Author Topic: What's it like buying weed in your area?  (Read 4535 times)

Digital Rasta

What's it like buying weed in your area?
« on: October 23, 2020, 11:40:06 AM »
I live in a medium sized city in California, I moved here in 2010 and have been buying weed from dispensaries consistently since then, although it has been a rollercoaster of pros and cons to the whole medical/recreational system in CA. For the first five years it was the wild west, 30,000+ recommendations in the county, 35-50 dispensaries, massive variations in price, quantity, atmosphere and quality of product and customer service from their employees. The laws changed a few times, shitloads of shops get raided and shut down, some survive but most never come back. For the past five years it has been at least three times I have pulled up to a dispensary and seen Police SUV's with K9 units in the parking lot. The cops shake the weed shops down for their cash to allow them to stay open while still periodically raiding them for 'breaking the county's strict rules'. Some places are still being dumb keeping a high profile with an online presence and making it obvious what they are doing. Since recreational passed only certain places still require recommendations and only a few have to check your State ID. For most of 2019 I was buying weed from this place close to my house, shitty as fuck ass shop- crack house vibe. Totally obvious and visible from the street, smells like weed from yards away. Decent prices but mostly shitty chemically-grown weed that is so harsh you can barely hit it. Rude ass budtenders who are constantly fucking up because they have been taking dabs since 9 AM, some straight up ripoff artists. Plastic CoVid tarp separating customers from staff making things awkward as fuck, can't smell or touch the weed total guessing game. Armed security making everybody nervous, and the employees are on watch for the police knowing they could be charged with felony distribution any day of the week for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. This situation slowly filtered all the decent budtenders and now all they have left are the dudes who think they are Tony Montana making minimum wage and collecting face tattoos. The shithole used to be a rub-and-tug massage parlor

In September I get a text from a homie who used to work at another shop I was going to in '17-'18, telling me there is a new dispensary in town and I've been loyal to this place ever since. It's discreetly located in an office building in an industrial park, tucked away and hidden from the street. The dudes who run it are cool, clean-cut smart dudes with checkered pasts (gang-related shit) but have moved on to be family men and health and wellness-oriented guys. Their 'front' for their business is that they liquidate overstock pallets from big box stores, and they sell high-quality CBD products too, ironically now they make more money from CBD than they do from selling flowers. Behind the counter is the secret stash of flowers and wax, some heavy Hybrid Indica (my shit) in stock all the time, strong Sativas if you want a head buzz, and if you want cheap they got bomb nuggy shake for $20 an eighth. Almost all is organic. They even got scented candles going to mask the smell and a fountain with lights in the lobby looking classy. These guys and their wives are so cool, such nice people and they hook me up just because I use to come to them all the time back in the day. They give me extra buds for trading clothes and shoes with them. I smoke a lot along with all my family and most friends so I am seriously ultra stoked that I have a place to cop my dope now that is clean, safe, reliable and trustworthy. Place just looks like a plain old office, if you didn't know you would never guess that they were selling bud in the CBD product room, they got a warehouse in the back for the trucks to unload the pallets everything looks legit. These dudes are killing it, they're in their late twenties and have already got it all figured out with how to get money without slaving away for the Man. A little more expensive and a little further from the crib but this place has got my support from here on out.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
Re: What's it like buying weed in your area?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 11:50:54 AM »
every once in awhile a friend will mention that they have a bunch of weed to sell and then i will mention that weed kinda makes me feel anxious these days and then i will eventually buy some anyway and then feel very anxious

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 11:54:24 AM »
every once in awhile a friend will mention that they have a bunch of weed to sell and then i will mention that weed kinda makes me feel anxious these days and then i will eventually buy some anyway and then feel very anxious

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Same

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 12:14:54 PM »
two options

Option one: go to store, buy weed

Option two: Text roommate, buy weed when he come home

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2020, 12:33:12 PM »
Rude ass budtenders who are constantly fucking up because they have been taking dabs since 9 AM,

I feel like this is standard of most of the 'low tier' dispensaries here in CA. At my cousins dispensary all they do is dab all day and sell shit weed to tweakers and broke people, and occasionally fight with them.

But yeah, shit sucks now ever since recreational went into effect because of ridiculous taxation and regulations. Back in the wild west days of medical, there was over 120 dispensaries representing all price tiers here in San Jose. Although a lot of them were illegally operated and let minors purchase because they would barely look at ID's and not require medical recommendations. Also, a lot of shit didn't get lab tested so edibles were strong as fuck at some places. Still, prices were like half of what they are now.

These days I have to watch my spending, so I found it cheaper if I dab instead of buying flower. I can go through a quarter of flower faster than I can dab a gram of concentrates, so I buy a weekly gram of budder for about $45 after tax.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2020, 02:29:03 PM »
I’m in Texas, I have 1 main plug and ounces run from 180-250 depending on the quality of the bud.
I usually buy the cheapest option my guy has. He always has good quality weed even when he had a cheaper and more expensive option.
I used to have to drive 30 min to meet up with him but now we live like 10 min away from each other.
 I had a dealer in the small town that I used to live in but he was not reliable with quality AND I used to sell him ounces of fully cbd bud and he told me he flips it as dro.
So I stopped buying from him and stopped selling cbd weed after a little while.

I usually snap chat my guy on fridays and ask if he will be available when I’m off work and he usually is.

One of my best friends has more plugs than me but his tend to be higher priced and it’s not always better weed.
But today he bought some really nice top shelf but it was $50 for the 8th.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 645
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2020, 02:59:53 PM »
I live in a beach town in California and we have a ton of dispensaries in our county, including one that's supposed to be really cool within walking distance of my house. I haven't been there yet because I have a sick dealer that has drivers who deliver straight to my house. He has a really good selection of weed, edibles, and other stuff that's way cheaper than dispensary prices (those taxes will really get you). I just got a half ounce from him for $70 the other day, which was his middle-tier stuff. I think his top tier weed is like $40ish an eighth, and his lowest tier is $20 an eighth. The middle-tier stuff is always good though. The dispensaries here are really nice and bougie, but I've been to some where the staff are kinda vibey and don't seem to be stoked.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1179
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2020, 04:24:34 PM »
I go to this big fat, 50-something year old redneck guy. He’s pretty cool I guess. Has like 6 cars parked in his front lawn and a really cute dog that looks like scooby doo.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2020, 05:12:06 PM »
I go to this big fat, 50-something year old redneck guy. He’s pretty cool I guess. Has like 6 cars parked in his front lawn and a really cute dog that looks like scooby doo.
This is the correct way to purchase weed.

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2020, 08:37:07 PM »
I had a guy where I used to live who just always sold me some of his that he got from a dispensary. I've moved and I have never boughten weed from one myself and I never wanted a card, or cared to. My grandma used to grow hers herself and I've been thinking about carrying on the tradition.

Also I have a bunch of CBD stuff, because it's so common, and that does absolutely nothing for me.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2020, 10:22:24 PM »
The government will deliver straight to my door.

https://www.sqdc.ca/en-CA/?origin=breadcrumb

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2020, 10:22:50 PM »
$30 ounces of medical indica popcorn shake from the local dispo.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

• Rep: 31
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2020, 10:35:52 PM »
SF is cool. I go to one in the Outer Mission and it’s legit. The lady checks your ID, you stand in line with other cool people, buy 4 gs of strong Indica hybrid for $23 and I’m set for a while.

My homegirl gives me edibles all the time so I don’t know how much those go for but I always have boxes in the stash. Seems expensive and I don’t really like the processed shit as much. I’m old school and cranky so I just like buds in the chillum or I’ll roll a pinner with Clubs.

The ones in Sac were more sketchy. I remember one in Midtown that smelled up the whole block. Don’t really notice a smell in other dispensaries so I don’t know if they were growing it in-house or what.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2020, 10:47:18 PM »
Drive 20 min to the dispensary since this wack ass town banned them all in the 8 years I was gone. Walk in, decide what I want out of every possible thing I COULD want, pay, leave.

It's embarrassing to say I vape, but I switched to vaping oil about a year ago, mainly use ROVE, price is kind of high, but it lasts long and is good quality. For me vaping oil is good because of the consistancy of the product if I want to buy it again. It's less harsh on my lungs, but here's to hoping I'm not going to get throat cancer in 15 years.

It's also rare that I actually enjoy the taste of weed, so thats good too, I also don't stink. But I love joints.

Featherdale wildlife park

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2020, 10:50:26 PM »
Send a text. Homie drops by. $80aus half oz, vacuum sealed. Prime SA buds. 🤤

numagik

• Rep: 35
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2020, 11:39:14 PM »
legalization fucked things up in canada for a minute but now the brand name shit is leaking out so you dont have to get it bone dry. that moisture requirement in the law is insanity

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2020, 12:13:43 AM »
that moisture requirement in the law is insanity
??

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2020, 05:48:20 AM »
Text my dude, he's pretty decent compared to some of the nightmare dealers I've had (this one kid looked like Bieber on meth and rode this fucked up old motorbike).

He's usually got a few choices, which is pretty rare for SA and just just started doing vape pens.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2020, 10:11:52 AM »
Gay Sweden: everything is illegal.

Brguy

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2020, 01:29:44 PM »
I'm in Brazil so it's usually just going into a very narrow alleyway where there's people selling drugs. There's a spot that they sell near one of those electricity towers, it would be really cool if they didn't ruin the place with their drug dealing, before people would just go there, make a fire and hang out.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2020, 02:55:51 PM »
I can walk a half mile down the road, prove I'm over 21 and purchase. There are only a handful of stores in my state that they allowed to do this. Its funny because there are 4 stores (of any kind) all together in this town, and one sells weed. Vacationland indeed.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1482
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2020, 02:57:50 PM »
I don't want to buy weed. I want to grow my own. I hate having a green thumb and not wanting to get my house seized. I'll be a 100 years old before I can do it legally.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1107
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2020, 03:11:17 PM »
I don't want to buy weed. I want to grow my own. I hate having a green thumb and not wanting to get my house seized. I'll be a 100 years old before I can do it legally.

You should! I grew for a hot minute and had a max of 3 autoflower plants going at a time and was able to smoke for two entire years off of just two harvests. If you have space for a 4 x 2 tent then you could absolutely do it and be very discreet about it. What type of draconian drug laws do you have where you live? 

numagik

• Rep: 35
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2020, 03:58:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
??
Because of the child safe packaging and supply chain of it all now that it's legal, the health authority has an absurd moisture limit that the weed has to be dried to to make sure it doesn't get moldy while sitting around. All the legal stores I've been to have tried to push year old shit but even if you get stuff that was packaged a month at the earliest and it still sucks. Edibles are limited to like 10mg/package too. It's gonna kill the industry up here

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/mar/18/cannabis-canada-legal-recreational-business

ogvados

• Rep: 5
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2020, 07:37:01 AM »
I stopped smoking weed and went sober but I tell you how it like buying weed in my area.

I live in a provincial city in Russia and it is not as easy to buy weed as anywhere else.

In Russia, there are several options to buy. One of the options is to know a plug. Most people sell shit or synthetic hash, but if you want to smoke good weed you need to know the weed growers.

The other option is much harder and more dangerous, but if you don't know anybody, it might work.

You need access to the darknet. You go to the onion website, sign up there and choose the product you want and all purchases are made at the expense of Bitcoin. You choose the area where you will be picking up your stuff. When you buy a product, you are given the coordinates and a photo of the place where the product is hidden. And now the hardest part is getting to that point and finding your stash. It can be really difficult, especially when dealers bury the goods, most often in the woods. The easiest way to pick up drugs is to hang them on a magnet. Very often the shops where the drugs are sold cheat people, they give out the wrong addresses or the weed stash are simply not there because someone has already stolen them. The police are also often in collusion with such shops and they turn their customers over to the police.

In Russia, the laws are very strict and brutal, and the police pigs who want to put you away or bribe you. They can put you in jail for a long time for weed. I could go to prison many times, I ran from the cops, I ran from the car, I was stopped by the cops when I just picked up the weed. Often I couldn't find a hidden point and left with nothing, spending hours looking for stuff. I've spent a lot of money and nerves on all this fucking stuff and I don't want to do it anymore.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 12:13:01 PM by ogvados »

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2020, 07:58:26 AM »
Funny, I grew up in Southern Russia in the 90's and the place was fucking flooded with heroin. Don't know about weed.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2020, 08:24:49 AM »
I drive 3 mins to a plaza by my house. There is a weed store, a deli/butcher, bakery a grocery store, and an lcbo. I pick up weed once a week or two while running errands. $21 1/8s, its pretty great.

Canada

mushroom slice

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2020, 08:58:29 AM »
I walk across the street and go to this place called Cookies.  It’s all right. Sometimes there is a line. The security guard showed me a video of a ufo on his phone once.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2020, 10:04:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
??
[close]
Because of the child safe packaging and supply chain of it all now that it's legal, the health authority has an absurd moisture limit that the weed has to be dried to to make sure it doesn't get moldy while sitting around. All the legal stores I've been to have tried to push year old shit but even if you get stuff that was packaged a month at the earliest and it still sucks. Edibles are limited to like 10mg/package too. It's gonna kill the industry up here

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/mar/18/cannabis-canada-legal-recreational-business
We have really shitty edible limits in California too. Edibles have always been a hassle for me I think because of my metabolism. I always had to get super strong ones to feel anything or make them myself really strong. I’d eat just a little bit of food so that they would (in my mind) stay in my stomach longer and have more time to get in my bloodstream. But even then I could eat big doses and might not get any effect. With the new laws I bought two packages of edibles and decided not to waste my money on them as long as 100mg is the limit for the whole package. It’s 10mg per serving limit and the package can only have a max of 100mg.

I will say I’m spoiled where I live. I haven’t bought weed out of town in many years. I went to a dispensary in San Diego a month ago and the prices are fucking ridiculous.

My little town I grew up in is one of the main commercial grow areas in the state now and they just made like $1-$1.5 million more off weed taxes than they did property taxes. They have more free cash now than they ever had, just a decade ago the city was on the verge of bankruptcy and getting rid of the police department.

DirtyHairHalo

• Rep: 0
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2020, 09:44:55 PM »
Super easy. Walk to the numerous weed shops in my hood.