Author Topic: What was your Worst Edible Experience???  (Read 1570 times)

Grind King Rims

Re: What was your Worst Edible Experience???
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2020, 05:01:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I was managing a scene for this dude a while back. It wasn't anything too big, just 10 or so trimmers in the mountains, right after Halloween. People were trimming in carports and sleeping in tents, it was cold and wet and they were getting hill crazy/tired of working. One of my jobs was to cook a big meal for these trimmigrants once a day. Usually it was rice, beans, lentils, eggs, chicken, etc- cheap power food. Well, the guy who owned the farm was the gnarliest drunk I'd ever met. Aside from drinking a handle of gin every single day, he always had doses and deems to go around. It really wasn't a great place to work that year but I was making an excellent wage and when you're sober and everyone is wasted you develop opportunities to benefit yourself. Not to mention doing gnarly redneck hippie shit in the mountains for half the year can be a lot of fun- 4wheelers, psychedelics, outhouse, chainsaws, music, books, the Milky Way, hiking, ganja, shooting, girls...

So right, this dude I'm working for is a straight menace and would pretty much only come out of his shack to fuck with the trimmers or have me drive him down the mountain to the store for smokes and booze. One night he says he wants to cook a pot roast on the wood stove- I ended up preparing the thing and this motherfucker says "heyo, where's all that keif?" There was about a half unit of keif collected from the season at this point that was sealed up and stashed. I pretend I don't hear him and this 6'6 redbearded drunk motherfucker gets all aggro "where's the fucking keif? one of those f*gs steal my shit?" To prevent the uproar from getting worse, I just get the keif and hand it to him. Dude slices the bag open and pours an ungodly amount onto the roast as its cooking.

However long later he brings carries a platter into the car port and starts feeding trimmers slices of hot roast of the blade of his hunting knife. these traveling European trimmer kids and dirty North American kids are totally in love with it- the whole fucking thing- the real American experience, right. Dude places the roast on the center of their table and they start digging in with their hash covered fingers, no idea that they're ingesting ounces of pure THC. It was gone in less than 15 minutes. About an hour later half the trimmers are trying to go to bed early, the other half are visibly wasted. Dude is lurking and starts maniacally yelling "work hours are from 10am to 11pm. get back to work. MORE! BETTER! FASTER!" while smashing an old ships bell with an axe handle.

Pretty tough time right there
[close]

Yeesh, that's pretty awful sounding. Dosing a bunch of younger people who aren't expecting it... Pretty immoral. To then turn around and tell them, "Get back to work." What a pile.
[close]

It's not something I would do to people, but that's what happens when you go trimming sometimes. it's just weed, not acid or anything like that. As for younger people, their ages were 22-40.

Oh I don't meant to scold you, it doesn't sound like you were necessarily at fault. But also nothing of what you said to me changed the way I feel. You can be 40 year old adult who smokes all the time; it's still wrong to give someone drugs without their consent (even weed).

johnes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2020, 07:18:47 AM »
A couple weeks ago I took 2 hits of acid and made an edible and ate the edible about an hour into the trip and an hour later when it kicked it, it felt like the time when I was on 7 hits of acid and it was super uncomfortable.
I made myself a firecracker at least once a week, they taste so bad but work better than any dispensary edible I’ve ever had.
I usually use a gram - 1.5g when I make them but I only used .7g this time but mixed with acid, it was fucked.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2020, 07:24:42 AM »
Instead of shitty firecrackers, make bud butter. I slice a piece off and eat it with a Reese’s cup. Way better than fire crackers.

Just make butter basically. Also I have not had a bad experience on weed that I can recall.

It’s been 15+ years smoking everyday so my tolerance is up there.

My fiancée though has eaten like a bite of a cookie and started freaking out, also hit a dab and it was too much for her. Just depends on the person and situation.

I’m always high so it’s just more of a body high/couch lock, when I take edibles anyway. Never really have freaked out.
Firecrackers are just so convenient, only takes an hour from start to finish. I’ve made butter and coconut oil before but I just prefer the ease of the fire cracker even tho it makes me gag with almost every bite. 
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2020, 10:02:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Instead of shitty firecrackers, make bud butter. I slice a piece off and eat it with a Reese’s cup. Way better than fire crackers.

Just make butter basically. Also I have not had a bad experience on weed that I can recall.

It’s been 15+ years smoking everyday so my tolerance is up there.

My fiancée though has eaten like a bite of a cookie and started freaking out, also hit a dab and it was too much for her. Just depends on the person and situation.

I’m always high so it’s just more of a body high/couch lock, when I take edibles anyway. Never really have freaked out.
[close]
Firecrackers are just so convenient, only takes an hour from start to finish. I’ve made butter and coconut oil before but I just prefer the ease of the fire cracker even tho it makes me gag with almost every bite.

I get that for sure. Super easy to do and fast as well, but I've never found them as effective as butter.

I forgot to mention I use once vaped bud too. So its decarbed already.

With a double boil, it only takes me 30 minutes to an hour depending on how much I'm making.

BAIL

• Rep: 7
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2020, 01:29:01 PM »
Funny, I was just telling this story today to a co-worker...

I was probably around 15 or 16. In high school. After school one day I was hanging out at our local shop at the time and a friend offered some weed cookies that a friend of his had made. I had never had edibles before, had actually only smoked weed a few intermittent times before that, but of course, I took some. I stashed them in my backpack to try out later.

A couple days after that I went out climbing. The hike was long and I didn't bring nearly enough food. When I was wrapping up the climbing session, I decided to eat a small amount of the cookies. I figured it would be nice to get high on the hike out. About halfway through the hike I realized I wasn't feeling anything, but I was feeling really hungry, so I decided to eat some more of the weed cookies.

Fast forward an hour and I'm eating dinner at a burger joint, sitting there with the buddy I had gone climbing with. We got our food and I start ravenously devouring. Its a Five Guys, the burger place we're at, and if you've been to one of those you know they pretty much fill the entire bag with fries. I blindly ate all of them. When i got through the fries opened the burger and ate that with as little reserve as I had eaten the fries. It was right about the time I finished the burger that I looked up and realized I was really, really high.

I didn't really feel like I could move. I definitely was incapable of any kind of interaction with people. I knew I had to get to the bus station, just a 5 minute skate away under normal circumstances, within the next 30 minutes to catch the last bus home. This task, getting to the bus station, seemed both momentous and rather perilous to me. I'm pretty sure I mumbled something incomprehensible to my friend and just sort of ran out of the restaurant. The next bit I don't remember well but I did end up sitting in the bus station, with some minutes to spare before the bus came. It's late, but there's still probably ten people hanging around the station around me. I was sitting on a bench that encircled a big planter with a bunch of fake indoor plants in it. It was at this point that I realized I was feeling sick. I looked in the direction of the bathroom but it seemed a mile away (15 feet in reality) and the feeling that I could not move had returned. After successfully holding back the first couple of wretches, I had no choice but to just turn around and violently throw up into the planter behind me.

After vomiting I immediately felt better but also much more aware of the people around me. Nobody reacted in any way that I could, in my state, pick up on, but I was still so fucking embarrassed. My bus arrived and I was beyond relieved that no one else in the station boarded it with me. That was the last time I ate edibles of any kind for years, and to this day I'm pretty averse to them.

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2020, 03:52:56 PM »
Im a heavy smoker and never do edibles as Im not in a legal state but just the other day I got some tootsie rolls from my buddy and I hope to have one of these Intense highs I always hear of.

Clone1984

• Rep: 6
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2020, 12:52:44 AM »
I'm in cali and eat a whole bag of grape smokies gummies over a day.  end up with a migraine!which may or may not be related. take some excedrin and call it a day. mushrooms are another story. never had too great an experience. I was sober for a long time (5 years) after a mild coke problem so who knows. anyway no big deal.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2020, 06:58:47 PM »
Im a heavy smoker and never do edibles as Im not in a legal state but just the other day I got some tootsie rolls from my buddy and I hope to have one of these Intense highs I always hear of.
Being a heavy smoker, a fully legit edible can make you feel close to what it was like being high during the first year of smoking weed.
I’d say eat 200mg thc.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.