Author Topic: Nose manuals tips...  (Read 4029 times)

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Nose manuals tips...
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2022, 07:37:01 AM »
Idk if anyone has said it but when learning the motion / weight distribution, do an exaggerated ollie where you don’t really hit the tail.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 758
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2022, 08:50:46 AM »
Easier with indys than ventures and thunders.
I kind of lean back and don't try to lift my back wheels too high off the ground. I feel it's way easier to go far with your back wheels pretty low.
Also when I was learning I found it way easier with my board backwards but I don't really know what that's about. Some geometry bullcrap I guess

i learned nose manuals on thunders, switched to aces, did nose manuals on those for 4 years, then switched to venture, and i can still nose manual just as easy as before.

the hack for nose manuals is to put most of your weight in the pocket of the nose, for me that's the toeside pocket but i guess that's personal preference. your front foot should be somewhere between the bolts and the tip of the nose, but definitely not at the tip. it's easier to nose manual with both of your feet on the bolts than with your front foot on the tip, unless you're skating a board with no nose (like natas used to do). the main disadvantage of this technique is that it's harder to 180 out in the opposite direction of the pocket where you put your weight, i for example can't really bs 180 out of nose manuals unless i'm turning backside while manualing.
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2022, 10:04:34 AM »
I skated Ventures and Ace lows lately, each truck has its advantages….Ace you can kinda not land in it and squiggle into it, but you can never really lock right in.  A venture you can just put all your weight in the pocket and chill….

The one thing I’ve noticed on nose manuals is I’m often passive when I need to be holding it.  The pressure has to be through your front foot all the way down to your wheels.  Not necessarily pushing down hard, but you need to be engaged.  Manual I don’t even think of it….but nose manual it’s like I’m throwing up my hands for a touchdown pass and I’m mad that I just let it slip through my fingers…..