Author Topic: Backside Tailslide - help with (arguably) the best looking slide trick  (Read 12562 times)

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
Re: Backside Tailslide - help with (arguably) the best looking slide trick
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2020, 01:34:52 AM »
Expand Quote
I learned back tails last fall, but I have finally mastered them, and understanding the “push” is tricky. What I do for getting a good slide is right before my tails hits the ledge I slightly kick out my back leg in front of me which initiates the slide. To hold it long, you will find that your toe side wheels are sliding against the ledge more than your heel side wheels so your board is almost more diagonal than perpendicular with the ledge. This helps with coming out to forward because the friction pushes your board back to forward (if that makes sense). To come out to forward, while I am sliding (I am regular) my board is in the bottom right of my vision and I am looking in front of me to spot the landing. I also find that having my front arm down helps me look over my shoulder. Hopefully this helps a bit with holding it and coming out to forward, it took me a long time to understand this trick but man it’s a fun one!

Btw, back tail to fakie was super clean! Good form.
[close]

The push / slot in is what gives guys like Justin Strubing the style and control. You're right about the leading arm (left in our case) position, having it slightly down allows us to keep out line of sight clear.

I'll start a separate thread for BS Smith grinds because that is the 2nd trick I want to hammer out this year too. But if anyone has some initial thoughts fire away.

I think I did a paragraph in response to you about back smiths a while ago, not sure which thread, could be worth diggin up. Props on the back tail, to fakie is just as satisfying imo, I also need to brush up on mine to regs, maybe gotta put in some hours soon.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2020, 09:00:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I learned back tails last fall, but I have finally mastered them, and understanding the “push” is tricky. What I do for getting a good slide is right before my tails hits the ledge I slightly kick out my back leg in front of me which initiates the slide. To hold it long, you will find that your toe side wheels are sliding against the ledge more than your heel side wheels so your board is almost more diagonal than perpendicular with the ledge. This helps with coming out to forward because the friction pushes your board back to forward (if that makes sense). To come out to forward, while I am sliding (I am regular) my board is in the bottom right of my vision and I am looking in front of me to spot the landing. I also find that having my front arm down helps me look over my shoulder. Hopefully this helps a bit with holding it and coming out to forward, it took me a long time to understand this trick but man it’s a fun one!

Btw, back tail to fakie was super clean! Good form.
[close]

The push / slot in is what gives guys like Justin Strubing the style and control. You're right about the leading arm (left in our case) position, having it slightly down allows us to keep out line of sight clear.

I'll start a separate thread for BS Smith grinds because that is the 2nd trick I want to hammer out this year too. But if anyone has some initial thoughts fire away.
[close]

I think I did a paragraph in response to you about back smiths a while ago, not sure which thread, could be worth diggin up. Props on the back tail, to fakie is just as satisfying imo, I also need to brush up on mine to regs, maybe gotta put in some hours soon.

Expand Quote
BS Smiths and Lipslides! Can't get over the mental barrier to pop a BS 5-0 and point my toes down for the Smith. Can't bring myself to ollie up and over the top of the ledge to lock in the lipslide.
[close]

The way I learned back smiths was to get comfortable with getting into a smith going slow ish without grinding. Think about it more like a missed 5050 instead like a 5-0 where you tend to rocket your ollie a bit.

Once you're comfortable with getting into the back smith position and sticking, try going a bit faster, leaning not only back but also away from the ledge (toeside) when you get in. Also make sure you get into the ledge very gently (ollie into the grind, not onto it) and try have your board and lower body slightly ahead of your upper body and you should slowly be able to start grinding it a bit. Obviously put most of the weight on your back foot, your front foot is only meant to point the front of the board in a dipped position and for the most part should be pretty limp with no real weight over it.

I found getting into the position quite difficult, let alone getting it to grind which is why I think it might be beneficial to break it down into two phases: ollieing into the position and then learning to be delicate/having the correct weight distribution/grinding, so that there isn't too much to think about at once. Also, like with most backside tricks, I find that trying to look at my back foot after popping generally helps me get my shoulders aligned properly.

For the lazy, text in bold is an important distinction I will work on. Trying to ollie up above the ledge and pointing my toe down feels overly complicated and gets the weight distribution all weird.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Lloyd Braun

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2020, 11:35:54 AM »
When I first learned them I did it to fakie that helped me as it was more like a back 180 just barely sliding the tail. Back tails are one of my favorites. For me I roll up at a slight angle, pop up and over the ledge and then rotate 90. Land on toes and slide for a few feet then come out.

Lots of good tips in here, I look straight down at my back foot never even thought to look over my shoulder I’ll have to try it. I can’t hold them for more than 3 feet maybe that would help.

ClayH

• Rep: 21
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2020, 12:32:52 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGtoKNHg0up/

I FINALLY learned these over the weekend and got a little back to back with the homie. For me, I've been able to get into them for years, but couldn't slide them and would either stick, or, on the rare occasion, slip out. They clicked for the first time the night of the clip and what it was for me was I had to

1. learned back smiths and back lips first. Huge help. Feels really really similar to a back smith.

2. back foot way further ON the tail, not hanging off the back in the slightest. This is what fixed my slide

3. hit the edge of the ledge at first, that way you don't have to think much about the slide and can think about getting in and out of it

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2020, 08:11:36 PM »

I FINALLY learned these over the weekend and got a little back to back with the homie. For me, I've been able to get into them for years, but couldn't slide them and would either stick, or, on the rare occasion, slip out. They clicked for the first time the night of the clip and what it was for me was I had to

1. learned back smiths and back lips first. Huge help. Feels really really similar to a back smith.

2. back foot way further ON the tail, not hanging off the back in the slightest. This is what fixed my slide

3. hit the edge of the ledge at first, that way you don't have to think much about the slide and can think about getting in and out of it

Coming out regular all proper and with authority, hope something in this thread was helpful for you.

Could you explain #2 a bit more? Do you mean when popping or sliding.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2020, 10:34:48 PM »

Damn that looked really good. I gave up on them after slipping out a few times but this thread is getting me hyped.

ClayH

• Rep: 21
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2020, 08:21:39 AM »
Thanks for the love, y'all.

With the back foot thing, it's more of a set-up thing so that I land with my back foot more centered (both laterally and vertically) and the sole of my shoe isn't touching the ledge. It also feels like it pushes my baseplate against the ledge and locks it better, as well as being able to stand on top of it easier. I wish I could explain with a picture, but imagine you're board as an x(width) and y(length) axis. I'm mainly talking about moving your back foot further up the y axis instead of being right on the edge of the tail. Less on the edge and more ON it. Might have been a personal problem that not everyone has, since i've been making that adjustment on a lot of tricks lately.

As for the slipping out, I had the same problem and it actually messed with my wrist pretty bad, which made me stop really going for them for a while. I don't think I would've realized it at the time, but I wasn't fully committed and standing up on top of it, which was making me slip out. Once I was really on top of it and had my head and shoulders looking OUT of the slide ready to come out to regs, I stopped slipping out and actually stuck a few times, which was weirdly refreshing, after slipping out constantly, cause that just meant I had to go faster and push on my back toes a bit more.

Whew, just typed an essay, but anything to get those sweet sweet back tails.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2020, 08:38:56 AM »
Being more confident on them, pushing faster and sliding further is definitely a great feeling. I was able to do them to fakie within 5 tries today, to regular took more control but I was rolling out to fakie on the fail attempts anyway.

Can't emphasize the importance of the push / nudge. It separates a lock in and no slide to lock in plus slide.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2020, 08:46:53 AM »
yo props that was a nice back tail
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2020, 10:34:04 PM »

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
BS Smiths and Lipslides! Can't get over the mental barrier to pop a BS 5-0 and point my toes down for the Smith. Can't bring myself to ollie up and over the top of the ledge to lock in the lipslide.
[close]

The way I learned back smiths was to get comfortable with getting into a smith going slow ish without grinding. Think about it more like a missed 5050 instead like a 5-0 where you tend to rocket your ollie a bit.

Once you're comfortable with getting into the back smith position and sticking, try going a bit faster, leaning not only back but also away from the ledge (toeside) when you get in. Also make sure you get into the ledge very gently (ollie into the grind, not onto it) and try have your board and lower body slightly ahead of your upper body and you should slowly be able to start grinding it a bit. Obviously put most of the weight on your back foot, your front foot is only meant to point the front of the board in a dipped position and for the most part should be pretty limp with no real weight over it.

I found getting into the position quite difficult, let alone getting it to grind which is why I think it might be beneficial to break it down into two phases: ollieing into the position and then learning to be delicate/having the correct weight distribution/grinding, so that there isn't too much to think about at once. Also, like with most backside tricks, I find that trying to look at my back foot after popping generally helps me get my shoulders aligned properly.

[close]

For the lazy, text in bold is an important distinction I will work on. Trying to ollie up above the ledge and pointing my toe down feels overly complicated and gets the weight distribution all weird.

Managed to land 2-3 of them yesterday, couple of sloppy non-dipped ones. Definitely easier once you have BS Tailslides since the pushing motion of the back foot is very similar. Much like the Tailslides, I think the key is to pop low and avoid dragging too high. I used to think of them as:
1) Ollie
2) Get the nose up
3) Lock the back truck in
4) Point the nose down

But like @tzhangdox said its much more like slotting your back truck into the side of the ledge as opposed to ollie up and poke down. The practice ledge I've been trying it on feels too low, I'll see if I get more success over the weekend on a taller ledge.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2020, 08:30:24 PM »
Gave them another go yesterday after dealing with some gear madness. Managed to get a nice lock in and slide with coming out regular but the ledge at my park had a huge screw sticking our the end which was fucking with my slide.

I found that looking under my left arm (I'm regular) helped me control the slide so my board didn't want to automatically come out to Fakie. I could actually look at how I was sliding. I think when people say look back as you slide: ideally you want to look over your shoulder, but for me I'm able to make it work looking under my arm below my bicep.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

NG

• Rep: 17
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2020, 07:28:10 AM »
okay this is a big one for me--actually got them to slide today but keep doing this weird one footed thing. Thoughts? I think i just need to go faster...but stoked! Thought back tails were a never gonna happen trick for me.

https://vimeo.com/478060274

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2020, 08:19:42 AM »
okay this is a big one for me--actually got them to slide today but keep doing this weird one footed thing. Thoughts? I think i just need to go faster...but stoked! Thought back tails were a never gonna happen trick for me.

Shit is looking good my dude, if you notice the slide it looks a little choppy and uneven. I would saw go a little more wax especially on the sides, then increase speed accordingly.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Skibb

• Rep: 68
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2020, 10:12:47 PM »

Yeah bud! And nice shoes as well. Pop into and landing onto all looks solid. Keep the slide a bit more under control by having your knees a bit more bent when sliding. Think of the difference between doing a bs powerslide with your knees straight vs. slightly bent - much easier.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2020, 11:01:04 PM »

You need to turn about 10 degrees more, but other than that looks good

NG

« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2020, 06:57:41 AM »
Thanks for the advice and kind words yall. Today was a breakthru--managed to land two of them on a 10" ledge to forward. Continuous slide and they felt awesome! Beyond stoked. I had a session two days ago where I wasn't even getting into them but today it just clicked.

Things that helped:

• I spent the time today getting my backside 5-0's feeling consistent and comfy.
  • Bending the knees during the slide.
  • Trying to use just my toe on the ledge; i realized the reason my slide was choppy is because my heel was dragging.

Appreciate yall and this thread for keeping the motivation up!

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2020, 02:28:12 PM »
I'd echo  what some other people have said in that in the beginning thinking of it like I was just doing a BS 180 but tapping my tail on the ledge helped. This is probably a super weird one, but I think doing a shove out is easier than just back tailing. I'm usually pretty light footed so I'd always stick but doing quick back tail shoves helped me figure out the weight distribution. Doing a shove out forced me to really put my weight on it.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2020, 09:30:53 PM »
My buddy just learned them, 1/2 the battle was building up the nerve to pop up high enough and slide blind side. Rather than think about "the nudge" he thinks about approaching them as a kickflip back tail. Makes zero sense to me but he's got a superb kickflip, guess it helps him get up and on top of the ledge.

Spent my morning trying to get 1 where I exit regular, have them coming out fakie pretty consistent. Only came close on 2 attempts out of 30. I figures that if my shoulders are parallel to the ledge when I slide, I get the look-back steeze and exiting regular comes more naturally. If I'm looking down at my feet and have my shoulders perpendicular to the ledge I naturally want to come out fakie, or I stick.

Led me to thinking about how this trick involves both upper and lower body control, sort of like disconnecting the hip (lower body) from the head and shoulders (upper body). Lower body (hips / legs) control the rotation and getting the weight on top of the board. The upper body (shoulders) maintains the momentum.

https://youtu.be/9dibBsXQBas?t=89
Hips and Nips, gotta keep it sexy. If not I don't eat.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2020, 07:35:46 AM »
To come out to forward, while I am sliding (I am regular) my board is in the bottom right of my vision and I am looking in front of me to spot the landing. I also find that having my front arm down helps me look over my shoulder. Hopefully this helps a bit with holding it and coming out to forward, it took me a long time to understand this trick but man it’s a fun one!

There was another post near the top about locking the weight in from the hips and not just the toes, I'll try that along with easing off the pressure closer to the exit.

Filmed a couple more last weekend, want to get them consist on coming out regular:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIQkcDYhNnL/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

NG

« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2020, 07:33:12 AM »
^^^2nded on the back Smith thread. Started trying those today and felt verrrry far from possible. Here's where I'm at with bsts-coming out regular off the end of the ledge but leaning super far on my heels. Maybe need to start the slide earlier on the ledge so I have some more time to adjust? Hmmm.

https://vimeo.com/490418681

Sarrah

• Rep: -3
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2020, 03:10:04 AM »
For all skateboarding tricks and tips visit these two posts -
http://switchmagazine.com/beginner-skateboard-tricks/
http://switchmagazine.com/advanced-skateboarding-tricks-step-by-step-guide-and-photos-to-make-skate-tricks-easy/
The writer has marvellously categorised all the tricks with photos and gifs.
These are like mini bibles.
Enjoy

TimidEricGreatJob

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2021, 10:08:29 AM »
I find looking down and back at your back foot as soon as you pop helps a bit.

I do this as well. I feel like Marius Syvanen is a good person to watch demonstrate that technique. He usually has an amazing backside tailslide in every video part.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2021, 06:18:12 PM »
Was working on them last night and got hit with some bro science from some with a great one:
1) Go fast, if you bail and the deck slips out you'll land past the ledge and not on it
2) If you want to come out regular, start at the very front of the ledge so you have more time to feel the slide and control your exit
3) Use your trucks to rub down the edge of the ledge to smooth it out, less cut into the baseplate

Only #2 worked for me, but he was blasting full speed, fully locked ones with a big spin out, so I ain't about to start arguing with his logic.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2021, 06:21:18 AM »
Was working on them last night and got hit with some bro science from some with a great one:
1) Go fast, if you bail and the deck slips out you'll land past the ledge and not on it
2) If you want to come out regular, start at the very front of the ledge so you have more time to feel the slide and control your exit
3) Use your trucks to rub down the edge of the ledge to smooth it out, less cut into the baseplate

Only #2 worked for me, but he was blasting full speed, fully locked ones with a big spin out, so I ain't about to start arguing with his logic.

There's definitely some truth to #1 but I think a bit more speed makes backtails easier in general too. I used to heavily heavily wax a ledge and have to be scared of slipping out which imo is worse than sticking.
I could see the logic with sliding longer letting you go to regular but more than anything I feel like how my shoulders are positioned decides if I go regular or fakie whether it's a long or short slide.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2021, 11:14:57 PM »
Been struggling to get them consistent again, I usually attribute it to having a worn in deck that won't stick to my back foot, rather than me being a whiny baby about my skills.

https://youtu.be/zgkofdnwv8E?t=193

I usually avoid YouTuber skate content creators but the bit on weight distribution, over-rotation and angle of approach is an interesting take on the trick. Skipped ahead to the mechanics of the trick in the video.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

dime a dozen trend skater

• Rep: 6
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2021, 04:13:19 PM »
I tried dedicating a session to these today and man, this seems like a Herculean task. I got my tail over the curb a grand total of one time every other try the board wouldn’t really stick to my feet and would just rocket pop off the ground while I planted my back foot on the curb.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2021, 09:20:39 PM »
I tried dedicating a session to these today and man, this seems like a Herculean task. I got my tail over the curb a grand total of one time every other try the board wouldn’t really stick to my feet and would just rocket pop off the ground while I planted my back foot on the curb.

Over the past week I managed to get them fairly consistent on a low ledge and even a knee high one, can get a lock 3/5 of the time and a slide every 6 tries or so. I break it down into 3 steps:
1) Pop - can be hard to commit to it especially when rolling blindside towards the ledge, but it's the 1st stage of commitment
2) Drag sideways - depending on how tall the ledge is, dragging side ways does 50% of the rotation and the lock, you actually pop much lower than you think you do, focusing on dragging sideways helps control the height and keeps the board connected to your back foot
3) Slot - this does the remaining 50% of the rotation but you have to slightly over-rotate the tail to lock in, that over-rotation helps get the baseplate contact but more importantly overcoming the inertia of the lock, I always reference the picture below when explaining the slot

After weeks of work I'm finally able to get them rolling out regular instead of just slipping out fakie. I found success just focusing on my lead hand (left) and tell myself to point it forward / parallel to the ledge during slides. That helped with keeping the shoulders parallel enough so my board was not over-rotated and forced out to fakie by momentum alone. Telling myself to keep my shoulder straight to the ledge resulted in under-rotation, so I would lock in only 45 degrees or I would stick after locking in.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2021, 03:55:26 AM »
Few observations:

-a curb is too low for that trick. 12”-14” ledge is ideal.
-you are floating the bs Ollie so you land on the ledge on the down.
-you over rotate the bs 180.

Try to get your back tail on quicker.

It’s hard on a curb (I’ve never tried one on something lower than a ledge) because you want catch the tail on the up. You only want to Ollie high enough to get on the ledge.

Check out @franc doing an air nollie to back tail in the ‘Old guys post here’ section. He has impeccable back tail on curb form. That’s your guy!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGNcWFAl0gX/
dope! I’ve only ever been able to do them nollie style but lately I’ve been powersliding/ slapping into them; essentially the same motion!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN9nM73FQOc/?igshid=1zzz2x2x90uu

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2021, 11:29:08 AM »
I have a perfect low ledge to learn these on and got a couple slipping out to fakie, completely surprising myself. The way I got there is starting off back tail stalling on curbs, rolling up to it at about 45 degree angle. Then, slowly decreased that angle until I just went for a ride on one and slipped out. After I felt how it slid I just thought about doing a back 180 and grazing my tail along the ledge.

Next step is to keep those shoulders straight and try to get the motion down to come out regs.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 12:25:59 PM by Urtripping »
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

dime a dozen trend skater

• Rep: 6
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2021, 05:37:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Over the past week I managed to get them fairly consistent on a low ledge and even a knee high one, can get a lock 3/5 of the time and a slide every 6 tries or so. I break it down into 3 steps:
1) Pop - can be hard to commit to it especially when rolling blindside towards the ledge, but it's the 1st stage of commitment
2) Drag sideways - depending on how tall the ledge is, dragging side ways does 50% of the rotation and the lock, you actually pop much lower than you think you do, focusing on dragging sideways helps control the height and keeps the board connected to your back foot
3) Slot - this does the remaining 50% of the rotation but you have to slightly over-rotate the tail to lock in, that over-rotation helps get the baseplate contact but more importantly overcoming the inertia of the lock, I always reference the picture below when explaining the slot

After weeks of work I'm finally able to get them rolling out regular instead of just slipping out fakie. I found success just focusing on my lead hand (left) and tell myself to point it forward / parallel to the ledge during slides. That helped with keeping the shoulders parallel enough so my board was not over-rotated and forced out to fakie by momentum alone. Telling myself to keep my shoulder straight to the ledge resulted in under-rotation, so I would lock in only 45 degrees or I would stick after locking in.

Well my problem was just committing to ollieing backside. Today I got into about 15 stalls where I just stand on them on the curb, the actual turn and lock in comes fairly naturally to me I just have to trick myself into doing 3/4s of a back 50-50 then turning at the last minute. I’m not quite confident enough to slide them but to be honest I’m just really excited to get stalls because a few days ago they seemed impossible.