Author Topic: Can't find a board in my size.  (Read 642 times)

TurdyBird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
Can't find a board in my size.
« on: October 22, 2020, 03:04:16 PM »
Made a thread because I feel like a lot of you can relate what I'm going through. This is merely driven out of desperation.

Due to obvious reasons (if not let me just say one word: Corona) I can't get my hands on a new deck in the dims I want. My board is fine for now, but I've been skating way more than I usually do since I quit drinking.

Anyone got that good link of a place with a decent selection still? I'm looking for a 8.5 x 32.25 that is 14.25 wb.

My local is Skate Warehouse (literally in my home town. Before anyone says "support a real shop bro" these guys actually do a lot, if not the most for my local skate scene. Before I even need to say it, I hope you know you can kiss my ass if you even feel the nerve to say some shit about supporting them.

Kook me, commiserate, or hook me up with a link I don't care. Starting to feel desperate enough that I might see what the local Vans store has or even go into a....surf shop to see what they have. I prefer generator wood, willing to try ps again, desperate enough to do dwindle. Fuck, I'll give girl a chance again at this point.
The chillest1

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Can't find a board in my size.
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 05:54:40 PM »
If you can deal with 31.91" instead of 32.25"

https://fuckingawesomestore.com/collections/boards?filters=size-8-5

Junglist

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 06:21:32 PM »
35th Ave has 8.38 x 32.25 x 14.25 and 8.625 x 32.25 x 14.25 if you’re willing to size up or down an eighth of an inch.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2020, 06:23:07 PM »
I would check skate park of Tampa’s
browse by size feature

FUBAR

• Rep: 236
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2020, 06:36:14 PM »
Can’t help with a deck but congrats on quitting drinking. Shits not easy.

Glutenpadre

• Rep: 1
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2020, 09:45:56 PM »
I'd say check Parade, though some dimensions may not be listed.
Pickings are slim but since this draws from a bunch of shops, when new stuff drops its an easy place to go.

https://www.paradeworld.com/c/skateboards/decks/?filters=%5B%7B%22type%22%3A%22identity%22%2C%22name%22%3A%22categoryList.name%22%2C%22value%22%3A%22Decks%22%7D%5D

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2020, 10:14:06 PM »
DLX 8.18 x 31.85

That shape is damn impossible to find

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2020, 03:23:11 AM »
If you can deal with a 14.38 wb instead of 14.25, Skatepark of Tampa has some 8.5 DLX boards right now

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2020, 03:30:42 AM »

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1026
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2020, 04:14:41 AM »

Anyone got that good link of a place with a decent selection still? I'm looking for a 8.5 x 32.25 that is 14.25 wb.

My local is Skate Warehouse (literally in my home town. Before anyone says "support a real shop bro" these guys actually do a lot, if not the most for my local skate scene. Before I even need to say it, I hope you know you can kiss my ass if you even feel the nerve to say some shit about supporting them.

The two most common shapes in DLX wood, all from SW online and in stock:

The original in almost all 8.5 decks but I only see the krooked pewpils pricepoint in those dimensions in stock right now

Features:

Width - 8.5"
Length - 32.25"
Wheelbase - 14.38"

The shorter length and wheelbase which is almost more common now with people wanting shorter wheelbases but I found them to be too short in the tail for my liking, but still a decent size and shape, eg blue eagle / krooked eyes / real bold

Features:

Width - 8.5"
Length - 31.8"
Wheelbase - 14.25"

I recall of BBS wood, most Baker, Alien Workshop and Polar decks were shorter wheelbases too but the new ones they show in stock all seem like they are 14.5 and not 14.25 wheelbases.

Maybe those ones in the second list will be the best for you.
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2020, 08:58:37 AM »
Made a thread because I feel like a lot of you can relate what I'm going through. This is merely driven out of desperation.

Due to obvious reasons (if not let me just say one word: Corona) I can't get my hands on a new deck in the dims I want. My board is fine for now, but I've been skating way more than I usually do since I quit drinking.

Kook me, commiserate, or hook me up with a link I don't care. Starting to feel desperate enough that I might see what the local Vans store has or even go into a....surf shop to see what they have. I prefer generator wood, willing to try ps again, desperate enough to do dwindle. Fuck, I'll give girl a chance again at this point.

You're in SLO? Tough pickens for a core shop for sure. Anything at Wavelengths in MB?
ok thanks

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2020, 10:05:01 AM »
Can’t help with a deck but congrats on quitting drinking. Shits not easy.

Been trying to all of summer and as of this weekend it will be two weeks. Thank you!!

You're in SLO? Tough pickens for a core shop for sure. Anything at Wavelengths in MB?

Yup!!

I'm gonna try moondoggies and central coast surfboards in town but wavelengths isn't a bad idea!! Might see what south county has available too. Just chipped my board yesterday.

Thank you all for showing some love and working to help me out!! I really appreciate it!!
The chillest1