Author Topic: East London  (Read 960 times)

thepman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
East London
« on: November 11, 2020, 09:30:35 AM »
Yo, i'm currently locking down in East London (I actually live in Manchester but staying with my girlfriend who lives down here for the month) and i'm after a chill ledge spot near Bethnal Green/Haggerston/London Fields area - any recommendations? Also any bank spots would be great too. I lived in London for 4 years during the mid 2010s so though I have some spot knowledge it's likely out of date...
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

franc

• Rep: 101
Re: East London
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 01:55:11 AM »
Mile End is close to yours and it has a very good ledge and other fun bits.

thepman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2020, 04:29:08 AM »
Mile End is close to yours and it has a very good ledge and other fun bits.

I love Mile End, but thought it might be closed like other skateparks because of the lockdown...
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

cringe.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 414
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2020, 05:42:58 AM »
hackney downs basketball court

thepman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2020, 09:12:04 AM »

Think i've seen this on Instagram recently, is this the court set up with a ledge and a couple of other obstacles?

Andrew_Reynolds_Woodcock

• Rep: -2
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2020, 11:13:54 AM »

I actually moved to Clapton so this is kind of my local now - I'm pretty shite so if I turn up and spend an hour trying to land a flatground heelflip am I going to piss everyone off?

cringe.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 414
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2020, 01:55:06 PM »
yep that's the spot pman – except its more like 4 ledges. probs the best reliable ledge spot in east.

and people of all abilities skate there - not vibey at all, and tonnes of space for flatground

feel free to DM me if you want more spots

wigwam_24

• Rep: 24
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2020, 05:38:50 PM »
dalston junction station theres some ledges outside there, theres loads of stuff near liverpool street/spitalfields market.

east london is pretty good for ledges. there used to be a series of skate edits called 'boroughs' on sidewalk, i think you can still find it online. the crew that make that skate pretty much eevry spot in east london.
My hass is out

fernando the skater

• Rep: 99
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2021, 04:38:53 AM »
Cannhall skate park in Wanstead reopened this week.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMxCcyHFZqy/