Author Topic: Your preferred Slip ons?  (Read 5374 times)

Murge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
Re: Your preferred Slip ons?
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2020, 06:11:24 AM »
winos have the most superior shape for flick imo, that's always been the most important thing for me

Same here. Like almost every recent emerica shoe I’ve had(Americana ,wino slip,Dickson) the flick is just better. Idk what it is but it just works for me. 

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2020, 06:09:06 AM »
What is the difference in shape from Vans to Emerica? Wider/narrower? Rounder/more pointy? Was thinking about trying those cupsole Emerica slips when they come out, but I can't deal with pointy toes, so I won't get my hopes up if that's the case. The Vans ones don't work for me because the collar is too low and I can't handle vulcs anymore, but I never had an issue with the toe shape.

Gasstationgarry

• Rep: 0
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2020, 02:17:54 AM »
What is the difference in shape from Vans to Emerica? Wider/narrower? Rounder/more pointy? Was thinking about trying those cupsole Emerica slips when they come out, but I can't deal with pointy toes, so I won't get my hopes up if that's the case. The Vans ones don't work for me because the collar is too low and I can't handle vulcs anymore, but I never had an issue with the toe shape.
Emericas are in my opinion narrower and have a sharper toe, I've never skated their cups but Ive been through 4 pairs of dicksons and have been only skating them for about two years and the flick is definitely more "ballet shoe" than vans
blob:https://imgur.com/99a29482-a4b4-4bd4-935b-d63d9db0e647

SlapTM

• Rep: 242
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2021, 01:14:04 PM »

Apologize for the bump but a lot of people in this thread were asking when the Wino Slip Cups were dropping and they're arriving to shops now and come with a free zine that Spanky created for this capsule. Couple new color ways for Spring are coming as well as some other rider color ways.

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2021, 08:00:45 PM »
I’ve never skated slip ons. I don’t even have any aside from some Adidas Lite Racers. Lace up Vans Pros don’t fit great so I dunno how slip ons would work. And don’t get me started on janoskis. They’re for people with banana feet.

Richard Skidder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 460
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2021, 05:38:21 PM »
I’ve never skated slip ons. I don’t even have any aside from some Adidas Lite Racers. Lace up Vans Pros don’t fit great so I dunno how slip ons would work. And don’t get me started on janoskis. They’re for people with banana feet.
As a person with banana feet I would like to point out that Janoskis don’t work for me either.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2021, 06:06:47 PM »
Anyone try the NB# Foy slips yet?

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2021, 07:27:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
As a person with banana feet I would like to point out that Janoskis don’t work for me either.
What’s your deal with them? Mine is that I have to go up like 2.5 goddamn sizes to fit width-wise. The result is actual clown shoes.

Jory4

• Rep: 106
« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2021, 01:24:05 AM »

Cross post from the shoe thread but as I started this I guess I’ll post this.

Few sessions in on the spanky slip cup. Only mellow mini ramp and curbs so far. Really liking them so far. Went half size down. Feel very secure “around” your foot, especially over the heel, compared to a vans pro slip. Good cushioning and board feel and flick ( for my limited skills ) feels good.

They have a nice cushioned feel over the top of the foot, not too thick but enough that your foot doesn’t feel as “exposed” to knocks as it does in a suede vans. Basically very much a slip on version of the spanky g6 which is no bad thing at all.

Loving them so far.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2021, 02:07:06 AM »
I love the etnies veer slip, I think it has been phased out but really underrated shoe.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2021, 05:11:29 AM »
I love the etnies veer slip, I think it has been phased out but really underrated shoe.

Yeah I wish they kept those going. You can find some on sale now. I’m hoping the wino cup sticks around to take its place.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 06:36:55 AM by Murge »

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2021, 06:12:52 AM »
The old slip-on pros skate really well, Also tried a pair of adidas match-court slip-ons and were de the worst shoes I ever skated.

I'm down to try the Marana Slip-ons, the Barney Page colorway is great. Does anybody have tried them?