Author Topic: It’s skateboarding, let’s make some rules.  (Read 4826 times)

IpathCats

Re: It’s skateboarding, let’s make some rules.
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2020, 05:03:42 AM »
1. No mongo pushing unless you're riding switch or you're under the age of 12.

IpathCats

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2020, 05:05:24 AM »
1. No mongo pushing unless you're riding switch or you're under the age of 12.

2. If you're the best dude on the session, don't be a cool guy jocky douche about it. Everyone knows.

IpathCats

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2020, 05:07:23 AM »
3. Drinking and drugs are fine as long as you can handle yourself and still actually ride your skateboard. Don't use skateboarding as an excuse to get blasted.

IpathCats

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2020, 05:10:56 AM »
4. Style over substance. A simple trick done well is better than a complicated trick done like a circus clown.

johnes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2020, 05:24:50 AM »
Don’t shit on the mini ramp
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

IpathCats

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2020, 05:25:30 AM »
5. Buy shit from real shops. Teack kids the importance of  buying from shops, and to ask their parents buy from real shops. Don't be afraid to clown people for shopping at giant chains, use them as a last resort only. If you have to go to a big chain for whatever reason, do not promote or post it in any way.

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1558
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2020, 06:22:39 AM »
Don’t litter.
Be nice to everyone regardless of what they’re riding around (sans rc cars)
Smoking and drinking are fine, just be smart about it and who you offer it too.
Leave the spot nicer than you found it.
Don’t be a big timer or a cool guy, no one is impressed.
There is 0 room for any form of bigotry.
Don’t focus a perfectly good board because you’re having a shit sesh. We’ve all done it, but with the hard-goods shortage it’s more important than ever to hold on to shit or pass it down.
Don’t overwax.
Don’t snake.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2020, 06:33:35 AM »
#1 If I recall correctly from that Thrasher video: Don’t show up at Pulaski without at least three courses (salad doesn’t count as a course) and a wine list for the locals

#2 Don’t look a gift Mikey Taylor in the mouth

#3 You can lead a Mikey Taylor to water, but you can’t make him gentrify the neighborhood.  (He will anyways, you just can’t make him)

#4 Mr Gambardella is not allowed to poop, pee, or puke.  What happens in Vinny Vegas, stays in Vinny Vegas

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2020, 06:35:56 AM »
If the owner of the property is nice to you and asks you to not skate/destroy their property, do not skate it.

I've had a few people at businesses be pretty friendly and honest, so we basically struck a deal to not mess up their stuff.
Example: This guy had marble ledges put in (for landscape edges) and we walked up, drooling at it. He came out and said "I know you guys want to skate here, but can I ask you to please not. It cost me around $8000 etc etc". And we told him "Thanks for talking to us like adults, we won't ever skate this " and shook his hand. Never skated it.

We had a lawyer's office that let us skate the ledges by their front door while they were open. Will never forget that, had that spot for years. The new owner however parks their car there to block the ledges, so that is what it is.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2020, 07:57:48 AM »
Can't decide which one should prevail between being aware of your surroundings and respecting high ollie zones.

dooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2020, 08:01:34 AM »
Don’t litter.
Don’t focus a perfectly good board because you’re having a shit sesh. We’ve all done it, but with the hard-goods shortage it’s more important than ever to hold on to shit or pass it down.
Don’t overwax.
Don’t snake.
Dudes in their 30's getting fried with teenagers then bopping their heads to shitty trap music. It's embarrassing.

Don't make fun of longboarders if there actually trying to get some sick carving in at the local we are all one 4 wheeled team
Very Animal Farm.

Littering is a red flag behavior. Not even in skating.
Solid life hack: trash goes in trash can.
This. It's ugly, no matter who and what. Cigarette butts too - people think it's acceptable to litter them about without thinking twice. Fucking coolguy morons.

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 25
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2020, 09:29:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Don’t litter.
Don’t overwax.
Don’t snake.
[close]
Dudes in their 30's getting fried with teenagers then bopping their heads to shitty trap music. It's embarrassing.

Expand Quote
Don't make fun of longboarders if there actually trying to get some sick carving in at the local we are all one 4 wheeled team
[close]
Very Animal Farm.

Expand Quote
Littering is a red flag behavior. Not even in skating.
Solid life hack: trash goes in trash can.
[close]
This. It's ugly, no matter who and what. Cigarette butts too - people think it's acceptable to litter them about without thinking twice. Fucking coolguy morons.
Right?! I've gotten and he seen getting pitched from cig butts. So lame.
Whoa. Danger.

Watitdo

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2020, 10:12:03 AM »
Reading this is interesting how everyone is addressing rules like we live at skate parks. This thread seems more discussing skate park etiquette but is about "skateboarding". Sad yet fascinating.

Agree with the litter, which is unrelated to skateboarding but more so Mother Earth, just don't do anything to sabatage future sessions at any spot.

Sadly we have to suggest normal human being rules since we have so many immoral fuck heads in our community....so other than that...just don't ruin future sessions and no rules are the rules.

Auto correct spelt immortal fuck heads... thought that was pretty rad/metal. Lol

dooley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2020, 10:17:11 AM »
The worst is when you ask someone politely to clean up after themselves, and they act like you're asking for a fucking kidney. Worthless, entitled idiots.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2020, 11:00:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Anyone who is a lifestyle nfluencer or YouTube loser gets put out as a kook and no one is fucking with them.

Keep skating fun but with the right gatekeepers, yeah it should be inclusive to a certain extent but DON'T BE A KOOK OR ANYTHING THAT REMOTELY SUCKS...

Don't ask me where a spot is fucktard figure it out for yourself and build it if you can't find it.
[close]
rule #3: don't fuck with anyone that uses fucktard as an insult
That's your take away from this rant?

If you are that dense and unaware about how mind numbingly frustrating it is for idiots and dumb shits who come barge a spot and blow up a spot because of ig you clearly are part of the problem.

You probably would suck Johan's dick wouldn't you?
Dueces Bitch's

Yu Dum

« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2020, 11:09:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone who is a lifestyle nfluencer or YouTube loser gets put out as a kook and no one is fucking with them.

Keep skating fun but with the right gatekeepers, yeah it should be inclusive to a certain extent but DON'T BE A KOOK OR ANYTHING THAT REMOTELY SUCKS...

Don't ask me where a spot is fucktard figure it out for yourself and build it if you can't find it.
[close]
[close]

If you are that dense and unaware about how mind numbingly frustrating it is for idiots and dumb shits who come barge a spot and blow up a spot because of ig you clearly are part of the problem.

I'm sure we all agree that blowing up a spot is wack, but c'mon, man. Using any variant of the word "tard" is pretty foul. You can't justify that just because someone blew up your local spot. 

rusty knees

• Rep: -10
  • I had a photo in SLAP
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2020, 11:54:35 AM »
dont piss AT the spot

rusty knees

• Rep: -10
  • I had a photo in SLAP
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2020, 11:57:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Very Animal Farm.

'four wheels good! two wheels bad!' (scooters)

(i just finished reading animal farm again)

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2020, 12:03:08 PM »
No litter

Don't spit on the fucking concrete

If you tell a bunch of people to move away from a spot that you have decided to try and be a hero on and your first try isn't even close, you get one more try before you have to fuck off.

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Rep: -122
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2020, 12:06:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Lol Didnt you post some bi curious shit once so wouldnt that be you sucking the dick?

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2020, 12:12:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
I'm sure we all agree that blowing up a spot is wack, but c'mon, man. Using any variant of the word "tard" is pretty foul. You can't justify that just because someone blew up your local spot.
you got me, I admit it was wrong....
Dueces Bitch's

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2020, 12:13:25 PM »
Ben Degros is the only acceptable youtube skater to watch
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 96
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2020, 12:28:21 PM »
its been said many times already but I want to say it again: DON'T LITTER

Dont vibe out new skaters. You dont have to be their friend but if they cut you off dont act like a jerk, teach them how to not do it again.

I dont see any harm in keeping spots secret. Its fun if youre in the know and they eventually get found out.

Before you wax at least try 4-5 grinds to make sure it needs it, then ask if other people are skating it too. There is nothing worse than taking a piss or going to the cornerstore while a grom waxes the fuck out of something, only for you to come back and slip out hard. This situation is the only time ive yelled at a kid at a park who wasnt trying to steal my shit

Dong Hanglo

• Rep: 34
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2020, 12:45:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
lmao how did me mocking your use of fucktard lead you to that? fuck johan.
but yeah, whenever i hear people still saying person or any variant of it, it just reminds me of people that never ventured out of their hometown. you know the dudes from high school/your hometown that wore fox/monster apparel? those are the ones that say fucktard
also, don't complain about spots being blown out if you're posting them on ig. you're asking for it at that point

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2020, 12:57:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
lmao how did me mocking your use of fucktard stick lead you to that? fuck johan.
but yeah, whenever i hear people still saying person or any variant of it, it just reminds me of people that never ventured out of their hometown. you know the dudes from high school/your hometown that wore fox/monster apparel? those are the ones that say fucktardstick
also, don't complain about spots being blown out if you're posting them on ig. you're asking for it at that point
[close]

I hear ya I guess my bad attempt at humor missed the mark by being offensive, you prefer the term fuckstick instead? 

No I don't post shit on IG anyways because it is for fucksticks and people who's so shallow and empty that their only sense of validation is from a post or something similar.

I was being salty with that Johan comment try not to read too much in to it...... Look guy's to me the jabs I take aren't meant to hurt anyone's feelings so please let me stress this to anyone else if I take the piss out of a comment it's like we're around a coffee table talking shit and having a laugh. Nothing personal.......
Dueces Bitch's

UselessAsshole

• Rep: 200
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2020, 01:30:21 PM »
Give a hoot, don’t pollute!

Gabagoolslide

• Rep: -85
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2020, 01:38:07 PM »
Don’t cool guy me or I will cool guy you twice as hard

dooley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2020, 02:34:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Very Animal Farm.
[close]

RC cars = diseased barn mice.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2020, 03:09:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Very Animal Farm.
[close]

[close]
RC cars = diseased barn mice.
there's a dude with a car and drone that goes to my local like 20 minutes before they open on the weekends hoping to get 40 minutes to himself before everyone shows up and starts shit talking and he's one of the nicest dudes around. That very behavior is what kept my from skating my local until I was much older so I will not be continuing that trend or teaching my son to vibe people out either. If a dude shows up on fucking heelys I'd still dap him up after some cool shit.

SATIVA HYBRID

• Rep: -35
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2020, 03:15:46 PM »
the only rule i'd make is no more skating to fucking stoner metal or twangy banjo music, that shit is regular. jake donnelly had the right idea skating to too $hort
only hoe i love is popeyes
i put my dick in the drumstick