Poll

Who did/will you vote for?

Joe Biden
Donald Trump
Neither

Author Topic: Biden vs Trump  (Read 31938 times)

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
Re: Biden vs Trump
« Reply #630 on: November 21, 2020, 01:27:59 AM »
It's a valid question:

With all the research you say you do, why have you not come to any conclusions that would align you with a particular viewpoint?

I'm here to listen. You can take me up on that, if you wish.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

geneparmesan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 21
« Reply #631 on: November 21, 2020, 01:40:07 AM »
It's a valid question:

With all the research you say you do, why have you not come to any conclusions that would align you with a particular viewpoint?

I'm here to listen. You can take me up on that, if you wish.

Why are you so patronizing and convinced your opinion is correct? Every response has exhibited some kind of condescension. Are you aware of how you're coming off?

Ed, try watching the video I posted and tell me why it is that a orange faced game show host with no political experience was able to convince enough people to vote for him instead of choosing a continuation of the previous two terms?

Malcolm X had some interesting thoughts on white liberals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hm8wXZmRD8
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 01:53:53 AM by geneparmesan »

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #632 on: November 21, 2020, 02:06:40 AM »
That video's thumbnail looks like a No-Limit album cover. I'm not going to watch that.

I'm here to read the words of you, geneparmesan, after you've digested everything you've researched, and can discuss your challenging ideas and different thoughts and beliefs in a cohesive, succinct manner, without the assistance of any videos.

Can you do that? If so, I'm here to listen and promise I won't call you any names.

geneparmesan

« Reply #633 on: November 21, 2020, 02:17:29 AM »
That video's thumbnail looks like a No-Limit album cover. I'm not going to watch that.

I'm here to read the words of you, geneparmesan, after you've digested everything you've researched, and can discuss your challenging ideas and different thoughts and beliefs in a cohesive, succinct manner, without the assistance of any videos.

Can you do that? If so, I'm here to listen and promise I won't call you any names.

Ed, you need to look at your life and see why it is that you feel so emboldened to act the way you're acting right now.

I don't need your promises of not calling me any names.

How incredibly judgmental of you to think that I would somehow be hurt by something you typed and would require a promise in order to verify something to your own standards.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #634 on: November 21, 2020, 02:27:38 AM »
we should be capable of discussing challenging ideas without piling on and name calling, making assumptions, etc.

You wanted to discuss your challenging ideas without name calling and I'm offering it to you.

If you're able to sort out your thoughts and beliefs and are ready to discuss them, the offer stands.

geneparmesan

« Reply #635 on: November 21, 2020, 02:37:30 AM »
Expand Quote
we should be capable of discussing challenging ideas without piling on and name calling, making assumptions, etc.
[close]

You wanted to discuss your challenging ideas without name calling and I'm offering it to you.

You’ve argued in bad faith constantly and have been condescending throughout, even here.

You clearly are not interested in a conversation, as you could have responded to any number of things I posted.

Land of the Faust

« Reply #636 on: November 21, 2020, 02:46:21 AM »
An interesting article from the Guardian talking about a Biden pick for the EPA transition board. Looks like Biden REALLY cares for the environment and people's health.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/nov/19/dear-joe-biden-are-you-kidding-me-erin-brockovich

I will say it again, Biden is just as bad as Trump. The difference? The media will choose to ignore the horrible stuff Biden will do as President because they will have the same corporatists overlords.

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #637 on: November 21, 2020, 04:05:24 AM »
An interesting article from the Guardian talking about a Biden pick for the EPA transition board. Looks like Biden REALLY cares for the environment and people's health.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/nov/19/dear-joe-biden-are-you-kidding-me-erin-brockovich

I will say it again, Biden is just as bad as Trump. The difference? The media will choose to ignore the horrible stuff Biden will do as President because they will have the same corporatists overlords.
Except for the whole part where this is already being covered by the media. You linked to the media lmao
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 06:39:09 AM by Blueabyssofthisss »

geneparmesan

« Reply #638 on: November 21, 2020, 10:10:00 AM »
The guy who told Wall Street donors that “nothing would fundamentally change” if he were elected (https://www.salon.com/2019/06/19/joe-biden-to-rich-donors-nothing-would-fundamentally-change-if-hes-elected/) and raised over 74 million from said donors (https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/10/28/wall-street-spends-74-million-to-support-joe-biden.html) now needs even more money.

Land of the Faust

« Reply #639 on: November 21, 2020, 10:11:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Except for the whole part where this is already being covered by the media. You linked to the media lmao

The difference? If this had been Trump, there would have been a million articles plastered everywhere. Instead, all I could find was one article on the guardian.

Hefe43

• Rep: 176
« Reply #640 on: November 21, 2020, 10:16:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You’ve argued in bad faith constantly and have been condescending throughout, even here.

You clearly are not interested in a conversation, as you could have responded to any number of things I posted.

you’re side stepping everything he said because you don’t like that way he’s talking to you? fuck your feelings, that’s the motto isn’t it? man up and answer him or shut the fuck up
Tyshawn seems like the kind of guy to hate everyone at least a little bit

This Thing Of Ours

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 555
« Reply #641 on: November 21, 2020, 10:27:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

The difference? If this had been Trump, there would have been a million articles plastered everywhere. Instead, all I could find was one article on the guardian.

CNN talked about it yesterday.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M2mjre_hIU&ab_channel=CNN

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #642 on: November 21, 2020, 10:34:46 AM »
Gene, I am genuinely interested to know what you mean by groupthink regarding covid, and what your opinion is on the matter, should it not align with the group.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #643 on: November 21, 2020, 11:02:35 AM »
even forgetting that Joe Biden is one of THE primary architects of the United States’ distinctly fucked system of “mass incarceration” (hey, you privileged hypocrites, fuck off with “he’s changed” and he’s apologized,” because those changes and those apologies do nothing to negate all of the lives and families his policies destroyed), his and Harris’ plans to disarm the poor and working classes are a whole other reason the population of poor and working Americans who i am part of, could never have voted for him--which says a lot, because toxic white billionaires like Trump are my truest enemy, and Biden is so fucked i still could not vote against Trump, so this was one of the clearest elections in my adult life, when there truly was no choice whatsoever.

nothing says a candidate is more out of touch with the daily experiences of poor and working people, than the desire to disarm them--there’s a whole page dedicated to Biden and Harris’ plans for this, couched in lots of euphemistic language for forced buybacks and outright confiscation here:

https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/

fuck Biden right to hell--he is Trump in a different suit, no matter what all of the privileged hypocrites in here want to tell themselves to make it seem like it’s all going to be alright.

the shooting ranges that I frequent have been more diverse places than the university campuses where I teach since before the current manic run on guns and ammo. amongst the various channels of (mis)information, Biden has already been talking to the ATF about how to proceed, and the ATF is already making moves with regards to “braces” on “pistol-caliber-carbines,” and i’m going to go ahead and state here, that rich, privileged fucks trying to disarm the poor and working people of this country will do more than anything else to makes these classes see their commonality, see beyond racial, ethnic, and cultural differences, and come together.

"The unpreparedness of the educated classes, the lack of practical links between them and the mass of the people, their laziness, and, let it be said, their cowardice at the decisive moment of the struggle will give rise to tragic mishaps."
                                                                                   -Frantz Fanon

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #644 on: November 21, 2020, 11:07:49 AM »
Just like that Kenyan mooslim Obamer was gunna take our guns and put us in FEMA concentration camps...

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #645 on: November 21, 2020, 11:15:51 AM »
Just like that Kenyan mooslim Obamer was gunna take our guns and put us in FEMA concentration camps...

you see, you're talking to me like i'm some right-wing Trump supporter here...not even fucking close...i'm a far left, English professor in the humanities who comes from a poor/working family that's been through all kinds of shit, and has had to defend itself against violence before.

then again bruh, maybe you should just kook me and show everyone what a real grown-ass person does when faced with a perspective that doesn't fit into their simplistic binary way of looking at shit...

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #646 on: November 21, 2020, 11:18:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you see, you're talking to me like i'm some right-wing Trump supporter here...not even fucking close...i'm a far left, English professor in the humanities who comes from a poor/working family that's been through all kinds of shit, and has had to defend itself against violence before.

then again bruh, maybe you should just kook me and show everyone what a real grown-ass person does when faced with a perspective that doesn't fit into their simplistic binary way of looking at shit...

well, if that's what you want....

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #647 on: November 21, 2020, 11:19:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

well, if that's what you want....

there you go...kisses to you man

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #648 on: November 21, 2020, 11:21:50 AM »
<3  :-*

and who said we can't have peaceful political discussions on slap.

geneparmesan

« Reply #649 on: November 21, 2020, 11:33:06 AM »
Gene, I am genuinely interested to know what you mean by groupthink regarding covid, and what your opinion is on the matter, should it not align with the group.

I think we should question the numbers and the efficacy of lockdowns, as I agree with the World Health Organization that lockdowns should not be used as the primary means of controlling the virus. The special envoy to covid at the WHO said, “lockdowns just have one consequence that you must never, ever belittle, and that is making poor people an awful lot poorer.” (https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-12/world-health-organization-coronavirus-lockdown-advice/12753688?)

In terms of numbers being inflated, Fauci himself said that the pcr tests are not reliable if the cycle threshold is 35 or more and that that would lead to false positives:
3:50 into this interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_Vy6fgaBPE

The New York Times has reported on this as well (https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/29/health/coronavirus-testing.html)

As far as saying we should be able to discuss challenging ideas without name calling, I was not asking for a safe space from EdLawndale, and wrote this because of the Appleyard thread torching him for his thoughts. Dude's a legend in skateboarding and doesn't deserve the shade thrown at him for expressing his opinion.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #650 on: November 21, 2020, 12:14:14 PM »
Just to take it back a bit, because this is interesting;
We got Trump because of Obama and Biden. As many have said, Trump is the symptom, not the cause.
The symptom of what exactly?
It's such a washed out statement that gives you some 14 million hits on google, from basically any type of media source on any remotely political topic you can imagine. If one could define what he is the symptom of, then maybe one could find a solution to it.

Telly

• Rep: -150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #651 on: November 21, 2020, 12:14:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think we should question the numbers and the efficacy of lockdowns, as I agree with the World Health Organization that lockdowns should not be used as the primary means of controlling the virus. The special envoy to covid at the WHO said, “lockdowns just have one consequence that you must never, ever belittle, and that is making poor people an awful lot poorer.” (https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-12/world-health-organization-coronavirus-lockdown-advice/12753688?)

In terms of numbers being inflated, Fauci himself said that the pcr tests are not reliable if the cycle threshold is 35 or more and that that would lead to false positives:
3:50 into this interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_Vy6fgaBPE

The New York Times has reported on this as well (https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/29/health/coronavirus-testing.html)

As far as saying we should be able to discuss challenging ideas without name calling, I was not asking for a safe space from EdLawndale, and wrote this because of the Appleyard thread torching him for his thoughts. Dude's a legend in skateboarding and doesn't deserve the shade thrown at him for expressing his opinion.

Yeah, he does.  It’s better to be silent and thought a fool than it is to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

geneparmesan

« Reply #652 on: November 21, 2020, 12:28:30 PM »
Expand Quote
We got Trump because of Obama and Biden. As many have said, Trump is the symptom, not the cause.
[close]
It's such a washed out statement that gives you some 14 million hits on google, from basically any type of media source on any remotely political topic you can imagine. If one could define what he is the symptom of, then maybe one could find a solution to it.

He's the result of the failed policies of the previous administrations. Democrats need to look at why Trump was appealing in the first place, as opposed to viewing him as a unique existential threat and claiming that anyone who supports him is a brainwashed right wing white supremacist, as many have done on this thread. The last exchanges between Deputy Wendell and Big Skatefase are a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

If you watched the video I posted there's many sources (majority msm media btw) and much information about what Obama did while in office.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #653 on: November 21, 2020, 12:38:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

He's the result of the failed policies of the previous administrations. Democrats need to look at why Trump was appealing in the first place, as opposed to viewing him as a unique existential threat and claiming that anyone who supports him is a brainwashed right wing white supremacist, as many have done on this thread. The last exchanges between Deputy Wendell and Big Skatefase are a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

If you watched the video I posted there's many sources (majority msm media btw) and much information about what Obama did while in office.

Example of what?

geneparmesan

« Reply #654 on: November 21, 2020, 12:53:10 PM »

Example of what?

It's clear that DW doesn't support Trump, but the point stands that critiques on here are met with derision and assumptions, ie

Quote from: Big Skatefase

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #655 on: November 21, 2020, 01:00:53 PM »
Expand Quote

Example of what?
[close]

It's clear that DW doesn't support Trump, but the point stands that critiques on here are met with derision and assumptions, ie

Quote from: Big Skatefase
Expand Quote
[close]

When did I say he supports Trump? Did you just make an assumtion? I'm just joking about out how the failed 2A propaganda brought up under the Obama administration is similar to the new 2A propaganda based around Biden.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #656 on: November 21, 2020, 01:05:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

You see, there are some issues about using some washed up "comedian" as your source. Did Obama militarize the police? No, the DRMO (later DLA) with their 1033 program which has been running since the 1990s militarized the police because of an abundance of material available from OEF and OIF, plus the obvious influx of veterans of OEF and OIF who bring new TTPs into training. This however, has nothing to do with why Republicans voted for Trump, or anything about a cause or symptom.

So Jimmy here isn't truthful, even though he ranted about being it for a while. Hell, he even puts in an The Onion article at the end.. If I can dismantle Jimmys so called arguments, then I really hope that anyone can.

If I try my best to make a conclusion based on the video; The reason Republicans voted for Trump was because Obama involved the US in a lot of international situations. Am I onto what you consider to the reason? If not, could you for the sake of the discussion, list the most crucial failed policies?

Glurmpz

« Reply #657 on: November 21, 2020, 01:11:25 PM »
even forgetting that Joe Biden is one of THE primary architects of the United States’ distinctly fucked system of “mass incarceration” (hey, you privileged hypocrites, fuck off with “he’s changed” and he’s apologized,” because those changes and those apologies do nothing to negate all of the lives and families his policies destroyed), his and Harris’ plans to disarm the poor and working classes are a whole other reason the population of poor and working Americans who i am part of, could never have voted for him--which says a lot, because toxic white billionaires like Trump are my truest enemy, and Biden is so fucked i still could not vote against Trump, so this was one of the clearest elections in my adult life, when there truly was no choice whatsoever.

nothing says a candidate is more out of touch with the daily experiences of poor and working people, than the desire to disarm them--there’s a whole page dedicated to Biden and Harris’ plans for this, couched in lots of euphemistic language for forced buybacks and outright confiscation here:

fuck Biden right to hell--he is Trump in a different suit, no matter what all of the privileged hypocrites in here want to tell themselves to make it seem like it’s all going to be alright.

the shooting ranges that I frequent have been more diverse places than the university campuses where I teach since before the current manic run on guns and ammo. amongst the various channels of (mis)information, Biden has already been talking to the ATF about how to proceed, and the ATF is already making moves with regards to “braces” on “pistol-caliber-carbines,” and i’m going to go ahead and state here, that rich, privileged fucks trying to disarm the poor and working people of this country will do more than anything else to makes these classes see their commonality, see beyond racial, ethnic, and cultural differences, and come together.

"The unpreparedness of the educated classes, the lack of practical links between them and the mass of the people, their laziness, and, let it be said, their cowardice at the decisive moment of the struggle will give rise to tragic mishaps."
                                                                                   -Frantz Fanon

For anyone who doesn't want to read all this, here's the summary...

I like guns.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #658 on: November 21, 2020, 01:15:48 PM »
Expand Quote

-Frantz Fanon
[close]

For anyone who doesn't want to read all this, here's the summary...

I like guns.

based on the few exchanges i've had with you, it's so clear that you respond to people's comments without actually reading them or any material that accompany them.

so, you've never had to defend yourself, someone you love, or your home? must be nice...

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #659 on: November 21, 2020, 01:22:07 PM »
Where in that link that you posted have a policy that would stop you from being able to defend yourself, your loved ones, or your home?