Author Topic: Things you are feeling grateful for  (Read 525 times)

RoaryMcTwang

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
Things you are feeling grateful for
« on: December 17, 2020, 07:23:03 PM »
Building on what a lot of Pals have recently posted in various threads, here’s a general thread for expressing gratitude for anything that you feel makes your life better at the moment.

I felt very grateful this morning for being able to eat French-style baguette. After over ten years in China and years of going breadless (completely unnatural for someone from Germany), I’ve finally found a bakery near me which makes acceptable bread. I’m positively excited getting up in the morning now just from looking forward to bread, butter and jam.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
Re: Things you are feeling grateful for
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2020, 08:34:30 PM »
Today im grateful for friends who have looked out for me the past couple of weeks which have been rough ones...My girl whos proved time and time again she supports me and has my best interests at heart. Im in a decent spot in life, it could be better but it could be worse.... just grateful to be where im at.

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2020, 09:04:26 PM »
grateful for this tight ass house we moved into in August, with a yard, enough room for us to not be on top of each other, a bunch of ravens and foxes living outside, and a lower rent than the last place. grateful for my old friends who are still here and grateful for the new ones. I'm extremely, faithfully grateful to again be able to run, do pushups, pull-ups, skate, and bike on the regular after being unable to do any of them for about 5 years due to debilitating pain every time I went out (Mr McTwang, I haven't forgotten to make a video about foot work. Just been doing other stuff). I'm grateful to go walk the beach on this craggy pacific coast line and drink coffee while the waves shift the shoreline so I see something different every time, reminding me of the transitory nature of all things. I'm grateful to be living this dream life.

thanks for this thread, man
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2020, 09:39:22 PM »
Having a job I'm happy with. And health.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2020, 05:47:24 AM »
Grateful for the ability to connect with other skaters here since covid has hit my state hard. Slap has a bad reputation, and maybe that's earned, but it omits all of the appreciation, good discussion, and support that goes on here.

I don't agree with everyone but I actually love that for the most part, this place would be boring if we were all on the same page.

Thank you slap!

I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2020, 03:41:43 AM »
Very grateful today for having a wife who knows how to crack my back when it needs it. Priceless.

@IusedToSkateMore  No worries at all, do it when you have the time and energy!

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2020, 10:40:33 AM »
I'm grateful for my wife who's been a awesome person to me despite my own personal hangups past shitty fuckups Dr's appointments along with supporting my passions outside of skating as it probably drives her batshit to hear about skating 24/7 365 also because  I've taken my misplaced frustrations out on her NO oNE Deserves it.  She really is a peach and wonderful human being I owe her a lot in life

Grateful for you guy's and SLAP for choosing to listen to my ramblings and incoherent gibberish when I'm having a rough go for the day glad I have this forum as a form of livejournal/therapy session you guys make it worthwhile.

Grateful for my legs and body holding up and able to walk still,  fallen off a 2 story parking garage managed to walk away with a slight concussion and a fractured skull, broken ribs ankles and knee, smacked my head more than a few times and still able to hold it together.

Basically grateful for the Gods to lookout for me when no one else was there.
Dueces Bitch's

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2020, 11:17:28 AM »
Grateful for skateboarding. Grateful for all of my friends and associates that are helping me cover my dogs knee surgery. Grateful for discovering why I felt so off on my board all year. Just grateful to be here.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2020, 08:50:22 PM »
I'm grateful for my wife who's been a awesome person to me despite my own personal hangups past shitty fuckups Dr's appointments along with supporting my passions outside of skating as it probably drives her batshit to hear about skating 24/7 365 also because  I've taken my misplaced frustrations out on her NO oNE Deserves it.  She really is a peach and wonderful human being I owe her a lot in life

Grateful for you guy's and SLAP for choosing to listen to my ramblings and incoherent gibberish when I'm having a rough go for the day glad I have this forum as a form of livejournal/therapy session you guys make it worthwhile.

Grateful for my legs and body holding up and able to walk still,  fallen off a 2 story parking garage managed to walk away with a slight concussion and a fractured skull, broken ribs ankles and knee, smacked my head more than a few times and still able to hold it together.

Basically grateful for the Gods to lookout for me when no one else was there.

bless ya big dog

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Dinglenuts

• Rep: 2
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2020, 02:33:20 AM »
I'm grateful that I live in the sticks and can watch this crazy world unfold without it affecting me directly. I would be super grateful if people could get their acts together soon, because its getting to be a pretty sad show to watch. Get it together people..life is beautiful.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2020, 03:08:25 AM »
I’m super grateful for having kept my job throughout all the madness this year has thrown at us. A lot of my friends have not been so lucky.

Also grateful I can still somewhat skate. The years haven’t been too kind to my body yet I still find time to skate. Clearly not as good as before, but hey, most 32-year olds aren’t.