Author Topic: BAKERVCA  (Read 4118 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
Re: BAKERVCA
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2020, 01:15:06 AM »
Liked this Spanky part better than his Baker 4 jam.

I imagine Zach being a younger, whiter Tom Penny in that he just floats around and the second he steps on his board he stomps something not necessarily epic or progressive, but more than you expected.

Can you refrain positively compare Zach Allen to Tom Penny ever again?  Thanks

heckler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2020, 04:16:19 AM »

I imagine Zach being a younger, whiter Tom Penny in that he just floats around and the second he steps on his board he stomps something not necessarily epic or progressive, but more than you expected.
What the fuck are you talking about?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2020, 04:22:23 AM »

I don't recall Penny ever being good as Zach but Zach is whiter.

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2020, 05:10:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I really like the Spanky comeback.
[close]

Dad Spanky is the best.

The nickname made sense when he was a kid, as as much as it's weird to call a grown ass man Spanky, Kevin Long just doesn't have the same sticking power.
[close]

Just call him Spanly
[close]

I prefer Big Bank Spank
[close]

Haha, Big Bank Spank and Baby Spank

"Baby Spank doo-doo-doo-doo, Baby Spank doo-doo-doo-doo..."

Moving forward, can we please refer to that red bank spot as the Spank Bank?

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2020, 05:18:41 AM »
Baker video starting with a dad life scene is absurd and awesome. The careful baby fence hopping makes it even better. I really like this mellowed out version of Baker, Spanky and Andrew are the best. Should have had Herman hitting some benches to elevate it even more. Spanky’s last two tricks were beautiful and the exclusive slow mo made sense, too (it rarely does). So much grace.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2020, 05:29:24 AM »
Baker video starting with a dad life scene is absurd and awesome. The careful baby fence hopping makes it even better. I really like this mellowed out version of Baker, Spanky and Andrew are the best. Should have had Herman hitting some benches to elevate it even more. Spanky’s last two tricks were beautiful and the exclusive slow mo made sense, too (it rarely does). So much grace.
he still on altamont? He’s not a rvca bro like this trio

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 135
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2020, 06:54:11 AM »
Baker video starting with a dad life scene is absurd and awesome. The careful baby fence hopping makes it even better. I really like this mellowed out version of Baker, Spanky and Andrew are the best.

Agreed. Baker 4 got a lot of hate on here, but I personally really enjoyed it. Seeing the older heads still getting it and seeming to lead happy lives as adults was really heartwarming to me.

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2020, 10:46:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
he still on altamont? He’s not a rvca bro like this trio

Ahh, I completely missed that this is a RVCA video. Also I am a huge fan of Herman‘s school yard section in Stay Gold so there is wishful thinking involved.

Expand Quote
Baker video starting with a dad life scene is absurd and awesome. The careful baby fence hopping makes it even better. I really like this mellowed out version of Baker, Spanky and Andrew are the best.
[close]

Agreed. Baker 4 got a lot of hate on here, but I personally really enjoyed it. Seeing the older heads still getting it and seeming to lead happy lives as adults was really heartwarming to me.

I guess I’ll have to finally watch Baker 4!

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1929
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2020, 07:16:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Baker 4 is a tale of 2 extremes: Spanky who got clean and filmed a killer part while adapting to adult life, Dustin Dollin whose still living the PD life (sort of) while hucking himself down the gnarliest shit.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2020, 11:52:27 PM »
I really liked Baker 4 and the overall melancholy vibe it had.

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2020, 05:15:12 AM »
some skaters id be happy to never see set foot on a board again and reynolds
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

captaindoody

• Rep: -72
  • A turd for you
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2020, 06:52:04 AM »
The only thing worth watching in that was Zach Allen and that’s not saying much .
Andrew Reynolds cosplaying the 90s like the rest of his 12 year old peers is depressing
And spanky has and always will suck , no amount of 50s gear and nice haircuts will make that tiny crappy style look good

Frank and Fred

« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2020, 10:14:54 AM »
Never thought I'd become a Spanky fan in my old age but here we are.

disintegration

• Rep: -114
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2020, 04:23:34 PM »
love you spanky

disintegration

• Rep: -114
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2020, 04:24:02 PM »
Andrew in Dylans shirt!! And that switch slappy crook from Spanky was heavy

when was this please

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2020, 07:55:38 PM »
spanky has and always will suck , no amount of 50s gear and nice haircuts will make that tiny crappy style look good
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2020, 08:23:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Andrew in Dylans shirt!! And that switch slappy crook from Spanky was heavy
[close]

when was this please

You can't not have watched it and not seen Andrew wearing the FA shirt with the Dylan painting. It was probably the best thing about this clip.

Digital Rasta

« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2020, 09:20:49 PM »
Andrew Reynolds cosplaying the 90s like the rest of his 12 year old peers is depressing
The fuck? He just went back to looser pants, other than that he looks the same as he did since he kickflipped the UCI gap in Stay Gold. Relaxed fit pants and Vans are the only differences and he looks sick in both. He's a dad, give him a break

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2020, 12:33:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The fuck? He just went back to looser pants, other than that he looks the same as he did since he kickflipped the UCI gap in Stay Gold. Relaxed fit pants and Vans are the only differences and he looks sick in both. He's a dad, give him a break
modern reynolds fits are dope
also my favorite part of this was zach leaving t funk out to dry after the last trick

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2020, 12:40:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Damn Reynolds is dressing the same as he did in his formative years. What a travesty.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2020, 01:41:45 AM »
Never thought I'd become a Spanky fan in my old age but here we are.

Same here, from TIS wonderkid to burnout post Baker 3 I've never been impressed. But now, ooohhhhh weeeee. Love me a Spanly.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2020, 01:42:58 AM »
Nice chill edit, more of Reynolds showing us he's still got the illest board control out there. Big dad vibes from this one, not to say that's a bad thing though.

I'm not going to be shy with it, visually awful ender. Like the previous comment, it's obvious Zach is getting better but damn, that was weak. I'm sure Aidan Mackey could have done that ender better... make of that what you will. Maybe it's his stances for tricks? I still don't know

Glad I wasn't the only one. Ender success.  Good video for the old man jam though

captaindoody

• A turd for you
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2020, 06:45:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Damn Reynolds is dressing the same as he did in his formative years. What a travesty.

Exactly my point . Watching a grown ass man trying to relive his formative years is sad. And it’s not just his pants and shoes that look different , he is going for a way baggier look in general and his fucking trick election and spot selection has changed dumbass . I don’t care for it . I can think of another older gentleman on Vans I’d much rather watch dance into retirement

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2020, 07:03:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Exactly my point . Watching a grown ass man trying to relive his formative years is sad. And it’s not just his pants and shoes that look different , he is going for a way baggier look in general and his fucking trick election and spot selection has changed dumbass . I don’t care for it . I can think of another older gentleman on Vans I’d much rather watch dance into retirement

It’s ok mate, I’m pretty sure you just haven’t heard about clothes and fashion trends changing over decades and also about the correlation between a skaters age and the types/size of spots dudes can physically skate. We’re all living in 2020 but I think you might still be caught up in 2010, time keeps marching on. I’m sure Reynolds is just a dude with with his finger on the pulse, not trying to look like a total bowzo.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2020, 07:11:58 AM »
I feel you. Andrew Reynolds pants make me really mad. Ggrrr how dare he.

Digital Rasta

« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2020, 07:53:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Exactly my point . Watching a grown ass man trying to relive his formative years is sad. And it’s not just his pants and shoes that look different , he is going for a way baggier look in general and his fucking trick election and spot selection has changed dumbass
What's sad about it? Everyone fondly remembers their youth. Also you were talking about his clothes not how he skates. Follow along, reading is fundamental, dipshit. Drew has always worn big shirts

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 135
« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2020, 09:13:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Wtf are you on about dude? You don't know him, you don't have conversations with him, so you don't know jack shit about why he wears... OMG NORMAL PANTS and SHIRTS?? He wears looser clothing now and looks like a skater... which he is. No big deal. We should all be thankful that he's still healthy and still loves skating because he's still producing good footage into his 40s. It's fine that you don't like it, but you don't need to be an asshole about it.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2020, 09:32:00 AM »
You guys are tripping. Lol I loved it. Spanky kills it! Reynolds looks comfortable and chill. I back it.

captaindoody

• A turd for you
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2020, 10:31:34 AM »

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2020, 11:26:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

His pants aren't even that baggy. I sure hope you don't dress the same way you did 10-15 years ago