Author Topic: New Toy Machine decks designed by artist charged with multiple counts of Rape  (Read 20040 times)

Spaced Cadet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 113
Does Ed even oversee graphic stuff at Toy anymore? I had just assumed that he had other people doing graphics in his style. Like maybe he played a back seat and did the art assets that others would throw on a board graphic or something? I could see this collab going under Ed's nose if that's the case.

I could also see Ed doing the collab himself maybe but it would seem strange to remove the post if he knew what this guy is like and didn't care. I assume he either didn't know the collab was even happening because he isn't that involved anymore or maybe he didn't know what the guy did. But it just seems strange to know the guy's history and then back down instantly.

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
Lister is a disgusting kook and his art is really not that exciting. In Australia everybody has always seemed to love to slurp on his balls. I've known some ladies who've had very unsettling dealings with him and his friends.

Someone mentioned Dustin being his buddy earlier, Volcom have always pushed him hard over here.

Skateboarding has a lot of gross tentacles.
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1591
  • Overweight and Underprepared

Try deleting this you pathetic cowards.

Of course it is a full dip
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

trashparty

does anyone still even buy toy machine products in 2020?

doubt the artist would have made much commission anyway.

but yeah this is wack on so many levels. respect women or ill beat you're ass

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -389
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
  • User is banned from postingMuted
wheelbase?
9/11 was a national tragedy

Theshrunkendrunkard

• Rep: -31
Are we shocked that Ed did some creepy shit, or at least supported a dude that did creepy shit? Seriously? The dude would bring giant dildos on skate trips with teenagers.

Is ed “quirky”? Maybe. Is this shit suspect? Duh

If this board gets mass released I’ll never buy a toy board again.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
Not sure why Ed is getting all the hate here. Toy Machine is barely his company and I doubt he overlooks everything if anything at all. No one has mentioned Dan Lu at all. It's a one off board, the connection comes from Dan Lu who follows Anthony Lister. Either way, it's a terrible and lazy look for Toy Machine just like the rest of Tum Yeto, from not doing a simple google search from someone at Tum Yeto, to just copying and pasting that garbage statement. We'll see if they actually acknowledge their lack of due diligence and oversight or just pretend no one saw it.

Blueabyssofthisss

Toy Machine x Bill Cosby Spring collab 2021

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Expand Quote
"Pathetic cowards"
[close]
Yes.

Expand Quote
Maybe they didn't know?
[close]
I'm sure no one in the Toy Machine production line of this collaboration had access to google before funding this project. Great take.   

Expand Quote
Are you not gonna be satisfied until you take down every skate company around you ? Whats the end game ?
[close]
Just the ones that give paychecks to rapists and domestic abusers. The end game is to no longer have abusers, rapists, and misogynists involved in skateboarding in any capacity. Sorry that offends you so much, I'll be sure to consider your fragility next time something like this comes up.

Expand Quote
I bet you skate nikes
[close]
I bet you skate Toy Machine decks.
I was going to also mention canceling Nazis and or anyone associated with racist toolbags.
Dueces Bitch's

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 577
Damn I just stocked up on some toy boards to last me the next few months. Am I gonna skate them? Yup. Am I bummed on Ed and the company? Absolutely.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Toy Machine x Bill Cosby Spring collab 2021

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Expand Quote
"Pathetic cowards"
[close]
Yes.

Expand Quote
Maybe they didn't know?
[close]
I'm sure no one in the Toy Machine production line of this collaboration had access to google before funding this project. Great take.   

Expand Quote
Are you not gonna be satisfied until you take down every skate company around you ? Whats the end game ?
[close]
Just the ones that give paychecks to rapists and domestic abusers. The end game is to no longer have abusers, rapists, and misogynists involved in skateboarding in any capacity. Sorry that offends you so much, I'll be sure to consider your fragility next time something like this comes up.

Expand Quote
I bet you skate nikes
[close]

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
This is taken from the description of the board, that I don't even think Toy Machine read it and just put it on their website.

"So the artwork on this skateboard deck itself is of a painting which I painted originally of a beautiful lady. When I say “pretty” I unfortunately mean that in a purely cosmetic way. Turns out she was actually quite a deceptive and mean person. All that aside, her breasts transformed mid painting into alligators due to the nature of how she would snap at me for one reason or another. I found it appropriate to paint alligators on her breasts for this reason and that’s basically that. I am totally stoked The board and to be working with TOY MACHINE in general. In regards to TOY MACHINE as a company, I was naturally massively flattered to be asked to make an artwork for a board, and not just any board- this was for like one of my most favorite skaters at the moment! Like it’s not only because he’s skateboarding skill is super fuck off exceptional but also because of his major positive attitude. To put it simply; dudes exactly the kind of good vibes peeps I want to hang amd work with in my life. On TOY MACHINE in general ; like what can I say- TOY MACHINE is fucking dope and honestly the creator - Ed Templeton - dudes a fucking legend to me, Ed is the real deal and I know this because I’ve paid attention to what he and his girl have been doing for like over 20 years now and it’s always fucking rad. I met Ed’s skateboarding, art and photography work before I met Ed himself and on all occasions I was blown away. The year was 2002 and I was visiting NEW YORK CITY for the first time ever. I was in town to do a residency/mentor ship with painter MAX GIMBLETT, at the time he was based right there on the Bowery. There i was, alone in a new city, my first time to New York City and it was deep winter. I was such a kid I even took a snowsuit which I soon realized was a bit of an excessive decision once realizing I was having to take it on and off as I went in and outdoors so much. Point of the story is that one of the first galleries I stumbled upon (which I was so thankful I did) was DEITCH GALLERY where the ‘beautiful losers show’ was on. I immediately felt right at home and was so glad to see that they had built a full size ply wood indoor bowl with pool coping and all. So naturally being as naive as I was, as well as taking a stupid as fuck snowsuit I also brought my skateboard, obviously! because that’s what you do when you’re like 20 years old and you go to New York City for the first time right. It was there that I met Ed‘s artwork and the works of a lot of other great artists that really changed the way that I thought about making my own work that in turn helped to encourage me to pursue what I was kind of already on the track of pursuing. I remember being encouraged to do some tags on the bathroom installation that BARRY MCGEE had done and like that whole “the beautiful losers” show with Cheryl Dunn’s work and obviously Margaret’s paintings , obviously Espo, Phil Frost, the Gonz etc. I was like damn everybody just just blew me away and like the whole historical situation with legend curator Aaron ROSE and JEFFERY DEITCH and how it was all so real, it all just kind of clicked into place and I just feel like that would be Tony point and I pretty much hold you know Ed and you know that whole situation feel Frost responsible for being so awesome and I’m sharing that with me and simpson have become unique really great friends and maintain and you need to be high standard of inspiration to me to this very day. I think what like most impressed me (outside of his skating and art)and that kind of really stood out to me, was the way he did this interview walking backwards for like the whole time and that you know that was the nail in the coffin for me as falling in love with the art of Ed Templetons brain. Ok I’m babbling now, look - to be asked to make some work for TOY MACHINE is a huge honor for me. So yeah I’m all about it you know I’m obviously a skate or die motherfucker, obviously the search for chin lives within me, preschool that shit like star wars to kids my whole life, skatings the source just like the TAO. Oh hold on I should mention I got shows of my artworks coming up that I sneak info through on my website and Instagram hooks- it all under like my name- ANTHONYLISTER.com / I kinda also got this other thing I sometimes update with weird shit for sale like stupid lol action figures and even stupider shit like my spit and pubes on this website slash kind of store thing called- listerdangerzone.com -but no one really visits websites anymore or even goes on the internet these days so yeah like I guess you’ll just have to take my word for it that it. Fact is- on occasion I trim my pubic hairs, put em in jars n auction them (among other somewhat random artifacts) from this jump off. So yep that’s my story.
ANTHONY LISTER 2020"

Grim. All that aside, her breasts transformed mid painting into alligators due to the nature of how she would snap at me for one reason or another.

Coco Santiagos Kitten

Great Value David Choe. In every way.

hadouken

• Rep: 54
This guy is such a shitbag. There's a doco about him and there's a segment where he's trying to get his baby momma back (after his philandering, drugs and general fuckery made her pull the pin).

Anyway, his attempt to get her back is to make a big public display with some of his 'art', involve their kid in it and film the whole thing. Such a narcissistic thing to do and I'm not even remotely surprised there are more people who have come forward with stories about how much of a prick he is.

Ed blew it on this one.

Also, he and Dollin have been tight for ages.
&& lives to fuck the tits off new mums

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Johan Stuckey on Toy Machine, coming in hot.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • old and in the way
It's painful to see Toy Machine so out of touch and tone deaf. I guess since Ed talks a lot about morality and ethics some people are going to point their hurt at him specifically and I don't necessarily blame them. I miss his old graphics.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -5
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
It's painful to see Toy Machine so out of touch and tone deaf. I guess since Ed talks a lot about morality and ethics some people are going to point their hurt at him specifically and I don't necessarily blame them. I miss his old graphics.
Which seems off base for them since they had that BLM deck during the summer

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
Expand Quote

Try deleting this you pathetic cowards.
[close]

"Pathetic cowards"

Maybe they didn't know?

I bet you skate nikes

So I really doubt this, or whoever is in charge doesn't know how to do research. Collabs are planned months in advanced before release.

It's not like they started this project last week.

JamesNtheGntPch

• Rep: 38
  • Philadelphia, PA
Disappointing artist to associate with and a dipped board too. Someone fell asleep at the wheel and crashed.

Nicki

Not sure why Ed is getting all the hate here. Toy Machine is barely his company and I doubt he overlooks everything if anything at all. No one has mentioned Dan Lu at all. It's a one off board, the connection comes from Dan Lu who follows Anthony Lister. Either way, it's a terrible and lazy look for Toy Machine just like the rest of Tum Yeto, from not doing a simple google search from someone at Tum Yeto, to just copying and pasting that garbage statement. We'll see if they actually acknowledge their lack of due diligence and oversight or just pretend no one saw it.

I think you answered your own question.

Double Thick Filbert

• Rep: -56
Ed Templeton: "How do I show everyone that I have zero knowledge and taste in Art and the World in general?"

Anyone: Well the last 20 years...

Ed Templeton: We should collab with a shit cliche Walmart artist who is known for drugging and raping multiple woman

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
Expand Quote
"Pathetic cowards"
[close]
Yes.

Expand Quote
Maybe they didn't know?
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
I bet you skate nikes
[close]

Ed has been. Ed has been boarder line sexual offender since the 1990's trying or succeeding to take naked pictures of all his underage riders. I found it peculiar no one ever really questioned that..."oh that's just Ed" ok well Ed is a CP producer.
So this comes as no surprise, nor was it a surprise for Toy Machine. If he is good friends with DD, Dan Lu, and others in. the industry then rumors went around and people knew, most of all Dan Lu knew.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 795
His "art" is shit. There is several huge mural's here from him in my town they are horrible. Looks like they are open game now. Also Ed has been a creep for years...just look at his insta account fuck the pair of them.

Nicki

Can anyone really be that surprised that a 50ish yr old that hangs around the beach taking “candid” shots of semi naked women, children (and dudes) somehow got his skate company tangled up with an artist that objectify women and turns out to be a known scumbag currently on multiple charges for abuse and rape.

http://blakeandrews.blogspot.com/2020/10/q-with-ed-templeton.html?m=1

(All bold quotes by Ed)

- ”Many people witnessing me shooting on the beach would no doubt lump me in the same category as him, just another perv”.

- “We all have our perversions. I think intent is a major factor on how to judge a person's actions”.

- “There are bikini butts in my photos for sure. Shooting at the beach it's inevitable. And I will readily admit that the presence of both men and women in bathing suits make the images more compelling on some level”

- “I have for sure crossed into pervert territory while shooting down there, but I'm a shoot-first-ask-questions-later type of person.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
People here used to talk shit on this guy constantly.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
Expand Quote
"Pathetic cowards"
[close]
Yes.

Expand Quote
Maybe they didn't know?
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
I bet you skate nikes
[close]

You're fried.

This was obviously an oversight. With a company this small there wouldn't be that many people involved.

Do you think it's a company full of rapists ?

Do you think a company would knowingly release product associated with a known rapists?

Seriously, do you think that's the case ?

I want justice for a rapists , racists.... In fact if I find anything remotely unsavory about a company, I won't support it.

But this is serious reaching. Which is par for the course on this board. Hanging others for your own gratification.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
"Pathetic cowards"
[close]
Yes.

Expand Quote
Maybe they didn't know?
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
I bet you skate nikes
[close]
[close]

You're fried.

This was obviously an oversight. With a company this small there wouldn't be that many people involved.

Do you think it's a company full of rapists ?

Do you think a company would knowingly release product associated with a known rapists?

Seriously, do you think that's the case ?

I want retribution for a rapists , racists.... In fact if I find anything remotely unsavory about a company, I won't support it.

But this is serious reaching. Which is par for the course on this board. Hanging others for your own gratification.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 01:42:24 AM by RichardBarkley »
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

chrisskates808

damn, i bought a toy machine fists deck a couple of months ago but still didn't use it. hopefully, it wasn't designed by that rapist

chrisskates808

I don’t know why but this doesn’t surprise me.

didn't surprise me either especially with a lot of these incidents going on lately. for sure disappointed though.