Author Topic: Online shops NOT to order from and why?  (Read 5534 times)

Farz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 12
Re: Online shops NOT to order from and why?
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2021, 01:28:33 PM »
+1 for Southside skatepark/shop being good. Received my shipment within 3 days of ordering, and immediately reached out with alternatives when the wheels I ordered were out of stock.

Tried ordering some F4 97 conical fulls from them last Sunday (via paradeworld) since I can't find them online anywhere else but the big Z. I received a "shipping label made - USPS waiting for package" message on Monday and nothing since then, even sprung for the faster shipping too.

Pretty bummed out, first time trying parade as I had seen it recommended a bit on here.

On the other end of that I've had good experiences with:
Orchard
Civil
SPoT

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2021, 01:42:17 PM »
Expand Quote
+1 for Southside skatepark/shop being good. Received my shipment within 3 days of ordering, and immediately reached out with alternatives when the wheels I ordered were out of stock.
[close]

Tried ordering some F4 97 conical fulls from them last Sunday (via paradeworld) since I can't find them online anywhere else but the big Z. I received a "shipping label made - USPS waiting for package" message on Monday and nothing since then, even sprung for the faster shipping too.

Pretty bummed out, first time trying parade as I had seen it recommended a bit on here.

Orchard
Civil
SPoT
Ah the ol SoCal Skateshop treatment. First time I've heard of that happening on Parade though.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

CannerSpaghetti

« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2021, 05:35:26 PM »
Not sure if it’s been said yet but shoutout Magnolia in Fort Worth Texas. Badass shop badass team badass stock. Never disappointed.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2021, 11:04:28 AM »
Alright, Ride RTX finally sent my tracking info. I still don't understand why they don't send confirmation of orders, order numbers, receipts or respond to inquires but it looks like my order is actually on the way minus any explanation as to what was going on. I totally have patience as long as an actual human gives me some response....

Anyway, mad respect to Quantum Bearing Dude who helped me light a fire under their asses. I'll gnar ya when I reach Slap Pal Status. Hopefully someone else will until I can.

Just want to give credit where credit is due. I got the correct deck today. Looks like it cost them $20+ in shipping and I only paid $50 or so for the board, so I doubt they made any money off my annoying arse.

Anyway, I still contend real-time inventory on websites stores, emailing receipts upon purchase, and issuing tracking numbers can only help an online business.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2021, 03:12:14 PM »
As I have actual firsthand experience I will say my life as a shop manager/buyer/employee has been crazy for the past year. We are beyond busy every day, sometimes people waiting outside for a bit too.
Trying to answer the phone, answer the door(we keep it locked and only let a few in at a time) plus shipping orders too.
Not a complaint at all, we are thankful and hyped anyone wants to support us
but people thinking we are hanging out twiddling our thumbs couldn't be farther from the truth.
I know we have blown it with some orders as at times our que can be 15-30 deep but we bust them out asap everyday and even do a run to the post office or ups at closing to ensure there is minimal lag on anyone's order.
But we always try to make it right without a hassle to the customer.
It feels good to see our store mentioned, we love this place and helping people.
And yes I am a board dork, hit me up anytime to talk dimensions or concave.

FS_Overcrook

• Rep: 10
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2021, 05:35:43 PM »
As I have actual firsthand experience I will say my life as a shop manager/buyer/employee has been crazy for the past year. We are beyond busy every day, sometimes people waiting outside for a bit too.
Trying to answer the phone, answer the door(we keep it locked and only let a few in at a time) plus shipping orders too.
Not a complaint at all, we are thankful and hyped anyone wants to support us
but people thinking we are hanging out twiddling our thumbs couldn't be farther from the truth.
I know we have blown it with some orders as at times our que can be 15-30 deep but we bust them out asap everyday and even do a run to the post office or ups at closing to ensure there is minimal lag on anyone's order.
But we always try to make it right without a hassle to the customer.
It feels good to see our store mentioned, we love this place and helping people.
And yes I am a board dork, hit me up anytime to talk dimensions or concave.

Seconded. This is what I meant in my post as well. Shops are beyond busy and they are doing the best they can with the increased volume in business in store and online. None of them are "twiddling their thumbs" or eating McDonald's on a shop couch if they are a positive shop working to grow the scene in the area.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2021, 11:59:35 PM »
Not sure if it’s been said yet but shoutout Magnolia in Fort Worth Texas. Badass shop badass team badass stock. Never disappointed.

Agreed. I would add Garage Skateshop out of CA has always been good with their orders. They are quick with refunds and usually ship within 1 business day excluding weekends.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Richard Skidder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 410
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2021, 05:32:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Alright, Ride RTX finally sent my tracking info. I still don't understand why they don't send confirmation of orders, order numbers, receipts or respond to inquires but it looks like my order is actually on the way minus any explanation as to what was going on. I totally have patience as long as an actual human gives me some response....

Anyway, mad respect to Quantum Bearing Dude who helped me light a fire under their asses. I'll gnar ya when I reach Slap Pal Status. Hopefully someone else will until I can.
[close]

Just want to give credit where credit is due. I got the correct deck today. Looks like it cost them $20+ in shipping and I only paid $50 or so for the board, so I doubt they made any money off my annoying arse.

Anyway, I still contend real-time inventory on websites stores, emailing receipts upon purchase, and issuing tracking numbers can only help an online business.
I’m glad you got your deck. I’m the employee you reached out to on IG after talking to the Quantum dudes. I will chat with the owner about the things you listed that can help online buyers feel more comfortable with their purchase. Have fun out there man!

Richard Skidder

• Rep: 410
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2021, 06:20:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Anyone have any experience with Ride RTX out of Concord NC?

I live about 30 minutes from this "shop" It's in a mall and not ran by skaters at all.  It is pretty shit, they mostly sale longboards.  I would steer clear of them in the future.
[close]
@Bensquirts It’s true we have a lot of longboards and that we’re in the mall but we do have actual skaters that work for us. I’m there once every two weeks ( ie my “fun job” not my “real job”) but if you ever need anything you can hit me up on my IG @coneswheels and I can help/ get you anything you need. Also feel free to hit me up if you just want to skate sometime. Shalom.

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2021, 06:33:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Orchard
Civil
SPoT

Oh that is a bummer. I also found them on Parade World, but went directly to their website to order.  Parade World seems to be a nice resource to find the stuff you want, but can also create a middleman that may add problems.

Get hungry on it!

chris.

• Rep: 184
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2021, 07:16:54 AM »
Just to show love to another shop you SHOULD order from, I put order in with 35th Ave and it’s kind of shocking how low their prices are. Decks are $58 with free grip and free shipping over $75 (orders ship out real quick too.) It’s always worthwhile to peep around the shoes in their sale section.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2021, 07:35:43 AM »
Just to show love to another shop you SHOULD order from, I put order in with 35th Ave and it’s kind of shocking how low their prices are. Decks are $58 with free grip and free shipping over $75 (orders ship out real quick too.) It’s always worthwhile to peep around the shoes in their sale section.

Shop boards at $40 and they include dimensions in the listing too, very nice.

http://www.35thave.com/shop/Skate/Decks/35th/p/35th-Artist-Contest-shop-deck-by-Mac-x56244346.htm
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

chris.

• Rep: 184
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2021, 12:12:48 PM »
Yeah I ordered a 9” Polar and almost ordered a 9” shop deck to skate because I want to hang the Polar up.  I love all the options (although stock is low at the moment) and detailed listings.

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2021, 12:27:25 PM »
I measure every board directly when I enter them into our pos system.
We do make a mistake here and there or with brands like polar I use their sticker dims in the description.
I measure flat with the tape held to the board on length so with brands like dlx that say 32.25 are prob closer to 32.5 with my method.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2021, 01:16:38 PM »
We do make a mistake here and there or with brands like polar I use their sticker dims in the description.
I measure flat with the tape held to the board on length so with brands like dlx that say 32.25 are prob closer to 32.5 with my method.
my 1991 polar didn't match the sticker recently. Wheelbase was 14.5" but sticker said 14.375" or 14.38" i forget, ill have to double check. Which is strange because the polar site has it as 14.5" correctly. Is that the factory measuring edge the edge instead of center hole to center?

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2021, 01:21:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
my 1991 polar didn't match the sticker recently. Wheelbase was 14.5" but sticker said 14.375" or 14.38" i forget, ill have to double check. Which is strange because the polar site has it as 14.5" correctly. Is that the factory measuring edge the edge instead of center hole to center?
Odd I bought a 1991 and was psyched to see it was a 14.38wb on the sticker but double checked with tape to verify that it was correct. I avoided the 1991 for years because of the Polar site listing it as 14.5wb so there's been some confusion but the one I got measured end of hole to end of hole was 14.38"
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2021, 01:55:04 PM »
I know they did update the dimensions on the 1991 last year, but you're right the wb was off from the sticker.
Maybe they haven't made new stickers yet?

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2021, 02:11:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Odd I bought a 1991 and was psyched to see it was a 14.38wb on the sticker but double checked with tape to verify that it was correct. I avoided the 1991 for years because of the Polar site listing it as 14.5wb so there's been some confusion but the one I got measured end of hole to end of hole was 14.38"
I measure wb center of hole to center of hole, hence the 14.5"

... i think we're saying the same thing here

@144p  how do you measure it?

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2021, 02:20:55 PM »
I measure wb from center of the hole to center of the hole.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2021, 03:12:09 PM »
Just measured again cuz madness and center to center the 1991 from I have from the most recent drop is 14.38wb

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2021, 04:02:59 PM »
Just measured again cuz madness and center to center the 1991 from I have from the most recent drop is 14.38wb

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2021, 04:42:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

http://www.35thave.com/shop/Skate/Decks/35th/p/35th-Artist-Contest-shop-deck-by-Mac-x56244346.htm

y'all know who presses their decks? my local just ran out of their BBS shop decks and can't get anymore for over a year...
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2021, 07:02:57 PM »

Always appreciated - a little effort always makes it so much easier.

Probably saves half the messages re more details too.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Crailslideyoface

• Rep: 37
« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2021, 11:53:32 PM »
Escapist in KC is 100% the best shop to order from if you don't have a local shop you can go to
Getting cucked by your hero on acid is TIGHT.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2021, 06:25:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

y'all know who presses their decks? my local just ran out of their BBS shop decks and can't get anymore for over a year...

@144p posted a while ago, I think he said most of them are BBS with South Central for at least one (10" pop IIRC). Great boards, great shop

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2021, 06:26:52 AM »
Generator not bbs

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2021, 06:29:36 AM »
Generator not bbs

Thanks! I thought BBS & Gen were the same.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2021, 06:32:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Generator not bbs
[close]

BBS is the manufacturer of the decks.

Generator is the retail arm for the blank decks that go to be shop boards or to smaller distributors who put graphics on them for the brands they distribute.
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2021, 07:12:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Generator not bbs
[close]

[close]

BBS is the manufacturer of the decks.

Generator is the retail arm for the blank decks that go to be shop boards or to smaller distributors who put graphics on them for the brands they distribute.

Gotcha