Author Topic: ketamine assisted therapy  (Read 811 times)

midnightsnack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -57
ketamine assisted therapy
« on: November 11, 2020, 12:05:24 PM »
Any pals ever go through with ketamine assisted therapy in a clinical setting? I found out there's a clinic about 30 minutes away from me that does ket infusion/ ket assist therapy. From my understanding, ketamine allows you to look at trauma from a very outside perspective and then regenerates new neuropathways in your brain... I'm considering going through with these types of treatments to come to terms with some childhood trauma that still plagues me to this day.

I've never done ket recreationally, but people seem to love it. I had a buddy once describe it as, "space heroin."

Does anyone have experience with this?

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1096
    • My Wife avatar image
Re: ketamine assisted therapy
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 02:32:03 PM »
I know a person who underwent ketamine therapy. It was very expensive but helped them obtain positivity for a while.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 02:33:50 PM »
Is that even legal?

midnightsnack

• Rep: -57
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 09:39:25 PM »
Is that even legal?

100% - at least in my state it is.

girlfriendplease

• Rep: -22
  • i can shuv it, 5050, bslide, kickflip, and nocompl
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 12:47:43 AM »
ketamine is for people who have pure desires that are broken by social misunderstandings and harsh outcomes from creatures born out if nipples
i care

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2020, 12:51:46 AM »
No way, I googled it and you can get them in bne too, I’m gonna make an appointment get the shot and report back

It’s 200 aud or something but might get a decent story out of it I guess

Edit nah it got shut down in 2015 I did some more googling
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 05:03:56 AM by matty_c »
listen to cosmic psychos

Brguy

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2020, 07:05:09 AM »
I've wanted to do ket on a regular setting, but after reading this I looked up and found out it's legal to do therapy with it where I live, real groovy stuff.

Featherdale wildlife park

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2020, 05:03:12 PM »
I don’t have anything to add but just wanted to wish you all the best with resolving things. You deserve it.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2020, 09:10:20 PM »
I could tell my old Dr who was a quack was pitching it to me. But I didn't ask about it because his judgement is really bad and he doesn't give a fuck about the people he sees.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2020, 01:33:13 AM »
ket is so weird. i never took it, because people on it seem to kind of melt away in front of you. it's like they have no concept of gravity anymore. i wouldn't wanna look like that. all my homies that took it say it's pretty sick though.

clinical setting is way different, i could see that working. people don't seem to get stuck on ket too much, like they seem more normal and less depressed when sobered up than after binging molly or coke. so maybe that makes it better for use in a clinical setting. i am just speculating though tbh. but i find this interesting.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2020, 05:21:09 AM »
I need medicinal PCP yesterday
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2020, 06:17:08 AM »
ket is so weird. i never took it, because people on it seem to kind of melt away in front of you. it's like they have no concept of gravity anymore. i wouldn't wanna look like that. all my homies that took it say it's pretty sick though.

clinical setting is way different, i could see that working. people don't seem to get stuck on ket too much, like they seem more normal and less depressed when sobered up than after binging molly or coke. so maybe that makes it better for use in a clinical setting. i am just speculating though tbh. but i find this interesting.

Well, yeah, it's a fucking horse tranquilizer, of course your homies gotta carry your dumb ass to the car.

One thing that is weird is that now matter how wrecked I got, never shit my pants.. probably all the methadone floating in the background..

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2020, 06:59:01 AM »
I read a little about the medical use requirements when I found out my dr was doing it. I don’t know if it’s a California thing or a federal requirement, but I read that you were required to stay with and be monitored by the dr for I believe an hour maybe 30 min after the drug is administered before you could leave. And I think if you had gone through the first phase which is a few doses the first couples weeks you go to once a week and you can leave if someone else drives you. But that’s what also sucks is it’s temporary and you have to go in more often than regular medication to get it. They don’t send you home with some.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2020, 12:33:10 PM »

Well, yeah, it's a fucking horse tranquilizer,
I wish people would stop fucking saying this shit.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2020, 09:36:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Just googled it and it seems partially true, but, the treatment part was pretty cool.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1579
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2020, 11:03:01 PM »
I don't have any experience with K.  I remember Nick Dompierre talking about his struggles with it in various interviews so use medical professionals.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2020, 11:08:52 PM »
I may have posted this before but a good prank to do while you’re on the bag with your mates is to switch out the rack for ket or just like a random line on the plate russian roulette style
listen to cosmic psychos

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2020, 05:27:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yes, total bollocks. One of the most widely used anesthetics, especially under difficult conditions. Its quite special in that it can completely knock you out while keeping your autonomic nervous system fully functional. Meaning, you are gone but breathing on your own. Every hospital keeps a stock. Medical-grade ketamine is also a lovely recreational substance if used rarely. Very safe and effects can be extremely pleasant.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1060
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2020, 07:29:15 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

#ketaminelivesmatter

non-playable character

• Rep: 14
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2020, 08:15:59 AM »
a random line on the plate russian roulette style

Thanks for the idea. Will report back with my findings.

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 25
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2020, 11:30:35 AM »
Never used it for therapy just for fun. It was sick. Also college kids will pay big bucks for anything snortable.
Whoa. Danger.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2020, 01:51:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Yes, total bollocks. One of the most widely used anesthetics, especially under difficult conditions. Its quite special in that it can completely knock you out while keeping your autonomic nervous system fully functional. Meaning, you are gone but breathing on your own. Every hospital keeps a stock. Medical-grade ketamine is also a lovely recreational substance if used rarely. Very safe and effects can be extremely pleasant.
At .25mg/kg ketamine is also an amazing analgesic too. It was actually designed for human use, but because it works so well on animals as well, it is widely used in veterinary medicine.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2020, 02:19:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
At .25mg/kg ketamine is also an amazing analgesic too.

I can confirm, we have used it successfully to treat back pain and sore legs during the last stretch on long festivals. :o