Author Topic: Rash From COVIT Mask  (Read 542 times)

lampshade

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Rash From COVIT Mask
« on: October 20, 2020, 07:12:58 AM »
I normally have really clear skin.  Now I have a pink rash right under each eye.  I was confused at first then I made the mask connection.  Has anyone else had this?  I walk a lot and I sweat a lot.  I guess I need to wash or swap my masks out more often.  I just have the normal light blue ones people give away for free. 

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Rash From COVIT Mask
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 08:45:47 AM »
I don't think those blue paper masks are supposed to be worn more than once.

I have three cloth masks made by a local company, I wash them about once a week and I'm yet to run into any issues.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 09:10:53 AM »
I don't think those blue paper masks are supposed to be worn more than once.

I have three cloth masks made by a local company, I wash them about once a week and I'm yet to run into any issues.

Since stores give them away for free, you're probably right.  It's crazy around here (DC) all the women getting into the fashion mask game.  Color coordinating them with outfits, all the stands that sell the fake LV, Gucci, Prada, etc. stuff all have all over print masks.  I guess when a market opens up people will go for it. 

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 10:28:17 AM »
Yeah, just change your mask.

My wife makes the cloth masks so I have no shortage. Triple layered with nose pieces in fun and strange/obscure patterns. It doesn't have to suck just because it's a requirement.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 10:41:51 AM »
also had a mask rash under my eyes, but only once, not sure why. i'm still wearing that mask. i've had no rashes since.

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

• Rep: -64
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2020, 10:53:17 AM »
I got got 20 of these. They’re not the best but they’re comfortable and washable. You’re supposed to throw one out after 10 washes, but 1 mask lasts me a week since I’m not wearing it all day.
Hanes unisex adult Mask, Pack of 10 Face Mask, Black, One Size Fits Most US https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0887LQHPC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_doYJFbW2D82KJ

Telly

• Rep: -150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2020, 12:03:17 PM »
Yeah, just change your mask.

My wife makes the cloth masks so I have no shortage. Triple layered with nose pieces in fun and strange/obscure patterns. It doesn't have to suck just because it's a requirement.

Agreed.  My mom makes masks and for some reason had a bunch of sugar-skull fabric.  In general I’m not a fan of that aesthetic but I like the weird looks I get and a got a free taco at the food truck because the lady liked my mask.