Author Topic: It’s skateboarding, let’s make some rules.  (Read 4831 times)

Peepeeboy69

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 14
Re: It’s skateboarding, let’s make some rules.
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2020, 03:46:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Don't make fun of longboarders if there actually trying to get some sick carving in at the local we are all one 4 wheeled team
[close]
Very Animal Farm.
[close]

'four wheels good! two wheels bad!' (scooters)

(i just finished reading animal farm again)
[close]
RC cars = diseased barn mice.
[close]
there's a dude with a car and drone that goes to my local like 20 minutes before they open on the weekends hoping to get 40 minutes to himself before everyone shows up and starts shit talking and he's one of the nicest dudes around. That very behavior is what kept my from skating my local until I was much older so I will not be continuing that trend or teaching my son to vibe people out either. If a dude shows up on fucking heelys I'd still dap him up after some cool shit.

lol this one time in the middle of the day park pretty busy this whole crew of those people riding the motorized one wheel things came thru and just did a lap around the park with glowing led helmets, motorcycle gloves, and 360 degree cameras and everything. Lots of unnecessary crouching and hand touching the ground bullshit going on.

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2020, 05:07:17 PM »
the only rule i'd make is no more skating to fucking stoner metal or twangy banjo music, that shit is regular. jake donnelly had the right idea skating to too $hort

I loved late 80s/early 90s rap at the time

don’t want to hear it at all now. i’m sure i’m in the minority on this, though

CrappyChan

• Rep: -54
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2020, 05:35:10 PM »
Expand Quote
the only rule i'd make is no more skating to fucking stoner metal or twangy banjo music, that shit is regular. jake donnelly had the right idea skating to too $hort
[close]

I'm in agreeance, it takes a very special skater and song to work ala Frank and ODB. Its better than trap but 90's hip hop feels like the safe choice these days
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourn story"

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Rep: -122
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2020, 05:48:24 PM »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2020, 06:31:09 PM »
littering is the worst. even if theres trashcans 10m away mostly young people litter and YOLO. also spiting on the ground...

other than that just have fun and respect others.

all people trying forbid people to do stuff (yo-flips for example) they enjoy doing should kook themselfes. because it conficts with rule 1 Fun and rule 2 Respect others. People can do yo flips all the time. theire life, their choices as long as they dont harm others ("yada yada it harms me to watch them do yo flips" is a bad argument btw.) if it hurts you to see homosexuals  its still no excuse to forbid it to them to be as they want. youre not more important than them!

just be nice to people as long as they dont behave like assholes. simple rule for life.
I agree with what you wrote, but I’m still going to be irrational in regards to yo-flips.
What’s your stance on smoking at the skate park? That defs causes harms to me and the fam...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2020, 06:39:34 PM »
Skin side down

Cellular

• Rep: 16
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2020, 12:41:09 AM »
Expand Quote
littering is the worst. even if theres trashcans 10m away mostly young people litter and YOLO. also spiting on the ground...

all people trying forbid people to do stuff (yo-flips for example) they enjoy doing should kook themselfes. because it conficts with rule 1 Fun and rule 2 Respect others. People can do yo flips all the time. theire life, their choices as long as they dont harm others ("yada yada it harms me to watch them do yo flips" is a bad argument btw.) if it hurts you to see homosexuals  its still no excuse to forbid it to them to be as they want. youre not more important than them!

just be nice to people as long as they dont behave like assholes. simple rule for life.
[close]
I agree with what you wrote, but I’m still going to be irrational in regards to yo-flips.
What’s your stance on smoking at the skate park? That defs causes harms to me and the fam...

Personally, always smoked weed outside of the park, in a car in the lot, bc it brings uneccesary attention that will fuck us over in the long run.  No nicotine in front of lil kiddos, but if it mostly olders idc

I mean he is kinda doing dog drugs so I fuck with it

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2020, 01:09:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Personally, always smoked weed outside of the park, in a car in the lot, bc it brings uneccesary attention that will fuck us over in the long run.  No nicotine in front of lil kiddos, but if it mostly olders idc
that’s a pretty good stance to have, you’re better than most people who smoke. The guys at my local bring their own ashtray which I can respect BUT they have no qualms smoking in front of kids and/ or skating around the park with lit ciggies which is infuriating at times. My kids will usually just say, “dad there’s  some smoker bitches over there let’s run away!” because they can’t stand the smell either.

Idk though, if we’re going to go down the whole “as long as it doesn’t infringe/ harm other people” route, then smoking needs to be included in that logic imho and if the smokers litter, then they should be put in the same category as other people who litter

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -198
« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2020, 02:03:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Don't make fun of longboarders if there actually trying to get some sick carving in at the local we are all one 4 wheeled team
[close]
Very Animal Farm.
[close]

[close]
[close]
there's a dude with a car and drone that goes to my local like 20 minutes before they open on the weekends hoping to get 40 minutes to himself before everyone shows up and starts shit talking and he's one of the nicest dudes around. That very behavior is what kept my from skating my local until I was much older so I will not be continuing that trend or teaching my son to vibe people out either. If a dude shows up on fucking heelys I'd still dap him up after some cool shit.
[close]

lol this one time in the middle of the day park pretty busy this whole crew of those people riding the motorized one wheel things came thru and just did a lap around the park with glowing led helmets, motorcycle gloves, and 360 degree cameras and everything. Lots of unnecessary crouching and hand touching the ground bullshit going on.
lmao. Thats a little much, I could see some people not liking that. We had one show up and try the output track near here, he immediately ate shit, HARD. Got up went around the entire track once and then he rolled away as mysteriously as he appeared

ogvados

• Rep: 5
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2020, 02:44:03 AM »
Don't fucking use soap as a wax

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2020, 02:57:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nah. I love all eras of hip hop but 90's (US) stuff is so played out. I feel like people have missed out on a lot of good unique hip hop because they still only want to hear boom bap from that era. Maybe not though.

Cellular

« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2020, 04:02:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
that’s a pretty good stance to have, you’re better than most people who smoke. The guys at my local bring their own ashtray which I can respect BUT they have no qualms smoking in front of kids and/ or skating around the park with lit ciggies which is infuriating at times. My kids will usually just say, “dad there’s  some smoker bitches over there let’s run away!” because they can’t stand the smell either.

Idk though, if we’re going to go down the whole “as long as it doesn’t infringe/ harm other people” route, then smoking needs to be included in that logic imho and if the smokers litter, then they should be put in the same category as other people who litter
yeah ify on that.  i travel a lot, and im pretty adjusting to cig smoke smell but ion wanna be the reason some kid gets  accused of smoking, and then gets the hanging around the wrong people talk. usually only use disposables skating park, ciggies a pain

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2020, 04:59:18 AM »
Boom bap is still the best shit

Sick_McCrank_

• Rep: -481
« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2020, 04:59:46 AM »
smoking is an interessting topic. havent been in a situation where it bothered me at a skatepark. i guess it comes down to rules set to individual parks. usually people smoke in the chillout areas. you cant really be smoking and skating at the same time, at least that what my lungs tell me.

smoking weed at parks should not be done, at least not in an exposed way. same with alcohol. if the park is basically empy it happens and i dont mind. obviously you dont do it in front of kids imo. for me personnaly im to anxious to smoke weed in public and be able to really enjoy it.  :-\
Trendwatch 2022: kooking Sick_McCrank_ everyday for being a kook

gonzSOI

« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2020, 05:03:18 AM »
dont piss AT the spot

and STOP SPITTING, IT'S FUCKING GROSS

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2020, 06:19:05 AM »
i still think my "no tight pants or you'll get fed to a shark" proposition is important and should be formally adopted.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2020, 06:51:14 AM »
Rule #5: If I switch treflip crook the ledge, don't switch treflip the ledge shuv out...that's a one up bruv and I want to skate with you not against you

Featherdale wildlife park

« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2020, 07:03:42 AM »
Rule number 666 everyone gets a medal and/or trophy

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2020, 07:08:54 AM »
Rule number 666 everyone gets a medal and/or trophy

They are called shin scars and bad joints.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2020, 08:30:20 AM »
Damn, this no-smoking-at-skateparks talk is making me feel like I live on a completely different planet, as here it's mostly the kids who do that shit (and film themselves doing it to look 'cool' on Instagram), and us older skaters trying to watch out for them and occasionally reminding them that it's wack.

Cellular

« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2020, 08:43:09 AM »
i jus try to think of the younger kids if they aint there by all means we smoke at the chill area.  pretty common to not show off smoking. cept for some poser girl lmao

dooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2020, 09:21:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Very Animal Farm.
[close]

[close]
[close]
I feel that, context and personality goes a long way. A drone at the skatepark just seems dangerous, even with altitude. Like bringing a flying chihuahua.

Damn, this no-smoking-at-skateparks talk is making me feel like I live on a completely different planet, as here it's mostly the kids who do that shit (and film themselves doing it to look 'cool' on Instagram), and us older skaters trying to watch out for them and occasionally reminding them that it's wack.
The smoke a cig and act laid back for the gram shit is the worst. Top-tier coolguy cringe shit.

ghettygreensili

• Rep: -9
« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2020, 11:58:32 AM »
rule #2, all videos must come out on laser disc

I'm in full support of this system.
Frontside grind blind on the government

Molte

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2020, 12:29:42 PM »
The only rules I live by

Christ airs, airwalks and darkslides

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Get bent
« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2020, 12:34:40 PM »

I don’t mind spitting but they shouldn’t do it where people walk or skate
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

primitive_rage

• Rep: 1
  • shut the fuck up
« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2020, 12:42:44 PM »

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2020, 01:01:05 PM »
I'm down with the no littering movement.  We had this little park the city put in on a rarely used basketball court about a five minute skate from my house.  Just smooth ground, a couple QPs, and a box/manny pad.  It became a big hang out spot for HS kids that didn't skate.  Like 40-50 people there on Friday/Saturday nights.  I used to go super early in the morning.  There were several fast food places and a 7-11 nearby. 

So much littering when there were pleanty of garbage cans and kids asking me to buy them cigs or beer when I'd go at night.  Never did.  I was walking my dog by there one morning and two city workers were loading all the stuff into a truck I asked them what was up and they just said, "Kids trashed this place." 

Vomit Lust

• Rep: 83
« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2020, 01:15:09 PM »
Don’t scream “FUCK!!!” at the top of your lungs in a crowded spot with kids and families all around. I don’t care how close your 100th try for that dumb manual shit you’re working on was. That blows up a spot faster than damaged ledges and graffiti. The owner of the property probably cares more about you driving off customers than they do about waxed up, marked up curbs. At least save it until you get hurt.

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2020, 01:28:56 PM »
Don’t scream “FUCK!!!” at the top of your lungs in a crowded spot with kids and families all around. I don’t care how close your 100th try for that dumb manual shit you’re working on was. That blows up a spot faster than damaged ledges and graffiti. The owner of the property probably cares more about you driving off customers than they do about waxed up, marked up curbs. At least save it until you get hurt.
If random tweakers and homebums are allowed to be a weirdo's and act like a goon so should a person being frustrated, I don't condone acting like a baby/focusing your board and having a full blown meltdown but a good proper fuck or goddamn it at ones self is motivation I think.
Dueces Bitch's

Brguy

« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2020, 01:45:29 PM »
The only twangy banjo music I can remember right now is the one in Destination Unknown, got some bad examples to prove your point?

smoking is an interessting topic. havent been in a situation where it bothered me at a skatepark. i guess it comes down to rules set to individual parks. usually people smoke in the chillout areas. you cant really be smoking and skating at the same time, at least that what my lungs tell me.

smoking weed at parks should not be done, at least not in an exposed way. same with alcohol. if the park is basically empy it happens and i dont mind. obviously you dont do it in front of kids imo. for me personnaly im to anxious to smoke weed in public and be able to really enjoy it.  :-\
Depends on the spot, some places you can smoke crack in them and it really wouldn't make that much of a difference.