Author Topic: Amarillo, Texas?  (Read 748 times)

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
Amarillo, Texas?
« on: November 09, 2020, 03:56:02 AM »
I searched but all I could find was something about a full pipe that's probably a bust and that's not my kinda spot anyways.

I'm in Amarillo for the next two weeks for work. Staying in one of the hotels out by the movie theater and hospitals. I'm not sure how much time Im going to have to skate but I'd imagine I'm going to have at least a couple days off. I don't really have a car so this is a long shot but are there any spots out this way?

How are the cops and locals around here? There's a lot of empty lots and curb cuts out here but I haven't seen any waxed curbs or anything that obviously designates "people skate here" yet, though I haven't really explored too much yet. I saw some painted ones that looked promising. Is there a skate shop around here anywhere?

Also is it always this fucking windy?

If there's any PALS around here lemme know. I'm here to help out with the COVID outbreak so Im probably not going to be someone you want to be hanging out with, but it's always nice to have a locals advice on where to eat/shop etc. I'm probably not going to take one of the decks I brought back with me so if anyone lives around here and wants an 8.25 hockey in decent shape shoot me a PM and I'll let you know when I'm leaving.,

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1558
Re: Amarillo, Texas?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 04:10:11 AM »
Martin road skate park is okay, but yes it’s always windy as fuck.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 05:12:02 AM »
Maybe lasso yourself a heely over a cowpie, buckaroo.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Dopethrone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 10:01:17 AM »
Is this the way to amarillo?

Don't know if Americans will get this joke

Grampa

• Rep: 143
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 06:55:38 PM »
Both the skateparks in Amarillo are pretty fun depending on what you want to skate. And yep, it’s always windy.

Never thought I’d say this, but maybe rent a car take a trip down to Lubbock and skate the diy and Texas Tech campus, which has spots and waxed ledges and stuff. Plainview is in the middle of Lubbock and Amarillo and has a really fun park.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2020, 10:53:49 AM »
I’m out here as well on a nursing deployment for a couple weeks to a month. Going to be working six 12 hour shifts in a row with one off, so I won’t be able to do much other than eat and sleep.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2020, 08:59:01 AM »
I’m out here as well on a nursing deployment for a couple weeks to a month. Going to be working six 12 hour shifts in a row with one off, so I won’t be able to do much other than eat and sleep.

Shit i wish i saw this before now. Im leaving today. You at BSA or VA?

For any Amarillo pals, i left 4 decks and a beat but still skateable pair of NB 440s at John Stiff park under the pavilion. All are 8.25 - one hockey, one dgk, one pizza, and a flight. All have plenty of life left. I put a bunch of crappy stickers on them because i was bored out of my mind down here when the weather made it borderline impossible to skate down here.

bombsaway86

• Rep: 152
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2024, 10:42:45 AM »
Bumping this thread

Work is sending me to Clovis, NM and I’ll be flying in and out of Amarillo. I plan on hitting John Stiff park. Given its age, is it super crusty?

Anything else in the area worth hitting? Any DIYs, ditches, or curb spots between Amarillo and Clovis?