Author Topic: Michigan...... in the winter  (Read 2390 times)

hank

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -33
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Michigan...... in the winter
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2021, 09:21:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Know of three friends who contracted covid after skating modern on a busy night. They may have not gotten it from there but they all had it while skating there so be careful.
Been seeing some friends skate some parking garage in Ann Arbor so there's definitely something to skate that way.
Also, Olympia in Ypsi has a cool little setup in the shop that I got to skate awhile back that's worth checking out.
[close]
the survival rate is pretty high for the young so its ok
[close]

Gotta be sarcasm, right?
[close]
no
[close]

Stay in school
NO NEED TO BE SO SCARED BECAUSE IF YOU ARE A YOUNG HEALTHY MAN YOU SHOULD NOT BE SCARED OF IT I THINK I CAUGHT IT TWO MONTHS AGO IT WASN'T SO BAD MAYBE IF I WAS FAT AND OLD I WOULD BE SCARED

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2021, 10:58:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Know of three friends who contracted covid after skating modern on a busy night. They may have not gotten it from there but they all had it while skating there so be careful.
Been seeing some friends skate some parking garage in Ann Arbor so there's definitely something to skate that way.
Also, Olympia in Ypsi has a cool little setup in the shop that I got to skate awhile back that's worth checking out.
[close]
[close]

Gotta be sarcasm, right?
[close]
no
[close]

Stay in school
[close]
NO NEED TO BE SO SCARED BECAUSE IF YOU ARE A YOUNG HEALTHY MAN YOU SHOULD NOT BE SCARED OF IT I THINK I CAUGHT IT TWO MONTHS AGO IT WASN'T SO BAD MAYBE IF I WAS FAT AND OLD I WOULD BE SCARED

This is a good point if you are very stupid and also a dickhead  but for those of us who are not very stupid nor dickheads it's actually a very flawed point and god you suck.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2021, 04:30:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Gotta be sarcasm, right?
[close]
no
[close]

Stay in school
[close]
[close]

This is a good point if you are very stupid and also a dickhead  but for those of us who are not very stupid nor dickheads it's actually a very flawed point and god you suck.

Yeah, a very self centered dickhead argument. Plus, people of all ages can be immunocompromised. I'm not afraid for myself as much as I'm afraid of unknowingly becoming an agent for spread and playing a part in the deaths of others.

But by all means, go get your feeble grind on the indoor skatepark flatbar.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

hank

• Rep: -33
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2021, 07:14:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Gotta be sarcasm, right?
[close]
no
[close]

Stay in school
[close]
[close]

[close]

Yeah, a very self centered dickhead argument. Plus, people of all ages can be immunocompromised. I'm not afraid for myself as much as I'm afraid of unknowingly becoming an agent for spread and playing a part in the deaths of others.

but does it affect you

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2021, 02:55:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Gotta be sarcasm, right?
[close]
no
[close]

Stay in school
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
but does it affect you

Don't forget, your feeble grind on the indoor skatepark flatbar didn't happen unless you post it on Instagram! Bonus dickhead points awarded if unmasked in the clip.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2021, 05:19:20 AM »
Yeah, don’t really get why it’s so difficult to wear a mask.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Vernon Wells

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 34
  • Paydayyyyyyy
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2021, 07:39:39 AM »
Never been but there is an indoor park in Battle Creek.

http://www.battlegroundskatehouse.com/

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2021, 05:41:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You could always visit Brainerd Street Bowl or get a key. I skated the bowl once or twice in college and it was always a great time.
[close]

Brainard is done for the time being, sadly. I've been hearing rumors they're just moving and doing some street section shit.
[close]

Back on campus, there is also an underground low granite ledge/curb with curb cuts... "The Lair." Back side of the Rackham Grad studies building off East Huron street. If you visit this spot late at night, you wont be disappointed. After years of skating it in the winters, I only experienced gentle kick outs by janitors after hours.

[close]

Stoked to see new people ripping here, but man, people have been blowing this spot out on IG lately, haha. I've had less crowded sessions at Modern.
[close]

I hope I didn't blow it up with this, I didn't think too many would read it... Whenever I skated there years back it was never a bust, is that still the case?

The Lair was bust city for a minute when I was at U of M. Like cops ambushing from both entrances/exits. Glad it’s cooled down.

I do not plan to go to Modern at all this winter. I’ve seen more clips of people wearing helmets than masks there.

Sarcasm

• Rep: -9
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2021, 06:12:08 AM »
I've been snowskating as long as I've been skating. Just go outside find a spot and breathe in that fresh pine. It's nice too cause it's not as loud so people don't kick you out. Gotta later up though cause this time of year it doesn't get warmer than 3 degrees.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2021, 05:48:55 AM »
Never been but there is an indoor park in Battle Creek.

http://www.battlegroundskatehouse.com/

Bump because this park is a lot of fun. Checked it out for the first time yesterday for fossil night and stayed till closing (12am). Very nice mini ramp, although a little slick!