

politics as usual

• Rep: -21
    • What’s in a Name Podcast avatar image
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2020, 03:08:49 PM »

He angles his beanie like that because he’s got super long hair

TheFandangler

• Rep: 14
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2020, 02:55:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He angles his beanie like that because he’s got super long hair

There is no way that's a beanie. I'm not sure what it is, but it ain't that.

mareo

• Rep: -336
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2020, 12:45:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

And just like that, I think his new name is Anantjeet. Check his IG https://www.instagram.com/pjladd/

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.

Ilya Oblomov

• Rep: 14
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2020, 06:28:18 AM »
So PJ is on Sihk-entology?

In A Jar

• Rep: 35
    • just say null avatar image
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2020, 07:20:01 AM »
Quick google shows:
Origin : Sikh, Indian, Punjabi. Anantjeet Meaning: Endless victory.

Whatever motivation he needs to keep ripping so hard and hopefully filming a new part is fine by me. 

QUSH

• Rep: -32
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2020, 03:19:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

And just like that, I think his new name is Anantjeet. Check his IG https://www.instagram.com/pjladd/

damn, bro called it

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -377

squippy

• Rep: -65
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2020, 05:15:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

damn, bro called it

Welp...

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -222
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2020, 07:13:40 PM »
PJ on some Cat Stevens shit

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2020, 07:21:49 PM »
Religion strikes again!
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2020, 08:53:15 PM »

Sikhism is an entirely different religion than Islam

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2020, 09:06:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's weird that so many people are getting the two mixed up, but at least it's a learning experience.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2020, 09:16:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
It's weird that so many people are getting the two mixed up, but at least it's a learning experience.

I’m guessing Gulf War racism trickled into society and made people think Arabs wear turbans

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2020, 09:20:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

I’m guessing Gulf War racism trickled into society and made people think Arabs wear turbans
I wouldn't be surprised.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2020, 09:24:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

damn, bro called it
[close]

Welp...

Holy shit: this explains so much. So my old apartment is right across the street from a park and lucky me it happens to be the park that PJ likes to skate flat in . So years go by of me watching him skate flat in awe occasionally.

But one day he has a new friend with him who seemingly kinda skates but isn’t that good. So anyway I keep skating flat in my corner of the Parking lot . But as they go to leave his homie comes up to me and asks what I’m listening to and I say biggie . And then he gets all weird and sternly say something about my music choices throwing off my aura or some Shit.

And now I’m suddenly realizing that may be the dude who sent PJ down whatever This weird cult path is .
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2020, 01:44:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Alright so two things:

1) I thought @ziggy was refering to the name changing because of religion, rather than saying they share religion

2) So my relation to Sikhism is mainly that my girlfriend's childhood friend got married into the religion, and we attended their wedding (I didn't understand much of the ceremony, but you do eat some super sweet cake-like stuff, and there's a banging tabla jam in the middle of the ceremony)... However, at the party I talked to a lot of the grooms close friends - who were all Sikhs - and from their description they said it isn't entirely wrong to say that Sikhism is a version of Islam. Their description of it is that it is a mixture of Hinduism and Islam, where the divine aspect is toned down and is replaced by a focus that is heavier relied being in the world (yoga, behave-well, etc.)

While I'm no expert I kind of think that more people get it wrong the other way around, where they are not aware that sikhism are in fact related to Islam.

Double Thick Filbert

• Rep: -56
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2020, 02:21:58 AM »
Some of the most soulless tricks i've ever seen this empty motherfucker is depressing to watch

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 90
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2020, 02:41:44 AM »
Some of the most soulless tricks i've ever seen this empty motherfucker is depressing to watch

It ain't the same unless it's spots in Boston for me.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2020, 06:57:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Alright so two things:

1) I thought @ziggy was refering to the name changing because of religion, rather than saying they share religion

2) So my relation to Sikhism is mainly that my girlfriend's childhood friend got married into the religion, and we attended their wedding (I didn't understand much of the ceremony, but you do eat some super sweet cake-like stuff, and there's a banging tabla jam in the middle of the ceremony)... However, at the party I talked to a lot of the grooms close friends - who were all Sikhs - and from their description they said it isn't entirely wrong to say that Sikhism is a version of Islam. Their description of it is that it is a mixture of Hinduism and Islam, where the divine aspect is toned down and is replaced by a focus that is heavier relied being in the world (yoga, behave-well, etc.)

While I'm no expert I kind of think that more people get it wrong the other way around, where they are not aware that sikhism are in fact related to Islam.

I get what you're saying and I didn't mean my comment in a snide way. I mean there are major contrasts, for example Islam being an Abrahamic religion and Sikhism being Dharmic. It's true that there are parallels in terms of prayer and guidelines of faith for example, but there's quite a lot of differences, one being between the Sikh turban and any style of Muslim headwear.

It's all love, in fact I'd love to see more inter-religious discourse and understanding, but in the same breath I know that Sikhs are weary of being confused for Muslims and vice-versa as well.

bobforapples

• Rep: -55
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2020, 02:27:06 PM »
Pj was too scared to get a hair transplant so he went sikh so he could always have a hat on

sk8ordontordie

• Rep: -16
  • I like to skate
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2020, 02:41:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

All of those spots are in Boston
Welcome to slap message board

Owen

• SLAP Pal
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2020, 12:13:51 PM »
There are five things that Sikhs are required to do/carry:
Not cut their hair
Carry a wooden comb
Wear an iron bracelet on the wrist
Wear tiable underwear 
Carry a dagger for defensive purposes
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2020, 04:03:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
All of those spots are in Boston

;D
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)