Author Topic: The role of rules and judgement in skateboarding.  (Read 3236 times)

cucktard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
Re: The role of rules and judgement in skateboarding.
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2020, 08:37:09 PM »
There's always some nuance involved when talking about things like this. I don't expect kids to be skating fast and only doing "legal" tricks lol. I was a kid once too, doing stinkbug flyouts at my local, and I'm not gonna fault a kid for doing that. At a certain point though, if you just keep doing that forever, and you're the 30year old dude at the park doing flyouts all day, you're a kook right? Or am I totally missing the mark here? I guess this is where the whole is skateboarding art or a sport conversation stems from. And I guess I'd have to say both, and it's kind of a spectrum that ranges from fancy lad (art) to Shane o'neill/nyjah (sport).

If that guy doing fly outs is having more fun than the tech guy throwing his board down and screaming because he can’t land a trick, I’d say he’s skateboarding properly.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Cellular

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 16
Re: The role of rules and judgement in skateboarding.
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2020, 09:32:04 PM »
skate, have fun, dont be a dick, dont litter and youre good.

landing anything with a smile is cool in my books
wish dont litter was more emphasized
bouta lose the diy bc of it

I mean he is kinda doing dog drugs so I fuck with it