Author Topic: Best free editing software  (Read 2061 times)

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Best free editing software
« on: October 27, 2020, 03:43:20 PM »
Im trying to edit some footage and wonder what is the best free editing software where I can log tapes. I know imovie is decent but wonder what you guys can suggest.

CHONGO

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
Re: Best free editing software
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 07:54:51 PM »
you can pay 20$ a month to get adobe premier. I did that for awhile.

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 08:03:00 PM »
Become a pirate and torrent adobe premier or sony vegas

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 12:25:25 AM »
maybe shotcut? that's what i use and i heard it has a better audio editor than many paid for programs, as well as lots of other features, no watermark, all kinds of rendering resolutions and formats. preview screen is laggy and unreliable, at least on my machine. not sure if it is considered a professional software, but it's often mentioned as one of the best free programs and i like it better than davinci resolve, which i kind of don't get how filters and stuff works in.

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2020, 06:58:45 AM »
If you have a mac, the adobe suite is easy to crack. Takes 5 min total.

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2020, 07:11:45 AM »
I saw ”Davinci resolve” mentioned in another post like this here. I’ve used it a little and think it can hold it’s weight compared to the paid software if you put in some time to learn it.

bataaard

• Rep: 40
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2020, 11:55:41 AM »
if you need a free software, it's not a bad idea to use davinci since it's used in the video industry.

robertson

• Rep: -8
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2020, 03:30:13 PM »
I was having major problems with Sony Vegas.  Switching to Davinci Resolve was the best choice I have made.  It's super good, and there are a ton of tutorials on Youtube.  You wont be disappointed.

lazer69

• Rep: -95
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2020, 08:05:25 PM »
since my computer is too crappy to handle any video editing software and my clips are on my phone, whats the best editing app?

bataaard

• Rep: 40
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2020, 12:42:03 PM »
lumafusion is pretty good

JimGeko

• Rep: -38
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2020, 05:11:44 AM »
I saw ”Davinci resolve” mentioned in another post like this here. I’ve used it a little and think it can hold it’s weight compared to the paid software if you put in some time to learn it.

This!
What do you say on a Slap signature?

I DON"T KNOW!

MASHED POTATO * APPLE SAUCE * BUTTERY... BISCUITS.

https://ephmedia.giphy.com/4e27e798-9a5d-4df3-87ba-b18f905e055a.gif

lazer69

• Rep: -95
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2020, 01:15:38 PM »
lumafusion is pretty good

just checked app store, it aint free.  :-[

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2020, 11:47:30 PM »
the free version of lightworks is really solid for sure

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

clintendo

• Rep: 24
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2020, 05:24:10 PM »
You using PC or Mac?

PC
You can find Adobe CS6 master suite pretty easily on pirate sites, all its takes to rip is a switch of .dll file

MAC
I personally haven't tried it, but I have witnessed it done
Download the free trial of Final Cut Pro, then just adjust the clock back to the date it you started the trial

Personally I just forked out for the Adobe CC subscription as I use it for work & skate stuff.

nolliecrooked

• Rep: -23
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2021, 04:34:13 AM »
easiest one is just crack adobe premiere from torrent, with a few plugins you have a good professional software to edit.

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2021, 12:15:25 AM »
I didn't want to create another topic as it is quite similar.

What are you guys using to edit on Android ?
I was using iMovie before but I switched to Android and I'm kind of lost with all the apps available.

Thanks !
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

doyle

• Rep: 210
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2021, 08:54:51 AM »
I use InShot on iPhone but I think it's on the Google Play store as well. In my opinion it's wayyyy better than any other editing app I've ever used (other than Splice before a terrible update a year or two ago).

edit: only thing is that the free version puts a watermark on the exported video, but it's only a couple bucks for the pro version.

suckmadeck

• Rep: 27
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2021, 12:42:41 AM »
Kden Live. Used to be Linux only but now it's available on Windows and I believe Mac.

depresseddingo

• Rep: 0
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2021, 12:56:29 AM »
Avid Media Composer (Industry standart in movie editing) also has a free version wich its called "Avid first". I believe it is limited to 5 video tracks and 8 audio tracks but for skate videos it could be quite enough especially if you just start out with editing.
Downside of this option would be that it really is more an editing software than anything else. If you want to go crazy with effects and blending layers you'd probably wanna go with premiere.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2021, 07:31:10 PM »
Avid Media Composer (Industry standart in movie editing) also has a free version wich its called "Avid first". I believe it is limited to 5 video tracks and 8 audio tracks but for skate videos it could be quite enough especially if you just start out with editing.
Downside of this option would be that it really is more an editing software than anything else. If you want to go crazy with effects and blending layers you'd probably wanna go with premiere.
Avid was made to mimic reel to reel editing, but on a computer. Yes it’s the industry standard, but it’s overkill and frustrating to learn for beginners. Avid has the steepest learning curve out of any editing program. You can pay for an Adobe subscription and be well off if you can afford it. You can also download Davinci Resolve for free. The free version has less features than the premium version, but for most people in skateboarding as a whole that’s a non-issue
fuck you bama

depresseddingo

• Rep: 0
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2021, 07:04:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Avid was made to mimic reel to reel editing, but on a computer. Yes it’s the industry standard, but it’s overkill and frustrating to learn for beginners. Avid has the steepest learning curve out of any editing program. You can pay for an Adobe subscription and be well off if you can afford it. You can also download Davinci Resolve for free. The free version has less features than the premium version, but for most people in skateboarding as a whole that’s a non-issue

I started with Avid and did not find it so difficult tbh. There are lots of good tutorials on yt as well. Since there is a free version wich is directed towards beginners I think it is totally doable. Also I dont know what should be overkill about it.

ImmanuelCunt

• Rep: 31
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2021, 07:44:16 AM »
Blender also has a video editor integrated (Video Sequence Editor). While it is not the main feature of blender I thought it was okay, at least it was enough for my very limited needs/skillset. It is also scriptable, at least there are some open source plugins (https://blenderartists.org/t/video-sequence-editor-news-add-ons/1188770).
I used it because it runs on Windows/MacOS/Linux and I wanted something more basic/easier to learn than davinci resolve.
Davinci resolve should be way more potent but I had blender already installed and it was enough for me.

Edit:
Blender is capable of handling the dv format.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2021, 07:52:37 AM »
Quality thread ya’ll.  I’ve been looking for some free stuff to edit some shit together but nothing I film warrants actually paying for something.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.