Author Topic: Vans "Alright, Ok." (Elijah and Gilbert)  (Read 45613 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
Re: Vans "Alright, Ok." (Elijah and Gilbert)
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2020, 08:13:26 PM »
If the photos in the Elijah Thrasher cover are anything to go by, I think he's in with a chance for SOTY. Thrasher is in bed with Vans more so than Nike too, and Elijah has the 'cool' sponsors, if we get a full 6+ min part with that calibre of skateboarding, it could be hard to say no. Also it'd be nice to see a win based off of one project as opposed to an almost too obvious campaign from Mason.

I’m not sure if you’ve heard of Real and DLX before.

urbneathme

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2020, 09:12:46 PM »
Expand Quote
If the photos in the Elijah Thrasher cover are anything to go by, I think he's in with a chance for SOTY. Thrasher is in bed with Vans more so than Nike too, and Elijah has the 'cool' sponsors, if we get a full 6+ min part with that calibre of skateboarding, it could be hard to say no. Also it'd be nice to see a win based off of one project as opposed to an almost too obvious campaign from Mason.
[close]

also how is putting out multiple parts a “campaign?” wouldn’t dropping a heavy all hammers part just in time for soty season be more nefarious?

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2020, 04:27:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
hate to always be this guy but can someone scan the photos? i would really appreciate it

I have an online subscription, and this is the only one I could get with the view being restricted due to the app I use. There's also a Nollie Flip Bs 50-50 down a 9 stair rail, which I think is a NBD on a rail? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Expand Quote
[close]

Nah I haven't :'( Mason's only put out the one part via Thrasher as well. The 2nd Real 'part' felt a tad on the nose. Clearly a lot of it is footage that didn't make the cut for his Nike or other Real part, as there's overseas footage. Not a diss to Mason at all, I've enjoyed his year a lot, just think Elijah has a real good chance of taking it.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2020, 05:10:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
hate to always be this guy but can someone scan the photos? i would really appreciate it
[close]

I have an online subscription, and this is the only one I could get with the view being restricted due to the app I use. There's also a Nollie Flip Bs 50-50 down a 9 stair rail, which I think is a NBD on a rail? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Nah I haven't :'( Mason's only put out the one part via Thrasher as well. The 2nd Real 'part' felt a tad on the nose. Clearly a lot of it is footage that didn't make the cut for his Nike or other Real part, as there's overseas footage. Not a diss to Mason at all, I've enjoyed his year a lot, just think Elijah has a real good chance of taking it.
I would agree with you if it wasn’t for the fact that Burnett is infatuated with Mason. Seems like they’re skating together a bunch, which is probably what he needs to give him the edge over Elijah.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • old and in the way
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2020, 10:42:53 AM »
I am so stoked for this video.
Gilbert is <3
Elijah is <3
Greg Hunt is <3

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2020, 11:15:13 AM »
For those confused about the title, it was filmed entirely in Alright, Oklahoma

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2020, 11:18:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

appleyard does it here

https://youtu.be/XtY0FCHSnvg?t=1398

euro tm

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2020, 03:55:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

just seriously laughed out loud at how fucking crazy that is. that rail is so big in person

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2020, 04:33:43 PM »
Greg Hunt seems to be back in his sick portraits bag too. That’s when you know it’s about to get heavy.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -482
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2020, 07:51:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

appleyard does it here

https://youtu.be/XtY0FCHSnvg?t=1398

Ishod does one in I think the most recent sabotage video. And didn’t malto do it on that atl rail last year too? Or was that front side?
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

theknifesong

• Rep: 19
  • wow!balls!
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2020, 09:10:54 PM »
SOTY part for Elijah, mark my words.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2020, 04:47:44 PM »
holy shit that nose grind nollie flip. i really hope the 5050 isn’t his ender, i hope he has a last trick that hasn’t been printed in a mag and will really surprise everyone. vans has been pretty good at not spoiling enders in the last few videos. we’ll see.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

zahed

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -25
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2020, 05:11:29 PM »
Gil & Berle is such a sick combo. Stoked to see this. Surprised Rowan isn't involved, seems like he would have a shot at SOTY based on everyones love for him.

ballintoohard

« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2020, 06:19:29 PM »
That's a sick trick, but I feel like that is his go to everything so it's not even surprising

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1315
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2020, 11:55:09 PM »
Am I tripping or was this originally Damn Shawty OK?

That Chima part to Spinning Away is one of my all time favorite parts and I watch it regularly
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2020, 01:03:07 AM »

That Chima part to Spinning Away is one of my all time favorite parts and I watch it regularly

You're right, that China part is dope. I rewatch all the time.

quadcuff

• Rep: -6
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2020, 08:17:18 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

yeah that part's awesome

i'm more stoked for gilbert's stuff than elijah's

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2020, 08:32:28 AM »
I like baggier fits on most but anyone else feel like Gilby's skating looked better with his Propeller fits? I know I might be alone but I the way his leg bows just looks better to me in slimmer jeans. Sorry in advance.

too fakie

• Rep: 63
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2020, 11:06:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

yeah that part's awesome

The Chima run from Propeller through Spinning Away is one of my favorites. He also sneakily had some of the best tricks in “No Other Way.” Switch back tail on bricktown was amazing.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2020, 11:21:26 AM »
I like baggier fits on most but anyone else feel like Gilby's skating looked better with his Propeller fits? I know I might be alone but I the way his leg bows just looks better to me in slimmer jeans. Sorry in advance.

im usually team baggy but i see where ur coming from here. only a small portion of skaters can make tight pants work, and Gilby definitely fits within that quota

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 644
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2020, 11:48:01 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
im usually team baggy but i see where ur coming from here. only a small portion of skaters can make tight pants work, and Gilby definitely fits within that quota
As someone who's been the biggest Gilbert fan for years and is very picky about the way that my pants fit, I can definitely see where you guys are coming from. Gilbert had the slim straight pants look nailed during this period. I remember showing my friends his Old Dominion part and being like, "this is how I want to dress and skate" lol.

Still love his current wide leg fits though. I'm patiently waiting for the day that I say fuck it and buy a pair of the jeans that he makes.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2020, 11:50:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

yeah that part's awesome

[close]

The Chima run from Propeller through Spinning Away is one of my favorites. He also sneakily had some of the best tricks in “No Other Way.” Switch back tail on bricktown was amazing.
Chima pretty much always delivers. Is Spinning Away part was unreal.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2020, 01:19:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
As someone who's been the biggest Gilbert fan for years and is very picky about the way that my pants fit, I can definitely see where you guys are coming from. Gilbert had the slim straight pants look nailed during this period. I remember showing my friends his Old Dominion part and being like, "this is how I want to dress and skate" lol.

Still love his current wide leg fits though. I'm patiently waiting for the day that I say fuck it and buy a pair of the jeans that he makes.
I like the look and feel of baggier. I just think its a shame when someone like gilbert who has a very unique style hides a lot of it under pant fabric. I know I'm over analyzing. Still will look forward to whatever he puts out.

McBrandt

• Rep: -13
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2020, 01:56:42 PM »
Still my favorite Gilbert part:

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2020, 05:26:49 AM »
TODAY!
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2020, 05:30:55 AM »
Wow, so they're using that Roy Orbison song for a fourth time now? I'm a fan of Greg Hunt but that song's been done to death and it's the second time he's bit off a Jacob Harris soundtrack...
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 06:40:10 AM by heckler »
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 983
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2020, 06:26:28 AM »
gilbert sitting on a ledge i assume is the ender

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 173
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2020, 06:36:19 AM »
“Cream of Gold” is a pretty random Pavement song. Dollars to donuts says a Crockett line will start at the part of the song that goes, “So much for destiny.”
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 05:50:46 PM by MyUserName »

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2020, 06:39:23 AM »
premieres at 5PM PST on the Vans website, i believe.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2020, 06:55:38 AM »
If you google "Vans, Alright OK" it brings up the YouTube link, and it's listed at a 31:09 run time. I find that hard to believe.