Author Topic: What's it like buying weed in your area?  (Read 4489 times)

matty_c

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
Re: What's it like buying weed in your area?
« Reply #90 on: September 17, 2021, 09:15:27 PM »
Haha yeah full though the same thing when got it, no nice sized nugs in there haha
That was 120 a quarter people are charging crazy prices for green atm heard of real nice shit going for more

Got a mate that grows real small scale and mostly for fun, they usually good for like an ounce a month for 300, can’t really get much more than that out of them but I reckon am lucky to have that
listen to cosmic psychos

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #91 on: September 18, 2021, 01:13:24 PM »
Ironically I live in Canada and I still have “a guy” for flower pick ups. The dispensaries up here havent made it to washington state or Colorado. Plus any flower you buy under $12 a gram comes so poorly cured it turns too dust. Heres hoping our market gets over saturated and ends up like washington.

I get AAAA flower from my dude for $15 an 1/8th. $100 an ounce.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2021, 01:19:10 PM »
I don't smoke, but have gone into a bunch of dispensaries with friends. I live in Bend, Oregon where it's legal and there's like 20 easily accessible spots. They're super clean and feel like a doctor's office.

Irvine-Sucks.com

lydius

• Rep: 40
« Reply #93 on: September 21, 2021, 02:43:58 PM »
PDX is amazing for sampling flower, there is so much diversity in the metro area. AmeriCanna RX has maybe the biggest selection but the place feels like a shack and sort of sketchy. my favorites are Kings of Canna, which has ridiculous $3 grams on very kind nugs, and lately Deanz Greenz who sell flower from Lifestyle Farms, which incidentally David Gravette is part owner of or something. the Trainwreck, Lemon Meringue and Wonder Dawg (Williams Wonder x Chem Dawg) were all 4.50 a gram and have incredible aroma and taste.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2021, 04:00:22 AM »
Phone sucks as usual but this stuffs ok

listen to cosmic psychos

theoriginalgoon

• Rep: -63
  • eight equals d
« Reply #95 on: October 11, 2021, 07:37:47 AM »
the weed fairy
Me: I found skate Jesus.

Slap: Yeah, well maybe if he does the crucifix switch I will believe it.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2021, 05:17:40 AM »
We had the funniest situation in DC for awhile.  Weed was leagle to possess and smoke, but not leagle to sell or buy.  Some smart entrapreneaus had a genius idea to wrap some nice cars (Lexus, etc.) in weed leaf themes and cruise around the big bar areas on weekend nights.  For $10 a piece, they would drive you around the block and smoke everyone out, then drop you back off at the bar. 

VsisVi

• Rep: 0
« Reply #97 on: November 25, 2022, 11:36:03 AM »
It's pretty easy to buy weed in my area because I live in Canada now, and it's fully legal here. I can own up to 30 grams and grow up to 6 plants at home. It's immensely cool because I need weed to maintain a good quality of life.
I can order it from the weed store and top Burlington dispensary online and not worry about any issues with the police. Many people I know buy it from the same place.
It's cool that the government doesn't mess with what we want to consume and how to spend our leisure time. For instance, I love to relax after work and smoke a good joint, and I don't want any president or a PM to tell me I cannot do that.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 06:56:52 PM by VsisVi »

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2022, 03:09:08 AM »
I live in Finland and it’s fucked out here. Weed is super illegal, if they caught you they’ll give you fine and raid your home to see if you’re growing… I like to smoke at home so that’s not big of an issue for me, been smoking daily since -98 and got busted once which was my own fault but it sucks still.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #99 on: November 26, 2022, 10:14:31 AM »
The native reservation around the corner from me has a dispensary and I buy 25$ quarters from them once every 2 weeks. My tolerance is super low these days so I take one rip and I’m fucked for like 2 hours. Can’t understand how I used to be blazed at work all the time but then again since I quit smoking so much I switched jobs and now build air ducts so there’s no room to fuck around like that.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2024, 04:06:25 AM »
Buying weed has become more accessible everywhere, and my experience has been pretty positive thanks to a friend who opened a dispensary. It's not just because he's my friend, but his shop uses some pretty cool tech to stay ahead. He's got this affordable pre-roll infusing equipment that makes a difference. The machine, called Jiko, can infuse pre-rolls of different sizes, adjusting pressure and temperature to get the infusion just right. It's got a touchscreen for easy adjustments, which means the quality of what I'm buying is consistently great. This kind of automation helps him keep prices fair while offering top-notch products.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 07:02:46 AM by brucewillis »

bartlaser

• Rep: 16
« Reply #101 on: February 15, 2024, 05:07:04 AM »
I prefer to cop from my dude.  Much better rates than the shops around me.  But I think he's getting out of the game so now I'll have to pay top dollar at a dispensary.  A $40 1/8 ends up being $48.25 after tax.  Not idea for my rate of consumption.

I do like getting CBD flower from this one shop in town.  Its way cheaper and I like mixing a little of that with my high test bud to achieve various levels of stonyness.

All I buy is flower though.  None of that novelty bullshit.  And I decarb all my bud so its ingestible as well as combustible.

What kind of taxes are some of yall paying on top of the sticker price at shops?

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #102 on: February 15, 2024, 06:38:43 AM »
I know a bunch of different growers all around the country (Canada).

Just hit ‘em up on Wickr/Telegram and they over-night it to me.

Legal weed is pretty bad here.

breezer

• Rep: -17
« Reply #103 on: February 15, 2024, 07:54:06 AM »
UK weed market had been transformed in last few years........my guy now sends a menu, with about a dozen choices - green, vapes, solid, shatter etc......its quite unbelievable the evolution from the dark old days of eighths of 'rocky' cut from 'soap bars'. 

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #104 on: February 17, 2024, 04:53:25 PM »
UK weed market had been transformed in last few years........my guy now sends a menu, with about a dozen choices - green, vapes, solid, shatter etc......its quite unbelievable the evolution from the dark old days of eighths of 'rocky' cut from 'soap bars'.

I also live in the UK but my experience is very different. Although we might have these instagram accounts with their menus and whatnot, the weed they sell is all the same (at least where I live - north east). You can find weed that smells different when you buy it, but after a while, and especially when it burns, it smells the same. I am sure the local market is dominated by the same 3 growers who never flush the plants, and who have been growing only varieties of "dawg" the last 4 years. All weed is this super dense, heavy nug type, smells like stardawg and just gets me paranoid, without getting me stoned. I now just quit, and have a puff from my girlfriend's joint once a month or so (I regret it every single time I do, because of how it makes me feel). The reason I say that the weed is not up to par is because the times I made concentrates recently, I had extremely low yield even though I used very "heavy"/dense weed that smelled super strong and made me extremely paranoid. I tried different methods too, that I have used for over a decade.
In the late 90's to mid 00's, weed was all different and the strains were very distinct, from the looks to the smell, density, stickiness, and high they gave you. I would prefer cheap hash than this chemical monstrosity they sell now.
I don't know what the situation is in other areas, and I am sure you can get decent weed in London but Newcastle/Sunderland are shit rn.
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2024, 07:13:25 PM »
What's pre ground cost in your area. What's the numbers on the THC level of the example?

I just got a half zipper for 50-60 bucks. The numbers was kinda low tho. For 75 you can break 20% at my local.

I'm in love with someone there maybe. Idk. They're awesome so I come back.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2024, 01:15:37 AM »
What's pre ground cost in your area. What's the numbers on the THC level of the example?

I just got a half zipper for 50-60 bucks. The numbers was kinda low tho. For 75 you can break 20% at my local.

I don't know if your post was directed to me, but I am not sure on the actual thc content. I wish I could measure that. I don't buy it any more because it sucks. Last time I checked it was around £50-60 for a quarter. To be honest, I don't care about thc content, as long as the gear tastes nice and gives me a pleasant high. The weed I have been complaining about is full of chemicals. Even the way it sticks to the bag or other surfaces is not what I have been used to the last 30 years. Just different.
Expand Quote
[close]

addie pray

• Rep: -522
  • u a whole goofy
« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2024, 06:08:11 AM »
fuck chem weed

fuck a dispo

fuck da system

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2024, 10:02:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I don't know if your post was directed to me, but I am not sure on the actual thc content. I wish I could measure that. I don't buy it any more because it sucks. Last time I checked it was around £50-60 for a quarter. To be honest, I don't care about thc content, as long as the gear tastes nice and gives me a pleasant high. The weed I have been complaining about is full of chemicals. Even the way it sticks to the bag or other surfaces is not what I have been used to the last 30 years. Just different.

Yeah this PG stuff is kinda a bummer this time.
It tastes bad and it's hard to get high
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

breezer

• Rep: -17
« Reply #109 on: February 19, 2024, 05:39:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I also live in the UK but my experience is very different. Although we might have these instagram accounts with their menus and whatnot, the weed they sell is all the same (at least where I live - north east). You can find weed that smells different when you buy it, but after a while, and especially when it burns, it smells the same. I am sure the local market is dominated by the same 3 growers who never flush the plants, and who have been growing only varieties of "dawg" the last 4 years. All weed is this super dense, heavy nug type, smells like stardawg and just gets me paranoid, without getting me stoned. I now just quit, and have a puff from my girlfriend's joint once a month or so (I regret it every single time I do, because of how it makes me feel). The reason I say that the weed is not up to par is because the times I made concentrates recently, I had extremely low yield even though I used very "heavy"/dense weed that smelled super strong and made me extremely paranoid. I tried different methods too, that I have used for over a decade.
In the late 90's to mid 00's, weed was all different and the strains were very distinct, from the looks to the smell, density, stickiness, and high they gave you. I would prefer cheap hash than this chemical monstrosity they sell now.
I don't know what the situation is in other areas, and I am sure you can get decent weed in London but Newcastle/Sunderland are shit rn.

I hear what you are saying......but I can't comment on how things are round your way.  But you might be right about all the choices being similar if not the same, and not necessarily being great quality.
Have you checked out 'drew is sharing' on youtube.  He's done a pretty comprehensive study of the UK weed market and there is definitely a broad variety of strains available. 

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #110 on: February 19, 2024, 02:18:45 PM »
^ Thanks, gonna have a look. As said above, I am sure there is variety in the UK. Just my local market is all the same shitty stuff.
Expand Quote
[close]

SupremePizza

• Rep: 42
« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2024, 11:22:09 AM »
I moved from LA to Seattle in 2018. More recreational shops started to pop up and I remember buying 1/8ths for like $30-35 sometimes. I visited LA last year and was shocked at how expensive everything had gotten. If it weren't for all the first time deals I would have spent more. I now live about an hour out of Seattle and the town doesn't allow dispensaries so I drive to the next town over and do a weekly haul at the dispensary since it's 30% off every Saturday. I do miss the old days where they would weigh the flower in front of you and let you smell it before you buy.

meaningless mess

• Rep: 37
« Reply #112 on: February 22, 2024, 01:59:39 PM »
Not legal in any sense here in Tennessee, but I've got friends to go through if I'm running super low. Otherwise, I'll take a trip to MO where it's recreational.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2024, 01:47:30 PM »
 Been seeing and smelling weed store weed all over now that im in Babylon. All smells the same. I know its weed, but its almost as if the “breeders” are working toward a uniform floral smell far removed from the traditional “skunk” aroma. Its all somewhere in the GSC lineage- strong weed with high yields and big buds, topped off with industrial weed ag approved foods and ferts, youve got the homogenization of a market. No different than all the mr. nice going around for years and years being called “purpz” or “kush” or “piff” or whatever.

If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Ninj2

• Rep: -50
« Reply #114 on: February 26, 2024, 01:41:44 PM »
Buying weed is so 2010. It literally grows on trees. If you buying weed in 2024 first of all thank you but also you need some friends that grow.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
« Reply #115 on: February 26, 2024, 01:59:55 PM »
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #116 on: February 28, 2024, 06:35:19 AM »
The weed situation in New York right now is bizarro world. We’re basically swimming in the shit but quality and prices are all over the map.

Basically our last governor was getting trouble for some sexual harassment and he thought that he could save his reputation if he jammed a weed legalization bill through overnight. So it’s one of weirdest and most poorly planned legalization laws in the country.

Now like 50% of the bodega storefronts have converted into unlicensed weed stores. Most of them sell products with California labels on them but there’s no way to verify what’s real and what’s fake. I don’t know who buys that shit. Probably high school kids, tourists, and people who don’t know any better.

There are very few actual licensed dispensaries because of all the red tape involved in doing shit legally. The ones that do exist are totally fine, but there aren’t enough quality growers to provide them with truly top tier product yet. Multi-state operators (corporate weed brands) aren’t allowed to come into our market yet but they will be in another year or two. I don’t know what that will look like but it will probably be a whole other mess.

A lot of people still use delivery services just like they did before legalization. The menus have gotten much larger and in my experience they still have the best products.

But now, to cope with all the competition from bodegas and licensed shops, a lot of the delivery companies have started selling other shit. Pretty much all of them sell mushrooms (or “mushroom products” like synthetic psilocybin gummies, which is a whole other issue), and some even started selling acid, k, molly, etc. So unfortunately the legalization process has pushed some vendors into sketchier and more dangerous products.

I’m all for making those things more widely available if it’s safe and regulated, but they’re most likely being shipped thru supply chains in China and Mexico that also process fentanyl so there’s an inherent risk of cross-contamination with all those products, which I think a lot of people underestimate. When you buy K from the friendly neighborhood weed dealer who you trust there’s a real danger of false confidence in what you’re getting.

In light of all this I would recommend that people learn to use fent test strips if you do any drugs other than weed, it could save your life

kook1234

« Reply #117 on: February 28, 2024, 10:09:43 AM »
the haze is purple, the diesel is sour

kook1234

« Reply #118 on: February 28, 2024, 10:12:52 AM »
Now like 50% of the bodega storefronts have converted into unlicensed weed stores. Most of them sell products with California labels on them but there’s no way to verify what’s real and what’s fake. I don’t know who buys that shit. Probably high school kids, tourists, and people who don’t know any better.

stopped by a dispensary last time I was in NYC and walked out after seeing everything with California labels and was told I could pay by card