Author Topic: PROPELLER  (Read 2187 times)

soap_angel

PROPELLER
« on: October 16, 2020, 04:57:04 PM »
This video was incredible. A real special document of skateboarding at that moment. Five years old and still sick as fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XccMFqjHfG8&t=1s

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
Re: PROPELLER
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 07:08:18 PM »

The goats.
I remember the first time I watched this, I yelped when I saw Card’s fs slash. If only I could figure out how to no-comply 3 like Barbee.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

Sleazy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 07:10:35 PM »
Glad it’s not just me. TNT held it down. I don’t give a shit about his personal life.

soap_angel

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2020, 08:15:46 PM »
Glad it’s not just me. TNT held it down. I don’t give a shit about his personal life.

Some of his gnarliest tricks if you ask me.

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 05:23:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

like this one

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2020, 08:13:03 AM »
I re-watched propellor just a couple days ago and the rewatchability was almost 0 for me.
Skipped Chimas part, watched all of rowans but Im not really a fan of his style. I skimmed the next few parts and there were none that I wanted to watch all of.
Dan Lus kickflip front board down blubba was cool but still didn’t watch the whole part.
Skip skip then watched all of AA and DD but I’ll probably skip those next time.
Watched all of Geoffs part.
Skip/skim, watched all of aves part.
For me, AVEs part is the only one that I really enjoy.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 25
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2020, 09:34:11 AM »
I only watched this whole bitch once. It was with like 15 hooligan typesm and two of em "used to skate". Fuckin hilarious. After ten minutes I'm narrating this whole thing, and by the end I'm see in three to four of em drunk skate right into potholes. The raw edits were cool to see. Why is dill on adidas?
Whoa. Danger.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2020, 11:19:23 AM »
Skating is sick but I always felt like it was a very vanilla edit from Greg Hunt. Especially after his work on Dylan and Mindfield. This man almost made Steve Berra look cool.

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2020, 12:46:31 PM »
one of the best proper full-lengths of the last ten years

Bizarro Jerry

• Rep: 34
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2020, 06:34:55 PM »
Hate to say it but I remember being so underwhelmed when I first watched this. Haven't had the attention span/time to re-watch the whole thing ever again.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2020, 07:45:58 PM »
Good video, but another example of why full-lengths with massive hype attached can't live up to the hype anymore with everyone dropping solo parts on Thrasher now. Feels like almost every big video that took years to make suffers from this now from Pretty Sweet, to Away Days, to Propeller to Baker 4. Seems the best way to go about it is to quickly drop a full-length with limited hype like Krooked did for LSD.

I love how Greg Hunt edited Dan Lu's part. Chima and Ave absolutely destroyed it. Still sucks at how all of Layton's footage for it was released as a Berric's part where his ender is him shitting himself.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2020, 05:33:33 AM »
Skating is sick but I always felt like it was a very vanilla edit from Greg Hunt. Especially after his work on Dylan and Mindfield. This man almost made Steve Berra look cool.

It is very sterile.

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2020, 02:20:57 AM »
I remember everyone saying dan lu or Ave had the best part but I feel like Gilbert Crocket came in pretty heavy.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2020, 06:13:13 PM »
Still think I enjoy J-Lays would-be Propeller part more than a lot of that video
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2020, 02:54:44 PM »
My last purchase on Itunes. Great video. Enjoyable parts from everybody but obviously have my favorites, AVE being favorite. Found the copy with the book on Ebay some time after.

Brguy

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2020, 04:15:56 PM »
You know the video is good when even Curren Caples has an enjoyable part(I still skip it, though).

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2020, 07:54:38 AM »
Gilbert, AVE, and AA's were on constant repeat for me around that time. Stoked to have found a hardcopy/photobook for dirt cheap on eBay.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2020, 10:06:07 AM »
I remember everyone saying dan lu or Ave had the best part but I feel like Gilbert Crocket came in pretty heavy.
[/quote

Definitely my favorite part of the video. I really liked how it was clearly filmed over the course of a couple of years and you can tell from how different Gilbert and his outfits look haha

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2020, 10:14:57 PM »
one of the best proper full-lengths of the last ten years
This
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

soap_angel

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2020, 06:26:22 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss7eqc_SHsg

How sick is Dollin's part? Front board at :49 is nuts.

Josepsh

• Rep: -5
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2020, 06:18:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I want too do that skateboarding ?. .

lk130

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2020, 08:35:01 PM »
It's really the second coming of This is Skateboarding, every part is the perfect mix flow and substance
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2020, 03:04:39 PM »
Greg hunt killed it.
I might be in the minority here, but I think Elijah really came through with a sick part.
Gilbert <3 could have been last part.
I wish Andrew Allen had his own part. I know that a lot of that footage went into the B sides and probably Hockey projects and all that but he should've had his own part. They should've done something else with Dustin.
That song Dan Lu skates to is beautiful.

lk130

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2020, 10:13:17 PM »
Man I thought it was all long enough & Andrew Allen skating to "Bang bang" was so hardcore, I think even Steve Van Doren is in the video
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

live, laugh, love

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2020, 10:41:35 AM »
I'm a big Chima fan. So when I first watched this video I was stoked to see him get the opener. His part was great. Music and everything went perfectly imo.

Brguy

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2020, 12:44:40 PM »
This video really is a gem, the only part I skipped watching it was the Curren Caples part, for some reason I actually skipped it the first time I watched and I didn't even know half the guys on the team, it was pretty nice when I came to watch it.

TheFandangler

• Rep: 14
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2020, 01:22:55 AM »
I love Propeller.

Chima has really sick part, maybe his best. Big fan.
Dan Lu and Rowan both have very enjoyable parts, with some pretty hairball maneuvers.
Pedro fucking Barros. I love his part and I am in no way a transition skater. His skating is a good mixture of Cardiel, Omar and maybe just a dash of Vov to take into account his switch game and flip tricks? This part got me really hyped on him. That one line he does at the park under the bridge with the ribbon thingy. I think he ends it with a 5 in the bowl. So gnarly.
Gilbert Crockett was my vote for SOTY the year this came out. His part is easily the one I've watched the most.
Everyone else kills it too. Some Grosso and Barbee footy! Hell yeah

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2020, 02:12:57 AM »
I think it was one of the last full dvds I got, first bought a couple of copies, then got a few more with pairs of Vans shoes, but I will always be more of a dvd watcher than an internet part.

As was already mentioned, I really liked the raw edits of the team too, which just showed more and had a very local feel to them, even though they were still made as an edit, it was more like you were there watching.

I think I will have to watch it again, but being over an hour, I often just don't make time to sit down for something like that.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

lk130

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2020, 06:35:10 PM »
There's so much good skating the parts just fly by, I love when videos do that. .
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby