Poll

Who did/will you vote for?

Joe Biden
Donald Trump
Neither

Author Topic: Biden vs Trump  (Read 31924 times)

TheLurper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Biden vs Trump
« Reply #600 on: November 19, 2020, 09:52:44 AM »
I'm surprised we don't think the majority of people who voted for Trump don't believe his bullshit that is repeated by FOX, OAN, and the right wing radio.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #601 on: November 19, 2020, 10:02:24 AM »
Expand Quote
i was thinking more along the lines of corporate power...and religion.
[close]

Literally during Carter’s term partly in opposition to him and partly to get Reagan elected.   The book Reaganland is more than you’ll ever want to know on the subject

I'm in the middle of Nixonland right now. You can see some trends from today starting back then even.

Dark Money (book largely about the Koch brothers funneling money into conservative causes) would be useful reading too. They made a documentary based on the book as well.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #602 on: November 19, 2020, 10:32:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i was thinking more along the lines of corporate power...and religion.
[close]

Literally during Carter’s term partly in opposition to him and partly to get Reagan elected.   The book Reaganland is more than you’ll ever want to know on the subject
[close]

I'm in the middle of Nixonland right now. You can see some trends from today starting back then even.

Dark Money (book largely about the Koch brothers funneling money into conservative causes) would be useful reading too. They made a documentary based on the book as well.

Oh sick!   I just read those two and didn’t do the whole 5 book series.  Nixonland is crazy because you don’t realize how many years of violent (or non) protests there were at that time.  Really makes those early this year seem pale in comparison.   

I’ll check out the Koch Brothers one.  There was another one, Boys of Wichita?, I was eying too.  Funny how Charles says he’s doing to devote himself to bipartisanship now and he feels bad for what he did

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
« Reply #603 on: November 19, 2020, 04:30:16 PM »
how did we get here?

A country with its roots in the Pilgrims who wanted to found a theocracy.
A country where Capitalism took hold and entrenched itself with myths and extreme propaganda, to the point that people believe overwork, greed, and selfishness are virtues.

There has always been a very strong vein of anti-intellectualism in the US, and it’s celebrated.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 06:21:10 PM by cucktard »
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Telly

• Rep: -150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #604 on: November 19, 2020, 05:14:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Majority of Republicans have bought into this narrative that election was rigged.
[close]

Oh come on.  35M+ (half of people who voted for Trump) believe that?   I think everyone is conflating their own personal sphere/what’s highlighted by the media a bit excessively.   If it’s over 2 million (and that’s a huge number still) I’d be surprised.
[close]

Sadly...
"Fifty-two percent of Republicans said that Trump “rightfully won,” while only 29% said that Biden had rightfully won."
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-poll/half-of-republicans-say-biden-won-because-of-a-rigged-election-reuters-ipsos-poll-idUSKBN27Y1AJ

"70% of Republicans say election wasn't 'free and fair' despite no evidence of fraud"
"Among Republicans who thought the election wasn’t fair, 78% thought mail-in ballots spurred extensive voter fraud, while 72% believed ballot tampering occurred."
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/10/election-trust-polling-study-republicans
[close]
If we learned anything from this election (and the last one), it is that polling in the US on politics is a fucking joke. Not that I'd be surprised if the number was a whole lot higher than I'd be comfortable with anyway, but half of all Republicans sounds very unlikely.

it does seem like 99.9% of all americans would believe something they read on a geocities website.
[close]
Yeah, 52% of Republicans POLLED believe that Trump won, from a sample size of 1,346 participants total (and we don't know anything about specific demographics). The Guardian link doesn't even cite a sample size. Trumpism is a disease in this country, but I'm not going to fall for more bullshit polling and (dare I say it?) fake news.
[close]
fake news isn't sloppy reporting or bad polling... just because trump thinks everything is fake news doesn't mean that it actually is.

fake news started with people abusing social media spread and online ads to make hella money. kids in eastern europe would make websites with a news like name, they just stole a bunch of content (a lot of it legit from things like AP and Reuters), then wrote an article about how "Hillary/Trump is a pedophile" and spread it to social media to make money. that's fake news. it's literally a story that is made up to generate ad revenue. Russian IRA (that's a government psy-ops "company") perfected it since they figured it was such an easy way to spread misinformation.

i just want the term fake news to be used correctly about what it actually is, because it's an very interesting thing. to throw fake news at every poorly written news article is diluting the term, and thanks to trump most people aren't even aware of what fake news actually is.

Ummmm.  “Fake news” started because dumb as he is, Donald Trump knew he couldn’t go quoting his the Nazis directly.  Or someone told him he couldn’t.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #605 on: November 19, 2020, 05:54:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Majority of Republicans have bought into this narrative that election was rigged.
[close]

Oh come on.  35M+ (half of people who voted for Trump) believe that?   I think everyone is conflating their own personal sphere/what’s highlighted by the media a bit excessively.   If it’s over 2 million (and that’s a huge number still) I’d be surprised.
[close]

Sadly...
"Fifty-two percent of Republicans said that Trump “rightfully won,” while only 29% said that Biden had rightfully won."
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-poll/half-of-republicans-say-biden-won-because-of-a-rigged-election-reuters-ipsos-poll-idUSKBN27Y1AJ

"70% of Republicans say election wasn't 'free and fair' despite no evidence of fraud"
"Among Republicans who thought the election wasn’t fair, 78% thought mail-in ballots spurred extensive voter fraud, while 72% believed ballot tampering occurred."
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/10/election-trust-polling-study-republicans
Do you believe a majority of Republicans in America were included in that poll? From the article:

The Reuters/Ipsos poll was conducted online, in English, throughout the United States. It gathered responses from 1,346 respondents, including 598 Democrats and 496 Republicans, and has a credibility interval, a measure of precision, of 5 percentage points.

Hardly a representation of the country.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #606 on: November 19, 2020, 05:55:27 PM »
The thing about polling from 2016 and 2020, and to a lesser extent 2018, is that it was right about about a lot of things, but it did seem to almost systematically undercount Republican votes. I don't really know anything about polling with regard to their methodology, but it's hard to see these results and conclude that there is not a systemic bias in polling for which they are not yet able (or are perhaps unwilling) to account
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #607 on: November 19, 2020, 06:53:38 PM »
The thing about polling from 2016 and 2020, and to a lesser extent 2018, is that it was right about about a lot of things, but it did seem to almost systematically undercount Republican votes. I don't really know anything about polling with regard to their methodology, but it's hard to see these results and conclude that there is not a systemic bias in polling for which they are not yet able (or are perhaps unwilling) to account

There are other factors other than bias.
For example, certain portions of Republicans are more than a little distrustful of ‘the lying media’, and related organizations, and may be less likely to give truthful answers to polling companies.

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #608 on: November 19, 2020, 09:51:05 PM »
Or respond at all
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #609 on: November 19, 2020, 11:33:51 PM »
i've seen tons of posts online where people brag about lying in polls, both democrats and republicans. people registering as democrats but votes republican etc.

so it's actual the fault of the people that polls suck, not the companies doing the polls. granted, 1500 people is an insanely small sample size in a country of 300+ million people where apparently roughly 230 million can vote.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #610 on: November 19, 2020, 11:43:25 PM »
listen to cosmic psychos

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2593
« Reply #611 on: November 20, 2020, 10:10:11 AM »
i've seen tons of posts online where people brag about lying in polls, both democrats and republicans. people registering as democrats but votes republican etc.

so it's actual the fault of the people that polls suck, not the companies doing the polls. granted, 1500 people is an insanely small sample size in a country of 300+ million people where apparently roughly 230 million can vote.

1500 is a good sample size for large populations, as long as its representative, which this particular set might not be.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #612 on: November 20, 2020, 10:23:31 AM »
I doubt it’s that high but still probably more than you would think (or hope)

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #613 on: November 20, 2020, 11:42:37 AM »
Or respond at all

I think this might also be the case. I have no idea how this is corrected for in polling
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #614 on: November 20, 2020, 04:01:57 PM »
I'm really surprised that there is any doubt that the people who voted for Trump believe his world view.

Moreover, the accuracy of the polls isn't that they over-report Trump supporters, but they under-reports them due to all sorts of sampling issues. If anything the polls are more likely to underestimate how many people are believing this crazy bullshit.

The Republican world view places themselves as permanent victims... the social media companies unfairly censor us; the media is out to get us/Trump; the "deep-state" is against Trump/us; all exposure of Trump's crimes are politically motivated; Q will save us from the evil democrats; liberal elitist are at fault for playing the education/economic game properly...

... I disagree with the free-market bullshit that said manufacturing leaving America was great because "cheaper goods," BUT interestingly enough this made me a stupid liberal 20 years ago. Using the personal responsibility logic against those who love to bring it up when it comes to everyone but angry white dudes, why the hell didn't they get the hell out of the rural areas 40 years ago? Manufacturing and rural economies were down-sliding in the 70s with no bright spots in the foreseeable future. Not only is it obvious that the cities are the economic centers, demographers predicted that people would quickly abandon the rural areas for cities around the world... with less people there is less infrastructure money, less school money, less money moving through the local system, etc. where in the fuck were these people when the free-market told them  40 years ago, "The rural areas are not a great investment nor are manufacturing jobs. Business exist to make money not to give you a job. The people you are voting into office (Reagan) are overtly anti-union/anti-worker and promote off-shoring."

Finally, I can't believe the Republican leaders aren't telling Trump to stop with his tweets. I can't believe they aren't telling Americans our elections are safe. I can't believe Trump is inviting politicians to the White House in order to figure out to steal the election now that his dumb lawsuits went absolutely no where.

And, I can't believe I'm just focusing on my job and just watching America fall apart. I don't know how we bounce back from this... and none of this is all that new. Trump just does it overtly and louder than it had been done in the past. I mean does anyone remember Cheney trying to say the VP wasn't part of the executive branch so he could hide all his corrupt documents?

https://www.pewresearch.org/internet/2020/08/19/most-americans-think-social-media-sites-censor-political-viewpoints/
https://www.journalism.org/2020/05/08/americans-are-more-likely-than-not-to-think-the-news-media-are-fulfilling-key-roles-during-the-coronavirus-outbreak-but-partisans-are-starkly-divided/
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 04:22:22 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
« Reply #615 on: November 20, 2020, 05:47:29 PM »
I'm really surprised that there is any doubt that the people who voted for Trump believe his world view.

Moreover, the accuracy of the polls isn't that they over-report Trump supporters, but they under-reports them due to all sorts of sampling issues. If anything the polls are more likely to underestimate how many people are believing this crazy bullshit.

The Republican world view places themselves as permanent victims... the social media companies unfairly censor us; the media is out to get us/Trump; the "deep-state" is against Trump/us; all exposure of Trump's crimes are politically motivated; Q will save us from the evil democrats; liberal elitist are at fault for playing the education/economic game properly...

... I disagree with the free-market bullshit that said manufacturing leaving America was great because "cheaper goods," BUT interestingly enough this made me a stupid liberal 20 years ago. Using the personal responsibility logic against those who love to bring it up when it comes to everyone but angry white dudes, why the hell didn't they get the hell out of the rural areas 40 years ago? Manufacturing and rural economies were down-sliding in the 70s with no bright spots in the foreseeable future. Not only is it obvious that the cities are the economic centers, demographers predicted that people would quickly abandon the rural areas for cities around the world... with less people there is less infrastructure money, less school money, less money moving through the local system, etc. where in the fuck were these people when the free-market told them  40 years ago, "The rural areas are not a great investment nor are manufacturing jobs. Business exist to make money not to give you a job. The people you are voting into office (Reagan) are overtly anti-union/anti-worker and promote off-shoring."

Finally, I can't believe the Republican leaders aren't telling Trump to stop with his tweets. I can't believe they aren't telling Americans our elections are safe. I can't believe Trump is inviting politicians to the White House in order to figure out to steal the election now that his dumb lawsuits went absolutely no where.

And, I can't believe I'm just focusing on my job and just watching America fall apart. I don't know how we bounce back from this... and none of this is all that new. Trump just does it overtly and louder than it had been done in the past. I mean does anyone remember Cheney trying to say the VP wasn't part of the executive branch so he could hide all his corrupt documents?
https://www.pewresearch.org/internet/2020/08/19/most-americans-think-social-media-sites-censor-political-viewpoints/
https://www.journalism.org/2020/05/08/americans-are-more-likely-than-not-to-think-the-news-media-are-fulfilling-key-roles-during-the-coronavirus-outbreak-but-partisans-are-starkly-divided/

well said.

I don't have any answers but I don't see the country bouncing back. The Democratic Party is owned by "donors." The Republican machine has gone absolutely stark raving mad. Full on, up front Fascist without the constituency realizing it.
Aside from "It Could Happen Here," Robert Evans podcast "Behind the Bastards" has excellent moments, including the episode "How Nice, Normal People made the Holocaust Possible." It offers thoughts comparable to what's happening in the US- and I'm not saying that the Holocaust is going to happen here, but rather making note of the shift in public consciousness on both party lines and within respective constituencies.

[urlhttps://www.iheart.com/podcast/105-behind-the-bastards-29236323/episode/part-one-how-nice-normal-people-72548148/[/url]

People with jobs are going to continue going to work while America continues to fall apart. People are going to continue having kids. They're going to continue buying homes. They're going to continue skateboarding. They're going to continue buying shit on Amazon. They're going to continue freaking out about toilet paper shortages. Food shortages will happen again and people will keep working if they have a job. It's going to get rougher for a greater amount of people, but it's what happens. Let's stay safe and lay low.

And, hey, maybe it won't happen and America will rebound to a place of greatness where hunger is abated, homelessness is no more, politicians work for the people, white supremacist terror gangs won't plot, fash gangs won't roam the streets of big cities "standing back and standing by," cops will stop killing black folks.

really, stay safe

If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

geneparmesan

• Rep: 21
« Reply #616 on: November 20, 2020, 09:07:11 PM »
We got Trump because of Obama and Biden. As many have said, Trump is the symptom, not the cause.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOfkBRaWmGE

If you think media brainwashing only exists on one side, please do some research. It's amazing to see so many people in here echoing media talking points verbatim.

Also, check what Van Jones said four years ago when Trump was elected. He shed tears then and had some very similar sentiments to express:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdgewCeLtrU

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #617 on: November 20, 2020, 09:46:54 PM »
Expand Quote
We got Trump because of Obama and Biden. As many have said, Trump is the symptom, not the cause.
[close]

Economy and Jobs
President Trump jump-started America’s economy into record growth which created jobs and increased take-home pay for working Americans.

Immigration
President Trump protected the American homeland by enforcing immigration laws, so every American can feel safe in their community.

Foreign Policy
By promoting fair and reciprocal trade, President Trump put America first. This includes exiting TPP, renegotiating NAFTA, and securing new bilateral deals with major trading partners.

National Security and Defense
President Trump rebuilt our military, crushed ISIS, and confronted rogue nations to protect America and our allies.

Regulation
President Trump removed red tape and ended unnecessary regulations which stifle economic growth and prosperity.

Land and Agriculture
President Trump created a task force on agriculture and rural prosperity which included actions to improve the lives of rural Americans.

Law and Justice
President Trump partnered with local communities and worked with local law enforcement to protect American communities.

Energy and Environment
President Trump reversed years of policies that locked up American energy and restricted our ability to sell to other countries.

Government Accountability
One of President Trump’s biggest campaign promises was to make a government by and for the people. Throughout his first year in office, the President worked to drain the swamp and created more transparency.

Health Care
President Trump repealed the Obamacare individual mandate, expanded plan choices and increased competition to bring down costs for consumers.

Infrastructure and Technology
President Trump built stronger rural communities by ensuring Americans have access to the quality infrastructure they deserve.

Social Programs
President Trump and his Administration protected life by fighting back against illegal drug shipments, opioid abuse, and abortion service providers.

Education
President Trump and his Administration supported the expansion of school choice across the country so every parent has a voice in their child’s education.

Veterans
President Trump made sure the government fulfilled its commitment to our country’s veterans by reforming the V.A., including firing 500 of the worst managers in the agency while providing education and health benefits.

Well, that’s one way to look at it, I guess

You accuse us of having swallowed ‘media’ talking points (many of us here loathe the media as much as you do, but for more salient reasons that ‘anti-Trump bias’) but ‘your’ side somehow is much more honest and reflects reality properly? That they should be believed uncritically?

You cut and paste all of that without understanding why many of them are inaccurate and many more have huge negative consequences?

Please don’t lecture us about ‘doing research’.

geneparmesan

« Reply #618 on: November 20, 2020, 10:07:13 PM »

You accuse us of having swallowed ‘media’ talking points (many of us here loathe the media as much as you do, but for more salient reasons that ‘anti-Trump bias’) but ‘your’ side somehow is much more honest and reflects reality properly? That they should be believed uncritically?

You cut and paste all of that without understanding why many of them are inaccurate and many more have huge negative consequences?

You've conflated two posts together. I didn't post any of the Trump bullet point stuff.

You also assumed that I loathe the media because of "anti-Trump bias," and tried to dunk on me with your third assumption about you having "more salient reasons" than your made up one that I supposedly have.

I don't have a "side." I listen to both left and right media, as well as independent journalists and do my own research to form my opinions.

Both sides by the way believe that the other is brainwashed, so every time you write something about FOX, New York Post, OAN, etc., be sure that there's someone on another message board writing about MSNBC, New York Times, Washington Post, etc.

Do you disagree that Trump is the symptom of 8 years of Obama and Biden? Do you remember when Black Lives Matter was started?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 10:32:16 PM by geneparmesan »

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #619 on: November 20, 2020, 10:12:40 PM »
This message board is not 4chan or Parler. Take your copypasta crap away from here. Go lame it up somewhere else kooks if you can't form coherent conversation to explain your views.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #620 on: November 20, 2020, 10:49:44 PM »
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Glurmpz

« Reply #621 on: November 20, 2020, 11:24:46 PM »

Back to 4chan/Parler I go!

Please do. 

geneparmesan

« Reply #622 on: November 20, 2020, 11:54:10 PM »
The group think on politics and covid here on the board is pretty amazing. This culture of trying to shame people for having different beliefs or thoughts is a dead end.

Skateboarding has always been about about individuality and challenging the system, and I believe strongly we should be questioning all the narratives that we are being fed. I don't trust either side as I think there is really only one side, and that's money.

Kook me all you want, but we should be capable of discussing challenging ideas without piling on and name calling, making assumptions, etc.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 12:07:04 AM by geneparmesan »

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 555
« Reply #623 on: November 21, 2020, 12:16:29 AM »
"Trump is the only president in my lifetime not to involve the US in a new war."

Like Trump didn't try to start a war after the assassination of Qassem Suleimani, which hasn't been resolved btw, and will probably carry over to the Biden presidency.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #624 on: November 21, 2020, 12:35:29 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyLpbO5S4xE&ab_channel=TheDailyShowwithTrevorNoah

"We're here to celebrate the winning of Donald Trump"

"You're 4 years too late"

So good lol

This guy's pretty good riffing on the fly. Thanks for sharing.

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #625 on: November 21, 2020, 12:39:31 AM »

when Trump is the only president in my lifetime not to involve the US in a new war.

What about the new wars on basic human decency and morality? The war on truthfulness? Let alone the war on reason and science? Especially w.r.t. Covid-19 and climate change these wars that Trump and his cronies started have already cost more US casualties than all the wars combined since WW2.

edit: and last, but certainly not least the war on democracy and democratic institutions.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 01:11:46 AM by tuesday »

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #626 on: November 21, 2020, 01:03:10 AM »
The group think on politics and covid here on the board is pretty amazing. This culture of trying to shame people for having different beliefs or thoughts is a dead end.

Skateboarding has always been about about individuality and challenging the system, and I believe strongly we should be questioning all the narratives that we are being fed. I don't trust either side as I think there is really only one side, and that's money.

Kook me all you want, but we should be capable of discussing challenging ideas without piling on and name calling, making assumptions, etc.

I'll listen to you the opinion you've formed on politics, man. You seem to be above name-calling which is honorable, and you appear to like Gene Parmesan, for whom I also have an affinity.

Covid, on the other hand, is a pretty simple situation: there's a deadly, plague-level virus that has caused a pandemic around the world and it needs to be taken seriously with people wearing facemasks and distancing socially, as well as isolating where necessary, in order to save lives. Nothing is more important than saving lives. That's pretty cut and dry.

Skateboarding is somewhat about individuality because it's not a team sport per se in that you can do it all by yourself. Saying it's about "challenging the system" is a bit of a stretch though; it's really just a scooter with the handlebars taken off.
Not sure what that has to do with questioning any narratives other than the "don't skateboard here" and "wear a helmet" narratives. But okay.

So you do a lot of research and listen to both sides of the fence. Admirable.

May I ask why is it that, after all that research, you have not come to any conclusions that would align you with a particular viewpoint? Do you do so much research that you have just confused yourself to a point of no return? Or have you pinpointed your position so exactly on such a wide array of individual issues that you remain a free agent of sorts, meandering between sides where you see fit?

Without posting a video, please explain your position clearly why you feel Trump is a "symptom" of two terms of the Obama administration and not the cause of...whatever it is you think folks falsely believe he is the cause of.

I think most people on the left recognize that Trump is not the cause of the world's evil; they just see him as an opportunist who is stoking the racism, homophobia and xenophobia of middle America and capitalizing on it to the country's detriment for his own personal gain (to feed his pocketbook and ego). I can't tell if you agree with that or if you are offering a different take. 

But, again, I'm here to listen to you, geneparmesan, without any name-calling.

Edit: And Black Lives Matter was founded as a movement in July 2013 after George Zimmerman was acquitted in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, but started to gain traction after the killings of Michael Brown and Eric Garner.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 01:10:15 AM by EdLawndale »

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #627 on: November 21, 2020, 01:07:16 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You've conflated two posts together. I didn't post any of the Trump bullet point stuff.

You also assumed that I loathe the media because of "anti-Trump bias," and tried to dunk on me with your third assumption about you having "more salient reasons" than your made up one that I supposedly have.

I don't have a "side." I listen to both left and right media, as well as independent journalists and do my own research to form my opinions.

Both sides by the way believe that the other is brainwashed, so every time you write something about FOX, New York Post, OAN, etc., be sure that there's someone on another message board writing about MSNBC, New York Times, Washington Post, etc.

Do you disagree that Trump is the symptom of 8 years of Obama and Biden? Do you remember when Black Lives Matter was started?

You are correct, that was my mistake. I skimmed and conflated the two.

My bad.

Yea, I’m in agreement with you. The environment for Trump to come to power has been festering for decades.

geneparmesan

« Reply #628 on: November 21, 2020, 01:16:57 AM »

May I ask why is it that, after all that research, you have not come to any conclusions that would align you with a particular viewpoint? Do you do so much research that you have just confused yourself to a point of no return? Or have you pinpointed your position so exactly on such a wide array of individual issues that you remain a free agent of sorts, meandering between sides where you see fit?

Without posting a video, please explain your position clearly why you feel Trump is a "symptom" of two terms of the Obama administration and not the cause of...whatever it is you think folks falsely believe he is the cause of.

I think most people on the left recognize that Trump is not the cause of the world's evil; they just see him as an opportunist who is stoking the racism, homophobia and xenophobia of middle America and capitalizing on it to the country's detriment for his own personal gain (to feed his pocketbook and ego). I can't tell if you agree with that or if you are offering a different take. 

But, again, I'm here to listen to you, geneparmesan, without any name-calling.

You condescend out of one side of your mouth and then say that you're hear [sic] to listen.

I'm not going to play your game of proof.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #629 on: November 21, 2020, 01:26:58 AM »
Saying both sides are equally bad is such a cop out at this point. Trump took the right off the deep end into thinly veiled Nazism. The Democrats suck too and are pretty corrupt but at least they're not headed by a demagogue using racism and other bigotry to divide the country for his own gain. Trump's immorality is fucking staggering.