Author Topic: Camera Repairs  (Read 1000 times)

pedro_mayn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 90
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
Camera Repairs
« on: November 11, 2020, 03:17:31 AM »
Since this section is still kind of new and I didn't notice anything that kinda holds this info I thought I'd make a thread on here for a list of peeps who do camera repairs.

I'm based in the UK, so I never would really like to send my cam abroad, so I've used Vx Doc a bunch of times for repairs on my VX1. Good egg (and a good skater, too) - https://www.instagram.com/vx_doc/?hl=en

Never personally used VE but I bet many old SP heads or anyone who uses a VX1 in the States will know about Kerry from VE -
https://videoelectronics.tv/

Same with VX1000Medic, not used but I know a few peeps who've bought items from him and seems to be reliable - https://www.instagram.com/vx1000medic/?hl=en

List some you've used if you could. Maybe we can keep this topic as a listing or review bit on certain peeps?
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

suckmadeck

• Rep: 27
Re: Camera Repairs
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 09:19:48 AM »
Stay the fuck away from VX1000Market unless you like being ripped off.

doyle

• Rep: 210
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 11:35:19 AM »
I can vouch that Kerry at VE is a legend and the only place I would send a VX1000 for repair (even having to ship from Canada).

I can also vouch that eBay user mullermanjr is a legit reseller/repairman from my experience. I bought a VX1000 from him which arrived slightly broken, and he covered all the costs for shipping it back to him, repairing it, and express shipping back to me.

dilbert1

• Rep: 141
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 12:27:43 PM »

dude's instagram disappeared lately, i need to buy a vx1 mic and his online store's still up stocked with one but even more wary

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2020, 01:22:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

dude's instagram disappeared lately, i need to buy a vx1 mic and his online store's still up stocked with one but even more wary

Don't support that kook. I see mics pop up on eBay all the time.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2020, 01:29:42 PM »
I personally have never sent my vx to Kerry. But have talked to him a number of times over email. Dude is fucking smart when it comes to the vx and does amazing work. Luckily my buddy at our shop got into fixing vx's a few years ago and he has fixed mine when ever something goes wrong. Dude is also a vx magician.

ferbmx

• Rep: -2
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2020, 02:47:30 PM »
Highly recommend Robert & Studio City Engineering ( https://www.studiocityengineering.com/ ), in Burbank (LA) for those Panasonic users.
The dude is an experimented Panasonic engineer that can fix all the Panny cameras specially HVX, HMC and HPX.
Great service, fast turnaround and fair prices.

Burton Ernie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
    • Black Mesa avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2020, 08:41:22 AM »
Not sure if this is widely known, but the VX1000 and other models Service Manual are available online and include disassembly instructions. Found an actual free download here: https://elektrotanya.com/sony_dcr-vx1000_sm.pdf/download.html#dl

I bought a Power Switch Control module on eBay and replaced it on my VX21 myself, it was fairly easy. I used to work in computer repair, it's pretty similar, but if you're not versed in small electronics I'm not sure how daunting of a task it would be. I also don't know how involved all the various repairs get, but it's worth looking at the service manual before shipping your camera and paying someone else to do it.

and finally, I echo the others "do not use or buy anything from VX1000market" sentiment.

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2020, 12:47:00 AM »
I can recommend @vx1000medic, dude is super nice and prices are correct. He repaired one of my VX2100 last year.
@marseille_zoo (South of France) is also super nice and helped me a lot with my first VX1000.
@vx_trader (Berlin I think) is very professional, I bought a VX1000 from him three months ago.

Not sure if this is widely known, but the VX1000 and other models Service Manual are available online and include disassembly instructions. Found an actual free download here: https://elektrotanya.com/sony_dcr-vx1000_sm.pdf/download.html#dl

I bought a Power Switch Control module on eBay and replaced it on my VX21 myself, it was fairly easy. I used to work in computer repair, it's pretty similar, but if you're not versed in small electronics I'm not sure how daunting of a task it would be. I also don't know how involved all the various repairs get, but it's worth looking at the service manual before shipping your camera and paying someone else to do it.

and finally, I echo the others "do not use or buy anything from VX1000market" sentiment.

Thanks a lot for that, I was looking for this service manual for a long time !
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

Oldirtypasta

• Rep: -1
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2021, 08:06:18 AM »
Anybody know of where to repair a Panasonic P2 in Europe? I have a friend based in Spain that is trying to find someone but is harder than meet someone who likes nyjah's shoes