Author Topic: Longest-Lasting Skate Gear You Still Use  (Read 3937 times)

dr.prestige

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 299
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Longest-Lasting Skate Gear You Still Use
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2021, 02:02:55 PM »
I'm not still wearing them but I got the first run of Janoskis with the leather laces and I remember those lasting longer than any other shoe I've skated, I was pretty surprised they held up as long as they did. I got another pair of Janoskis a year or two later and they wore out in a month or two, I think by that time they had moved their production to a different country so I blamed that for why they didn't last as long

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

Telly

• Rep: -150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2021, 03:18:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I've had the same tools that I stole from my dad back in 93.
[close]
Same

* just to clarify I ganked my shit from MY pops..not yours, I would never steal from your dad.
[close]

This but ‘97
Still can’t bring myself to buy a “skate tool”

Same.  I love tools, even single use tools, but never a skateboard tool.  I did buy an extra 1/4 breaker bar and the couple sockets I need to set up a deck/truck/wheels. (Check Craigslist for good deals on non snap-on American tools, especially cornwell, matco and sk.)  And/or the dewalt impact. 

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2021, 04:08:56 PM »

I would like to add some skate tools I didn’t see above. I’m the type to lose and repurchase only to find it a couple years later. Spitfire tool, grind king tool and new deal fix stix! Yes, I am old enough to use the phrase they don’t make stuff like they used to. These tools will easily last me for life and are 20+ years old minus the spitfire

Fix Stix!

That is a good one!!

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Phantasma Del Mar

• Rep: 7
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2021, 05:09:25 PM »

Don’t exactly use a magazine, but I didn’t wanna bump a super old thread. Doin spring cleaning and these are all the Slaps I found. Always loved that tattoo issue, slap was full of good ideas like that. I purged mostly everything mag wise except for anything Corey Duffel, Matty Hunt, and Metro skate shop (the hometown heroes)

Edit: Also if you wanna get technical my Consolidated blanket is in the background and that thing is super old and still going strong

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2021, 05:37:34 PM »
cruiser aside,

I had an old creature that would not quit. Wish I still had the deck sitting around.
My friends have been saying newer ones are weak and get stress fractures quickly.

plus one one the bones reds, but yea its a gamble, unless you want to pony up for the big balls

Fourmula 4s classic shape as well.
Did like my OJs better for the bigger transition and grip but not as good on street

no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2021, 07:45:29 PM »
cruiser aside,

I had an old creature that would not quit. Wish I still had the deck sitting around.
My friends have been saying newer ones are weak and get stress fractures quickly.

plus one one the bones reds, but yea its a gamble, unless you want to pony up for the big balls

Fourmula 4s classic shape as well.
Did like my OJs better for the bigger transition and grip but not as good on street

Bones Big Balls aren't worth it. Better off with SuperRedz or make the jump to Swiss6