Author Topic: What's it like buying weed in your area?  (Read 4490 times)

InternetDaddy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
Re: What's it like buying weed in your area?
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2020, 12:11:50 PM »
Picking up one of those weird ass King Weedy shirts with the "complimentary gift" has been a highlight of every trip to DC I've taken over the past few years. Wasn't there a post here a few years back, right after cannabis was decriminalized in DC, about someone or their buddy living above a weed shop and the alley next door consistently being filled with never-worn souvenir shirts? Too funny.

hahaha, a friend of mine lived near there and confirmed that the trashcans in that neighborhood always had at least one of their shirts. I know a girl who orders from this service where you get random art prints from Gallaudet students with every order so her bathroom walls are just covered in weird prints now, it's pretty neat.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

RENTSTRIKE

• Rep: 8
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2020, 04:29:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Picking up one of those weird ass King Weedy shirts with the "complimentary gift" has been a highlight of every trip to DC I've taken over the past few years. Wasn't there a post here a few years back, right after cannabis was decriminalized in DC, about someone or their buddy living above a weed shop and the alley next door consistently being filled with never-worn souvenir shirts? Too funny.
[close]

hahaha, a friend of mine lived near there and confirmed that the trashcans in that neighborhood always had at least one of their shirts. I know a girl who orders from this service where you get random art prints from Gallaudet students with every order so her bathroom walls are just covered in weird prints now, it's pretty neat.

Hah! I've heard about the service where you get prints from Gallaudet students too, but don't recall if that was here on SLAP or through an episode of Streetfight Radio.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2020, 04:47:46 PM »
Australia is awful you either get nasty hydroponic weed or bush weed and it's rare that anyone knows what strain it is.

Shit I smoke is like cholesterol, gotta find a grower or diy, boys I rate mephisto autos if ya can find em but a lot of people aren’t shipping anymore
Easier said than done but there’s growers out there similar to a buyers club, gotta get on every month or so but you look after your boy and they’ll look after you. My shit comes in glass jars with strain and pheno labelled I like nerding out on high quality weed
It’s all out there, tinctures, rso, bho, shatter, shit that goes in a vape pen. The only think I have had difficulty obtaining is live resin. I’m sure someone has a vacuum oven somewhere though
listen to cosmic psychos

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2020, 05:01:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Australia is awful you either get nasty hydroponic weed or bush weed and it's rare that anyone knows what strain it is.
[close]

Shit I smoke is like cholesterol, gotta find a grower or diy, boys I rate mephisto autos if ya can find em but a lot of people aren’t shipping anymore
Easier said than done but there’s growers out there similar to a buyers club, gotta get on every month or so but you look after your boy and they’ll look after you. My shit comes in glass jars with strain and pheno labelled I like nerding out on high quality weed
It’s all out there, tinctures, rso, bho, shatter, shit that goes in a vape pen. The only think I have had difficulty obtaining is live resin. I’m sure someone has a vacuum oven somewhere though

I have a couple of packs of Mephisto seeds actually. Forgotten Cookies and Samsquanch. The seed packs are like gold nowadays and I plan on holding onto mine for years to come.

Telly

• Rep: -150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2020, 05:36:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Hah! I've heard about the service where you get prints from Gallaudet students too, but don't recall if that was here on SLAP or through an episode of Streetfight Radio.

That’s amazing.  My dad has a graduate degree from Gallaudet(hearing, was a deaf educator).  Never see much mention of it.  Might need to take a trip and buy him a print.  He wouldn’t like the gift, so win-win.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2020, 05:42:05 PM »
If you haven’t had them in the fridge maybe don’t start now but please look after them!
A friend knows those lads, they’ll be back
I know those strains you mentioned and they are great
My favourite of theirs is gold glue but haven’t had any of that in a long time
listen to cosmic psychos

eSK3

« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2020, 04:22:18 AM »
Super chill. You go on the dispensary website. Pick what you want. Select the pick up time. Drive up, show I.D. Walk in and pay and go home. Everything is super clean, very professional and friendly staff. Glad I live in this state. Can’t even imagine worrying about catching a case over a bit of trees.

Clone1984

• Rep: 6
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2020, 02:01:36 AM »
I live in cali so most of above however I am mental so when I got my rec the doctor said I can only smoke indicas and the budtenders even after I tell them that still screw up my strain when recommending product. like these kids need to know what they are selling and most of them dont. I'm all for legalizing it but I think it was all better like 10 years ago. I rarely dabble these days anyway. I can only smoke for like three days before I start to feel funky.

drdabber

• Rep: -2
    • Best Dab Pen avatar image
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2021, 11:40:25 PM »
You can buy it but you should use it with a dab rig or a CBD vape pen to get the most out of it.
You can check it here: https://www.drdabber.com/collections/cbd
Visit the website so, you can find more products and information:
https://www.drdabber.com

hartt3

• Rep: 5
« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2021, 11:46:38 PM »
the doctor said I can only smoke indicas

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2021, 10:10:51 AM »
I buy directly from 3 craft growers, one in BC and two in Ontario, the best Canada has to offer. There's hundreds of Online Weed retailers, but I work with those three only now.

Canadian legal weed is terrible and I'd rather support the black market, stuff is so much better and cleaner when you get it from the right place.

I ask for their menu on Wickr, make a selection, send EMT and get my tracking # an hour later. Takes two days to get to my place and the mailman brings it directly to my door. Been like this for six years. That's how I buy my mushrooms as well.

Plenty of websites also, for mushrooms only as well. There's something for everyone, whether you're looking for a 99$ oz or want the high-end 300$ oz, it's there and so easy to find. It's just like purchasing on Amazon.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2021, 12:09:18 PM »
I buy directly from 3 craft growers, one in BC and two in Ontario, the best Canada has to offer. There's hundreds of Online Weed retailers, but I work with those three only now.

Canadian legal weed is terrible and I'd rather support the black market, stuff is so much better and cleaner when you get it from the right place.

I ask for their menu on Wickr, make a selection, send EMT and get my tracking # an hour later. Takes two days to get to my place and the mailman brings it directly to my door. Been like this for six years. That's how I buy my mushrooms as well.

Plenty of websites also, for mushrooms only as well. There's something for everyone, whether you're looking for a 99$ oz or want the high-end 300$ oz, it's there and so easy to find. It's just like purchasing on Amazon.

There's so much propaganda in the states that presents black market weed as chemical, mildewed, or supporting organized crime. People are saying "it might be expensive at the shop, but I know its been tested." Give me a break.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2021, 12:34:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

There's so much propaganda in the states that presents black market weed as chemical, mildewed, or supporting organized crime. People are saying "it might be expensive at the shop, but I know its been tested." Give me a break.

Same in Canada. I've seen legal weed with mold, some that wasn't properly flushed and burned black, some that can barely stay lit and some that was so dry, it'd crumble on the drive home. Some just tastes like straight-up ass, I've had better tasting cigarettes than this crap. A lot of it smells like hay, some has a faint skunky smell, but overall it's bad. My shit smells through a mason jar, burns snow-white and tastes like a blue popsicle.

It's terrible and I haven't bought any since the week they legalized it back in 2019. Some of my friends smoke it regularly and it always looks so disappointing. It's essentially what low-mids were back in the mid 2000's. Price-wise, there's no difference from black market stuff. If anything, the black market is better than ever and much more accessible these days due to prices being the same. Cool thing is cops don't give a shit unless you're affiliated with either gangs, the mafia or the Hell's Angels.

The growers I buy from are just regular-ass dudes who are super passionate about growing amazing flower. Took me a while to find them, but I'm stoked on the whole thing.

Edit: I’m talking about Quebec’s legal scene, I don’t know what it’s like other provinces.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 02:28:15 PM by TheBoognish »

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2021, 05:22:38 AM »
I drive past the building I used to do substance abuse therapy (for weed) to get to the dispensary.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2021, 05:58:19 AM »
back home: part time plug means i get it on wholesale

on the road: either getting spitroasted by dispensary prices or i take a cut of my trimming proceeds in product depending on where i am in the country

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2021, 06:20:57 AM »
I pay $100 for a q of the good stuff in DC. You can get an ounce of mids for 100 but it doesn’t get me high.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2021, 10:20:17 AM »
I pay $100 for a q of the good stuff in DC. You can get an ounce of mids for 100 but it doesn’t get me high.

I'm curious what mids are these days? seedless brown weed? seeded brick weed?

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2021, 10:59:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm curious what mids are these days? seedless brown weed? seeded brick weed?
The pack was green but when you smoke it it hits a lot less smoother than the exotics you’d get at say Entourage another DC provider.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2021, 03:33:27 PM »
The dispensaries (Lynn Salem) suck as of late. More than just lately.

I don't understand how things ended up this way. The black market is barely hanging on and it's a pain in the ass to deal with.

People are trying to sell shit that's rotten or whatever.

I wish I could go back to right when legalization happened. That seems to be the high point in street bud.

I hope to get the October call soon. Go trimming get some bud.

I kind stopped talking to everyone outside of slap.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

cky enthusiast

« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2021, 06:18:33 PM »

I don't understand how things ended up this way. The black market is barely hanging on and it's a pain in the ass to deal with.

I wish I could go back to right when legalization happened. That seems to be the high point in street bud.

i was just in salem and had the opposite experience, my homie there is a wild stoner and had a lot of good herb. and the lil park there is fun

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2021, 07:48:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i was just in salem and had the opposite experience, my homie there is a wild stoner and had a lot of good herb. and the lil park there is fun

Insa?
(A)pl(E)

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2021, 07:56:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Insa?

I've had herb from those Salem shops before, it was really subpar. There's some decent small growers in MA/RI these days, but what I hear from homies and see any time I'm back, is that the fire is coming from Maine. ME has been growing the finest herb on the beast coast for decades now. Pretty good outdoor and the indo game is on point. @Seventyfuhkinseven knows about that shit  8)

@Uncle Flea

what are you seeing for black market buds and prices in your neck of the woods? Is it all molding west coast outdoor or what?

From what I'm hearing, it seems like a pretty average price for seedless outdoor/greenhouse is 125-150/zip. Indoor starting at 200 up to 350/zip for that exotic fire from Maine. I'm always curious what different price points are at different points in the state

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2021, 08:07:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Insa?
[close]

I've had herb from those Salem shops before, it was really subpar. There's some decent small growers in MA/RI these days, but what I hear from homies and see any time I'm back, is that the fire is coming from Maine. ME has been growing the finest herb on the beast coast for decades now. Pretty good outdoor and the indo game is on point. @Seventyfuhkinseven knows about that shit  8)

I can vouch for this, I think its harder to find bad weed than good weed. And like 90% of the good weed is REALLY good

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2021, 09:00:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Insa?
[close]

@Uncle Flea

what are you seeing for black market buds and prices in your neck of the woods? Is it all molding west coast outdoor or what?

From what I'm hearing, it seems like a pretty average price for seedless outdoor/greenhouse is 125-150/zip. Indoor starting at 200 up to 350/zip for that exotic fire from Maine. I'm always curious what different price points are at different points in the state

Most of the homies go to Maine.
Don't know the prices for sure it's probably around 200 zip.

Local to Marblehead Salem Lynn I gave up on street weed.

Rn I got a fist full of this HG out of Merrimack valley. Indoor shit by an old homie.

It was free.
(A)pl(E)

cky enthusiast

« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2021, 11:46:22 AM »
i did some work up in maine awhile ago. shit was so skunky i got nauseous after a few hrs

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2021, 12:08:07 PM »
i did some work up in maine awhile ago. shit was so skunky i got nauseous after a few hrs

clip clip here clip clip there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBhhXAMl9nE

Fhk

« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2021, 05:15:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Insa?
[close]

@Uncle Flea

I sure do homey! It's all good up here.

Fhk

« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2021, 05:01:06 PM »

Found a new place when I was out of town, and got a free lollipop. Not a bad day.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2021, 08:09:42 PM »
It’s rad how it comes all packaged and stuff

This stuffs alright
listen to cosmic psychos

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #89 on: September 17, 2021, 08:34:01 PM »
It’s rad how it comes all packaged and stuff

This stuffs alright

what's those little buds run you? I'm always curious to see what people are paying for what all over the place