Author Topic: stickers  (Read 1858 times)

Cellular

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 16
stickers
« on: November 10, 2020, 09:22:56 PM »
where do you guys get stickers? i really love stickers but i dont have money to spend $2+ on stickers. there a mailing list or summ? i see people with tons of stickers and i wanna know how you afford all of them.

i wish this was ironic

I mean he is kinda doing dog drugs so I fuck with it

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
Re: stickers
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 11:43:05 PM »
I'm 33 now and still love stickers.

girlfriendplease

• Rep: -22
  • i can shuv it, 5050, bslide, kickflip, and nocompl
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 12:38:03 AM »
bobby puleo thinks murasaki sports color variant stickers are sick.
i care

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 07:58:26 AM »
Used to have a shit ton from 86-91. Sold all but one on ebay. The one I kept is an H-Street Hensley because its Hensley

Grind King Rims

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2020, 12:04:37 PM »
When I was ~13, I found out that most skateboarding companies offer stickers if you send them a self-addressed, stamped envelope. It blew me away and I compiled a categorized list of all the skateboarding companies I could find that would send you free stickers, whether you just had to message them, they asked for a S.A.E., or a S.A.E. + $1. I linked to that list in my AIM profile and I'm amazed to this day that anyone has agreed to have sex with me.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2152
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2020, 02:28:46 PM »
When I was ~13, I found out that most skateboarding companies offer stickers if you send them a self-addressed, stamped envelope. It blew me away and I compiled a categorized list of all the skateboarding companies I could find that would send you free stickers, whether you just had to message them, they asked for a S.A.E., or a S.A.E. + $1. I linked to that list in my AIM profile and I'm amazed to this day that anyone has agreed to have sex with me.
I didn't do ANY of that awesome stuff, and I still somehow managed to have a sex or two. Incredible, I know.
I guess my point is, you jus' n'er can tell.
Thank you for the fun story, regardless.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2020, 10:09:37 PM »
I'd say a majority of the stickers I have came from skate shops. I started skated around 2000/2001 and spent a ridiculous amount of time at skate shops. I was about 13 and had very little money. Whoever worked the shops, usually were real nice and threw in extra stickers with whatever I'd buy. I have about a Vans shoe box worth of stickers now. Currently, most online orders come with stickers. I did do the a S.A.S.E to some companies and was amazed at the stacks they sent.

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2020, 11:30:46 AM »
I'm 28 and have multiple shoe boxes full of stickers going back until I was about 12. I used to go to contests and demos and as a grom I was always pumped on product tosses. They would throw so many stickers out and I would scrape up as many as I could at the end of it. Now I'm an adult and I pay for my stickers like a chump.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2020, 12:37:12 PM »
stickers just happen

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2020, 12:55:11 PM »
I'll purchase a sticker pack from GX1000, Bronze, Quartersnacks, etc. its a good way to support a brand you like, and you usually get like 6-10 stickers for $8-12 , which is a pretty good deal.

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 95
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2020, 02:23:56 PM »
local shop throws in two or three with every purchase, one for the deck one for the bike. after many years I amassed a good collection used to have a filing cabinet completely full of ~100 stickers but sadly had to get rid of it after a move. I dont know anyone who buys stickers from a shop still who is over the age of 18.

deathturd

• Rep: 87
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2020, 04:29:58 PM »

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2020, 08:13:00 PM »

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2020, 09:52:16 PM »
The number of times kids would come in and spend $10 to $20 just on stickers was off the hook, especially when some of them were riding such haggard setups but the trade in stickers was very real.

Stickers really do make the world go round.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2020, 09:56:25 PM »
In thinking where stickers come from, once upon a time, every pro skater, every demo, every time someone would go somewhere, there would be a million stickers, but nowdays there doesn't seem to be many at all in those common places.

Besides skate shops and promo piles to give to kids, most comps, events or anything else usually still have an abundance of stickers, but I don't think there is anywhere near as much of that going round now as there used to be.

Also if you look up "sticker bomb" or similar things, there are a lot of sticker lots from China or ebay with fake stickers from all the main brands for very little.  True you are not helping anyone by buying those, but it is a good way for a beginner to get a ton of cheap stickers.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2020, 12:46:35 AM »
I held onto all these stickers from my youth for around 10 or so years until I finally committed to sticking them on my fridge. Fridge died 6 months later. Yolo

Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2020, 05:38:27 AM »
I held onto all these stickers from my youth for around 10 or so years until I finally committed to sticking them on my fridge. Fridge died 6 months later. Yolo

I spy a Spire sticker there, which is pretty rare.

Besides the other Australian XEN and Fast Times sticker too.

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Rep: -122
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2020, 07:49:41 AM »

Lol I woulda whipped out the hairdryer and peeled them all off and re used then...not even kidding either

Owen

• SLAP Pal
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2020, 07:10:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I spy a Spire sticker there, which is pretty rare.

Besides the other Australian XEN and Fast Times sticker too.

You missed the vegemite jar on the shelf  ;)
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2020, 07:38:21 PM »

You missed the vegemite jar on the shelf  ;)

Ha yes indeed, but Vegemite, along with the Footscray and skateboard.com.au stickers are not as rare, or at least not to me.

I thought I had pics somewhere of the box of all the stickers covering the whole platform of the ramp, but don't seem to have them handy.

These AH Australia eagle stickers I had were pretty special too.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwrQ2Ozlxr7/

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2020, 09:03:42 PM »

Damn! next time, buy some self adhesive magnet sheets and just make your stickers into magnets:

https://www.amazon.com/Marietta-Magnetics-Adhesive-Sheets-Flexible/dp/B079N9KXH3/

Owen

• SLAP Pal
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2020, 02:06:50 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn! next time, buy some self adhesive magnet sheets and just make your stickers into magnets:

https://www.amazon.com/Marietta-Magnetics-Adhesive-Sheets-Flexible/dp/B079N9KXH3/

Awesome idea
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2020, 11:04:26 PM »
If you send me an SASE,  Ill send you as many stickers as will fit. DM for my address.

I spent three years teaching skate lessons through Parks&Rec and would email pretty much every company for stickers and other free shit to stoke out the kids. Also worked at a skate shop for a few years and would  swipe stickers constantly. I have two shoeboxes of meh stickers, and one full of Tyte ones.
I hope you like Mystery and Darkstar.

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2020, 11:06:17 PM »
Also. Where can I get Slap stickers?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2020, 02:56:50 AM »
So I had a darkstar board when I was maybe 13 and I went skating with mates one night and I shot it out onto a road and a car ran over it and it didn’t break I was so hyped

I emailed them the next day from my school email just saying what happened and how pleased I was
it didn’t break and I forgot all about it

Maybe a month later I get called into the office after school and there’s a small package addressed to me from california, admin ladys all who sent you this and why has it come to school? I had forgotten so I said no idea but inside it there was a whole bunch of those good vinyl stickers

I realise they’re not the coolest company and that was the only dark star board I ever had but I never gave any address in the email, so someone’s received the email and taken the time to google the school then shipped it internationally

I reckon that’s tops they did that it stoked me out heaps

Edit it stoked me out so much I bought this signed chetty Thomas hat for $50 from a skate shop
$50 was a shitload of money in 98

This shop was up the sunny coast, the owner would get shit signed at demos and peddle it in the store. Kinda wack when I think about it but I got my own back in a way cause they gave me this tool to uncap a spot at Noosa and I broke the tool by mistake and I never went back cause I was embarrassed
They 100% woulda thought I stole it hahaha

I was gonna buy menikmati of them and one of them said nah you should check this yellow packman vhs
Young me loved all the drinking and stuff in chomp
it had a big influence on me haha
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 03:06:35 AM by matty_c »
listen to cosmic psychos

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2020, 10:23:42 AM »
where do yall get truck stickers

u can get wheel stickers from buying wheels. Shop stickers u get from just buying from a shop usually. Some decks come with a couple stickes, but never gotten a truck sticker.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2020, 02:15:41 PM »
where do yall get truck stickers

u can get wheel stickers from buying wheels. Shop stickers u get from just buying from a shop usually. Some decks come with a couple stickes, but never gotten a truck sticker.

What brand are you after?

I have ordered most brands stickers when ordering other things from the relevant distribution companies, eg Indy, Ace, Thunder and occasionally Venture (although they were harder to get) but other brands like Theeve were always handing out a pile from one of their guys.

Ask your local about them, or look up online shops that have the trucks and check the accessories category.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2020, 02:20:00 PM »

...whole bunch of those good vinyl stickers

I realise they’re not the coolest company...

So funny when I was on the ramp at CB, we had stacks a few inches tall of each logo, in particular the big three pronged helmet and they were the only stickers left over, cause all the local kids had so many they didn't want any more and maybe more for the reason as you said (which I had left).

Funny isn't it.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2020, 01:37:26 AM »
Expand Quote

...whole bunch of those good vinyl stickers

I realise they’re not the coolest company...
[close]

So funny when I was on the ramp at CB, we had stacks a few inches tall of each logo, in particular the big three pronged helmet and they were the only stickers left over, cause all the local kids had so many they didn't want any more and maybe more for the reason as you said (which I had left).

Funny isn't it.

Haha that’s the ones! 3 sizes I think?
They weren’t ideal
listen to cosmic psychos