Author Topic: Help with es sizing  (Read 4504 times)

p_higgles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
Help with es sizing
« on: October 17, 2020, 05:39:45 PM »
Hi. I require some info on how eS shoes fit. I want to try some of their shoes but the shops in my city only ever have accel slim in stock and nothing else. I've been skating Globe Sabre shoes in size 12 for years but suddenly what was once a perfect fit is now too narrow and short. The same thing happened to DVS size 12 (yes I know I skate bunk shoe brands, but they worked for me). Size 13 is way too big, lose around heel or entire foot. I tried eS accel slim size 13 and it fits pretty good aside from having a bit too much length/toe room so when I bend forward on them if does that weird fold into the top of your toes thing. What I really want is one of the bulkier eS models, like scheme or silo or even accel og, but alas I can never try them on. So what I'd like to know is how Silo, Scheme, Quattro, and Accel og fit compared to the accel slim or even globe Sabre if anyone has switched from those as well. Are they the same length as accel slim? Size 12 or 13? I just hate throwing down $150 for a pair of shoes that don't fit right. ;( Any information on this issue is appreciated. Thanks.

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 25
Re: Help with es sizing
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 11:06:01 AM »
I had the accel ogs in an 11.5, I wear 11, and it was too big. Got em in 11 felt fine. You skate for real in sabres? That's doap if you do. I've been temped myself but alas I'm fully on the mid hi tip right now. Godspeed dude.
Whoa. Danger.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 11:14:12 AM »
Every ”new” es model I’ve had has been tts.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2020, 01:54:42 PM »
I can't remember the model...I want to say it was the acel slim (it was part of the re-launch); blk with the grey/clear sole, it was about a half size too big, but that was years ago...never went back to the brand.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2020, 04:57:48 PM »
Scheme and Accel OG fit me true to size.
Accel alums fit me a tad tight but Accel OG and Scheme do not.
I haven’t had the silo or Quat
The Omega you def need to go up at least half a size from your true size.
Tribo fit me a little long In my true size but I was still able to skate them just fine.
My true size is 11, Accel Og, scheme and globe Sabre all fit me fine in 11
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2020, 01:15:33 PM »
- Accel OG: is true to size but a little stubby in the toe box. Does not fit similarly to the Accel Slim in that sense. You could go half up but TTS should be fine. It fits like a puffy shoe.
- Silo: true to size and fits like a modern version of classic puffy shoes. Not too puffy and not too slim. A good middle ground. Light. Sole feels a little soft but not to the point of it being a problem. Toe box is closer to an accel slim shape wise but not as pointy and more room for your toes.
- Evant: 1/2 size up for sure. It's too tight in the toe box by your pinky toe if you don't go 1/2 up. A cross between modern and chunky, so it fits closer to your foot shape wise than not. You can go 1 size up and swap insole for potential ideal fit or suffer with TTS to stretch them out if 12.5 isn't made.
- Quattro: have not had it but consensus seems 1/2 size up and it seems like it will fit closer to an Accel Slim but a bit more padding throughout. Toe box doesn't look as tall (height) as Accel OG or Evant, so that may make it somewhat tight but idk.
- Scheme and Tribo: seem true to size. Tribo slightly modern fitting/shape compared to Scheme. Scheme is a puffy monster with a short toe box. Not as familiar with the other models out or they've discontinued models (Contract, Accelerate, SLB 97, etc.)
Super Champion Fun Zone

Bugsytootsie

• Rep: -10
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2020, 06:00:58 PM »
Og accels and accel slims sz 12 for true to size for lengthwise. Slims just a little more narrow in the width. Hope that helps

Chookilara

• Rep: -20
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2020, 06:21:57 PM »
es are some of the worst skate shoes to exist, so friggin ugly #cringe #lol

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2020, 06:28:17 PM »
1/2 size up in the Quattro
Silo and Swift are TTS
Scheme and Tribo are TTS as well

p_higgles

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2020, 04:54:31 AM »
Thanks for the replies everyone. I also emailed eS customer service and they advised me to try size 12 on OGs first. So I'll order some from somewhere online next month and see how it fits. Slims would prob work for me in 12.5, and same with the Quattro possibly from what I've heard here. It is disappointing, the Quattro looks like the perfect shoe for me, aside from the fact that it is not manufactured in 12.5. Will post back here with results in a month or so, for anyone else with freaky 12.5 feet wondering about eS shoes.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2020, 06:06:45 AM »
The only time I ever had to size up was for the seslas, but even eS recommended doing so on their site. Really want to try the evants but won’t be able to try them on in person

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

finecojeffe

• Rep: 126
    • Fine-Co avatar image
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2020, 06:21:20 AM »
I've always gone up 1/2 size in any of their shoes. I always change the insole so a thicker one though so maybe thats why.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2020, 06:15:45 AM »
What's the word on Spartas? TTS or half up?

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2020, 06:36:53 AM »
es are some of the worst skate shoes to exist, so friggin ugly #cringe #lol
yeah, have fun blowing though 3 pairs of vulc shoes a month.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2020, 07:07:51 AM »
They run true to size.

Not that it means anything  but I wont ever buy anymore es or emericas ever again. They are either too stiff or too thin. The insoles suck. I Shouldn't have to buy $80 shoes and then go out and buy $40+ insoles. All that being said you cant kill those damn etnies marana shoes. lol

p_higgles

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2020, 03:40:25 AM »
So I tried eS Silos size 12 since I found some 40% off online. Too narrow. Very stiff shoe. Oh well, add eS to the list of brands I can't wear. Size 13 too long size 12 too narrow.

Not fair being 12.5 ;( Shoe crisis continues.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2020, 05:53:08 AM »
So I tried eS Silos size 12 since I found some 40% off online. Too narrow. Very stiff shoe. Oh well, add eS to the list of brands I can't wear. Size 13 too long size 12 too narrow.

Not fair being 12.5 ;( Shoe crisis continues.

I wear a size 12 Silo and I didn’t find it stiff but at first the outside toe cut a little too quickly for my foot. It is really a great shoe for older bigger skaters who have swollen ankles from uncountable sprained and broken ankles. The shoe is as wide as you are going to find my friend. I know your pain. Maybe you should buy a pair of Vans Sk8 mid or high. Those are the only wider shoes I have found. If the Silos don’t fit don’t even bother with the following:

-Cons, Nike, Adidas, Lakai

Lakai used to make wide shoes (Telford's) but they slimmed out to keep up with the trends.

For cupsole es and DC (classics) May be your only hope.

New Balance Recommends going a half size up so I can’t wear them (true 12) but if you find a size 13 NB you should try.

The NB containment thread has lots of info and they make a hybrid skate shoe they sell on Zappos that comes in a wide. I think it is called 574 as it looks like the classics jogger in a cup sole.

After I broke my left leg (regular) I ruined my shoe life cause the swelling never went down so I feel your pain cause I had to give up caring about style and turn to comfort.