Author Topic: Post a lesser known part  (Read 4260 times)

Stu Pickles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 111
Re: Post a lesser known part
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2020, 09:25:44 AM »

Those were sick, guy has a nice style

imuseless

• Rep: 14
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2020, 01:04:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Noah Lora & Jonno Gaitan World Peath. Daniel Dent knows his shit. Love the song choice and ender is terrifying.

[close]

Damn that was nice! Like Instagram skating, but with taste and a natural style!

Highly recommend all the other World Peath and Snotjob parts too. So good.

Ed boy

• Rep: 80
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2020, 02:41:11 PM »

ThePeoplesChamp

• Rep: -14
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2020, 04:26:15 PM »
One of the Pyramid Country dudes older parts.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1065
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2020, 06:19:01 PM »
Cult favorite but probably lesser known to some. Dan was the man!

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2020, 07:43:42 PM »
Always thought lee was overlooked in general

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 772
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2020, 05:32:09 AM »

I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2020, 03:49:15 PM »
For some reason this popped into my head. I remember even back then I didn’t understand why no one seemed to love Genesis. I suppose the music put off a lot of people.

Missled Yutes

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2020, 09:10:56 PM »

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1938
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2020, 10:01:45 PM »
I still like returning to Jake Nunns part in Ithink. I'm sure some of you have seen it but it's still pretty obscure.

Parts at 5:35 if the timestamp dosen't work.

1) 2 Jakes in a row - Jake Nunn's part followed by Jake Palu
2) Jake Palu with his griptape art "I Have SARS" rings haunting in 2020's pandemic

A young Adam Dyet and Daryl Angel make for a really weird team. Danny Fuenzalida was repping Think all the way till it's last breath.

His brother Ben is probably better known now but Ted was a master technician. RJD2 was in so many video parts in the 2000s.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

waffle

• Rep: 125
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2020, 11:19:58 PM »
https://youtube.com/watch?v=qce0rc2Jj6M

Basically all I watched for years. Was v stoked when he got on 917.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2020, 06:18:37 AM »
I really liked this when it came out:

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2020, 06:58:55 AM »
Dani Lebron's Alai part. Discovered this through @carbonite 's blog back in the day.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1172
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2020, 07:33:28 AM »
@Allen starting it off with a great lesser known part from Molinar!

hardly art, hardly starving

deathturd

• Rep: 88
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2020, 07:54:25 PM »
Taking this thread as an opportunity to share an amazing person and one of the most underrated Colorado skateboarders.

Bob Dylan Jaeb

« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2020, 11:30:14 PM »
For some reason this popped into my head. I remember even back then I didn’t understand why no one seemed to love Genesis. I suppose the music put off a lot of people.

thats a part that you legit have to mute. I think they used the music from an ocean 11s montage

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2020, 12:50:59 AM »

Lordz - They don't give a fuck about us

Not as unknown but it helped bring Euro tech skating to the forefront in the mid-2000s. Having Bastien Salabanzi on the roster definitely helped draw eyes to the brand and continent.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2020, 01:56:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
thats a part that you legit have to mute. I think they used the music from an ocean 11s montage

It’s obviously horrendous. Interestingly, I was never questioning music in skate videos as a kid. I was 15 years old when this video came out. There was a sense of authority that never really made me question anything about skate videos, they were just magical. The magic faded in my 20s and was definitely gone by the time I started to take filming a bit more seriously myself. Now I am just a cranky old fart but nostalgia forbids to watch this on mute, as challenging as it is.

assbag

• Rep: 8
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2020, 04:53:46 AM »

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2020, 07:23:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Those were sick, guy has a nice style

Wooooah I used to watch this part all the time like a decade ago. What a trip, totally forgot about this.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2020, 07:38:34 AM »
This part is still amazing to me. One of the best fs flips ever done imo.

Bugsytootsie

• Rep: -10
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2020, 07:49:41 AM »
Very creative. Think there’s a few really cool nbds too

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2020, 09:57:22 AM »
I own a lot of Japanese videos that aren't on youtube. Deshi is a frequent standout skater in many of them, whether in a part or montage.

This part essentially turned him into my favorite skateboarder. 90% of the boards I've ridden for the past ~5 years have been Deshi Traffic boards.

Now, this isn't exactly my video to just upload so I have it on my Vimeo, password protected, to share with friends. I'm going to change the password later today. Enjoy.

Password: Deshi

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2020, 10:17:26 AM »

Part 1 of the Pete Eldridge comeback tour! He got on Mystery shortly after, dropped a part in their Black and White video before going on to have a good 2nd (3rd?) run with Cliche and Adidas.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

assbag

• Rep: 8
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2020, 10:54:11 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Part 1 of the Pete Eldridge comeback tour! He got on Mystery shortly after, dropped a part in their Black and White video before going on to have a good 2nd (3rd?) run with Cliche and Adidas.

Wasn't this the end of the first run? I thought after this part he became a roofer or some shit, got a call from chief and then got on mystery. Maybe Im only saying that bc this part has a bootleg vibe.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1158
  • old and in the way
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2020, 11:25:40 AM »

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2020, 11:36:04 AM »
I own a lot of Japanese videos that aren't on youtube. Deshi is a frequent standout skater in many of them, whether in a part or montage.

This part essentially turned him into my favorite skateboarder. 90% of the boards I've ridden for the past ~5 years have been Deshi Traffic boards.

Now, this isn't exactly my video to just upload so I have it on my Vimeo, password protected, to share with friends. I'm going to change the password later today. Enjoy.

Wow, that was really sick. Alot of those spots seemed really hard to skate as well and he pulled his tricks off super gracefully.

Does this guy skate with the tightbooth productions crew? His unique spot/trick selection kind of reminds me of that of the dudes from the Lenz 2 video

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2020, 12:13:14 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Wow, that was really sick. Alot of those spots seemed really hard to skate as well and he pulled his tricks off super gracefully.

Does this guy skate with the tightbooth productions crew? His unique spot/trick selection kind of reminds me of that of the dudes from the Lenz 2 video
He always has tricks in TBPR videos. There’s a few even before the Lenz videos. You might see him listed under his real name; Yoshihiro Ohmoto.

He’s definitely always in Yukihisa Nakamura’s videos (started Secret Cut magazine, and is behind BP Trading, which some of you may have heard of). If I had to say he was in a crew, this would be it. Only one that is online is Skate Archives, which is one of my favorite videos. But Yuki has been making videos since the late 90s all the way to now and Deshi either has tricks or parts in all of them. He is also responsible for the first few Gou parts I believe. Yuki is pretty influential in Japanese skating/filmmaking.

Deshi has also filmed with Katsumi Minami a bunch; Night Prowler, which is online, and he filmed that Traffic part. Katsumi is the main guy behind the Evisen video. Honestly, Deshi is in every quality Japanese video you can think of since the early 2000s until now. FESN, Toriotoko, etc..

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1172
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2020, 12:41:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
He always has tricks in TBPR videos. There’s a few even before the Lenz videos. You might see him listed under his real name; Yoshihiro Ohmoto.

He’s definitely always in Yukihisa Nakamura’s videos (started Secret Cut magazine, and is behind BP Trading, which some of you may have heard of). If I had to say he was in a crew, this would be it. Only one that is online is Skate Archives, which is one of my favorite videos. But Yuki has been making videos since the late 90s all the way to now and Deshi either has tricks or parts in all of them. He is also responsible for the first few Gou parts I believe. Yuki is pretty influential in Japanese skating/filmmaking.

Deshi has also filmed with Katsumi Minami a bunch; Night Prowler, which is online, and he filmed that Traffic part. Katsumi is the main guy behind the Evisen video. Honestly, Deshi is in every quality Japanese video you can think of since the early 2000s until now. FESN, Toriotoko, etc..

Deshi in Night Prowler is one of my favs
hardly art, hardly starving

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2020, 12:46:31 PM »