Author Topic: Backside Tailslide - help with (arguably) the best looking slide trick  (Read 12567 times)

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Been trying to apply the same principals of a frontside tailslide to the backside variation.

- Drag sideways instead of up
- Aim to lock my tail closer to the start of the ledge rather than too far ahead to avoid the board slipping out under me
- Look forward with front shoulder pointing forward

I can slide and roll out fakie but it's hit or miss, either my tail missed or the deck slips out front under me. Whenever I get a solid lock in I don't slide and stick. Feels like I have all the ingredients but the cake isn't coming out right.

Ledge had been waxed sufficient on the top and sides. Ledge I'm practicing on is low, between ankle and shin height so it always feels like I'm slapping my tail in too hard and hence not sliding

Any and all help appreciated.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

truthislie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 54
Re: Backside Tailslide - help with (arguably) the best looking slide trick
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 09:08:14 AM »
Been battling bsts for years and I m essentially in the same boat as you. I am not sure if that qualifies me for giving you tipps on it, but I heard a lot of them, so here we go:

When you think your lower body is twisted enough, twist it some more. Make sure your shoulders stay parallel to the ledge while your have all your weight on your backfoot. It´s kind of like you are bowling but push that weight on your backfoot as hard as you can. The preassure has to come from your hip (not your foot) and the shoulders are there to create some kind of counterweight so you don´t slip out and can control it. Also try to jump into the slide and not a lot higher than the ledge...

Maybe some of that helps, but as I said... I have been practicing and discussing backtails for a long time and still work on them ;)

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 06:08:53 PM »
Make sure you don't BS your BS 180s.
Mentioned above, turn more than you think and don't be afraid to stand on top of what you're sliding.
Look over your shoulder when sliding if you're worried about going blind.

For tranny:
turn even MORE than you expect. worst case scenario you start to turn bs into the tranny but you can probably yank it back under you for a normal drop/roll in.

Get those wheels screeching like busenitz and you'll know you're doing it right

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 10:56:34 PM »
Been battling bsts for years and I m essentially in the same boat as you. I am not sure if that qualifies me for giving you tipps on it, but I heard a lot of them, so here we go:

When you think your lower body is twisted enough, twist it some more. Make sure your shoulders stay parallel to the ledge while your have all your weight on your backfoot. It´s kind of like you are bowling but push that weight on your backfoot as hard as you can. The preassure has to come from your hip (not your foot) and the shoulders are there to create some kind of counterweight so you don´t slip out and can control it. Also try to jump into the slide and not a lot higher than the ledge...

Maybe some of that helps, but as I said... I have been practicing and discussing backtails for a long time and still work on them ;)

Interested, I was thinking about how the hips are really important in the rotation, just dragging with your feet isn't enough  and it causes your upper torso to get left behind. I guess getting the hips helps complete the rotation across the body from the waist up so your shoulders and head follow suit. I've tried getting the steez position (shoulders parallel, looking back) but it all pose not slide plus no lock. I guess there could be something about getting the whole body into it so the forward momentum isn't lost during the lock.

Edit: I managed to get more comfortable with FS Tailslides by opening up my hips more (focusing on the dragging sideways), I'll try this same principal the next time I'm at the park.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 12:52:59 AM by rocklobster »
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

anon

• Rep: 53
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2020, 12:12:48 AM »
the first thing that came to mind when learning back tails was to ollie into 5-0, then turn
https://youtu.be/Fs6wIMYH0eM?t=91
next, remove the 5-0 and flow into position in one motion
that didn't work for me
instead, i would do back tails like back lips. rather than pivoting from the back truck, i'd whip the tail backwards, into the ledge
focus your mind on the forward motion. imagine you're powerslidng through the air and there happens to be an obstacle underneath your tail
don't worry about landing on anything

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2020, 12:36:30 AM »
the first thing that came to mind when learning back tails was to ollie into 5-0, then turn
https://youtu.be/Fs6wIMYH0eM?t=91
next, remove the 5-0 and flow into position in one motion
that didn't work for me

instead, i would do back tails like back lips. rather than pivoting from the back truck, i'd whip the tail backwards, into the ledge
focus your mind on the forward motion. imagine you're powerslidng through the air and there happens to be an obstacle underneath your tail

Damn for a moment I thought you were asking me to do them like Ricky Oyola, great back tail but more speed than I could ever muster.

BS Lipslide is another bucket list trick for me. I can't find a rail low enough to practice locking in, the 1 I have nearest to me is a touch too low, really short and riddled with cracks in the roll up.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2020, 01:50:51 AM »
Ronnie Creager says that, when practicing your bs tailslides, "If you need help, come at a 90 degree angle, ollie back tail and ollie out."

https://youtu.be/rhvU053idKA
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2020, 02:19:15 AM »
I find looking down and back at your back foot as soon as you pop helps a bit.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2020, 03:29:37 AM »
Ronnie Creager says that, when practicing your bs tailslides, "If you need help, come at a 90 degree angle, ollie back tail and ollie out."

Thanks Ronnie, very helpful.

Reminds me of this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY38m4nW5LA
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2020, 03:34:24 AM »
Asking as well as I can't do them for shit either but have a different problem than most, I just cannot keep my board on my feet when ollieing into them no matter what. I don't think I'd have trouble sliding or landing but I just can't get into them. As soon as I pop my board goes away from the ledge and I land on one foot on top of it. I think it's a commitment thing of not leaning away from the ledge as I ollie so my board rockets but idk. Anyone else had that and figured it out?

This makes sense in my head, although I have real trouble getting backlips round far enough as well. I'll try it out
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2020, 05:40:31 AM »
I have never done a decent front side tail slide, lip slide, or smith grind on a ledge, but I can do all three back side and learned them all relatively quickly. I am a backside skater, so maybe I can give a few pointers to front side skaters.

-on all three look over your shoulder when sliding. If you go parallel I don’t think you can push the slide enough.
-come in at a 30 degree angle—just enough to get your tail onto the ledge with a quick whip.
-Ollie your front foot 90 degree like a bs 180. In air push your back foot through the ledge.
-land on your toes. You really have to stand on your toes to not stop.
-coming out regular you loosen your push and turn your board forward with your front heal.

Doing a shuvit out is actually easier in a way.
Nollie tail slide can also help to understand the motion with less risk.

I learned lip slides and smith grinds first so maybe try those at the same time. BS smith grinds are the same motion as bs tail slides but with less twerk.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2020, 05:47:43 AM »
I have never done a decent front side tail slide, lip slide, or smith grind on a ledge, but I can do all three back side and learned them all relatively quickly. I am a backside skater, so maybe I can give a few pointers to front side skaters.

-on all three look over your shoulder when sliding. If you go parallel I don’t think you can push the slide enough.
-come in at a 30 degree angle—just enough to get your tail onto the ledge with a quick whip.
-Ollie your front foot 90 degree like a bs 180. In air push your back foot through the ledge.
-coming out regular you loosen your push and turn your board forward with your front heal.

I learned lip slides and smith grinds first so maybe try those at the same time. BS smith grinds are the same motion as bs tail slides but with less twerk.

You mentioned push through the ledge a few times, can you explain that further?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2020, 06:03:51 AM »
When I miss on this trick it is because I am leaning too far back and my board will shoot out. I expect this to happen warming up and will eventually find the right amount of pressure. If you just Ollie to tail you will stop dead.

The push is where your back foot gets slightly out ahead of your body. You are not 90 degrees your front foot is in back of your back foot.

I will try to find a picture that illustrates my point.

Look at the action on the back foot. See the heal lift and the back leg angle. That’s that PUSH...

« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 06:56:37 AM by GardenSkater77 »

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2020, 06:34:10 AM »
The thing that helped me the most was popping further from the ledge than I normally would for backside tricks and leaning back slightly on the pop. And then just look over your shoulder like a front board and your legs will follow on the pop out. Also for tranny as was mentioned over rotating really helps make the slide easier. With back tails i tend to try to make it slip out before i try to start really being able to stand up on the slide.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2020, 06:53:45 AM »
When I miss on this trick it is because I am leaning too far back and my board will shoot out. I expect this to happen warming up and will eventually find the right amount of pressure. If you just Ollie to tail you will stop dead.

The push is where your back foot gets slightly out ahead of your body. You are not 90 degrees your front foot is in back of your front foot.

Look at the action on the back foot. See the heal lift and the back leg angle. That’s that PUSH...

Great explanation and the pic.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2020, 07:04:19 AM »
Expand Quote

The push is where your back foot gets slightly out ahead of your body. You are not 90 degrees your front foot is in back of your front foot.

[close]

You’re welcome.

Editors note: it is impossible for ones front foot to be in back of ones front foot. I meant back foot but I am sure you interpreted that.

Skating is so weird that I look at people who FS tail slide like why do you look so good on that I suck and then BSTS and the other guy thinks the same thing. My body just moves backside so much easier. Front side I always open up or something. Maybe I just need to find the right ledge/high curb. I don’t get any enjoyment skating boxes anymore. Feels like practice and the ones and the park use aluminum edging which sucks to grind.

Have a good day...

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2020, 01:42:28 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Thanks Ronnie, very helpful.

That's funny, thanks for that. Yeah, I guess Ronnie ain't exactly as erudite as a college professor...
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2020, 02:46:23 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You mentioned push through the ledge a few times, can you explain that further?

I was doing switch tailslides yesterday and worked that out, would imagine it's the same for back tails. I realised you need to 'complete' the turn into it once you're already in. Like just aim to get your board onto the ledge and then push your back foot round that last bit to not only complete the turn but also get your board slightly in front of your body weight. Doing it that way means it should slide easier as you're not dropping down straight into it, but also stop you from spinning out as it stops your body rotation

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2020, 05:13:21 PM »
just an aside note:

this is one of my tricks...and.... i'm old as fuck.

back when i was a young whippersnapper (twenties) i thought backtails were easiest on a knee-high + ledges -- anything lower was actually difficult. eventually, my age doubled, and my pop...did i say pop?? yeah, that disappeared. no pop left. backtails are now possible on curbs, but much more doable on shin-high ledges...but, only on the rare days that i feel springy.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2020, 06:51:19 PM »
Maybe if I tell you what I DIDN'T do, that could help you out. I have no one to talk to about this, so it's going to be a long one.

I spent the whole spring and summer this year trying to relearn them on a curb and I failed. I learned them 15 years ago and got lazy and lost them like a fool.

When I could do them back then, I could only do them to fakie. I guess that was more natural to me. This spring I wanted not only to relearn them but to go out to regular because that's more "acceptable."

But I don't know, that might've fucked me over. I think I was spending too much effort trying to contort my shoulders into a position where I could come out regular. I'm pretty sure that was stopping me from leaning into the slide and pushing it with my toes. I should've just focused on relearning them fakie and then went from there.

I eventually started trying them to fakie but it felt too late; I was barely sliding any, and if I did slide, it would only be for a millisecond.

I'm goofy-footed, and the recurring problem I have is that when I ollie and turn backside, I'll always stick on the curb. My back wheel facing the curb would always hit the curb and I'd land at an angle.

I remember that when I initially learned them many years ago, sometimes I would lock in, slide, and shoot out, or I would land with my back wheels on the ledge (the Janoski). Neither happened this year - I would ollie and if even I got my tail on the curb, I would stick every single time.

The weird thing is I tried relearning back tails five years ago and I DID shoot out of a few attempts, as a result of correctly locking into the curb...but now I can't even do that.

Full disclosure, I think part of my problem is that I couldn't even do b/s 5050s because I lost those as well. But I relearned them, did a few on a curb, but they're also strangely difficult to do now. So maybe it's going to help, because 15 years ago I learned bs 5050s before I learned back tails.

I was trying to take everyone's tips - swing my hips more, keep my shoulders parallel with the curb, roll up at a slight angle, pop THEN turn, try and push with my toes, look at my back foot, lean in the opposite direction of where I'm going...nothing was working.

I know the problem's in popping and turning properly. 50% of the time, when I'd try to ollie on, the board would flop off my feet or hit the curb. My ollie isn't as precise as it needs to be, I guess. For some reason it's hard to correctly visualize landing the trick.

Also the thing that sucks is that it's started to snow where I live, so I'm going to have to wait for five months before it's consistently warm enough to try to relearn them again. There's only one indoor park and it doesn't have anything small enough for me to learn on, if I can even get in due to virus regulations. It's fucked.

Here's an attempt of mine if anyone's interested.

https://imgur.com/AnB9taB

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2020, 07:18:26 PM »
Few observations:

-a curb is too low for that trick. 12”-14” ledge is ideal.
-you are floating the bs Ollie so you land on the ledge on the down.
-you over rotate the bs 180.

Try to get your back tail on quicker.

It’s hard on a curb (I’ve never tried one on something lower than a ledge) because you want catch the tail on the up. You only want to Ollie high enough to get on the ledge.

Check out @franc doing an air nollie to back tail in the ‘Old guys post here’ section. He has impeccable back tail on curb form. That’s your guy!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGNcWFAl0gX/
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 07:46:29 PM by GardenSkater77 »

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2020, 08:09:52 PM »
http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2020/10/21/30-year-quest-learning-backside-tailslides/

We ain't along my friends!

So much to take in and try this evening at the park!
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

lazer69

• Rep: -95
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2020, 09:27:17 PM »
You look like your jumping into it from a mile away and with too much angle.

I cant really do them. But to me it looks like people that do them do a nice crispy ollie then late bs "180"

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2020, 10:00:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

You’re welcome.

Editors note: it is impossible for ones front foot to be in back of ones front foot. I meant back foot but I am sure you interpreted that.

Skating is so weird that I look at people who FS tail slide like why do you look so good on that I suck and then BSTS and the other guy thinks the same thing. My body just moves backside so much easier. Front side I always open up or something. Maybe I just need to find the right ledge/high curb. I don’t get any enjoyment skating boxes anymore. Feels like practice and the ones and the park use aluminum edging which sucks to grind.

Have a good day...

Some observations from today:
"The Push" works - 1st one I tried today I got a decent slide and exited forward, the 2nd one I tried I slid got out fakie, then nothing in between for around 20 tries till my last 4 in the session where I got a solid lock and exited fakie with a proper pop out instead of slipping out.
1) It's counter-intuitive because you would think that the added push would cause over-rotation and the deck slipping out. But "The Push" helps to get the baseplate slotted into the ledge perfectly while overcoming the inertia from the initial lock of the tail.
2) I still got stuck on a lot of the attempts but I attribute that to under-rotation from not committing, not looking back or smashing my tail from above the ledge and not staying on my toes.
3) The ledge I'm working on is tiny (6-7" max), a taller ledge like 10-12" seems ideal
4) Slight angle to parallel worked best for me, too much angle caused me to under-rotate my board and "The Push" couldn't compensate for it. While rolling up my front shoulder was pointing into the ledge slightly, that helped with opening up the shoulders to aid the rotation.

I visualized Josh Kalis' Backside Tailslides (and 360 flips) when I attempted the trick because he exaggerates "The Push". After sifting through his Memory Screen and IG but couldn't find the specific clip.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3j7akUD7cD/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

This one was the closest I came up with, in one of the last few trick you can seem him really jamming / slotting his tail into the ledge with his back foot. I guess that's where the hip rotation really makes the different - rotation of the board under foot with while maintaining the upper body parallel to the ledge.

Overall not a bad day, landed 6 (1 regular, 5 fakie) out of 20-ish tries. I was locking in a lot more consistently but sticking and the times I did lock in I could actually feel the baseplate slide instead of gliding haphazardly across the ledge. I still need to work on my hip rotation. "The Push" is scary and counter-intuitive - it definitely takes commitment to allow yourself to over-rotate so you actually rotate sufficiently.

Shoutout to @GardenSkater77, @jerrygurneyscream and @Billy Bitchcakes for your secret sauce.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2020, 11:19:11 AM »
@GardenSkater77  and @lazer69  Thanks guys! Appreciate the feedback. I'm rooting for you @rocklobster !

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2020, 07:40:20 PM »
@GardenSkater77  and @lazer69  Thanks guys! Appreciate the feedback. I'm rooting for you @rocklobster !

Shalom.

My bucket list of tricks has expanded substantially post-lockdown and hearing you guys talk about the secret sauce of tricks has been really helpful. I think I've skated better in the last year than I did in 20s when I was struggling to balance work, social life, partying and other hobbies. I'm not mindlessly trying tricks and hoping to land 1 in 3 hours; I approach more methodically and think about my the physics of the board and body. And just be more chill about skateboarding.

Edit:
More progress today, "The Push" is becoming more 2nd nature and I have the confidence to roll up faster, pop and lock with more authority. My board is slipping out a lot less than (once in the whole session) and the baseplate is catching on more consistently. Like I mentioned above, it's counter-intuitive but it's working for me. Still not getting the weight distribution where I want it, I can control my slide and actually turn out fakie, but regular is still a challenge. The times I was able to come out regular I slid 1/2 a foot.

Going to work up the balls to try it on a taller ledge tomorrow, going from 6" to 18" so quite the step up. If I get close on 1 tomorrow I'll take it as a victory.

Hope the rest of you are making some progress, shalom for the weekend.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 08:51:51 AM by rocklobster »
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2020, 12:01:07 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGt3d7Yheso/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
2 weeks ago I didn't have the confidence or consistency to bring this trick to a tall ledge. Today, 2 hours and 50+ tries later, I got 3 rolling out to fakie but I'll take it.

The slide on a taller ledges is definitely easier since I couldn't get too high above the ledge and slam my tail down. The push came more naturally as well. The hardest part was committing to a solid pop instead of a 1/2 assed one and kicking the board away, I find I land my tricks faster and with great consistency once I do that. After getting a solid pop the rest was just muscle memory and hanging on for the ride.

3 words: Pop, drag (sideways), lock

Shalom pals, couldn't have done it without you guys. I'll work to get them cleaner with a proper exit in the coming weeks.

Edit: After multiple re-watches, I'm still not getting "The Push", I think that's the difference between a solid lock with control on the slide and a lazy glide over the top.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 09:16:16 AM by rocklobster »
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2020, 07:28:30 AM »
@rocklobster

That was perfect. Looks like you’ve been doing them for years.

I can’t remember the last time I tried one, but I may have to start trying them again. I am happy for you.

KushBush

• Rep: 2
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2020, 06:26:05 PM »
I learned back tails last fall, but I have finally mastered them, and understanding the “push” is tricky. What I do for getting a good slide is right before my tails hits the ledge I slightly kick out my back leg in front of me which initiates the slide. To hold it long, you will find that your toe side wheels are sliding against the ledge more than your heel side wheels so your board is almost more diagonal than perpendicular with the ledge. This helps with coming out to forward because the friction pushes your board back to forward (if that makes sense). To come out to forward, while I am sliding (I am regular) my board is in the bottom right of my vision and I am looking in front of me to spot the landing. I also find that having my front arm down helps me look over my shoulder. Hopefully this helps a bit with holding it and coming out to forward, it took me a long time to understand this trick but man it’s a fun one!

Btw, back tail to fakie was super clean! Good form.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2020, 07:16:45 PM »
I learned back tails last fall, but I have finally mastered them, and understanding the “push” is tricky. What I do for getting a good slide is right before my tails hits the ledge I slightly kick out my back leg in front of me which initiates the slide. To hold it long, you will find that your toe side wheels are sliding against the ledge more than your heel side wheels so your board is almost more diagonal than perpendicular with the ledge. This helps with coming out to forward because the friction pushes your board back to forward (if that makes sense). To come out to forward, while I am sliding (I am regular) my board is in the bottom right of my vision and I am looking in front of me to spot the landing. I also find that having my front arm down helps me look over my shoulder. Hopefully this helps a bit with holding it and coming out to forward, it took me a long time to understand this trick but man it’s a fun one!

Btw, back tail to fakie was super clean! Good form.

The push / slot in is what gives guys like Justin Strubing the style and control. You're right about the leading arm (left in our case) position, having it slightly down allows us to keep out line of sight clear.

I'll start a separate thread for BS Smith grinds because that is the 2nd trick I want to hammer out this year too. But if anyone has some initial thoughts fire away.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m