Author Topic: Franky Villani's "One Big Mess" Part  (Read 8631 times)

Paul Cicero

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
Re: Franky Villani's "One Big Mess" Part
« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2020, 02:35:15 AM »

I'm a slut for tasteful Casper stalls.

Class.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #91 on: October 31, 2020, 03:53:07 AM »
Watched it four times since last night, good times

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2020, 05:28:13 AM »
Good morning coffee and another viewing

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2020, 05:51:10 AM »
can't fathom how difficult it would be to do a fakie smith 180 on a rail

i was just making that trick into a sig gif. never seen it and seems so scary. it kind of looked like you are just falling down the stairs backwards with your board under you the whole time and then just land on it. so sick.

swordtechnique

• Rep: -56
« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2020, 08:18:13 AM »
part of the year for me easy

gub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #95 on: October 31, 2020, 09:13:32 AM »
this dude's skating does nothing for me, and sometimes i feel like i'm the only one

happy for him and all u tho

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2020, 09:46:37 AM »
Expand Quote

I'm a slut for tasteful Casper stalls.
[close]

Class.

That was one of my favorite moments from this excellent part. But I thought the choice of ender was kinda weird. It was a really standard hammer and didn't fit the vibe as a whole. It would have been better as a second- or third-to-last trick.

Glurmpz

« Reply #97 on: October 31, 2020, 10:15:34 AM »
this dude's skating does nothing for me, and sometimes i feel like i'm the only one

happy for him and all u tho

Nah, I'm with you. He's about as visually unappealing as it gets for me. Obviously very talented but... no thanks.

ohtight

• Rep: 19
« Reply #98 on: October 31, 2020, 10:16:13 AM »
crazy to me that his November part was 2014. I've been stoked on this dude since then and he has never disappointed. This is what skateboarding is in my eyes. Does whatever the fuck he wants, makes it look good/fun, and also has proper hammers. Wow.
zzz

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #99 on: October 31, 2020, 10:28:47 AM »
I’m very happy that Frankie didn’t do a 5050 During those 3 tricks on that grind up transfer grind down spot.
I’m always bummed when people skate a spot like that and 5050 is the first or second trick.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2020, 10:30:29 AM »
He's developed into a top shelf pro. Part was so insane. Did he get a chin check from the lamp post?

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #101 on: October 31, 2020, 10:56:06 AM »
I can't even imagine thinking up some of the tricks in that part! I like it when weird skating is not used as an excuse for making great skating - this is an extension of skating not a replacement

arcam

• Rep: -65
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #102 on: October 31, 2020, 01:02:11 PM »
fuck this asshole...orange wheels...fuck off

ColorWheelsGraphicsOut

• Rep: 4
« Reply #103 on: October 31, 2020, 01:41:55 PM »
fuck this asshole...orange wheels...fuck off

lmao

TheVisitor

• Rep: -13
« Reply #104 on: October 31, 2020, 05:06:48 PM »
Frankie is a fucking gift. God damn that was good.

TheFandangler

• Rep: 14
« Reply #105 on: October 31, 2020, 05:44:47 PM »
Best girl skater out there, hands down. Can't wait to see her in the Olympics.

HaveFunSkateboarding

• Rep: 20
« Reply #106 on: October 31, 2020, 08:21:47 PM »
He’s so casual no matter what he does

Imagine if he stayed on Zero and had Chief telling him how to skate and what tricks to do.  Thank god he escaped

Zero, and Jaimie are literally the absolute fucking worst. Every time I hear or read a new dispicable Jaimie story and the interviewer says something like "bro, that's just Jamie, that's how he is!" I think to myself, no, that's a controlling, abusive, narcissistic piece of shit.

Frankie is one of the most unique skaters I've seen in so long. Truly something to appreciate. His interview in the newest Thrasher made me love him so much more too. And again, his Jamie story made me cringe with disgust, and backed up my feelings towards Jaimie/Zero even more. I wish they'd make a Frankie board in an 8.3 so I could skate it. Also, everyone here saying he should be on another team, big nope. He's perfect where he is. Like some other people said here, they treat him well, and as a whole team they all get along and love each other it seems. That Encore video with Wade was rad as fuck, I agree.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #107 on: October 31, 2020, 08:56:13 PM »
Expand Quote

Imagine if he stayed on Zero and had Chief telling him how to skate and what tricks to do.  Thank god he escaped
[close]

Zero, and Jaimie are literally the absolute fucking worst. Every time I hear or read a new dispicable Jaimie story and the interviewer says something like "bro, that's just Jamie, that's how he is!" I think to myself, no, that's a controlling, abusive, narcissistic piece of shit.

Frankie is one of the most unique skaters I've seen in so long. Truly something to appreciate. His interview in the newest Thrasher made me love him so much more too. And again, his Jamie story made me cringe with disgust, and backed up my feelings towards Jaimie/Zero even more. I wish they'd make a Frankie board in an 8.3 so I could skate it. Also, everyone here saying he should be on another team, big nope. He's perfect where he is. Like some other people said here, they treat him well, and as a whole team they all get along and love each other it seems. That Encore video with Wade was rad as fuck, I agree.

any way you gotta link or something about that interview?

damn that was a amazing part, amazing skating, filming/editing and music

also Fulfill The Dream was the one of the earlier skate videos to use claymation

speaking of Primitive - i love that team but he's the only one that really stands out - seems like most the team are very tech / i know miles silvas kills rails but he's still super smooth so really makes Franky stand out the whole bunch
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

quaintly

• Rep: 10
« Reply #108 on: November 01, 2020, 12:31:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

any way you gotta link or something about that interview?

https://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/franky-villani-interview/

its on the thrasher site

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
« Reply #109 on: November 01, 2020, 01:43:58 AM »
I'm going to post tomorrow
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #110 on: November 01, 2020, 01:27:11 AM »
those chubby comments from the interviewer were weird and kind of a bummer. The kid just put out a crazy part and one of the first thing they say is "So you are a bit fat aint you ahaha". I never read thrasher so maybe it's always that bad. And the guy seems to have cool interests in films and music and all. Could have go a bit deeper into that. Anyway the part is still dope, seems like a cool guy to hang out with also. His versatility on the board is wild

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
« Reply #111 on: November 01, 2020, 01:29:55 AM »
amazing. It's like if Hsu and Barletta had a baby so they don't have to share a part anymore. 10/10

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #112 on: November 01, 2020, 01:42:50 AM »
amazing. It's like if Hsu and Barletta had a baby so they don't have to share a part anymore. 10/10

Hit the nail!! (Though I would love to see another Barletta/Hsu part again)

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #113 on: November 01, 2020, 02:50:26 AM »
Great part, pretty good mix of wildness and some legit bangers! Slightly too many combos and weird tricks for my taste, starts feeling a bit exhausting. Find myself surprised of how good he is almost after every trick, for some reason my brain doesn't want to accept that someone who looks like him could be such a talented and stylish skater

ricky bobby

« Reply #114 on: November 01, 2020, 04:40:10 AM »
I'm going to post tomorrow
Don't bother

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #115 on: November 01, 2020, 08:59:48 AM »
So good, he's such a weird fit on Primitive but I'm not sure what team he fits on. Franky needs his own board brand. This kid's footage is always gold, been a big fan since his Tri-Color part.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #116 on: November 01, 2020, 11:20:31 AM »
those chubby comments from the interviewer were weird and kind of a bummer. The kid just put out a crazy part and one of the first thing they say is "So you are a bit fat aint you ahaha". I never read thrasher so maybe it's always that bad. And the guy seems to have cool interests in films and music and all. Could have go a bit deeper into that. Anyway the part is still dope, seems like a cool guy to hang out with also. His versatility on the board is wild
yeah brought up fat kid like 3 times wtf was that. Uncalled for. Franky seemed to handle it well. Enjoyed the rest of the article and the zero/enjoi/primitive situation

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
« Reply #117 on: November 01, 2020, 11:41:12 AM »
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #119 on: November 01, 2020, 07:33:15 PM »
The Thrasher interview gave me a new perspective on him riding for Primitive. Cool that he found something stable that also let him do his own graphics which is so important to him. Also rad he has takes that kind of pride in anything he’s going to attach his name to.