Author Topic: Nose manuals tips...  (Read 562 times)

El Fapinator

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -263
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
Nose manuals tips...
« on: October 24, 2020, 09:07:10 PM »
Every time I try to get in to them I lean to far forwards or something squirrelly happens, what’s the deal?
Dueces Bitch's

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 839
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Nose manuals tips...
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 11:07:08 PM »
I always over do one, then under do one....then lock in eventually....

No one old me about the toe...that works for me....hang my front toe, and push towards the wheel locks it in. 

peterpenis

• Rep: -3
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 11:42:09 PM »
While learning, what helped me "lock in" was approaching at an slight angle, so kinda doing a backside nosemanual.

My front foot is slightly facing forward and not parallel, also helps with bailing since you just can walk out.

Mbrimson88

• Rep: 23
  • Aussie skate shop guy
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2020, 03:52:19 AM »
I feel like you would have watched the how to videos, so will not post here, but often to stand on your board on carpet or surface outside that will not move and balance it and see if that works.

Feet both just outside of the bolts on the kicks, but not too far, usually just in the scoop area I find the best, but see how that works to hold it for a bit doing that.

Always try to put the wheels down before putting the nose down as well.

I talk too much.  Sorry.

Billy Bitchcakes

• Rep: 113
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2020, 04:33:24 AM »
Don't be leaning your body over the front before you pop, you need to shift it forward as you're in the air instead. Also make sure you lock up your front leg when you get in or you'll collapse over the front
Stop hating and actually learn something about textile production. You dont know shit about that.

Mbrimson88

• Aussie skate shop guy
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2020, 06:35:48 AM »
On second thought, this is probably best for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c2oql5epAo
I talk too much.  Sorry.

Mbrimson88

• Aussie skate shop guy
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2020, 06:39:47 AM »
Ben actually breaks things down really nicely if you have the time to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtpmmU7ArCU
I talk too much.  Sorry.

Beeker

• Rep: 11
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2020, 07:14:16 AM »
Doing stationary nose manuals for hours really did it for me. I used cruiser wheels so I could do it in the house. It came natural to ollie into it after I spent mucho time just building my nose manual balance. Spend 15 minutes a day working them out on a pad and some extra time at home working on your balance and they will come in no time.

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 10
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2020, 12:56:20 PM »
im not the greatest at them but I found practicing on flat and doing curb high ollies into nose manuals helped a lot with the feel of landing in them, and if you have enough space you just hold them as long as you can.

Someone once told me that when holding the nose manual, focus on keeping the back truck in the air. It seems redundant but that mind trickery helped me become comfortable making those adjustments while balancing

Beeker

• Rep: 11
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2020, 06:13:39 PM »
im not the greatest at them but I found practicing on flat and doing curb high ollies into nose manuals helped a lot with the feel of landing in them, and if you have enough space you just hold them as long as you can.

Someone once told me that when holding the nose manual, focus on keeping the back truck in the air. It seems redundant but that mind trickery helped me become comfortable making those adjustments while balancing

I think about keeping the tail in the air, but I do it when getting into them, it does seems to make it more consistent.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2020, 10:56:24 PM »
Yep....when I keep fucking up my front foot I focus on getting my back foot right.....

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 845
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2020, 12:57:42 PM »
Every time I try to get in to them I lean to far forwards or something squirrelly happens, what’s the deal?

You have to think of them as exactly what they are which is a weight shift from the back leg (for the pop) over to the front leg (for the position). If you didn't have a skateboard under your feet, you'd basically be doing a sidestep (I actually tell kids that a lot to help them figure out ollies). Ollieing into them on flat is harder than doing it up stuff, I'd recommend finding a low curb to start, or if you're comfortable with shove-its with no pop try and learn to hold shove-it nosewheelies on flat (since you don't pop that trick it's not as disorienting to try to figure out the jump, and without an obstacle you have less parameters hindering your grasp on the subtleties of the trick itself). Funny to hear about that other poster thinking of them as a backside trick as I've always approached mine like a frontside trick, my shoulders are open from the roll up to the dismount and I never move them as it's my hips and legs doing all the work. I push down on the nose with my front foot and the back foot provides the right amount of opposite leverage as my center of gravity remains, well, centered. Once you've gotten familiar with 'the zone' it should come easy (and it's a great trick).

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 589
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2020, 05:34:56 PM »
Just recently got back into doing these and they’re for sure a lot of fun.

This might be kind of obvious/cliche advice but I try to have my head directly above the front bolts.

My major problem with these is not really having the finesse to nudge out of them properly.  I frequently end up just primitively taking my front foot off the board altogether, resulting in a rather gross clickity-clack landing.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2020, 10:53:09 PM »
I find screaming 'YES' when my back wheels don't hit distracting.......

Sila

• Rep: 39
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2020, 04:14:32 AM »
What helped me personally is having the popping foot closer to the bolts

Skatebeard

• Rep: 10
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2020, 12:44:10 AM »
These finally clicked for me yesterday, was able to get the pinch and keep some going for a good 7-8ft.

the head above the front bolts trick definately works, also for me it was mostly about committing and not being afraid to let the front of the nose dip close to the floor.

Certainly felt like a breakthrough, but popping into them will be a different story altogether.

treflips_up_yer_nan

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2020, 12:52:41 AM »
I never tried these ever since one dude at my locl nearly died doing one on flat. Blood everywhere, shit was fucking nasty.

listentoaheartbeat

• Rep: 37
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2020, 03:56:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think about keeping the tail in the air, but I do it when getting into them, it does seems to make it more consistent.

Oh, this is a good one I think, will have to try! I am good once locked in, quite comfortable holding and adjusting Nose Manuals. But I tend to be too careful when locking in and put the back truck down a lot of the times. Thinking about adding pressure or moving the weight forward does not really do the trick for me.