Author Topic: Are you voting?  (Read 1510 times)

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
Re: Are you voting?
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2020, 02:10:59 PM »
Like many of you I always vote but rarely for major party candidate; sadly this time around Sleepy Joe has got my vote even though I live in Mass and we go blue every time. Literally anything to get this cunt out of office.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

tacotime

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2020, 02:13:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Miller92 you have a good memory. With all the nonsense that’s gone on for however-many-elections, it’s hard for me to remember which is which as far as what happened with each, just the general result or I feel like I’d be pissed off in some ongoing way. At a certain point I’ve had to let the details go. All the more reason it’s crazy to me the process hasn’t been simplified yet.

For something so symbolic in our culture, I feel there should be less room for confusion about what happened if we want people to see the results as legitimate. To me the popular vote is the only vote that should exist and we need to safeguard the process at all costs so the results are unquestionable.

I don’t know why the population as a whole isn’t making moves against the “Founding Fathers” deciding people aren’t educated enough for the result of the presidential election to hinge on them and that’s where the Electoral College comes in. One of their many conflicted ideas alongside “all men are created equal.”

Especially with the rise of communication due to technology and especially the internet, I don’t believe that argument should be allowed to stand anymore. I feel people should be insulted that it continues to exist. I personally don’t see how we can make actual improvements in the country that need to be made if basic principles behind how things get done are still so hypocritical.

It’s wild to think back and consider what you said about Gore. I remember feeling embarrassed when Bush was President and thinking it couldn’t get much worse. Little did I know ...

As little Bush once (ridiculously) said, “I think we can agree, the past is over.” Here’s hoping the future gets more sane. Like a lot of the other people posting I can’t believe these are the candidates we have to choose from.

Watitdo

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2020, 10:22:53 AM »
I voted last week...Let's hope there is a blue tsunami and the racist Republicans don't drag this election out in the courts for months.

matty_c

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2020, 12:16:27 AM »
I don’t understand political apathy either
I forget who but some greek said the penalty for not voting is being ruled by ones inferiors
listen to cosmic psychos

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2020, 05:15:48 AM »
Gnar
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

• Rep: -64
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2020, 09:32:17 AM »
California propositions are fucking nuts this year. Literally every one you look at is some kind of quality of life improvement opposed by the CA Republican Party.

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2020, 12:45:06 PM »
Yes. Went in person.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2020, 01:08:09 PM »
Mailed in my absentee ballot almost as soon as I could. Voted Biden/Harris. Hard to understand why anyone would want 4 more years of the current shitshow administration. I think I read this on here in another thread, but remember that voting is like riding the bus. You'll never get to where you exactly want to go but you choose the one that'll get you the closest to where you want to be.
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.