Poll

Who did/will you vote for?

Joe Biden
Donald Trump
Neither

Author Topic: Biden vs Trump  (Read 31940 times)

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 115
Re: Biden vs Trump
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2020, 07:14:58 AM »
Voted Libertarian, because Democrats will win in California by a landslide.  If we want to build a chance for a party other than Dems and Reps to be a competitor down the road it seems the libertarian party may have the best chance.  This could take 20 years for them to get to 30% vote, but its been Dems and Rep for my lifetime.  Dominant 2 party revenue machine needs some competition.

I support the diversification of US political parties but fuck libertarianism just as much as the current corporate duopoly, what a dumb fucking ideology lol.

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2020, 08:18:23 AM »
Expand Quote
I'm proud to say ive never voted and never will, statism is slavery. Fuck the government
[close]

Slavery? What are you, 14? They fucking love it that you don't vote.

coyote2425

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2020, 08:27:23 AM »
Expand Quote
If you vote anything other than Biden you're less than human to me.
[close]

This. Holy shit this.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2020, 08:32:32 AM »
for all the ppl saying "this is a skating forum, stop talking about politics", this is in the whatever section, a place to talk about... whatever

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2020, 09:48:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm proud to say ive never voted and never will, statism is slavery. Fuck the government
[close]

They fucking love it that you don't vote.
[close]

Seriously especially with respect to propositions. Voting on your districts propositions more important than voting for the president. Those directly affect you & your community. For example, new development here adding 1,000+ houses recently broke ground. One of the props , makes it harder for developers in the future to start new projects because they would need a vote of approval by the residents.  Also another prop would require term limits for our city council. Right now they seem corrupt. Every election , guarantee crazy props that have huge impacts on your community. Pretty reckless not to vote , fucking over your neighbor & family   

Watitdo

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2020, 10:18:19 AM »
It's crazy how conservative the skate world is...Then there's the whole I'm not voting, and it only comes up when skaters talk about politics. You NEVER see skaters dedicating time to start a non-voting movement, whole lotta bullshit.

Voting republican means you are openly racist and support lies and bullshit.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2020, 10:22:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Voted Libertarian, because Democrats will win in California by a landslide.  If we want to build a chance for a party other than Dems and Reps to be a competitor down the road it seems the libertarian party may have the best chance.  This could take 20 years for them to get to 30% vote, but its been Dems and Rep for my lifetime.  Dominant 2 party revenue machine needs some competition.
[close]

I support the diversification of US political parties but fuck libertarianism just as much as the current corporate duopoly, what a dumb fucking ideology lol.

I feel like libertarianism is just an ideology for those who want to justify our current march towards a hyper unequal society.

I can understand some affection for the romantic aspects of the ideology, but the system in practice is a disaster. It seems to just create a group of ultra wealthy and a bunch of peasants who are fucked.

In order to accept it as an option, someone has to, purposefully, pretend power doesn't exist, propaganda doesn't exist (and, if it does, the truth will overcome the lies), inheritance doesn't exist (or it is justifiable in a society that is supposed to be based on merit), and that greed and no rules = magical invisible regulation that would promote the common good.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 10:32:04 AM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

trashparty

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2020, 10:27:41 AM »
Just remember no matter who you vote for the rich stay rich, the poor stay poor and bombs keep dropping on brown people.

this

ClownOfTheDay

• Rep: -17
  • I miss Assflea
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2020, 11:08:05 AM »
some of ya'll act like you know what you're talking about.

Watitdo

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2020, 11:36:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just remember no matter who you vote for the rich stay rich, the poor stay poor and bombs keep dropping on brown people.
[close]

this
[close]

You act like you care that the "poor stay poor", but it's such obvious bullshit. You don't care. Don't act like it. You just want to feel superior to both parties because they don't 100% align with whatever your beliefs are, like an edgy middle schooler.

Name one issue affecting the poor that the Democrats don't have a better stance on. No one's saying that the Democrats are perfect, but the "both sides are the same" bullshit is literally a Republican strategy put out in the hopes of suppressing the vote while they go systematically eliminating labor unions/worker's rights, healthcare, public works, welfare... basically every single policy imaginable that helps people who aren't born into money.

"But, but, it's too hard to know all that stuff in politics, you know the media lies."

**Goes back to scrolling instagram 5 hours a day**

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2020, 11:57:14 AM »
I think it's interesting that the Democratic party decided to make the same mistakes this election as the last. Biden's quote of, "if you don't vote Biden, you're not black" or whatever the exact quote was is laughable. Biden, just like Hillary, is obviously banking on the black and female vote. For whatever reason she was, and he is, very confident they had it.

Not that Trump is by any means better. I think a lot of people voted for Trump as a joke or because they were bummed on what the DNC did to Bernie. No one was really passionate about Hillary or Biden and Trump supporters are definitely into the dude.

I think it's pretty lame there's still only two choices. Some more, "better" parties, will hopefully stand a chance at some point. Politics are politics though and the president is just a figurehead to a certain extent. Trump getting elected definitely exposed how shit of a system it all is if anyone was unaware before. The next president can just come in and apparently say "fuck everything the last president did".

authentic_creed_bratton

• Rep: 36
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2020, 12:56:31 PM »
what's more fun, shitting the bed or barfing in your lap
🤙

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2020, 01:09:53 PM »
Anyone who denies science shouldn't be running the world.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2020, 01:41:01 PM »
i'd vote for biden, but i probably would need to get severely drunk to be okay with myself.

trump is an absolute no-go.

i'm sorry your only options are two half dead, touchy, semi- to full on racist motherfuckers that worship money more than anything.

that said, trump is his own league of scumbaggery and still a hundred times worse than biden, and i hope you get rid of him this election.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2020, 03:19:43 PM »
All jokes aside, if you can vote, vote.

The whole “both sides are the same” argument kind of went out the window in 2016 and we have a wannabe fascist AND a corrupt political party shielding him that must be voted out.

Voting matters. If it didn’t, Republicans wouldn’t be trying so hard to make it difficult to do.
I’m on this logic as of lately, we know Trump is a goon with a fucked mob of boneheads to back him up, but I’d rather have some normalcy with a politician who is probably going to do the same thing but not as bad.

I get the logic of lesser then two evils aren’t much better but for a sense of diplomacy and international politics we can not be the racist laughing stock of the rest of the world I’m going with Biden, reluctantly mind you as we’ve been needing an upheaval of how the system was meant to fuck everyone and cause divisions within it’s community.

A populous divided against each other is how they’ve kept racism and gatekeeper opportunities from one another.

Even if you’re successful and make it out the hood or whatever situation you were born in, your life and time will always be owed and or owned by someone. The 9-5 working day is a modern day slavery.

We’ve all been duped.
Dueces Bitch's

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -389
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
  • User is banned from postingMuted
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2020, 05:57:55 PM »
9/11 was a national tragedy

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2020, 06:17:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have questions about the need for a vibrant third party in our current system.  In a parliamentary system where a coalition would need to be formed in order to represent the popular vote threshold, I see the point and need for a vibrant makeup of political parties.  However in our current system, a strong third party would mean that the eventual winner would represent an even smaller percentage of voters than the current “one or the other” system.   I’m far from thinking the current system is perfect, but I’m have reservations that a third party would be some great salve, particularly a libertarian party bc their beliefs can never work in actual practice bc it’s the political equivalent of taking one semester of college, not hacking it, then pretending you left on your own bc street smarts are more important than book smarts

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2020, 08:58:41 PM »
Honestly they need to have a duel to the death like Roman collesium all weapons are applicable except guns.

Would be great to see Trump's head on a like.....
Dueces Bitch's

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2020, 10:13:11 AM »
I think it's interesting that the Democratic party decided to make the same mistakes this election as the last. Biden's quote of, "if you don't vote Biden, you're not black" or whatever the exact quote was is laughable. Biden, just like Hillary, is obviously banking on the black and female vote. For whatever reason she was, and he is, very confident they had it.

Not that Trump is by any means better. I think a lot of people voted for Trump as a joke or because they were bummed on what the DNC did to Bernie. No one was really passionate about Hillary or Biden and Trump supporters are definitely into the dude.

I think it's pretty lame there's still only two choices. Some more, "better" parties, will hopefully stand a chance at some point. Politics are politics though and the president is just a figurehead to a certain extent. Trump getting elected definitely exposed how shit of a system it all is if anyone was unaware before. The next president can just come in and apparently say "fuck everything the last president did".

the enthusiasm this cycle for Biden compared to Hillary is WAAAY different.  People are mobilized and are coming out for Biden because of the last 4 years.  Trump is president because people hated Hillary Clinton THAT MUCH.  No one except the 25-30% of die hard Fox News Trumpers like the guy.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2020, 01:22:17 PM »
I honestly have no faith in America anymore. I remain doubtful that Biden will win, but still hopeful that by some miracle, he does.

I dont believe Florida will vote in his favor. Everyone saying Texas will turn blue? Yeah fucking right.

Fuck the electoral college. Fuck Trump.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

baustin

• Rep: 115
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2020, 01:29:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

the enthusiasm this cycle for Biden compared to Hillary is WAAAY different.  People are mobilized and are coming out for Biden because of the last 4 years.  Trump is president because people hated Hillary Clinton THAT MUCH.  No one except the 25-30% of die hard Fox News Trumpers like the guy.

I agree with this. I may end up eating my words (I sure as fuck hope not) but I think there is rampant enthusiasm to vote Trump out after the shit spectacle that has been the past 4 years and I think those flames have also been fanned by Trump’s absolute failure to handle COVID-19. I’m very far left of Biden politically, but when I think back to the initial panic back in March I would have given anything to have a run of the mill politician in charge to stand up there and give us the spiel we needed to feel like everything is going to be okay. Someone who would at least have told the country to put their trust in science and not turn it into whatever Trump has. Anyone who tells me these two candidates are the same needs to grow up and stop fucking kidding themself because we would not be in the same boat right now had the Democrats been in control earlier this year.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2592
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2020, 01:45:21 PM »
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 96
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2020, 01:45:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I have questions about the need for a vibrant third party in our current system.  In a parliamentary system where a coalition would need to be formed in order to represent the popular vote threshold, I see the point and need for a vibrant makeup of political parties.  However in our current system, a strong third party would mean that the eventual winner would represent an even smaller percentage of voters than the current “one or the other” system.   I’m far from thinking the current system is perfect, but I’m have reservations that a third party would be some great salve, particularly a libertarian party bc their beliefs can never work in actual practice bc it’s the political equivalent of taking one semester of college, not hacking it, then pretending you left on your own bc street smarts are more important than book smarts

In canada we have 4 Major parties(NDP - far left, Liberal - Left, BLOC - Quebec shit idk, Conservative - Right), 1 minor party with representation (Green - Environmental focused left) and some independents all elected into parliament (note: Maxime Bernier tried to start a far right wing party this last election and got completely embarrassed, winning 0 seats). This kinda works because the country as a whole is very left leaning, and the popular right wing views are moderate compared to the US. So there is very little "my team" attitude when it comes to politics, votes land where ever the pendulum is currently swinging, or whoever makes a quality and substantive campaign, rarely do people fall into the cult of personality trap here, which is just cultural differences between Canada and the US (im always blown away at the celeb worship that casually goes on when I visit the states).

We also have 300+ seats that all influence policy so people are driven sometimes to vote for a candidate that is outside their normal party but will best represent their community. It is not perfect but it works fairly well, and keeps that militant political allegiance out of the picture. But it also only works due to the parliamentary system''s processes. The way the US system works I feel a third party would just be lobbied by the Dems or Reps to align with them, defeating the whole purpose of getting a third party involved. As an outsider looking at the US system it seems too corrupted and bastardized from its original intent that without major reform, the removal of the electoral college, and a roll back on all the fuckery gerrymandering and voter surpression that has gone on forever. The US feels stuck in a two party, my team vs your team, toxic political environment. Trump did so much damage to this that it will take a long time to right the ship. Idk why im writing all this and now that im done it prob adds nothing, Im just procrastinating studying calculus

Trump also contributed to killing my journalism career with his war on journalists (even in canada it fucked everything up), so fuck that joke of a human. Vote that fucker out.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2020, 02:00:21 PM »
Already getting notices to not expect to hear a result the morning after election day. Thoughts on how long this could draw out?

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2020, 02:43:49 PM »
Expand Quote

I was wondering who'd be the first to make MAGA boards.

Who would pay $150 for that garbage? You could buy two non-garbage decks for that price.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2020, 04:27:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Who would pay $150 for that garbage? You could buy two non-garbage decks for that price.

Trumpanzees got conned by the GoFund me campaign to finish paying for his wall. They said "they'll gladly do it again"... So trump supporters will spend $150 and more for that garbage.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2020, 07:08:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Trumpanzees got conned by the GoFund me campaign to finish paying for his wall. They said "they'll gladly do it again"... So trump supporters will spend $150 and more for that garbage.

is this some attempt at a joke? or is DP serious? what the fuck is going on
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2020, 09:25:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

According to his former-bandmates he went off the deep-end in 2013. (https://www.awayfromlife.com/uxb-ex-us-bombs-im-interview/)

He's convinced himself that bootlicking the police and worshipping a man who never actually worked a day in his life and doesn't pay his contractors is blue-collar punk and rebellious.

DP just loves Trump's racism, sexism, and homophobia. And, lest we forget DP's values:
https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-the-master-of-disaster-domestic-violence-20140225-story.html

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2020, 10:40:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

He's serious. Remember this thread? https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=103097.0

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2020, 09:59:11 AM »
Already getting notices to not expect to hear a result the morning after election day. Thoughts on how long this could draw out?
Until the supreme court gives him what he wants.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.