Author Topic: Most embarrassing slams  (Read 5366 times)

Stu Pickles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 96
Re: Most embarrassing slams
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2020, 10:19:38 AM »
this is me in the second clip after the drop-in to the sand. vertically clotheslined myself on the edge of a solid steel door as a resident of the house we were skating opened it. after i flew onto the concrete they silently stared at me in shock. i stood up and said "sorry we're leaving" without making eye contact. embarrassing because every chode in town with an Instagram felt the need to tell me they saw this and ask "how it feels to be on hall of meat" with a straight face. and people for months after wanting to bring it up to people around me, "did he show you this clip yet??!!" honestly gets a little old having a document of you at your most abject and vulnerable making the people around you mindlessly entertained. more annoying when its someone who doesn't skate pointing and laughing.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtMZInqH0jY/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link (sorry don't know how to embed)

thats hilarious, ive seen that clip before. looks like it woulda stung for a while

dilbert1

• Rep: 141
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2020, 10:47:16 AM »
Expand Quote
this is me in the second clip after the drop-in to the sand. vertically clotheslined myself on the edge of a solid steel door as a resident of the house we were skating opened it. after i flew onto the concrete they silently stared at me in shock. i stood up and said "sorry we're leaving" without making eye contact. embarrassing because every chode in town with an Instagram felt the need to tell me they saw this and ask "how it feels to be on hall of meat" with a straight face. and people for months after wanting to bring it up to people around me, "did he show you this clip yet??!!" honestly gets a little old having a document of you at your most abject and vulnerable making the people around you mindlessly entertained. more annoying when its someone who doesn't skate pointing and laughing.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtMZInqH0jY/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link (sorry don't know how to embed)
[close]

thats hilarious, ive seen that clip before. looks like it woulda stung for a while

honestly wasn't that bad, this was first thing in the morning out the door and i skated the entire day after lol

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2020, 01:34:27 PM »
Best thread in ages. I got two: my friend skates his trucks matt rod loose, bushings chopped in half. I was in local shop and accidentally took his board instead of my own, went out of the door and threw board under me while casually saying bye to homies. One push and front truck got into gnarly wheelbite and I flew, of course there was this most beautiful lady who I ended up knocking down on the street, landed straigh onto her feet and we tumbled down😬 She took it nicely but I felt so bad I just kept saying I’m sorry I’m sorry, took my stuff and went back to shop embaressed as hell... Other one was first time I tried longboard, on main street busy saturday with shitloads of people around. Pushed like 100meters and after one succesfull powerful push on my second push I kicked straight to my backwheel as I’m used to regular boards and not wheels sticking out like crazy. Board stopped and I again on the air I was, had a walk of shame after that as it was slightly downhill and those 70mm+ wheels just kept rolling, had to walk pretty far to get on to it. Lesson learned, don’t do longboards.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2020, 01:44:24 PM »
If there’s a rock I will fucking find it.

stuck_kingpin

• Rep: 0
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2020, 05:52:04 PM »
 I was ollieing up a small marble fountain on the local plaza in my hometown, i was doing it consistently enough to get careless, there is a small crevice between the edge of the fountain and the marble pad that you land on, i managed to get my two back wheels stuck on the crevice and slammed hard on the fountain. I got up and continued skating normally, the next day the area where my tailbone is, was hurting like hell when sitting on chairs and getting up. I found out i cracked a bit of my tailbone on a stupid ollie up a fountain. It continued to hurt like hell for 5 or 6 months after that.

BTW this is the fountain/spot where i cracked my tailbone

BurntPorridge

• Rep: -4
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2020, 06:52:54 PM »
There's a shelter at  my local with two benches facing one another  underneath it, one day I was just fucking around and tried a variation of a hippie jump where I ran across both benches, and as I went to jump back on my board I smacked my forehead on one of the inner beams and landed on my back. Surprisingly it didn't really hurt that much given the solid thud my head made..

As for actually embarrassing, I recall hitting a pebble and eating shit at a bus interchange packed with kids finishing school for the day.

LiterallyRyan

• Rep: -19
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2020, 07:15:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

** (sorry don't know how to embed)
[close]

[close]

honestly wasn't that bad, this was first thing in the morning out the door and i skated the entire day after lol

But at least the run up looks steezy. What were you going to do?

Bongwater Mojito

• Rep: 50
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2020, 12:48:57 AM »
Few years ago found an "unseen new spot" riding my bike to lunch; a small uphill/bank with construction work street gap on top of it. Perfect concrete/asphalt, was planning all kinds of tricks over the gap in my head. Went back another day with my board completely stoked to film something. There was some bike and bus traffic on the road, and a bus stop nearby. As soon as one load of bus passengers had entered their bus, started pushing on the smooth flat for initial ollie. Wanted to do it on fast speed, and the bus was riding next to me. What I did not notice at all was the 2cm step in beginning of the bank because of stone slab leveling up from concrete... So full body slam in high speed into the bank, with busload of people watching it happen from 3 meters distance. Luckily only lots of road rash and some bruises.

Had to back with some Plastic Padding and fix it, but the bank just made the gap harder after all.

chrisskates808

« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2020, 01:26:34 AM »
We've all had those falls. Maybe you were trying to impress someone, or wrecked on something easy. What's the one slam where you lost all dignity?

For me I was skating on a smooth cement walkway in a public park. There was a covered area with picnic tables and a kids birthday party. I was trying to be all cool and really push a carve around a corner in this bend in the path. I leaned too hard and flung myself into some dirt on my side. I would have stayed down - but the entire birthday party was pointing and laughing at me. I collected myself, got up, and skated away like nothing happened, even though my elbow and knee both hurt.

I provided more entertainment than any balloon animal making clown ever could.
This isn’t a slam but I hate when your wheels hit into a small pebble infront of everyone and you fall forward. Just makes me look like a fool of myself

Old_Dawg

• Rep: -24
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2020, 02:25:43 AM »
It was mid scandinavian summer and i was skating the path through a large public park on saturday afternoon to meet friends. People everywhere, jogging, sunbathing chicks and folk generally enjoying the sunshine. Trying to look cool and enjoying the attention, i was skating fast and trying to get that elongated and accentuated push (you know what i mean). I leaned into a bend in the path and hit some moss/lichen and completely slid out, landed hard and rolled, scraping upå my arm in the process. There were alot of onlookers and some lady came and asked if i was ok and i pretended i was, even though i was bleeding. Got up and skated away 'normally'.   

Doom patrol

• Rep: 70
« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2020, 02:48:08 AM »
One of my most embarrassing slams is also one of my favorites.
About 5 years ago I sold my house and before I moved overseas indefinitely I rented a cheap room in a shitty share accom right in the city in my home town for a summer. I didn't work, I just went swimming and hung out till the temperature was nice and then skated for hours on end every single day. It was the best time of my life.
On my last night skating before leaving I wanted to get at least one trick at all my favourite spots, some I'd been skating for more than 20 years, some I might not ever get to skate again. In a minor miracle for a skater as deeply untalented as I am I skated really well that night. I rattled off old favorite tricks at classic haunts and knocked out some new stuff I'd never done without any battles, no slams, I had the juice.
I pushed around around taking it all in till I could barely stand and life was beautiful.
I stopped at the supermarket on my way home and bought a bunch of my favourite foods for dinner to celebrate the end of an era and grabbed a huge slushie for good measure. I was going a pretty good speed down a mellow hill on the footpath with two bags of shopping and a full slushie in my hands when I saw two dudes walking up the street towards me. We were coming towards a bottleneck in the path but I thought I could throw an extra push in speed up and make it around them. I hit a rock and flung myself into the ground right in front of them, they had to jump out of the way as I skidded to a halt right where they were, slushie all over me, shopping scattered to the winds, skin off and bleeding on both arms and legs. One of the guys was asking if I was okay and helping me pick up my stuff, the other guy stood there looking traumatized by what he saw and just said "fuck that man" in disbelief that anyone would willingly set foot on a skateboard and risk something like that happening.
It was awful, but it was also kind of the perfect denouement to my night and that time in my life. Slamming is part of skating, you can't have one without the other ,yin and yang . Life is beautiful.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2020, 07:27:41 AM »
When I was like 14, someone brought a tiny rail to our local spot. We placed it off the sidewalk and I rolled up to it but somehow I allowed the nose of my board to get under the rail before popping an ollie, so I pretty much flung myself and slammed my stomach into the rail knocking all the wind out of myself. It was such a gnarly slam for such a tiny rail, my friends were laughing pretty hard as I laid on the ground trying to breathe.

Another slam that same year, was gonna nollie down a 4 stair which I would do pretty often, but this time my front wheels got caught on a small pavement crack and I again flung myself down the stairs knocking all the wind out of myself in front of friends.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2020, 09:36:41 AM »
The only slam I ever talk about. Bombing a hill a year ago on some tiny wheels and new thunders which I hadn’t rode yet. Right in front of this little kid. Never slammed going so fast in my life and I’m not in my prime. Broke my hand, fell on my hip so hard. My hand hurt but I thought it was just the asphalt in my hand. My hip was what really hurt at first. When I got home twice my leg got stuck in a weird position. But then when I slept my hand kept me up.

It was the simplest shit and I slammed like crazy in front of that kid, his dad and some cars.

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2020, 09:56:23 AM »
One time I just finished a line in this mini bowl (like the deep is only 6') and was standing on my board at the edge of the bowl looking at my phone, and all of a sudden I just fall into the deep, head first. I fucking hit my head hard at the bottom of the concrete bowl and all 3 people at the park watched me do this and were tripping out asking if I was good. Luckily my skull is harder than Wolverine's adamantium because I didn't even get a concussion from it, just embarrassment. I still don't understand how I walked away uninjured from a 12 foot fall head first on concrete lol.

ChrisSennsGirlfriend

• Rep: 126
« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2020, 10:45:26 AM »
warming up on a small 2 flat 3 that we'd seshed before - hit a pebble at the top, flew to the flat, literally bounced off the flat and my fetal position body cleared the 3 stair at the bottom. bolts. no toe drag.

homies laughed about it for months and there wasn't even footy
Mike Anderson is a small town labor union hottie

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2020, 11:11:58 AM »
i was skating around Ayala park a week or two ago and was fucking around and did a flatground trick and somehow my back foot didn't connect with the board and stuck on the ground and i sat on my knee while rolling my ankle at the same time.

There was a group of about 15 people all posted against the wall i was skating towards and there was a collective groan from all of them as i tweaked my leg. Now your boy has a fractured ankle and a bum knee. shalom

edit - this is essentially how i looked on the ground lol

MR102889

• Rep: 30
« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2020, 11:13:08 AM »
I was skating to class. Was riding this cruiser board. There was this hole I thought I could roll over since I had the bigger, softer wheels. Boy I was wrong. Got caught up in that hole and took a slam straight to my face. Couldn't put my hands down as I was holding my lunch, which was flying everywhere. This girl that was sitting on the bench nearby just gasped. I just picked myself up, grabbed everything and went to class. Put up my hoody so people couldn't see my face since it was scraped up.

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2020, 11:20:39 AM »
Tried to lip slide a tiny bump to bar and clipped. I didn't even try to put my arms out and smacked my chin, breaking my tooth in the process. This was in front of a group of younger skatepark girls. I picked my board up and went to through it down and missed, falling again. 16 year old me was bummed as shit that day.

Also this has to be posted in this thread for good measure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NulgtJrRfPQ

came here to post this, let's include that one too
8:44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id5ynpjxkqM&ab_channel=veganxbones

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2020, 11:37:07 AM »
One night when I was maybe 22 and living in Mission Hill Boston I accidentally grabbed my roommates board instead of my own to skate to the 7-11. I was really high and drunk having a blast bombing a little hill and decided to ollie a manhole cover. Mid ollie I realized I wasn't on my board and my roommates board was one of those little blue vinyl ones so my back leg completely left the board and I landed in a brutal split sliding down Hillside. Some people watched it happen and they had opinions which they then shared.

My most recent slam is so dumb. It was on a curb slappy noseslide shuv out. I stuck on the shuv and ended up rolling my ankle. I fractured my ankle and tore a tendon.

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2020, 07:15:41 PM »
Your mom.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2020, 10:27:22 PM »
One time I just finished a line in this mini bowl (like the deep is only 6') and was standing on my board at the edge of the bowl looking at my phone, and all of a sudden I just fall into the deep, head first. I fucking hit my head hard at the bottom of the concrete bowl and all 3 people at the park watched me do this and were tripping out asking if I was good. Luckily my skull is harder than Wolverine's adamantium because I didn't even get a concussion from it, just embarrassment. I still don't understand how I walked away uninjured from a 12 foot fall head first on concrete lol.

nightmare fuel

did you slip off the coping?
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2020, 11:07:02 PM »

nightmare fuel

did you slip off the coping?

Nah I didn't even slip... I just turned into the bowl since my eyes were glued to my phone... it sounds so stupid I wish it was recorded lol

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2020, 01:26:15 PM »
I was skating a london/euro gap at a slippery indoor park when I was a kid. Just learned how to ollie up stuff.
The ground was concrete, the obstacles all were wooden.
There was this tiny rock just in front of the london gap.
I came with a good amount of speed, wanted to blast a nice ollie.
But I hit this tiny rock right after I crouched down, fell the london gap up, and slided on the ground for a good while.
Michi Mackrodt gave me props for that haha
IG: @flowterspace

Baswell Cerry

• Rep: 0
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2020, 07:57:59 PM »
Back in mid 00's, skating in front of my house, neighbor pulls up with his friends while we are skating the flatbar. I remember wearing my light grey Shortys shirt. Tony Hawks American wasteland showed me Skitching was the cool shit. I hold onto this dudes Exploder and he guns it. I hold on for 30 or so feet and bail while he doing at least 15mph. Tuck and rolled 10 feet and as my friends run up Im getting off the ground. Elbows got a sweet gash and I cut my forehead above my nose. As I am laughing it off I can't help but notice my friend is staring down at my crotch.

I hit the ground so fucking hard my dick was hanging out the Weiner slot.
[Applause]

Gabagoolslide

• Rep: -85
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2020, 09:19:56 PM »
Went to a family reunion when I was 15 it was near a ski hill in Vermont. My family went mountain biking, hiking or just rode ski lifts. I went to the skatepark alone. It had a nice looking pyramid I wanted to session. I pushed at it just to like manual the top. Well there was morning dew on the ramp and I instantly slipped out and landed right on my chin and that bitch split and was bleeding like fucking crazy. I took my shirt off and layed in the grass, walked around and couldn’t find any help for like 4 hours just fucked pissed and embarrassed. My dad had to drive me an hour to get stitched up.

Merman

• Rep: -40
« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2020, 03:17:46 PM »
I have sacked on a metal gas station guard rail in front of a large amount of traffic. They honked their horn in recognition of my fail. You can bruise your taint in ways that won't allow it to heal for a very long time. That was my takeaway.

Sandygoat

• Rep: -45
  • THE BIGGEST SHALOMIE
« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2020, 04:27:21 PM »
I was skating back home in front of hundreds of people from my school. Hit some sand and went flying I had a jacket so nothing was hurt except my ego. Heard a few chuckles and I tried getting up but the damage was done. I made it home but I felt like a complete goober when I got laughed at. Another time I was going down a hill and a car was coming down the hill too. I go to the right and the car passes but I keep going to the right and hit some sand and went flying. It was horrible my shoe flew off and I sprained my wrist. Some guy asked me if I was ok while I was still on the ground which was even more humilating.The wrist still nags me a year afterwards I might need to get an X-ray.

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1558
« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2020, 04:51:20 PM »
I just set up a new deck and was pretty gassed on it. So I drove to a park I don’t normally go to because I wanted to give it a shot. I hop out of the car, run and throw down my board and immediately hit a pebble and got fucking tossed.

My hand was still in a cast and recouping from surgery I had a few weeks earlier, so I couldn’t really brace myself and smacked the side of head on the ground.

Knocked myself out, pissed my pants, and my wife had to drive across town to pick me up.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.