Author Topic: Post a lesser known part  (Read 4230 times)

FlatBeat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
Re: Post a lesser known part
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2020, 01:09:24 PM »
Here's a good one. Local homie named Cory Wilson.

I met him when he first moved out the west coast when he was like 18 or something and was blown away by his style. I found his parts never really did him justice though. Watching him cruise around a park is unbelievable.

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 110
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2020, 04:52:36 PM »

That Will part is so fuckin good. Watch the whole video a lot but I have a local bias

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2020, 07:33:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Part 1 of the Pete Eldridge comeback tour! He got on Mystery shortly after, dropped a part in their Black and White video before going on to have a good 2nd (3rd?) run with Cliche and Adidas.
[close]

Wasn't this the end of the first run? I thought after this part he became a roofer or some shit, got a call from chief and then got on mystery. Maybe Im only saying that bc this part has a bootleg vibe.

I think he filmed this after Bootleg, went to do roofing work and filmed this in between.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Tarquin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2020, 06:21:58 AM »
I own a lot of Japanese videos that aren't on youtube. Deshi is a frequent standout skater in many of them, whether in a part or montage.

This part essentially turned him into my favorite skateboarder. 90% of the boards I've ridden for the past ~5 years have been Deshi Traffic boards.

Now, this isn't exactly my video to just upload so I have it on my Vimeo, password protected, to share with friends. I'm going to change the password later today. Enjoy.

Password: Deshi

Fuck, thanks for posting that. I’m a big fan of his as well and hadn’t seen that before. Best spot selection.

juuhnuuh

• Rep: -157
  • i love the 90's
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2020, 06:45:34 AM »

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2020, 07:38:39 AM »

Met this dude at Lincoln City and he was ripping. Some older guy told me “he’s goin pro dude” and like a couple weeks later this part came out. Blew my mind!
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

dazedazedaze

• Rep: 7
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2020, 08:03:33 AM »
I own a lot of Japanese videos that aren't on youtube. Deshi is a frequent standout skater in many of them, whether in a part or montage.

This part essentially turned him into my favorite skateboarder. 90% of the boards I've ridden for the past ~5 years have been Deshi Traffic boards.

Now, this isn't exactly my video to just upload so I have it on my Vimeo, password protected, to share with friends. I'm going to change the password later today. Enjoy.

missed this while it was still the changed password, what part was this? never heard of this guy but from what I just found on youtube he completely rules!

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2020, 12:39:47 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

missed this while it was still the changed password, what part was this? never heard of this guy but from what I just found on youtube he completely rules!
Yeah... I lied and never changed the password. I'll leave it up for a few more days. I'm a little torn because I respect anyone making independent videos, and if the filmmaker doesn't post it online, there may be a reason that one should respect. But, on the other hand, I am not posting the entire video, and feel like people really need to see this.

It's from a video called "Journey" by Skate Atom. I have no idea what Skate Atom makes, but it's not clothing or boards because Deshi has other sponsors for that stuff.

Anyway, he's been pro for Traffic since the late 2000s, but I understand he just retired. I created an appreciation thread for him a few years back and you can find his parts which are actually online. There really are a number of other great parts that aren't online.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=92234.msg2534611#msg2534611

Not joking at all when I say he is my favorite skater. Here's some other recent stuff:

Footage from Traffic's "Look Left"

Mini IG Part

dazedazedaze

• Rep: 7
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2020, 07:43:51 AM »
Cool, thanks! Looks like Skate Atom is a Japanese crew and not really a company of any sort, I guess? This is their blog - not active since 2014 or so. https://skateatom.exblog.jp/ But the DVD can somehow still be bought from this Nagano skate shop maybe, though they only ship domestically http://timeness.cart.fc2.com/ca120/3328/p2-r120-s/?preview=5b98bf5dce854e6a5ee9f464e07bb0f5

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1157
  • old and in the way
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2020, 02:47:30 PM »
HK's sponsor me footage:

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459