Author Topic: How 2 transport big ol parking block  (Read 1855 times)

Serious Bob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 5
How 2 transport big ol parking block
« on: November 05, 2020, 02:29:46 AM »
Im talking like the 4 foot ones. Theyre fuckin heavy as shit. How do i even prop one of those things upright to put onto a dolley, let alone get it into a vehicle? Can i do it with two people or do i need maybe 3? I got 10 potential places to put this thing but 0 ideas on how im gonna lug this thing outta the parking lot.

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
Re: How 2 transport big ol parking block
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2020, 12:56:36 PM »
2 people can probably lift a four foot one into a wheel barrel. Easy to move from there. I moved one across a parking lot by putting it on my crusier and rolling it. That worked because I wasn't going to far with it.

Transporting with a truck is ideal but way harder to lift that high into the bed. You can probably lay it on the back floor of a the car.

A 6 foot one is like 275 lbs according to the internet so that would bring up more issues.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 02:42:48 PM »
Pry that fucker up with a crowbar, use a dolly or a cruiser board. Bend with your knees!

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2020, 02:51:53 PM »

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2020, 03:03:45 PM »
Pry that fucker up with a crowbar, use a dolly or a cruiser board. Bend with your knees!

Crow/pry bar is essential! Dolly preferred as you are going to shred your grip.

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2020, 11:17:52 AM »
get yourself a buddy, a crowbar and mini van or some hatchback/wagon type car. Curbs are super easy/cheap to make yourself as well.

To1d

• Rep: 0
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2020, 04:01:01 AM »
Thanks for addressing this topic. I was looking for the information regarding the same yourtexasbenefits.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2020, 02:45:20 AM »
I just did this by myself. Fucken hell it was rough. Picked up one end, pivoted onto my board. Got the other end, put the rest on. Rolled it 100m to the car, crab waked it to the tail gate and kinda threaded it through a gate and pushed the shit out of it into my car. Then when I got it home, painted it then put it on a trolley to push up the driveway. I think that nearly killed me.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2020, 03:45:09 PM »
Make sure to use your back with vigorous twisting motions. Good luck getting your clothes on in the morning.

scary

• Rep: -7
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2020, 08:56:06 PM »
what i did was a little easier. if its not rebarred and its just loose get a 1inch wide (someone correct me if im wrong on hole size) wood dowel and put it in the hole. Then crank that fucker to the right or left to tilt the parking block a bit and get your fingers under her. Then put it on top of your skate and mission it to your car. Dont drop it or it will break into 1000000 pieces

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2020, 10:57:18 PM »
I paid some dude $50.00.....

Sandygoat

• Rep: -45
  • THE BIGGEST SHALOMIE
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2020, 04:23:02 PM »
Some people said using a cruiser works. IMO its ideal if you are going short distances. I didn't really do any damages to my back that a nap couldn't fix. If it short distance try an old deck on some cruiser wheels you might like it.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2020, 08:06:14 PM »
Have friends to help you lift it. Borrow a j-bar to lift up one end of the parking block and place a 4x4" wood block under the raised side and then j-bar up the other side and place a dollie lengthwise under the center of the block. Once it's elevated on the dollie you can use 2 straps to maneuver it into your vehicle. I would recommend placing it on a strong moving blanket so you can slide it around but make sure to keep the straps underneath it. Place it back on the dollie and wheel it to the spot and use the j-bar and 4x4" block to lower the parking block. It's very easy to get injured moving low, heavy objects that can crush your fingers or feet and tweak your back so be careful. Good luck!

biaherl

• Rep: 253
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2020, 09:12:48 AM »
what i did was a little easier. if its not rebarred and its just loose get a 1inch wide (someone correct me if im wrong on hole size) wood dowel and put it in the hole. Then crank that fucker to the right or left to tilt the parking block a bit and get your fingers under her. Then put it on top of your skate and mission it to your car. Dont drop it or it will break into 1000000 pieces

Close

You can buy #2 or 3 rebar at 2 foot pieces at your hardware store. If the holes are empty you stab the block twist it over and slide the rebar through and now you have a handle to prop it on your board or drag it to your car/truck

Most parking blocks have steel inside so they can take a little bit of a beating

Sandygoat

• Rep: -45
  • THE BIGGEST SHALOMIE
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2020, 10:12:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Close

You can buy #2 or 3 rebar at 2 foot pieces at your hardware store. If the holes are empty you stab the block twist it over and slide the rebar through and now you have a handle to prop it on your board or drag it to your car/truck

Most parking blocks have steel inside so they can take a little bit of a beating
Emphasis on most because the one I got already seems ready to break. A little more caution can't hurt :)

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2020, 04:53:10 PM »
I broke a board moving a block one time, and I was bummed.